• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Winter Badge
yaycloud.001.gif

Ezra2680

Speaking of which, wasn't Kingdoms of Amalur on sale during last winter sale or on another site, or am I just having a bad dream from sock blood loss?

I know its been on sale on Orgin and Amazon for an Origin Key, but don't remember the last time is went on sale on Steam. I pre-ordered it and enjoyed it very much, but really wish there would be a sale so I could get the DLC for cheap.

I think I'm pretty much never going to get Skyrim lol. It never seems to get cheap enough for me.

They had the complete edition on GAME for dirt-cheap just last week.

It's one of the games I don't regret spending a massive amount of dough on. €60 when it came out on the 360, €35 on the 360 DLC, and €40 on the PC Legendary Edition.

tjohn86

Some spares!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Puzzler World -- MB-77435A405F4977A7 - Taken by Knurek. 7 entrants total.
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-DE9908C76BA6D41B - Taken by electroflame
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-6C0E2682899F2D1E - Taken by redfirm. 1 entrants total.

t1387822203z1.png

backdrifter

Neo Member
GAF was right once again, Rogue Legacy is awesome! Played the demo a couple of months ago and that didn't really grab me, but i'm glad I bought it anyway 'cause it sure does now. Really addicting. :)
Loving the randomness. Just found some unexpected rooms,
one with a jukebox and another with a carnival stand,
great stuff.
Starting to find some usefull runes as well. It's making the family trips a bit easier. And that's good, because this game is hard! :)

22 hours in and I've still nowhere near finished. Loved every second of it too!

I have a bone to pick with how some of these sales are presented: "Tomb Raider" isn't 80% off because there's no way it retails for $59.99 anymore. 80% off looks good, but the game doesn't retail for $60 anywhere. I mean, shit, you can get a Steam key of Tomb Raider right now from Amazon for $7.99. Other platforms it's $20.

Can someone tell me what the fuck is happening? Max Payne 3 was working fine. I've never had any problems with it. I just bought the "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC so I can play the Challenge Mode. It downloads and now when I try to start the game, I get this:

6vuT4TN.png

I can't get the game to start.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204100/discussions/0/648814842414935787/

looks like everyone who purchased the game recently got the problem, too. wait for a day or so till the server problem's solved i guess.

Listen to this person.

Shadow Warrior is fantastic.

I played about an hour last night. Did not play the original (though by age, I probably should have since I played every other ID, 3D Realms shooter in the 90s).

Found the easter egg in the waterfall, so, had no idea what was going on there.

It's kinda fun, feels way too loose and quick though. But, otherwise, the hack and slash was fine.

bonesquad

I have a bone to pick with how some of these sales are presented: "Tomb Raider" isn't 80% off because there's no way it retails for $59.99 anymore. 80% off looks good, but the game doesn't retail for $60 anywhere. I mean, shit, you can get a Steam key of Tomb Raider right now from Amazon for $7.99. Other platforms it's $20.

That's not really a Steam issue but rather how all sales work in retail.

Omega

Banned
not bad. if the prices are good enough i might get Blacklist, BL2 GOTY and Castlevania

please vote for Brothers fellow gaffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom