• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
Any kind soul willing to trade an Amazon Tomb Raider key for any two of the following?

Trine 2
Brütal Legend
FEZ
LIMBO
Bastion

PM me :)

Caerith

I think I added about 60 people during our orgy yesterday (><)
Not a problem, I have 300 or so friend slots still available and I like busy activity page.
I capped out yesterday (370/370) and had to remove a few people who hadn't been on in 6+ months or who had turned their profiles private. Can't wait to craft some more badges so I can have more friends!

Backlogger

Here are the last of my duplicate game keys. I am sure I will build up more during 2014 though...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-12D3E5648A963CCD - Taken by Kastrioti. 2 entrants total.
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-6123C94D8193BFFF - Taken by NotSelf. 1 entrants total.
Forge Starter Pack -- MB-D3D4B7F7962DA369
Off-Road Drive- -- MB-223BC23E0058734B
F.E.A.R. 3 -- MB-18B72B9D98230D72 - Taken by adriano999. 5 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-059E22F0C8477169 - Taken by Miker. 7 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad with DLC -- MB-D34A19C5CF7EB4A2 - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-9FBDD2805C3AB1C3 - Taken by Volotaire. 4 entrants total.

t1387904512z1.png

I apologize in advance if Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet doesn't work. I heard (but don't know for sure) that if you try to redeem a key for a game that you already own that Steam eats the key. I hope that's not true...

hlhbk

I haven't tried it since launch but the online lagged terribly & single player cutscenes were ultra quiet/compressed.

Single player gameplay was fine though.

There is a fix for the cutscenes in MK9 for PC. The community ripped the cutscenes that weren't compressed from the PS3 version and you can put them in the PC version.

Arthea

I capped out yesterday (370/370) and had to remove a few people who hadn't been on in 6+ months or who had turned their profiles private. Can't wait to craft some more badges so I can have more friends!

370! holy smoke, I have long way to go it seems (><)

What's the cheap DLC you can buy on Amazon for Editor's Choice promo credit?

Right now there's .20 cent Darksiders II DLC, and .40 cent DLC for some no-name games. You're essentially making $4-plus dollars with every transaction, because they all count towards the credits. They have to be purchased individually, though.

Turfster

I played Tomb Raider for an hour and I really hope that isn't indicative of the rest of the game. Silly quick-time events (I had to try one of them 3 times, which kills momentum), flimsy writing, and a story that doesn't fit with what's presented on screen (for instance having an XP meter pop up after an emotional plot moment).

The stupid QTEs die down quickly.
The writing stays about median for an action game plot
(most game plots are dumb and badly written, after all).

I've been fairly restrained this sale:

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Amazon - $2.00)
Aliens: Colonial Marines Double-Barreled Shotgun DLC (Steam - $0.51)
Aliens: Colonial Marines Sharp Sticks DLC (Steam - $0.51)
You crazy wabbit!
(Seriously, you'll be kicking yourself later)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I remember a few people (Or one really determined person) who said they wanted Morrowind for $5 yesterday. GMG has the GOTY version for $4 with code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I added about 60 people during our orgy yesterday (><)
Not a problem, I have 300 or so friend slots still available and I like busy activity page.

yea it just takes a lot of time to try and figure out who's who and to give them silly personalized nicknames

it was easier when I didn't have 80 people at my door

Lain

I could say that I've finished The Bridge, though it would only be half true, considering that now I have the specular levels to do.

For the price and the length to complete the normal part, it's been a great purchase. The game was easier than I imagined, though some rooms required some tries to pass them, with experimentation with manipulating gravity ever so slightly sometimes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this the first Winter sale without any price mistakes? Besides the Bioshock Infinite DLC?

Apparently Borderlands 2 GotY being $14.99 for about 10 hours yesterday was a price mistake

Arthea

yea it just takes a lot of time to try and figure out who's who and to give them silly personalized nicknames

it was easier when I didn't have 80 people at my door

Yes, that is the problem.

Are you complaining? 80 more people to follow your Hate stories! ;)

Caerith

370! holy smoke, I have long way to go it seems (><)
Well, it wasn't my first orgy :p Also that Steam friends thread that nobody uses anymore helped.

game is damn addicting. I beat it in about 22 hours.

no real desire to ever do a new game + though
But there are two sets of blueprints you can only get in NG+, plus the NG+ achievement. It's NG+3 you want to watch out for, since by then all the normal enemies have been replaced by their top-tier equivalents.

Panda Rin

would anyone recommend lego marvel? I used to really enjoy the lego games back when it was just star wars, but got burned out pretty quickly when batman came out.

Miker

Right now there's .20 cent Darksiders II DLC, and .40 cent DLC for some no-name games. You're essentially making $4-plus dollars with every transaction, because they all count towards the credits. They have to be purchased individually, though.

Would you mind linking me to the Darksiders II DLC? All I can find are the $1 ones.

Is it just me or is fear 3 total shit?

Runs like shit, lock behind cover shooter, 2 guns, ai is totally dumb as fuck and talks too much, etc
Warner Brothers wanted to cash in on the franchise name when they decided to put Monolith on Gotham City Imposters (a decent game in itself) and some dumb Lord of the Rings game instead, so yes.

So I just got the :trainbowbarf: rare holiday sale emoticon from crafting a snow globe. Uh.... hmmm....

360fx360f

Merry Christmas ???
Oh hey, an indirect Critter Crunch reference!

LoS is great and a better god of war than both of the last gen GoWs. It has a slightly deeper combat system, much better art style and framerate (yay for PCs), a better and more interesting story, it's much longer (I average about 15-17 hours every time I play it) and you can jump back to earlier chapters to complete bonus objectives and get special items you couldn't get until you got a certain item, and it has better puzzles.

What I will say is it has a pretty bad first chapter so don't get scared away by that. It has a few moments in there, like an on rails QTE segment, that never appears again after that point.
One problem I had with Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is that 7 hours in it's still obnoxiously stubborn with its incessant handholding, and even goes so far as to repeat itself from time to time. Some blatant invisible walls that shouldn't be there also got annoying quite fast when you're simply going from point A to B, since they only exist in service of the locked camera angles. I wanted to like it and I'm going to revisit it eventually, but the game made it damn hard in those 7 hours to motivate myself to continue marching onwards.

I played Tomb Raider for an hour and I really hope that isn't indicative of the rest of the game. Silly quick-time events (I had to try one of them 3 times, which kills momentum), flimsy writing, and a story that doesn't fit with what's presented on screen (for instance having an XP meter pop up after an emotional plot moment).
Too bad, it is. Welcome to Tomb Raider 2013.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm hoping to have my Christmas present to the Steam community at large ready in the next few hours
(an updated version of Enhanced Steam)

Divius

game is damn addicting. I beat it in about 22 hours.

no real desire to ever do a new game + though
I'm just having fun messing around, exploring, and discovering new traits. I beat one boss
(giant floating eye)
out of 4 I guess. I tend not to venture too far into the dungeons yet :p

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I'm having a brain fart... What's the proxy service we use again when we want to unlock stuff from fake Australia? My friend is looking for a vpn.

Arthea

You guys surely are raining on Tomb Raider's parade and I haven't played it yet. I wasn't eager to play, as I can't tolerate QTEs, but you are totally killing it. It can't be all bad.

jshackles

You guys surely are raining on Tomb Raider's parade and I haven't played it yet. I wasn't eager to play, as I can't tolerate QTEs, but you are totally killing it. It can't be all bad.

It's not bad. There are probably only 10(?) or so QTEs in the whole game. It tells a good story, has a lot of action, and the graphics were awesome. It's in my top 5 GotY list.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

It's a great game. It's one of those that became divisive way after its release. Go check out the official thread. Glowing reviews upon release, widely loved. It's a game that has become cool to hate and the detractors levy unfair criticisms at it that apply to every game ever made.

It didn't redefine gaming as we know it, and for that, some have decided to prop it up as the source for all casualization in games.

Play it. It's a fantastic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom