• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yep, it's Koga's show now :/

Show will be renamed Koga.

LtNDbKz.png

Better than ShippoYasha

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Other people follow Toonami and make miiverse sketches?

The point of the Sketch dumps was to get anyone who wanted to draw along with Toonami to do it... unfortunately, most of the time, it's mostly me, and other people are sleep / in different time zones / busy / not able to make the whole block.

But when it works out like I wanted it to, it always makes me happy! :) I love seeing others drawn reactions too!

YAY, Joel Banderas! lol. *Cheer* Glad you guys like this overly-bulky Dump! Means much to me and the special guest ;)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Summer Wars
FLCL
GitS:SAC
Inuyasha 1
FMA:B
Inuyasha 2
IGPX
Clone Wars

Summer Wars was amazing. Nothing stunk tonight, though IGPX and Clone Wars weren't that good either.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Holy crap, SAB. You really kicked it up a notch with this week's drawings. The art and the jokes are freaking on point. Some of the best work you've ever done. I don't think there's a single one I didn't love. Yes, even the Jar Jar one.

*Many Bows* I can never predict these things when they start... They ALWAYS take on a life of their own, and turn out different than I'd expect. Great shows really help; I really love Summer Wars, even more after watching it again, in a way.

It actually felt really good to see something more "General Anime" on Toonami, rather than just straight-shonen-ish stuff. I'll always be a fan of character-driven works, and I guess that shows with the "picsplosion", lol.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
We have gotten spoiled on the movies and sadly next week the movie in questions is going to be sub-par, no idea why they when with CoS.

While I'm sad I missed most of InuYasha I already feel really groggy from what little sleep I got. Need to make sure to double check my availability so this doesn't happen again.

Sab your work is incredible, love all the summer wars pics

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next week on Toonami:
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 9 - CHAT! CHAT! CHAT!
Ooooh noooo, is that....*checks Wiki*

.......ooooooooohh nooooooooooooooo. Part of me wants to stay up and join the discussion to see everyone's reactions, but I honestly don't know if I can keep myself awake. Whenever I think of why I never got into GitS as a teenager, this is always the episode that springs to mind.

Edit: Oh god, I found this image relating to Valvrave:

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone

So yeah, Summer Wars was really good. Great characters, beautiful animation, fun story, just an overall great experience. I hope we get more Hosoda movies in the future like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children, and One Piece Movie 6 (once that one is licensed of course).

Next week though... hoo boy.
By the way, how many chapters of the manga does the 2003 FMA anime cover?

If I had any disappointment with Summer Wars it's that the mc failed to kiss the girl in the end, and the whole family fighting the villain was kind of a lie. It was really the female lead playing a card game while everyone else watched on their cells

789shadow

Banned
If I had any disappointment with Summer Wars it's that the mc failed to kiss the girl in the end, and the whole family fighting the villain was kind of a lie. It was really the female lead playing a card game while everyone else watched on their cells
Well that's just misleading advertising.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I forgot, this is the episode of GitS with that.....droid president thing. Just the music, that voice, the fan, it just makes it much sillier.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ooooh noooo, is that....*checks Wiki*

.......ooooooooohh nooooooooooooooo. Part of me wants to stay up and join the discussion to see everyone's reactions, but I honestly don't know if I can keep myself awake. Whenever I think of why I never got into GitS as a teenager, this is always the episode that springs to mind.

You'd think it'd also be one of those eps that made me think the show as SO SLOW early on, but I think I was fascinated by the fact they actually dedicated an episode to an AOL Chatroom of the future, haha. I really enjoyed playing Image Sleuth along with the episode, trying to pick out oddities between the characters.

I kinda wish the episode was as full of as many crafty sight gags as the best of FLCL, though. Maybe not as goofy, but getting away with a few reference characters to other Shirow works, and playing with a few net jokes (popups? Obnoxious Branding?) would have made it even more interesting.

Hahaha yes. Best one by kingANTMAN.

It's so great watching the people who stick around post in the thread... Outside of their own Miiverse post, I've really gotten to watch them grow in style, and I find myself having to say "WOAH, that's ____'s art?!! AWESOME!"

Amikami

Banned
zlCfzRPwWLUuQA2XoL

zlCfzRPxQAwFHIQXLa
zlCfzRPxhWQFkUtXVm

zlCfzRPxrPwn6WnJVb
zlCfzRPx2vYmoLEuUn

zlCfzRPyGNcQWNWRpN
zlCfzRPyVp8_FT-foq

zlCfzRPylzUuiE3Pou
zlCfzRPy_i88_cnUNq

zlCfzRPzU38vyRByKS
zlCfzRPzfngQABJyyl

zlCfzRPz6jIa9Ur7ji
zlCfzRP0SjoFE-oZ74

zlCfzRP1I8IVflqevt
zlCfzRP1n6EGCE7HGI

zlCfzRP2J-YOjuR2mU

zlCfzRP2j9kV1tTYZk
zlCfzRP3C4M7qx24zt

BONUS: Not by me, but awesome contributions!:

zlCfzRPxqE8j4eqLQs
zlCfzRPyfWsWY0SE1A

zlCfzRPzq7UyhUQODI
zlCfzRPzrDYO2ZhAZ7

LATER.

Sorry but I just had to quote the entire thing. You bought all your game. I always like them all but I can usually pick some favorites, Not this time around. Nice job. Like the bonuses so nice job to them as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Internet cut out during Inuyasha but the tv stayed on!

1. Summer Wars
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist
  3. Inuyasha 1
  4. FLCL
  5. Inuyasha 2
  6. Ghost in the Shell
  7. Star Wars
  8. IGPX

Also the movie nights overall:

1. Akira
  2. Summer Wars
  3. Eva 2.22
  4. Eva 1.11

Seda

Internet cut out during Inuyasha but the tv stayed on!

1. Summer Wars
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist
  3. Inuyasha 1
  4. FLCL
  5. Inuyasha 2
  6. Ghost in the Shell
  7. Star Wars
  8. IGPX

Also the movie nights overall:

1. Akira
  2. Summer Wars
  3. Eva 2.22
  4. Eva 1.11

Agree with these rankings.

Toonami's 2 for 2: the Summer Wars DVD is temporarily out of stock on Amazon.

Buy the Blu-Ray set anyway, it's cheaper and has both.

I'll watch the last few episodes of InuYasha either tonight or tomorrow night but grand jedi's rankings are mine minus the inuyasha episodes

mhs004

I wish I could have seen the card game at the end vs love machine. Instead I was outside for about thirty minutes in the cold.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I really love king kazuma's design, just really awesome looking, love machine looked pretty badass aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom