• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, Funimation's site is slooooow. & it's hard to find older episodes. Though I have to be Elite to watch the dub, despite subs being free.

& Hulu strangely skips from 144 to 177 for the dub. WTF. Edit: & even more strange, 229 to 625. That's a rather huge jump in episodes to skip the dub...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ugh, Funimation's site is slooooow. & it's hard to find older episodes. Though I have to be Elite to watch the dub, despite subs being free.

& Hulu strangely skips from 144 to 177 for the dub. WTF. Edit: & even more strange, 229 to 625. That's a rather huge jump in episodes to skip the dub...

229 to 625 may not even be finished dubbing yet. Funimation isn't even done with the arc we're seeing on Toonami yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's giving me the same results. I think Funimation uses Hulu for the free episodes.

& I guess to be fair, they had to deal with redubbing all of the Funimation episodes as well, & considering the series is still going, they've got a ton of episodes to work on in order to catch up.

Oh well, I'll figure something out, perhaps tomorrow or tonight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's giving me the same results. I think Funimation uses Hulu for the free episodes.

& I guess to be fair, they had to deal with redubbing all of the Funimation episodes as well, & considering the series is still going, they've got a ton of episodes to work on in order to catch up.

Oh well, I'll figure something out, perhaps tomorrow or tonight.

Well, there are places we're not supposed to talk about that you can go but I'd just suggest buying the DVDs if you can afford it. It's a great series and I've been meaning to do it myself.

LOLDSFAN

Well, there are places we're not supposed to talk about that you can go but I'd just suggest buying the DVDs if you can afford it. It's a great series and I've been meaning to do it myself.

Yeah it's such a large series, that may just be your best bet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I remember Funimation had about 10 DVDs of the series for 1/2 off, making it $120. Unfortunately, I don't really have a ton of spare money due to college & online work barely covering enough for gas & parking, plus I was never one to buy movies growing up, since I'm one of those "watch once, I'm satisfied unless it's airing on TV for free" people. Really, the only anime I own is the Trigun movie on Blu-Ray since it was about $13 & I figured some friends might have wanted to borrow it/do a group watch.

Don't tell me you're going to use "that" technique? /shonen
YES, I MUST USE THE FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE THAT MUST NEVER BE USED BECAUSE OF PLOT REASONS!!

One Piece on Hulu is weird. Everything subbed is available, but the dub has a rolling window of episodes that are not available at any given time. Encountered it a few times when catching up before the Toonami premiere.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To be fair, Funimation tries to push their dubs more considering how many subs are available for free (plus to cover costs for paying people to provide ENG voice acting & such). Heck, you can legally watch Steins;Gate for free on their YouTube channel with subs, though only 4 episodes are available dubbed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
zlCfzRTcMzMRp9lVWc

zlCfzRTi4KEE5Lvval

zlCfzRTi6N4hwhyi-x

zlCfzRTi7tUbUgRU5H

LATER, Space Cowboys.

haha freaking great man.

So after watching some of rick and mortary I'll agree it's surprisingly entertaining and I'd be down with it airing at 11am before Toonami. Certainly would be a better lead in show then family guy or boondocks.

hold the phone

Is this a diss at Boondocks?

I was saying rick and morty seems like a better lead in show then Boondocks, I also like rick and morty more then boondocks because a lot of boondocks humor doesn't work for me. Boondocks is a good show for what it is and stomps the shit out of seth mcfarlane's general crap shows and most other adult swim original comedy

Cwarrior

Space dandy per air special

Ok that was fucking awful, 10 mins of dumb by the number boob/fanservice talk(I've heard this boobvsbum speech dozen times already this year alone) and fan service shots,those 10mins lasted forever, completely unfunny and unpleasant to watch, I hope the show isn't anything like this if it is, then may god help us all.

Duckroll and Watanabe may have let us down once again.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Ok that was fucking awful, 10 mins of dumb by the number boob/fanservice talk and fan service shots,those 10mins lasted forever, completely unfunny and unpleasant to watch, I hope the show isn't anything like this if it is, then may god help us all.

Pretty much how I feel.

Ok that was fucking awful, 10 mins of dumb by the number boob/fanservice talk and fan service shots,those 10mins lasted forever, completely unfunny and unpleasant to watch, I hope the show isn't anything like this if it is, then may god help us all.

Hopefully the boobies space bar is one episodes and not a major location

So after watching some of rick and mortary I'll agree it's surprisingly entertaining and I'd be down with it airing at 11am before Toonami. Certainly would be a better lead in show then family guy or boondocks.

11am? Damn, over half a day of Toonami doesn't sound so bad for a Saturday

unfortunately i'm not sure if it'd be able to hold an audience better than Family Guy or Boondocks.

Cwarrior

Hopefully the boobies space bar is one episodes and not a major location

The entire thing lacked energy, the robot & ferret come off really dull in the japanese version i watched, that doesn't sound good for the show, I already can't imagine how these three cast members are going to carry this show for 24/26 episode when they couldn't do it for 10mins in this special.

The entire thing lack energy, the robot & ferret come off really dull in the japanese version i watched, that doesn't good for the show, I already can't imagine how these three cast members are going to carry this show for 24/26 episode when they couldn't do it for 10mins in this special.

I find your lack of faith in Watanabe disturbing.

Dandy will deliver next week, most likely.

The entire thing lack energy, the robot & ferret come off really dull in the japanese version i watched, that doesn't good for the show, I already can't imagine how these three cast members are going to carry this show for 24/26 episode when they couldn't do it for 10mins in this special.

So what you're saying is dub will be the superior version

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As long as a show isn't outright boring like most season one of IGPX or Wolf's Rain it'll do well on Toonami because of the group watch.

The thread explodes whenever SAO comes on.

As long as a show isn't outright boring like most season one of IGPX or Wolf's Rain it'll do well on Toonami because of the group watch.

The thread explodes whenever SAO comes on.

So was GXP just unfunny/boring? Because the group watch seemed to hate that more then SAO

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SAO at least has far superior animation and music.

There were some people who loved to hate GXP though it was largely before my time. Everytime I checked in though people seemed to be having fun not liking it.

I see. Well that's worrying. One more week.

Skimming though the preview and I can see what he means, obviously I don't know anything about what they're saying, but the show's first 10 minutes feel really reserved. I imagine the second half of the episode will be more slapstick action, and of course I can't tell you how good the jokes are because even if this was subbed funi's localization could make things better or worse.

Skimming though the preview and I can see what he means, obviously I don't know anything about what they're saying, but the show's first 10 minutes feel really reserved. I imagine the second half of the episode will be more slapstick action, and of course I can't tell you how good the jokes are because even if this was subbed funi's localization could make things better or worse.
Here's hoping that's all this is. I have faith in Watanabe but i've been burned before.

Here's hoping that's all this is. I have faith in Watanabe but i've been burned before.

If I had to take a guess, the space bar boobies is the location of the first episode hence why so much of the preview material has shown it and the boobs as it was probably completed awhile back. I imagine if Boobies returns in later episodes it'll be a minor place or used as a gag for where Dandy would rather be then dealing with dangerous aliens.

If I had to take a guess, the space bar boobies is the location of the first episode hence why so much of the preview material has shown it and the boobs as it was probably completed awhile back. I imagine if Boobies returns in later episodes it'll be a minor place or used as a gag for where Dandy would rather be then dealing with dangerous aliens.
That does make a lot of sense. Maybe Boobies will be like the Big Shot of Dandy in that they'll only show it a few times in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom