• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well don't leave us hanging

Well the basic idea is
that Aizen has swapped places with the new Captain Commander and is massively trolling everyone
. What makes this theory different is that it makes a certain amount of sense. I'll see if I can't find the actual post for you guys.

It's pretty ridiculous like some of the Smash theories online but I would love it to be true just for lulz, we're more likely to see Schrodinger's dick before we see
Epic Last 200 chapters were Aizen illusion

No it wasn't quite THAT insane, I'd be so happy if that were going to be the case though.

Well the basic idea is . What makes this theory different is that it makes a certain amount of sense. I'll see if I can't find the actual post for you guys.

No it wasn't quite THAT insane, I'd be so happy if that were going to be the case though.

Huh, I must have missed that theory, or like misread the post about it

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
well obviously it can't be true then

:lol

Seriously though I want to believe.

Huh, I must have missed that theory, or like misread the post about it

What you said is what I desperately want to happen. Here's the original post, the theory has been left out but follow it back to the manga thread to read it.

B-Dubs this is for you

Oh. Wow. You might get your epic troll you wanted after all

Hughes

Dr.-Who.gif

Well the basic idea is
that Aizen has swapped places with the new Captain Commander and is massively trolling everyone
. What makes this theory different is that it makes a certain amount of sense. I'll see if I can't find the actual post for you guys.
Sounds like something Kubo would do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Because it's basically time for the weekday version of this thread I present to you my totally non scientific gut feeling pre final act Inuyasha power rankings. Going to limit it to where they've currently shown in this run as well to keep the list down.

1. Naraku. Pros: Unkillable. Barriers. Insects. Cons: His damn heart.

2. Kikiyo: Pros: Kagome with archery lessons and even more bullshit mystic priestess powers, can basically restore any non fatal damage, is already dead anyways. Cons: Doesn't give a shit 90% of the time.

3. Inuyasha: Pros: Show is named after him, Uber powerful sword, gets to fight pretty much everyone and rarely loses. Cons: Kagome can completely shut him down, useless during a certain phase of the moon, also loses to Kikiyo in a straight up fight because he can't bring himself to harm her.

4. Lord Sesshy: Pros: Boss as fuck, strong as hell, has awesome followers. Cons: Wanders around looking for trouble, is arrogant beyond belief, his signature weapon is awful for fighting most of the time.

5. Miroku: Pros: Windtunnel. Is fast as hell, can take a hit, is smarter than basically everyone besides Naraku. Cons: Lechery gets in the way, Windtunnel is cursed, the writer/Naraku knows he is too powerful so she always throws roadblocks in the way of his success (either damaged wind tunnel or copious amounts of poisonous insects/waay too much Miasma.

6. Kagome: Pros: Female lead, One shot ko, is hard to control spiritually, can beat Inuyasha and possibly Naraku on her own. Cons: Weak as hell, bad aim.

7. Koga. Pros: Is fast, has a surprisingly decent winning record. Cons: Is Koga.

8. Bankotsu: Pros: Is Gundam Jesus, how cool is that? Cons: Loses a lot, leads a band of jobbers.

9. Fire breathing clearly scheming to get more power with Vegeta's ocean dub voice: Pros: Has a ton of tricks, has the will to win. Cons: Is starscream, still loses a ton.

10. Ginkotsu: Pros: GESH, is a robot zombie tank in feudal Japan, basically kills the entire main cast at one point. Cons: Loses to Koga.

11. Kanna: Pros: Basically the evil equivalent of Kagome. Cons: Loses to Kagome in a straight fight.

12. Jakotsu: Pros: Cool weapon, also has the will to win. Cons: Too obsessed with Inuyasha to see how much cooler Sesshy is.

13. Kilala: Pros: Can fly, is adorable. Cons: None.

14. Sango: Pros: Hangs out with Kilala, looks like Kagome, has a really hot not ninja outfit. Cons: Doesn't do much, loses when she does.

15. Kagura: Pros: Fans are awesome, can fly, does own the crap out of people when she first shows up. Cons: Is the biggest jobber besides...

16. The rest of the Band of Seven Jobbers: Pros: Doctor wolverine. Cons: Even he is a jobber.

17. Kohaku: Pros: Bros with Rin, cool weapon. Cons: Said cool weapon is basically only useful when he murdered his friends and family that one time, glorified errand boy, is not a ninja.

also, should Bankotsu being Ed from Ed Edd n Eddy be a pro or a con?

MikeMyers

Sesshomaru is actually 3-2 against Inuyasha, so he probably should be higher. You forgot Sesshomaru can go Dog Form, and Inuyasha full demon form

:lol

Seriously though I want to believe.

What you said is what I desperately want to happen. Here's the original post, the theory has been left out but follow it back to the manga thread to read it.

Not sure if mistakes cause hack or brilliant foreshadowing

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sesshomaru is actually 3-2 against Inuyasha, so he probably should be higher. You forgot Sesshomaru can go Dog Form, and Inuyasha full demon form

Don't both of them have losing records when they transform?

Sesshy is clearly behind Inuyasha though in the rankings. Like Kikiyo Sesshy would be higher ranked if he gave a fuck, but he doesn't. It's the closest divide though in the power rankings.

Feel free to make a case though; this is a cheerocracy not a cheertatorship.

Well, with Kubo one leads into the next. :lol

I just really want my uber-troll

The problem with this theory is the same as always, that
Ichigo is immune to Aizen's power due to never willingly seeing his Shikai's release, so Ichigo could see though these deceptions, though I guess he's mostly been away the whole time and will arive last

MikeMyers

Don't both of them have losing records when they transform?

Sesshy is clearly behind Inuyasha though in the rankings. Like Kikiyo Sesshy would be higher ranked if he gave a fuck, but he doesn't. It's the closest divide though in the power rankings.

Feel free to make a case though; this is a cheerocracy not a cheertatorship.

Yeah the dog form is like Oozaru, just ends up losing.

Match 1: InuYasha wins as Kagome pulls out the Tetsusaiga and gives it to him.
Match 2: Sesshomaru manages to knock InuYasha unconscious but doesn't kill him as the Tetsusaiga begins attacking on its own.
Match 3: InuYasha wins with his new "Wind Scar" technique.
Match 4: Sesshomaru yields a new sword that beats Tetsusaiga with ease.
Match 5: Seshomaru beats Demon InuYasha

I guess its kind of like how Vegeta is behind Goku, even though Vegeta is 2-0 against him (and his son is 1-0 against Goku's son).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Also while Kohaku should be rated I'd probably put the Four Faces of FEAR (Jaken, Rin, Ah-Uhn) and Kaede ahead of him.

Not sure if thick cause Hughes or not, but him saying Winry and the Elrich are like brother and sister is awkward all things considered. Especially in 03 when Ed and Winry are teased way more from the start

Also while Kohaku should be rated I'd probably put the Four Faces of FEAR (Jaken, Rin, Ah-Uhn) and Kaede ahead of him.

also, you need to move everyone down a number to make way for the real hero of the story:

1. Sota. Pros: Has a girlfriend. Cons: Makes everyone else look like an embarrassment because he's the only one who has a girlfriend.

MikeMyers

also, you need to move everyone down a number to make way for the real hero of the story:

1. Sota. Pros: Has a girlfriend. Cons: Makes everyone else look like an embarrassment.

Sota trolls Inuyashas game in Final Act, don't want to spoil too much though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He might just be fucking with them.

Also 2003 Hughes is so much better than Brotherhood Hughes, the biggest victim of the accelerated pace of the early stuff.

Way better death sequence.

He might just be fucking with them.

Also 2003 Hughes is so much better than Brotherhood Hughes, the biggest victim of the accelerated pace of the early stuff.

Way better death sequence.

Will let you know my brothers thoughts when he finally gets there, he wanted to watch the other day but passed out from being so busy.

Edit: Oh god Al is so out of character during this "I'M NOT REAL" shenanigans, easily the worst part of the story and 03 is going to stretch it ugh

seriously, think about it. Sota's got this wrapped up.

1. Naraku exists because Onigumo wanted a girlfriend. still does not have a girlfriend.
2. InuYasha wants two girls to be his girlfriend. neither is his girlfriend.
3. Sesshomaru is not with Kagura because evil and is not with Rin because ew. has no girlfriend.
4. Miroku couldn't get a girlfriend if his life depended on it.
5. Kagome wants InuYasha to be her boyfriend. does not have a boyfriend.
6. Koga wants Kagome to be his girlfriend. Kagome is not his girlfriend, and the only girl who's attracted to him is like 12.
7. Bankotsu wants InuYasha to be his boyfriend. has no boyfriend.
8. Sango wants Miroku to be her boyfriend but doesn't want Miroku to be her boyfriend. has no boyfriend.
9. Kohaku is friendzoned by Rin. has no girlfriend.
10. Kikyo doesn't want anybody because dead person. has no boyfriend.

MikeMyers

1. Naraku exists because Onigumo wanted a girlfriend. still does not have a girlfriend.
3. Sesshomaru is not with Kagura because evil and is not with Rin because ew. has no girlfriend.
6. Koga wants Kagome to be his girlfriend. Kagome is not his girlfriend, and the only girl who's attracted to him is like 12.
8. Sango wants Miroku to be her boyfriend but doesn't want Miroku to be her boyfriend. has no boyfriend.

Naraku actually
uses the Shikon Jewel to wish that Kikyo becomes his girlfriend, and it still fails

Man God

Non-Canon Member
By the girlfriend power rankings then you have.

Sota

Koga (has a girlfriend only he forgets she exists)

Inuyasha (had a girlfriend)

Miroku (basically has a girlfriend)

Sesshy (has Jaken and little girl friend)

......Naraku (has girls, no friends)

ADz8xPR.gif

So Kirito is the coolest character ever. Dude has girls wanting to be his gf out the wazoo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love how the demon who possesses THE WHOLE FREAKING SHIKON JEWEL in the beginning is the biggest jobber of them all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What about the one guy who burned Onigumoand threw him off the cliff? Only guy in OG series to beat Naraku.

True alpha dog there though Onigumo was a wimp. It's kinda like pantsing Lord Voldemort at his orphanage before his magical talent awakened.

AL YOU ARE SO DUMB

Please tell me someone in the 03 version is gonna bitch him out here after this action scene, because I will be furious if they just forgive him for being an idiot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AL YOU ARE SO DUMB

Please tell me someone in the 03 version is gonna bitch him out here after this action scene, because I will be furious if they just forgive him for being an idiot

ED

Feels that it is all his fault so can't give Al shit over it.

Winry

Lays on an epic guilt trip that eventually sticks.

Remember Al spends the entirety of the show at an age where most people don't think rationally at all and does have a huge nagging issue hanging over him, and is a semi naive character to boot.

The payoff in the end though is amazing and something that Brotherhood (ironically enough given its title doesn't do as well as the original though) is that the Elric brothers really fucking care for each other. In Brotherhood the scope of everything and the amount of time they spend apart really diminishes this while they are a close unit for most of the original anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom