• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tokku Hakkenshi [code:t-8] 3
tumblr_my2z8kJOjv1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Well I like how Mangabox continues to always update on the phone and send the reminder messages on the top bar that its been updated..Anyway why are the chapters so short, this is a really good story but always ends when its gets extremely good. Cant wait to see this Shino with the bat.

I'm kind of tired if bleach fights just being curbstomps and Worf effects. Annoying as hell. I want something back and forth with some goddamn tension.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku 01

jOKo1fYl.png

Your lead characters gets confessed to by the girl of his dreams. And by another version of her. And by yet another version of her. And probably another version of her as well.

So basically a harem series where all the girls look the same. The premise is pretty amusing and it feels rather silly so why the hell not.

Soul Catcher(s) 8

This is definitely one of the more intriguing and unique manga in the magazine and truly deserves more praise and popularity than its getting. The whole ride through this concert, and the way even sometimes its drawn, like the txt boxes positioning and their angle, and then their sizes to convey whose leading and what not for the part with the three horns, and then the visuals of the hearts and etc like the baby and lion, make it special and fun. Kamine though as a conductor is impressive and the way hes able to read what is going on and just make all the changes inspiring and shocking those around him, even the head of the hospital. This was a great three or so chapter arc.

TWGOK

I've pretty much decided that this shit makes absolutely no sense. Honestly I can't even remember why Keima went into the past in the first place. Was there a time-traveling demon that screwed things up? And now Dokurou has two forms because, y'know, why not.

I'm just waiting for the twist that Chihiro is actually some mega powerful magical being or whatever because there is no way that's not going to happen, especially since she hasn't been in the manga for over a year now.

I'm kind of tired if bleach fights just being curbstomps and Worf effects. Annoying as hell. I want something back and forth with some goddamn tension.

That's the problem when you introduce like 30 villains and have 30 some odd heroes willing to fight, either you give everyone a back and forth fight and it drags the pacing down (fake town arc) or you have lots of one shot jobber type battles to whittle down the numbers.

wonzo

Banned
Chou Nettaiya Orgy 1-3

chounettaiyaorgy3.png

Two prostitutes shoot the shit with each other over the most mundane of things. It's by the author of Houkago Play and its more in line with the first part of that rather than 2, 3 and R in that it's actually entertaining.

Hen Zemi 5

"well you see, ntr is a lot like an orange."

elDLIVE 01-02

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe cause it's all in color but man, this manga is too messy to try and get through.

I am no fan of the main character either, this talking sidekick is making things more confusing and the plot is kinda boring cause it's not doing anything new.

Eyeshield 21 ~304

Ehh never really felt this match, for all the hype the Christmas Bowl felt really rushed and turned into unbelievable god like play after god like play. It was still enjoyable but a step back from the dino game which itself was a step back from the knights game.

Also this game had a lot of odd moments, why bother introducing a female qb and doing almost nothing with her. Why hype up hercules when Kiruta just stomped him the whole game. Why would a team with so many aces have a rb play offense and defense? I get for the smaller teams but with 211 players on the roster they should have had a full defense and offense.

Boku Girl 01

A girly looking boy is now in a love triangle with the girl he likes and his very manly childhood friend. Then one day, he wakes up and discovers he's been changed into a girl.

Well this is kinda amusing. Well probably be more funny but I am looking forward to that love triangle developing with childhood friend falling in love with him/her cause why not.

Shouta

That's the problem when you introduce like 30 villains and have 30 some odd heroes willing to fight, either you give everyone a back and forth fight and it drags the pacing down (fake town arc) or you have lots of one shot jobber type battles to whittle down the numbers.

Or you can be like Suzuki Nakaba and do awesome short battles for everyone. Kongou Bancho has like a billion villains and a handful of heroes and he still makes the fights awesome.

Dresden

new waves - 140

What a random place to end the chapter. I know it's supposed to be two masters going at it, but I just want to see Shioon meet his teacher again. The translation for this is as bad as always.

also sera

HMGEmgU.png

Lain

new waves - 140

What a random place to end the chapter. I know it's supposed to be two masters going at it, but I just want to see Shioon meet his teacher again. The translation for this is as bad as always.

also sera

HMGEmgU.png

I've been re-reading New Waves from the start (since it started being published here) and now I'm disliking Sera all over again.

Soul Catcher(s) 8

This is definitely one of the more intriguing and unique manga in the magazine and truly deserves more praise and popularity than its getting. The whole ride through this concert, and the way even sometimes its drawn, like the txt boxes positioning and their angle, and then their sizes to convey whose leading and what not for the part with the three horns, and then the visuals of the hearts and etc like the baby and lion, make it special and fun. Kamine though as a conductor is impressive and the way hes able to read what is going on and just make all the changes inspiring and shocking those around him, even the head of the hospital. This was a great three or so chapter arc.
The most unique concept n Jump in the past eleven years does not get enough love. This manga is so schway. Hopedully it can hold down at least the middle of Jump for the time being.
elDLIVE 01-02

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe cause it's all in color but man, this manga is too messy to try and get through.

I am no fan of the main character either, this talking sidekick is making things more confusing and the plot is kinda boring cause it's not doing anything new.
elDLIVE is so rad. Amano is thriving in all color. Her designs are imaginative and unique as ever. There is a lot to build on and so many interesting directions Amano can go. I'm eager to see what kind of overarching plot she has planned but I'm satisfied with minsters of the week for now.

Aizawa-san Zoushoku 01

jOKo1fYl.png

Your lead characters gets confessed to by the girl of his dreams. And by another version of her. And by yet another version of her. And probably another version of her as well.

So basically a harem series where all the girls look the same. The premise is pretty amusing and it feels rather silly so why the hell not.

It's by the same author as Fujimura-kun mates, which was often pretty amusing but had a really dumb ending, and it looks like this is off to a similar start...

Aizo

Banned
NYC one.

I'm very fast with my cell phone.
That's the only one I've been to in the US. Been there a couple times. Nice place. Go get some food upstairs.
In before AlabastreAizo calls to snitch on you.
I'm not wasting an international call on that. And please, call me Alabastre... or Aizo. You may not have pretended to be my friend by reading Kimi no Iru Machi in order to suffer with me, and then stabbed me in the back, leaving me to die, like someone else in here... Cough
krev
cough. But I thought we were closer than that, Dakku.
There is no greater prison than the prison a mancorgi builds for himself.
In that sense we are all prisoners already
#deep
I can't listen to you until you have a butt again.

The backstory should have been established way before though. I mean now both teams are having members that are super awesome that have not been featured before, like Hawk eye or this center/shooter for Akashi´s team. When the final match starts all the players should have been known already.

Sorry for being so late on replying to this. I agree that it would have served the story better if the backstory at least started a bit before the match. It would've helped define the actual stakes in the match rather than just. "Rakuzan's really strong! We need to beat them!" I like seeing how members other than Kuroko have their own personal reasons for wanting to defeat Rakuzan, but by having this all being revealed during the match itself makes it feel a bit tacked on.

Kuroko as a series tends to focus quite a bit on the Generation of Miracles, sometimes to the detriment of the side characters. I feel like in this regard Slam Dunk did a better job developing all of the characters more evenly. Most fans of Kuroko wouldn't be able to name non-GoM members unless they specifically cared about a certain team. I feel like a lot of great characters end up getting forgotten due to this focus. We'll get all these reasons as to why they are a big deal during the match itself, but then as soon as the team is defeated the characters end up just becoming members of Seirin's peanut gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom