• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 326 - The Two Hinamoris, Hitsugaya's Resolution
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 1 - Homecoming
1:00 - One Piece - 235 - Big Fight Under the Moon! The Pirate Flag Flutters With Sorrow!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 41 - Twirl 'Round and 'Round – A New World in Which the Doc Dances?
2:00 - Sword Art Online - 19 - The Lugru Corridor
2:30 - FLCL - 3 - Marquis de Carabas
3:00 - Naruto - 1 - Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 59 - Lost Light
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 20 - Innocents of Ryloth
5:30 - Inuyasha - 119 - Divine Malice of the Saint

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRTcMzMRp9lVWc

zlCfzRTi4KEE5Lvval

zlCfzRTi6N4hwhyi-x

zlCfzRTi7tUbUgRU5H

LATER, Space Cowboys.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love the first episode of Shippuden, that episode of One Piece, great GITS (will not put people to sleep, I guarantee you) and a good episode of Inuyasha along with Space Dandy, the return of SAO, an interesting sounding episode of Bleach and of course the shows I've never seen in Soul Eater, FMA:B, IGPX and Clone Wars.

Good to be back.

See you guys next year (HAHA aren't I funny) .
No, because I already made that joke. You're too late, Doc.

LATER, Space Cowboys.

Hahah. Just noticed the SAO tattoos on Mr. Saxophone. Amazing, SAB. I'm really liking this new Art Academy Sketchpad method you're using. You can do so much more on it than with just regular Miiverse. I can't wait to see what you'll have for us in the new year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Mr. Saxophone likes SAO too? So dreamy

edit: There's something funny about a mushroom in a bikini top

I though about giving him a full chest tattoo... on a man body.. but this was better XD

Sexy Shroom! One of those things you draw and just think... "........"

Hahah. Just noticed the SAO tattoos on Mr. Saxophone. Amazing, SAB. I'm really liking this new Art Academy Sketchpad method you're using. You can do so much more on it than with just regular Miiverse. I can't wait to see what you'll have for us in the new year.

It's so weird! I can pull off fancy stuff (even color if I thought I could do it in reasonable time!), and I love it for that! Collages, Combinations, etc, and yet...

Great job as always but am I the only one who misses the classic Miiverse look?

... Yeah, there's that, too, lol. I don't think I'll ever fully settle on one or the other. So you'll definitely see both looks as time goes on...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
661418-yua_strike_man_449.png

Seriously, if the hour was "Clone Wars -> Final Act", I'd probably skip Clone Wars every once in a while and just do an awesome Final Act pic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Badlands Rumble was basically a combination of the BDN two parter (Gasback is the noble thief who doesn't mind killing people at all, similar frames and weapons) and the episode where a group of thieves take over a town sometime in the distant past and the fall out when someone tries to get revenge on them.

my problem with the Trigun episodes i've seen so far is that they don't really develop their characters or plot well enough within the time they're given. the movie really manages to fix that problem, and although the story's nothing too special it definitely does its job and Gasback is pretty awesome. the whole "VASH IS DEAD" thing doesn't really work, but the scenes that happen because of that are good enough that i don't particularly care (seriously, Vash's return with the theme music blasting is fucking awesome). i don't know if it's "better" than Summer Wars or Akira, but it's probably the one i enjoyed the most.

my problem with the Trigun episodes i've seen so far is that they don't really develop their characters or plot well enough within the time they're given. the movie really manages to fix that problem, and although the story's nothing too special it definitely does its job and Gasback is pretty awesome. the whole "VASH IS DEAD" thing doesn't really work, but the scenes that happen because of that are good enough that i don't particularly care (seriously, Vash's return with the theme music blasting is fucking awesome). i don't know if it's "better" than Summer Wars or Akira, but it's probably the one i enjoyed the most.

Trigun has that effect, I can't say its better then something like like Bebop, but I enjoy watching it more

Trigun has that effect, I can't say its better then somelike like Bebop, but I enjoy watching it more

i'd say this movie was better than the Bebop movie personally.

also: Soul Eater Not (very) brief preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qoGvNse_TCo

skip to 0:40 if you're really sensitive about out-of-context, kinda meaningless scenes that really wouldn't spoil anything but might make some people complain because Internet. it gives a pretty decent idea of what i imagine the tone is and.....

excalibur_face_of_disgust.png

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i'd say this movie was better than the Bebop movie personally.

also: Soul Eater Not (very) brief preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qoGvNse_TCo

skip to 0:40 if you're really sensitive about out-of-context, kinda meaningless scenes that really wouldn't spoil anything but might make some people complain because Internet. it gives a pretty decent idea of what i imagine the tone is and.....

excalibur_face_of_disgust.png

I have no idea what yall were expecting. Seriously.

Remember to start sending in those questions right now for tomorrow's Q&A. Someone ask if the mini-marathon yesterday means they finally got the rights to Bebop again or if they were just "renting" them like with the April Fool's lineup 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom