• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Tonight is a new character.

Christmas NiGHTS

only playable online on December 25th, can't cheat the clock.

Regular NiGHTS? Not in the game.

m00

This:
Jiggy37 said:
I don't believe in the least that it'll happen. :D But two things:

1) I specialize in getting my hopes up when it comes to Wii content even when everything says I shouldn't! For example, today was a lame Christmas Eve Virtual Console Monday, so now I've simply moved into hyping myself up for an awesome New Year's Eve VC Monday even though I'm sure I'll be disappointed again. :D Edit: And then after the New Year's Eve VC Monday fails to deliver, I'll hype myself up for the first VC Monday of 2008!
I no longer have any doubts. Jiggy, you are Pollyanna. :D

My Guesses:

1. Announces something specials happens on major holidays, like special costumes, match types or stages.(5%)

2. The game going gold(10%)

3. Something very stupid or something we know. (84%)

4. A new character(or captain falcon)(1%)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I2) I enjoy predicting big because if I actually end up being right against all odds, I look more legendary. >_> :D

I think your astonishing devotion to and thoroughness with statistics have already made you legendary, at least to the regulars in this thread.

Going with the Pollyanna theme, Jiggy, you're as crazy as a loon
but that's why we believe in you.

In all seriousness, though, I'm not seriously expecting anything better than a stage and I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be getting a Final Smash.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I doubt the game is gold in the U.S. at the same time as in Japan, so I doubt that will be our update. And going gold is a pretty boring update anyway, it's basically just saying "you know that last release date i told you? not kidding."

A satisfactory christmas update to me would be a character. Any character. It has been two months, Sakurai.

Jiggy

Zek said:
A satisfactory christmas update to me would be a character. Any character. It has been two months, Sakurai.
Well, if it makes you feel better, it won't be exactly two months unless tonight goes by without one.

...I'm guessing this won't make you feel better. >_>

Jiggy

In all seriousness, if the update tonight is even vaguely Christmas-themed, I'll be stunned--I'm not sure they'd program in something only applicable for about one month each year. Of course, if you all are just making predictions with the "go big and go brave to earn legendary status" mentality in mind, I support that. :D

Aras

Megaton? u mean megaton hammer? o0

I predict the return of a character u__u or the newcomer that will fill that ugly square on the newcomer's frame in the official page *-*

Sciz

Iam Canadian said:
Going with the Pollyanna theme, Jiggy, you're as crazy as a loon
but that's why we believe in you.

I've always preferred the vocals for Flying Man, myself.

I'll predict item + music tonight.

Jiggy

A "megaton" on GAF is any kind of news that's so huge it shakes the planet like, well, a megaton. For example, Dragon Quest IX being put on DS. :eek:

Sciz said:
I've always preferred the vocals for Flying Man, myself.

I'll predict item + music tonight.
Paradise Line > all.

Now we're goin' in style
Let's start wearin' a smile
Life keeps gettin' better all the time
(So much better)
Takin' the Paradise Line

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
It's like waiting for Santa. And if Sakurai doesn't deliver, it's like finding out Santa is just a huge lie.
Santa's no lie, it's just that he lives in Narnia rather than on Earth. In other words, if we don't get a good update tonight, I think we should all look through our wardrobes.

Stage On

I predict a lump of coal in our stockings...err I mean update.

I don't want to set my expectations high for tonight, that way if it's lame I can just shrug and go meh and if it's good it'll be more mind blowing.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I just wanted to get in here real quick to say MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS, SMASH BROS DOJO THREAD! :)

You guys are like part of the family *sniff*

Jiggy

Rambaldi said:
CAPSULES!

Be careful, you don't know when they might explode

:(
I
don't at all
hate to snow on your parade, but actually, we just might know. I think I remember that some of the E For All players claimed that the boxes that exploded had something different written on them, so maybe it's like that for capsules now too.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I just got back from an amazing christmas eve bonfire.

friend brought some incredible home made sweet tea, we found a discarded fifteen foot christmas tree and doused it with gasoline and boy that sucker smelled purty as it lit up the neighborhood.

now I get to spend the first hours of christmas with you gents for the inevitable disappointment :D

Rambaldi

Jiggy37 said:
I
don't at all
hate to snow on your parade, but actually, we just might know. I think I remember that some of the E For All players claimed that the boxes that exploded had something different written on them, so maybe it's like that for capsules now too.

From the videos I saw, there were flames on some barrels/crates.

But I'm sure it'll just be something lame like Ness' confirmation.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
NOTICE:

Jingle All The Way Marathon!

As you may know, in this version of Smash Brothers we have included a lot more cinema-like scenes.

screenshot

So today I would like to remind you of one of the greatest pieces of film of all time is conveniently on all day long today.

screenshot

JINGLE ALL THE WAY!

screenshot

Watch Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad brawl for the coveted Turboman doll.

screenshot

You know, Turboman dolls are a lot like Smash Balls -- lots of brawling ensues in order to attain one!

screenshot

Nobody likes Booster!

Jiggy

Ness' confirmation couldn't possibly make for a lame update. It would probably either prove that Lucas and Ness are really differentiated or that they're mostly clones--which would reconfirm clones, certainly an interesting piece of information if it happened.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh man! forgot it was a week day, just finished a large luncheon with the family, and a good bi annual game of bowls in the back yard!

(Y) treat us to something nice sakurai.

Meloche

Jiggy37 said:
Ness' confirmation couldn't possibly make for a lame update. It would probably either prove that Lucas and Ness are really differentiated or that they're mostly clones--which would reconfirm clones, certainly an interesting piece of information if it happened.
Could any character make for a lame update, in our current character-less state of despair? Serious question.

Predicting game mode for tonight... not sure what it'll be though. Here's hoping for Board the Platforms or Multi-Man Brawl with Miis as the Wireframes.

<Super Sonic>

When talking about Sonic’s Final Smash, there is no other option than Super Sonic!

Use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to transform. Race through the air at reckless speed!

sonic_071225a-l.jpg

Get the Smash Ball!

sonic_071225b-l.jpg

Now I’ll show you!

sonic_071225c-l.jpg

Haaaaaaaaahhhhh!

He has tremendous inertia and is hard to control, but his top speed is top class!

Those who are witnessing this move should plan on dodging!

sonic_071225d-l.jpg

Whoa! Hold on!

sonic_071225e-l.jpg

I won’t take it!

If you boost your speed recklessly, you’ll pass by people too quickly, making it easier for them to dodge.

Speed control is important with this Final Smash.

sonic_071225f-l.jpg

And it’s over.

========

Composition Supervisor: SEGA
Arrangement Supervisor: Jun Senoue

• Copyrights for this song are held by SEGA.
• Check your volume settings.

The song used as the background music for the Sonic The Hedgehog Joins the Brawl movie is called "Live and Learn." As you can tell by listening, it’s a pretty hot song, and it has many fans. Oh... You can, of course, enjoy the original version in this game as well.

And the person who created that song, Jun Senoue, has arranged a song for this game!

It is "Angel Island Zone." It is a song from "Sonic The Hedgehog 3," in which Knuckles first appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom