• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I WANT!!!!!!

is FT on break this week??

A day early?

-

Saiki Kusuo gets good ads, Kaidou even. . I wish I could follow it instead of just glancing at its colour pages, occasional summaries, and etc :(
BZnBMZ2CIAA5OXz.jpg:large

Akito

Tripeace v09
Not really feeling the new arc and especially not the new cross-dressing character, bring Shiro back please.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No, I meant light-hearted adorable/cute d'awwwwww slice of life manga, hahaha.

Yeah, I have read those two as well, and I adored them too. The same with Usagi Drop, and I even like its controversial ending that I know some in here really abhor, hahaha.

What's wrong with you

kiyomi

Akame ga Kiru! Zero 01

Well, this could be interesting. Set more in Akame's childhood, she - and a group of other children - seem to be working for The Empire under the belief they're saving the world from more warring. Doesn't look quite as good as the main series but I still quite liked the art. It's gonna help flesh out Akame more as a character, but at the same time, introduces a whole fresh batch of characters, which is one of the things the Akame ga Kiru plays with so well. To early to tell, obviously, but in this universe, it could be neat.

Beelzebub 229

Aw the father son moments was the sweetest thing in a while. Perfect after the high climax action on the road, was actually surprised how intense they made it with the windshield, the flipped truck, everyones comments, and Oga walking out from the firey background and explosion going on.

Akito

Tripeace v11 (end)
Welp, that was an underwhelming ending alright, everything got resolved through a fist fight, which again reminds me of Soul Eater, well the anime at least. Overall it's a ok-ish action shounen with stylish battles and serviceable characters but the approach to the already pretty stereotyped story is quite dumb/naive. And the endings sucks.

upandaway

Tripeace v11 (end)
Welp, that was an underwhelming ending alright, everything got resolved through a fist fight, which again reminds me of Soul Eater, well the anime at least. Overall it's a ok-ish action shounen with stylish battles and serviceable characters but the approach to the already pretty stereotyped story is quite dumb/naive. And the endings sucks.
I really like Shiro, bummer about the ending but I'm generally pretty good at not minding rushed endings. Anyway I liked Shiro a lot.

Akito

I really like Shiro, bummer about the ending but I'm generally pretty good at not minding rushed endings. Anyway I liked Shiro a lot.
She was the best yes which makes the final arc even worse when she was left out for nearly 2 volumes and the girlish guy we got instead served no purpose whatsoever.

Wiseblade

I haven't read that far but from what I've seen Ultimate Doctor Doom is the worst. What a disgrace.
I read USM and Ultimate X-Men up to Ultimatum, along with the first two Ultimates volumes.

The Ultimates volumes were fun romps and X-Men started out well, but became less enjoyable as time went on. It just never really felt like it's own thing, either trying too hard to emulate the movies or the main universe.

Oh yeah, I read Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru.

Pretty decent, not specially good or brilliant, but enjoyable enough to go on. When I noticed it, I had read a few volumes in the first go! Easy to digest, if you know what I mean.Not as good as ARM in fights or with interesting characters as Teppu, but better than Hajime no Ippo which I dropped after too much BS and bad characters.

The MC is pretty good, while it's the typical journey from zero to king, he levels up pretty fast in the first volumes. Most characters actually are nice. Though the MC has the typical love blindness where he doesn't seem interested in girls while the gals are waiting his D, lol.

Bad point: the whole "gay anal rapist" as a humorous plotline. And even they got him in their club and from time to time tries to rape the protagonist. Hilarious! Not. And of course, he is a gaijin, a Japanese couldn't be gay...

SappYoda

Otaku no Musume-san

I thought this was a light hearted, comedy manga but that chapter 60. Holy shit.

I was rooting for Haruka, but in the end, looks like she is no different from the other women that hurt Kouta. Thank god Kanau is there to make him happy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 87 (missing 2 pages)

I knew she wasn't trustworthy

JOKE:ЯR'S 4
Excellent conclusion to the volume even if its following the lines of how most action series do it, with the unexperienced new comer being faced with having to approach his fear immediately while a monster attacks and the other senior members telling him to either accept it or leave. Volume 2 needs to come fast, and the bonus pages was hilarious. Who sent that request in to get them in the outfits. Nanairo even.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 87

Well I dont know what the series will do once this is resolved, though this time stopping moment with the real ceremony is a bit compelling. I wonder if Miyamura can come in or if thats just way too out there. He hasn't had any real role this arc at all.

Unless she will introduce a new antagonist or entity?

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven Witches 87

Well I dont know what the series will do once this is resolved, though this time stopping moment with the real ceremony is a bit compelling. I wonder if Miyamura can come in or if thats just way too out there. He hasn't had any real role this arc at all.

Unless she will introduce a new antagonist or entity?

I don't think Yamada is going to end in 80 chapters, so there's probably going to be some other kind of arc. Assuming they find a way to restore the memories of Miyamura and Miyabi, they probably will restore the President too?

Angry Grimace

Also, Ignis goes Ignis in the OT thread. I can always tell when he's going to get banned because he steps over the line and doesn't relent until his name is greyed out.

Aunt's Tits 103

Damn son, this teacher's full on cray, don't think you can just tap that and run

Teacher's Ass 103

OK, who wants to bet he screws this up?

I imagine he'll do it with her, then girl 3 will come back and want a relationship with him leading to yandere fun times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom