• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2013 [Up3: Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, 3DS, Wii U]

methodman

Banned
Software was down by 24% year over year.

Ouch that hurts. This year we have COD, Battlefield, AssCreed, Madden, GTA V, NBA 2K14, Skylanders, etc. . . . people buying software for the new consoles . . . and we could not beat last year?

Was there something huge last year?
Everything minus gta and a number behind each game

jxIAVxglfgRBQ.PNG

SMOKEYDAVE POST IF YOU'RE OK

Alan Moore is a gamer?

Cygnus X-1

Just one side note, it's impressive how beyond all the criticism, so many people care that much about Nintendo. Somehow everyone sympathize with their craziness - even now and after everything.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Ouch that hurts. This year we have COD, Battlefield, AssCreed, Madden, GTA V, NBA 2K14, Skylanders, etc. . . . people buying software for the new consoles . . . and we could not beat last year?

Do NPDs have any digital downloads?

Confirmed that MS is losing in ALL territories now, with only the US being kind of close? Wow... spin that MS

To be fair, XB1 was out for only 8 days in November compared to Sony's 15 days (Sony sold over a million units before Xbone even launched). December numbers are going to be much more interesting considering both consoles being out the entire month making it a much more even and fair comparison.

Alex

Quite a stagnant list of software, although even though I quite like the game it isn't like Mario would stick out against this type of stagnation, honestly. It's just a shame it's one of the better titles of the bunch quality wise yet the only one seemingly paying the price for it.

Although, I guess that's more to do with the Wii U than anything. Makes me wonder how it may have done if it'd just have hit 3DS and been titled 3D Land 2.

UNCMark

Banned
900k in a week? Nice job. Excellent 3DS numbers as well. Best of all is the overall software sales across the board. Good to see the business is healthy. lolvita.

see5harp

You bought a new shiny kick ass next gen system for $399. Why the hell would people shell out another $250 for handheld that they have zero interest in with last gen graphics? People who expect the PS4 to boost Vita sales are setting themselves up for a huge disappointment. Hell, I even think the PS4 will do the exact opposite. Vita sales will now decline even more because of all the PS4 hype.

I didn't think that at all. I thought maybe like a few thousand increase at least. It's pretty obvious that no one in north america, or anywhere really, wants a vita.

Massive wake up call for MS now. The X1 has done ok considering, but they've still got problems.

What are you talking about? It nearly sold 1mil in 9 days despite being $100 more expensive than its competitor. How does that require a "wake up call" by any stretch of the imagination?

Levyne

Banned
That top ten is yawn inducing. I mean, even with Mario and or Zelda it would be the same old for the most part. Wished we'd see surprises more often.

-MD-

Oh god that top 10 list.

Literally 1 game on there that I even have a little bit of interest in (GTAV). The rest is sports and casual fluff.

JaggedSac

Are digital sales counted?

Vizzeh

Banned
Doesn't software being down make a little sense when you realize the huge amount of money that was spend on hardware?

Yeah not to mention the 1000's not buying software yet as they are still in a queue to get their Next Gen console. Their likely not spending on Last Gen software.

legend166

Great launch months for both PS4 and Xbox One.

I'm much more interested in the numbers for the first half of 2014 though. Both consoles needs to be doing above 300k per month otherwise we're looking at huge contraction for the industry in this generation.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nice to see 3DS increasing YTD. No surprises from next Gen hardware. No first party in top 10 software is shocking

Eh, not really. If what we hear is correct, the XB1 is selling more units daily than the PS4. The PS4 outsold the XB1 only because it launched a week earlier. With all the reports of PS4 shortages in the US and MS restocking suppliers, I think its very safe to assume that MS is going to beat out Sony in December.

See ya next month.

good luck with that

To be fair, XB1 was out for only 8 days in November compared to Sony's 15 days (Sony sold over a million units before Xbone even launched). December numbers are going to be much more interesting considering both consoles being out the entire month making it a much more even and fair comparison.

Ignoring the fact that PS4 is still very supply constrained, sure.

Talamius

Is the 2DS number included in the 3DS number? If so that's the big story. Everything else seems to have fallen in as expected,

Iwata has to be on his way out the door now.

No Zelda in the top 10? This is why we can't have nice things, people. We finally get a 2D, top-down, fast paced, non-linear, content-rich Zelda without hand-holding and endless tutorials. And people don't buy it. <shrugs> <shudders at the thought of cinematic, QTE Zelda>

ghibli99

Yep, came out on the same day as the Xbox One...and Super Mario 3D World...and Zelda...
I don't even have a Vita yet, and I was promoting Tearaway to my friends. I knew it'd get buried by XB1 and Mario/Zelda, sadly. It's like they wanted it to fail.

Top Bottom