• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MikeMeyers

An NTR example would be say the episode of Kagome getting tied to the tree while she's forced to watch InuYasha and Kikyo kiss, now imagine it going a lot farther, and having it happen after InuYasha and Kagome were really close to a real relationship.

Didn't Sesshy gank one of them?

I thought he killed the fire breathing one

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
@MikeMeyers

An NTR example would be say the episode of Kagome getting tied to the tree while she's forced to watch InuYasha and Kikyo kiss, now imagine it going a lot farther, and having it happen after InuYasha and Kagome were really close to a real relationship.

thats exactly it, infact I remember saying it was NTR lol

Later toonamigaf

MikeMyers

@MikeMeyers

Thanks.

It seems like Miroku's scenes here are filler.

#animeisbetter.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
My predictions for the rest of the Band of Seven defeats:

Dual Personalities --
Kikyo
One obsessed with Inuyasha --
Sessy
Fake monk dude who just escaped from Koga --
Inuyasha
Leader --
Inuyasha

Also in addition to Sesshomaru and Koga beating Band of 7 members,
Kikyo
has a triumph as well.

No surprise there, honestly despite how good band of 7 arc is there are some bizarre plot decisions that baffle me and I feel the arc could and should have been more

MikeMyers

My predictions for the rest of the Band of Seven defeats:

Dual Personalities --
Kikyo
One obsessed with Inuyasha --
Sessy
Fake monk dude who just escaped from Koga --
Inuyasha
Leader --
Inuyasha

Correct, Inuyasha beats him, Bankotsu kills him, Correct

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRN9kqQPWmu6IH

zlCfzRN-Jl0MCe8hnk
zlCfzRN-SvovPnclEY

zlCfzRN-bEsL57f_jv
zlCfzRN-jxw8l4ktLT

zlCfzRN-q_0RYa5D3M
zlCfzRN-33k6FK9O_8

zlCfzRN_GG4T2C6kwL
zlCfzRN_LKQNDbngZ3

zlCfzRN_QZwhbmDCP3
zlCfzRN_VuIWfygKjA

LATER

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unless IGPX gets better or gets replaced or I drink a ton of tea I'm usually half dead by the second Inuyasha episode.

RANKING:

AKIRA
FMAB
GITS
INUYASHA 1
INUYASHA 2
IGPX
CLONE WARS

Clone Wars wasn't as bad as it could have been considering it was an episode with multiple Gungans and Padme but it was still easily the worst show last night. I kinda miss SAO.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Is there even a point in doing this for tonight.... probably not, but whatevs!

1. Akira
  2. FMA: Brotherhood
  3. Inuyasha 2
  4. Inuyasha 1
  5. Ghost in the Shell
  6. Clone Wars
  7. IGPX

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad you guys like em, I actually kinda got stuck WATCHING Akira, lol. Had to toss Akira Kazama and Akira Yuki in because... well.. AKIRA.

Why do you all leave before SAB posts?

They knew I got kinda lazy with the pics, lol. 20+ hours of being awake today and all, it'll do that to a person! ;)

Maybe IGPX put SAB to sleep D:

Naaa, if anything, I'd fall asleep at Star Wars, haha. Thouh I don't like IGPX coming after GITS. Seriosu anime -> Inuyasha => OYASUMI! Not Serious -> SPORTS RACING YEAH! -> Inuyasha! (-_-; )

I actually miss SAO too. I see One Piece in other ways, Bleach is the same episode all the time... well, I think it is... I've seen SE, and Naruto... well, I didn't mind seeing early stuff again. But SAO is the freshest, and It's really fun to draw...

Good morning and ......crap felll asleep during clone wars again. -_-
GOOD SHIT like always SAB. Hopefully you you don't run out of ideas for double Naruto coming up.:p

Raxus

Good stuff SAB. Had to cut out after FMA. I wasn't going to sit through IGPX and I have to study for finals.

The next title should be Toonami |OTX| LIVING IN THE DATABASE! WOW!

Amikami

Banned
Great sketches SAB. I like how you fit a bit of Akira in almost all of them.

And I went to sleep to soon after watching Akira. Shit. My head.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't this the first hd tv airing of the movie? It might've done pretty well actually.
It was trending worldwide all night, even for the west coast feed (which almost never happens). I imagine it did very well.

The only issue when we get it's numbers is that it's going to be an average from across 3 full hours, and the last quarter hour especially probably had a big drop since it was basically just end credits, music video, and commercials. So the number is going to LOOK less impressive than it actually is.

mhs004

Literally all I remember last night is those two scenes at the beginning of Akira that freaked me out. I did not need that lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So I slowly get to see the old ULTRA-HYPE anime of the past again with more mature eyes... Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, etc... And I think the one from that time that I actually legit like beyond hype for animation or "IT'S AWESOME BECAUSE IT'S RISQUE CARTOONS!" is actually... Perfect Blue?!?

The Psychology of Akira did nothing for me. No matter how developed Tetsuo's inferiority complex is, or how much Kei's transition from 3rd person Killing to First Person effects her, I have a hard time taking it as much more than different-style Kakkarot VS not-as-cool Vegita , lol. Oh, and with a REALLY cool bike.

Akira as a whole could have been made into a Vignette in Robot Carnival, and I think I'd get the same impact from it. I might have even enjoyed Megazone 23 more...

k9999-windcape.gif
k9999-crazyarm.gif

Amikami

Banned
Literally all I remember last night is those two scenes at the beginning of Akira that freaked me out. I did not need that lol

With the many disturbing and awesome scenes in that movie, that's all you remember? Lol did you start blocking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom