• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's about shonen action outselling moe garbage. Moe is a plague infecting anime

Agreed!
There's too much "moe" and "cuteness" now. I guess this is why Attack on Titan stood out so much, there is nothing cute about that series.

Btw, where are you guys on Valvrave? Apparently I forgot you were watching that so I haven't seen a single episode these past 2 weeks.

I'm getting fragments of people's posts so I totally missed the mention of tomorrow lol

So what were you having done or what? Just a regular check-up?

*insert moe titan here*

OH MY GOD IS THIS ACTUALLY A THING

kawaii-titan.jpg

Remember to start sending in those questions right now for tomorrow's Q&A. Someone ask if the mini-marathon yesterday means they finally got the rights to Bebop again or if they were just "renting" them like with the April Fool's lineup 2 years ago.

Isn't it far more likely that the rights ran out at the end of the year, so they didn't restart Bebop because it would've been an incomplete run, and decided to just hold off and do a best-of run on the final Saturday of the year?

I base this purely on the fact that those were the same AS tapes as always. If they got the rights back, you would think they would get the HD remastered copies.

Isn't it far more likely that the rights ran out at the end of the year, so they didn't restart Bebop because it would've been an incomplete run, and decided to just hold off and do a best-of run on the final Saturday of the year?

I base this purely on the fact that those were the same AS tapes as always. If they got the rights back, you would think they would get the HD remastered copies.

That makes sense. And now you've got me all excited for HD Bebop.

Btw, where are you guys on Valvrave? Apparently I forgot you were watching that so I haven't seen a single episode these past 2 weeks.

So what were you having done or what? Just a regular check-up?

This is for insurance, but I got 4 hours of sleep cause Toonami so I was already half asleep when he dilated them lol

They're starting Naruto over just when it actually gets good, and putting Shippuden in its place? What the hell.

Yep, its disappointing

OH MY GOD IS THIS ACTUALLY A THING

kawaii-titan.jpg

Lol I know

Naruto 108 impressions.

I had forgotten how unpleasant Tayuya was. Anywho, that was a weak-ass talk by Kakashi. Really? That's all you say to someone who's only ambition for years has been murder? I mean, someone who has had revenge on the mind since they were 8 won't be dissuaded by a talk that small. So really, all that follows is Kakashi's fault.

Too late, and gxp was half off so yolo

You're a bigger sucker than the Legendary Sucker™, Bass.

Naruto 109 impressions.

Ugh. Gag me with a spoon please. Kishimoto really does suck at writing female characters. How could anyone have fallen "so madly in love" with Sasuke? Was it his sparkling personality? Or maybe it's the way he cares so much others? Sakura is so badly written that it's pathetic. There's no reason for her to have become so smitten with him. And it's not even an age thing. Even 17 year old Sakura in all her supposed wisdom is still just as stupid. It's no wonder people hate her.

I'll start looking for your obituary.

I'm surviving my 3rd viewing of SAO if anything will kill me it's GnP not GXP

You're a bigger sucker than the Legendary Sucker™, Bass.

I should be able to get $15 dollars worth of enjoyment out of it lol

you paid $30 for that shit?

$15 was half off, everything I bought was minus the Bleach box set, but I got it used so the other used DVD I got (Bleach film) was a dollar

Would you buy a bottle of piss over a bottle of water (or NOTHING) just because it was half off? That's consumerism gone awry. Unless you legit like GXP in which case...........>_>

I've never seen GXP so I guess I'll get back to you on that lol

Casshern Sins is nifty, at least.

So I've heard, really excited to watch it

I'll admit I lost my shit laughing when those children committed suicide for no reason at all

tumblr_mm3d53Y8ng1rl6ypdo1_500.gif

Never heard of it.

I haven't until I joined Toonami GAF and saw you guys bitching about it lol

The only Toonami show I simply could not stand to watch. It was my 30 minute break. How could you do this to yourself?

I want to watch everything Toonami's aired since it's returned, odds of GXP returning are less then 0%

Eh. I can't spend money like that. 3/4 of my paycheck goes basically to savings.

A good chunk of this was covered by an FYE gift card, though your very smart for saving as much as you do. I honestly need to start saving more :X

R.I.P BassForever

I'm already dead lol

Naruto 110 impressions.

Hnng! Dat team. Dat Shikamaru. Dat promise of a lifetime. My favorite arc is about to start. This is gonna be so amazing. So fucking amazing. My blood is boiling already.

Gaf. I'm worried. With no support, the combination of Casshern and then GXP might just kill 'em.

Bass brought it upon himself. There's nothing we can do for him now.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eh. I save as much as I do because my living expenses are really really small. I only spend roughly 600 dollars every month on necessities.

Eh. I save as much as I do because my living expenses are really really small. I only spend roughly 600 dollars every month on necessities.

Thanks to living at home my expenses are mostly non existent minus student loans and car insurance. Until recently I was spending almost 90% of my monthly wages on loans and home rent so to have most of that go away has been really nice.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks to living at home my expenses are mostly non existent minus student loans and car insurance. Until recently I was spending almost 90% of my monthly wages on loans and home rent so to have most of that go away has been really nice.

Ah. I miss living with my parents. Not because of financial reasons though. I miss my mom's cooking and other nice homely stuff. =/

Ah. I miss living with my parents. Not because of financial reasons though. I miss my mom's cooking and other nice homely stuff. =/

I hear that, I lived on my own half way across the country for 6 years, now I live at home making more per month doing something I enjoy with way less bills. It's been a real blessing for me and I don't want to take this for granted.

January 4th is going to be so damn sweet.

Space Dandy premiere, Shippuden premiere, a great One Piece episode, one of my favorite FLCL episodes...

Yeah. The hype is real.

Naruto 111 impressions.

Ichigo-Ninja and Raido got roflstomped. Makes you wonder if Shizune and Iwashi going along with them would have helped at all. Maybe all of what follows could have been prevented. I mean, if 3 genin and a chunin could take on the Sound 4, then 3 jonin and a chunin should have more than enough. Sasuke would have been returned to the village and everything would have been fine. I'm now shifting the blame from Kakashi to Shizune and Iwashi.

Naruto 112 impressions.

Goddamn Shikamaru is such a boss. There's no one better than him. Really looking forward to Choji's fight tomorrow. It's one of my favorites of the lot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering the amount of episodes from when Cartoon Network ended One Piece during the Skypiea arc & when it started back up on Toonami, maybe I'll spend my last week or two on break watching the episodes that I missed so I can officially be "caught" up. Plus I wanna see the fight with the main villain from that arc. Though I wish I could remember the exact episode...

Considering the amount of episodes from when Cartoon Network ended One Piece during the Skypiea arc & when it started back up on Toonami, maybe I'll spend my last week or two on break watching the episodes that I missed so I can officially be "caught" up. Plus I wanna see the fight with the main villain from that arc. Though I wish I could remember the exact episode...

Just watch all of Skypiea again

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Might as well, considering I probably forgot about some details. I just hope I can work in 30-ish episodes.

Any point in watching the arc after that, or is it just 10 episodes of filler?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Without counting stuff like divergent from the manga storylines the filler after Skypeia is probably the single best filler arc of any anime ever. It's not groundbreaking or amazing or anything just really solid and definitely something that someone without prior manga knowledge could believe was part of the main storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom