• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Slime should be in Brawl.

WHY DONT YOU JUST STICK A GOOMBA IN THERE FOR THAT MATTER\
HOW 'BOUT A FUCKING METROID AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER

and this is how you keep going for another 10 pages :lol

Stage On

Slime should be in Brawl.

Well he'd make an nice assit trophie anyhow if Square Enix got some representation in the game. I wouldn't want him as a character however, at least not before we get a lot of other intresting characters like say Ridly first.

I didn't say it was a reference, I just said it was interesting. Twelve characters, and only one of them is female.

Samus being only female is not interesting, because Smash 64's roster consisted mostly of main star characters for big name, which Samus was one of the only Nintendo ones at the time, then Melee started adding supporting cast characters and more obscure characters.

---

Well I was being silly after Samus. I thought "fat and pink" would've given that away.
Which is why I am ticked that you even posted those, because I was being serious. I don't need people coming up with random crap. If you figured out the connection between Mario & Luigi and Ryu & Ken, then I'm sorry about that, but I don't deal with loose ties such as "fat and pink", or "only female".

Cynar

Just saw this, interesting screenshots, especially the second one. Any idea if it's fake or not?

http://wiicharged.com/index.php?page=20

channel1.jpg

The second screenshot on the bottom has a line that says: "At least one character and one game mode is required."

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
FAF (fake as f...)

WHy would they take the time to optimize a demo that had to be compartmentalized into charachters and game modes and let you choose them a-la-carte?

Waste of time for the devs... and you know Sakurai was keeping them busy enough as it was.

Cynar

I'm kind of on the fence.

I want it to be true, but it seems kinda fakey.

But at the same time, I could totally see Nintendo doing this.

Exactly how I feel. It's one of the more interesting fakes it seems though. Still hoping it's real. :(

There's about a 0% chance of a pre-release demo, IMO. There's simply no need for it, and the game is much too close to its release date. Won't happen, the screen's fake.

Oh boy, I get the feeling that the rush of fake "leaked" info and screens is going to be maddening with this one. :lol

Cynar

WastingPenguins said:
There's about a 0% chance of a pre-release demo, IMO. There's simply no need for it, and the game is much too close to its release date. Won't happen, the screen's fake.

Oh boy, I get the feeling that the rush of fake "leaked" info and screens is going to be maddening with this one. :lol

I expect we'll see a resurgence of leaked rosters soon, just like melee had weeks before it's release. :lol

Meloche

Wii doesn't have the room for downloadable demos, and I don't see the point in releasing a disk demo through retail when the game is out in just over a month and will sell by the millions without help. The only possibility we have for a demo [and it's a microscropic one, at that] would be through Nintendo Power; maybe they could put the E for All demo on a disk and send it out with their next issue. I'm sure it would sell a lot of magazines, but I doubt it would have any major impact on Brawl's performance. So basically, it's not happening.

On the plus side, the Dojo updates resume in a few days. After that totally unecessary break [since the updates are obviously prepared days/weeks in advance], it'll be interesting to see what Sakurai has in store for us.

KevinCow

Banned
KittenMaster said:
---

Which is why I am ticked that you even posted those, because I was being serious. I don't need people coming up with random crap. If you figured out the connection between Mario & Luigi and Ryu & Ken, then I'm sorry about that, but I don't deal with loose ties such as "fat and pink", or "only female".
Oh fucking shit, YOU WERE BEING SERIOUS. Better watch everything you post everybody, because KITTENMASTER WAS BEING SERIOUS! He might get all bitchy if you don't all start being COMPLETELY FUCKING SERIOUS TOO!

Jiggy

KittenMaster said:
After the break, it'll about be a whole month before Brawl is released, so we'll be seeing our last month's worth of updates.
If the Melee site is any indication, the updates after Brawl's out will include:
-The unlockable characters
-All possible ending pictures
-Some kind of picture contest
-Whatever the third and fifth options are in this menu (the fourth is the picture contest)
-A load of stuff in this menu that I'm not going through right now because I'm going to sleep, but many of them are definitely dated after the Melee release

Whether or not this thread will still be going by then, I don't know, but the Dojo itself should continue.

Jiggy37 said:
If the Melee site is any indication, the updates after Brawl's out will include:
-The unlockable characters
-All possible ending pictures
-Some kind of picture contest
-Whatever the third and fifth options are in this menu (the fourth is the picture contest)
-A load of stuff in this menu that I'm not going through right now because I'm going to sleep, but many of them are definitely dated after the Melee release

Whether or not this thread will still be going by then, I don't know, but the Dojo itself should continue.
I stand corrected then.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Iam Canadian said:
Those trophies weren't in any version, I think. In fact, I bought an Action Replay for the sole purpose of getting those trophies.

Seriously.

Edit: Oh, they were bonuses in Japan. That makes sense.

NOA hates us... wait, let me rephrase us... NOA doesn't care or is oblivious to things like this.

(Yes, I have those two trophies as well... and Tamagon.)

HURGHT

Barring some miracle allowing the wii to access a downloadable demo from a USB thumb drive or something, I don't think we'll ever see demos outside of pre-order discs for the wii, so it's gotta be fake. What a shame, because I (and everyone else) would play the hell out of a brawl demo.

SantaC said:
what if Ryu or Ken is in Smash Bros Brawl? is there any possibility at all now when that guy is ruled out?

You might want to edit your post before sp0rsk sees it.

Scribble

Will anyone be even looking at the Dojo after the release? I'll be busy, you know, playing the game (I'm British, but if all goes to plan =P).

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
I'm not sure how one can counterattack that. D: It's a wall of text and effort and devotion, not some kind of lame FF4/7 wall of demonic power that's not too tough to kill.

Don't forget FF12's wall of demonic power =P

Cynar

ShockingAlberto said:
Yeah, super fake. Beta discs don't go through the disc channel. They boot straight to the game.

1. It wasn't a disc, it looks like a download.
2. the 2nd screenshot shows how much data it takes up which would make it very possible, yet still probably fake. :p

Probably photoshopped by 4chan or something. :p

TreIII

Jiggy37 said:

It all depends on what the people want, I would think.

I mean, if the desire of the people is to keep this topic going on in epic fashion, just with the likes of me and sp0rsk providing spoilers, so be it. Otherwise, there can be a new (more than likely, stickied) topic made just for the sake of it.

Personally, a part of me would personally I love to see this topic go on to become even more epic than before, thanks to the spoiler info being used as a vessel to keep this baby going well into the 60,000+ post range. But if it must be laid to rest, then so be it. But I hope that this topic would forever go into the annals of GAF history as being of the long-lived topics of all time... :D

More Jump Festa info found: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Metagross, Onix, Garchomp, Castform, and Regigigas confirmed in Pokeballs. Metagross seems to use Earthquake while Regigigas uses Crush Grip supposedly.

Rosalina assist the player by providing Star Bits to recover health. A Luma may also appear with her.

The Soccer ball item can't be countered or caught and can turn into flames if it is kicked.

The timer watch item can either slow your opponents or slow you down.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

The people over at Smash Boards seem to have stumbled upon some Japanese Smash boards and have learned some more JumpFesta demo info.

New info:

-Metagross, Regigigas, Garchomp, and Castform are Pokeball Pokemon
-Onix returns as a Pokeball Pokemon
-Pokemon Trainer talks some more when he does his Final Smash
-Soccer Ball item from Mario Strikers
-That clock item we saw in the "Items From Previous Installments" update slows your opponent down but, like the Hammers, can occasionally mess up and slow YOU down
-Rosalina AT apparently throws out star pieces that heal and expels Lumas
-Snake plants mines and can remote detonate them
-Lucas' PK Freeze has much better control than PK Flash ever did with Ness

All of this could be mistranslation or the Japanese could be lying, of course. But would be awesome if true.

Stage On

Firestorm said:
I want to buy the Pokemon manga but $100 shipping kills it =[ I'd be all over if it was actually $135 for 25 books.

It's basically $275 for the package deal for all 25 books including shipping. However when you divide that by the amount of books then it works out to $11 a book which is about what you'd pay for the cover price of most manga after tax anyhow assuming you bought them at an actual comic store/book store and not at a convention or something anyhow.

That Demo is probally too good to be true.

Golden Darkness said:
More Jump Festa info found: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Metagross, Onix, Garchomp, Castform, and Regigigas confirmed in Pokeballs. Metagross seems to use Earthquake while Regigigas uses Crush Grip supposedly.

Rosalina assist the player by providing Star Bits to recover health. A Luma may also appear with her.

The Soccer ball item can't be countered or caught and can turn into flames if it is kicked.

The timer watch item can either slow your opponents or slow you down.
January Dojo updates revealed! :D :lol

Dechaios said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but it shows a woman doing the voice for "Krystal" in Brawl.. Krystal confirmed in some way?

Knowing you guys it's probably already been pointed out.

Yeah, it was on her official site a while ago, but taken down after it was found.
She probably is in it (and probably playable at that).
Personally, I don't mind.
Smash needs more female fighters (Lynn was such a loss...), and seriously needs a staff fighter.

TreIII

Dechaios said:
I agree, more female fighters.. Never been a fan of Krystal though.

Likewise. Again, I would gladly take the likes of Lachesis (FE4), Jody Summers and Marth's Pegasus-riding boo, Princess Sheeda, before Krystal, personally.

And any way, more finds based on JumpFesta is always good. I'm personally surprised that more wasn't leaked earlier, but then again, I just had to remember that the Japanese are not necessarily as obsessive over Smash as their counter-parts in the West...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Teasel said:
you know i was thinking... if snake is in the japanese demo shouldn't somebody know what his final smash looks like?
I cant wait to see what his final smash will be. I've got no clue what it might be. Its not going to be a metal gear because both metal gear ray and metal gear rex appear on the shadow moses stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom