• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games - 1 Year Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

guit3457

Game 1: Diablo III in Normal Difficult
I liked a lot but the final bosses are extremelly easy. Will play in higher difficult levels.

Amory

There's no way I'll get this done, but I'll try.

Game 1: Papers, Please - Saw a few of the endings in 2014...so I guess that counts. This was a really cool game. I wouldn't have thought basically just verifying a bunch of information would make for a very good time, but finding an organizational method that worked, finding ways to be more efficient, and just the simple satisfaction of clicking buttons was pretty entertaining. When the game gets more and more difficult and I was bringing less and less money home to my family, I actually felt some of that pressure as if it were real. Definitely a game I'll come back to so I can check out more of the endings. I give it an 8/10.

Game 2: The Walking Dead, Season 2, Episode 1: All that Remains - No big surprise here, it's fantastic. As I've gotten older and gotten into my career, I have less and less time to devote to games. But I'll always make time for The Walking Dead series, especially because each episode only takes a couple hours to play through, and I'm always left craving more. If you get a chance to play these as they come out, I'd recommend doing so. The fact that you have to wait for resolutions to the cliffhangers makes the whole experience more enjoyable than just firing through an entire season. As far as this specific episode, it wasn't the most exciting in the series but it's nice to get reacquainted with Clementine, who remains one of my favorite game characters of all time. 9/10.

Apparently last year I finished 48 games, soooooo... why not?

COMPLETED GAMES 1-26
Game 1: Metal Gear Solid (PS1/Vita) - 5:36 (8 hours played in 2013) - COMPLETED January 3
With a few exceptions (mainly in the amount of precision you need to execute melee combat well, stupid final boss battle), MGS1 holds up surprisingly well in the modern era. The cutscenes are long, yes, but I enjoyed the story enough and I loved all the little fourth wall-breaking moments in the game. That said, might be a little too difficult for my blood. Lots of ragequits.

Game 2: Game Dev Tycoon (PC) - 5:18 (1 hour played in 2013) - COMPLETED January 4
I've played a few other tycoon games--working my way through Fiz right now, and I've played some of Kairosoft's games--but this is the first one I've managed to complete a campaign in. It gets a little bit repetitive near the end, as you're just churning out game after game and trying to rake in enough money to fund your myriad other ventures. But I may have screwed up the progression; I didn't even get an R&D lab until late in the game, and I never made it to triple-A development. There are just enough mechanics here to keep you thinking all the time, whereas Kairosoft's Game Dev Story felt a bit undercooked in that respect to me. Anyways, it's a great little tycoon game to dive into for bite-sized pieces or long play sessions; there's a bit of a "one more dev cycle" aspect to it, that's for sure.

Game 3: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) - 8:39 (35 hours played in 2013) - COMPLETED January 5
I just finished the GT World Championships (dat Moon Over the Castle) and saw the end credits, so I'm calling this done. 58% completion with 375 stars. Gran Turismo is such an infuriating game in that I absolutely love driving cars in it--especially closer to the beginning of the game, which I know is a bit of an oddity--but I hate racing in it at times. The AI feels like a set of moving obstacles with no real intelligence. They just don't act like drivers; they'll run you off the road, bump into you from behind, swerve to keep you behind them, etc. As a GAFfer in the GT6 OT put it, some of the things the AI do to you would get them arrested, never mind disqualified. So put all that stuff together into a final 2-lap showdown on the Nurburgring GP course--which I'd actually never driven before, though obviously the Nordschleife parts were familiar--at dusk with a full 16-car grid. 20 minutes of me driving a touchy 900hp LMR car with narrow roads, blinding sunsets and AI assholes. I finished 7th with about 20 seconds distance between me and the lead after something like five or six spins, but it was barely enough to keep me in the top spot of the championship. I don't think I can do another one of these games, GAF. The bottom end is so fun but competing with the big boys just shows how bad I apparently am at these games--the skill ceiling is too high and my nerves can't take it. I'll be over in the corner with my baby games from now on.

Game 4: Zone of the Enders HD (PS3) - 5:59 - COMPLETED January 10
Similarly to Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders emphasizes the depth of its story over the depth of its gameplay. Unfortunately, Zone of the Enders suffers in both departments versus MGS1. As savant child protagonists go, Leo is one of the less sympathetic ones--he's constantly whining about pretty much everything. The game itself has a decent arc, and the boss battles are at least difficult without being too frustrating, but you have to burn a lot of lives (or read a FAQ like I did) to understand what it is you're supposed to do during each one. Once you figure out the strategy, actually executing is a lot easier. Not sure I feel great about that, as I abhor trial and error gameplay, and you gain precious little feedback on what to do (especially with Nebula, though that's partially my fault as I never think to use burst attacks). Glad I played it in the end, but also glad to be done with it.

Game 5: Bastion (PC) - 1:58 (6 hours played 2011-2013) - COMPLETED January 11
For whatever reason, it took me forever to actually finish this game. Played it once in 2011 for a Steam holiday sale achievement, then the bulk of it in September for trading cards--all horrible reasons to play a game, especially considering how good Bastion is. Great weapons, fun challenge rooms and beautiful artwork, and a decent story with some neat narration. About the only issue I have with the game is it doesn't feel like there's much of an arc--the gameplay remains roughly as difficult at the end as it was at the beginning, so you don't feel like you're getting much stronger or your enemies more fierce. Oh, and actually getting around the world of Bastion is slow as all heck--the Kid walks slow and rolls only a short distance. Still, looking forward to seeing how Transistor fares for Supergiant.

Game 6: Liberation Maiden (3DS) - 1:21 - COMPLETED January 12
A fun little lark. And I do mean little--I knew the game would be short, but each stage takes about 20 minutes to complete and there's only five of them. Which is too bad, because the premise is awesome in a very trashy, throwaway sort of way: a high school girl takes over the presidency of New Japan from her deceased father, and proceeds to destroy all manner of enemy ships, planes and installations with her crazy flying mech airfighter. Lots of fun to play and the stylus-based aiming works surprisingly well, but it'll kill your left hand if you own an original 3DS. I finally understand why people complain so much about the OG 3DS's awkward ergonomics, as the bottom left corner dug into my palm something fierce. Maybe it's a good thing it's only an hour and a half.

Game 7: Child of Eden (360) - 4:12 - COMPLETED January 15
As with most things, apparently I just needed to sleep on it. I went back today thinking I'd give the Journey archive one last shot on Normal before dropping to Feel Eden, finishing Journey, and calling this game done and deleting it from my 360 out of spite. Instead, I finally managed to beat the final boss with its crazy "spam lock-on missiles as fast as possible or else we hit you with undodgeable damage" bullshit. "Congratulations! You have unlocked the Hope archive," the game tells me after the credits. NOPE. I know other people come out the other side of a really difficult game feeling energized at having finally won; for those people I'm sure Child of Eden is great. My reaction to these things tends more towards post-traumatic stress disorder. Sorry, Child of Eden, you're just not for me.

Game 8: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC) - 9:38 - COMPLETED January 16
Normally, action games frustrate me. I never finished the original God of War--I hit an encounter with tons of Medusas and decided I didn't want to fight them anymore. I put a big dent into a coffee table thanks to Resistance 2, and The Last of Us claimed the life of one of my Dualshock 3s. But somehow, Platinum's figured out how to make an action game I can truly love, first with Bayonetta and now with Metal Gear Rising. Somehow, they've managed to remove much of the frustration while still keeping a fair amount of challenge. Oh sure, I died a lot, but for once it always felt like something I needed to do better--not smash a button faster, but think harder about what to do when. I wondered if Bayonetta was a fluke success for me, but now I wonder no more. Thanks, Platinum!

Game 9: Dead Rising 2 (PC) - 17:41 - COMPLETED January 21
Boy, what a rollercoaster ride. And by that, I mean it sucks at the very beginning, is totally awesome throughout the middle, and then sucks again at the very end. At first I hated this game--the save system was awful, the combat wasn't very fun, and the game would crash constantly. I learned a few things early on that the game doesn't really tell you: one, fighting zombies is dumb, avoid combat whenever possible; two, restarting the game is not only okay, it's encouraged as part of the design (which I think can be problematic for certain reasons but I do get the appeal). So after I thought I'd "quit" the game for good, I put in another 15 hours and really enjoyed 90% of the game. The bits I would've reworked: the final boss, which just felt mostly like bullshit unless you made a mixed drink, and the save system--either more liberal placement of save points or (gasp!) save anywhere. Oh, and the crashes, which never disappeared completely and in fact got really bad near the end. Capcom, fix your shit.

Game 10: Fiz (Android) - 11:06 (3 hours played in 2013) - COMPLETED January 26
One of the best mobile games I've ever played, and that's not intended as faint praise! It's a brewery tycoon game with a surprising amount of depth--you can discover and customize your recipes, tailor your brewing schedule to match the stores available to you, and take on all sorts of different employees with unique skills. The end game is the only time you'll ever feel like you don't have enough to do, as you wait for some of the final events to trigger while raking in tens of thousands of dollars, but until then it's hard not to fall into "one more batch of beer" territory. I didn't realize this was a Kickstarter game, but surely this has to count among the growing number of Kickstarter successes.

Game 11: Broken Age, Act 1 (PC) - 3:47 - COMPLETED January 28
I don't actually have a lot of fond memories of adventure games--I FAQed my way through substantial portions of The Longest Journey and the only Monkey Island I played back in the day was Escape From Monkey Island, which I guess was the worst one? And I barely remember Grim Fandango, though I remember liking it at the time. But man, Broken Age. It's so gorgeous and witty that even though there isn't much in the way of genuinely brain-teasing puzzles (it's a bit more "baby's first adventure game" in that way) I still loved it to bits. The ability to switch between Vella and Shay's stories at will, though I barely used it, is a fantastic idea--you can give yourself little mini-episodes for each person and switch whenever you get stuck or bored. I'm hoping for a little more challenge in Act 2, but I can't wait to see how they resolve the ending of that first act. P.S.
stools.

Game 12: The Cave (PC) - 5:04 - COMPLETED February 2
For The Cave I decided only to worry about finishing the game once, not completing all the various sections of the game (which would require three playthroughs at minimum, one per three characters). This is partially because I don't care enough to go through the game two more times; it's just not that interesting. Part of it, I think, is the late-era Ron Gilbert humour; some people will crucify me for this, but I'm just not a big fan. Deathspank wore out its welcome very quickly, and though The Cave is better in that regard, there's still a bit of smug "look at my witty repartee isn't it witty hmmmmm?" about it that grates. The actual gameplay's not bad--the adventure game roots are obvious in this puzzle platformer--but I don't like how some of the solutions rely on mechanical oddities like having one character perform an action as you switch from him to another character in order to complete a task. It feels like a violation of how adventure game puzzles should work. But then again, at least there's no chicken with a pulley in the middle, so it can't have been that obtuse.

Game 13: Hatoful Boyfriend (PC) - 1:59 - COMPLETED February 4
I'll probably come back to this, as so far I've only got five of the twelve (!) endings, but there's only so much monospaced text I can read before my eyes bleed. As pigeon dating sims go, this one's a bit of a surprise--occasionally touching, occasionally hilarious, always better than it has any right to be. The major downside is that it's a bit short for one playthrough, but it seems to get all the endings you have to re-read a lot of text you've already seen before. You do have the option to fast-forward to the next decision, which is fine, but it does reduce subsequent playthroughs to a minimum of text and basically ten to fifteen important decisions to make that determine which (if any) ending you get. But that might just be an issue with all visual novels, and the unique setting and interesting characters help carry the game quite a bit.

Game 14: Attack of the Friday Monsters! (3DS) - 2:47 - COMPLETED February 6
The second of the Level 5 Guild-0X games I've played, and this one's even better than Liberation Maiden. Monsters doesn't have nearly as much in the way of actual gameplay--it's really a string of monster card battles split up with basic visual novel/adventure-type stuff--but it more than makes up for it with its winning charm. It's a carefree game suffused with the spirit of childhood adventure; the comparisons to Studio Ghibli films rings true here. The game is relatively short and straightforward, but unexpectedly it has a post-game section! Definitely worth a playthrough.

Game 15: Jazzpunk (PC) - 2:54 - COMPLETED February 8
It's like someone took the Citizen Abel games and gave them mescaline. Okay I love you buh-bye.
I'm actually from Edinburgh, this is Bronzo.
Also, Wedding Qake can kiss my ass, those bots are all wallhacking. Seriously, I got super angry at that minigame before I realized how dumb that was. And then I still got angry at it anyways.

Game 16: Battlefield 4 (MULTIPLAYER) (PC) - 12:24 (49 hours played in 2013) - ONGOING February 16
Technically this matches MRORANGE's initial suggestions for calling a game "complete," though I'll probably keep playing at least until the end of the month (or until I get bored of Second Assault, whichever comes first). I don't think I've played any multiplayer game as much as I have Battlefield in a long, long time. Even though it's occasionally busted (even now, months after release) and even though it's published by the Evil Empire itself, EA, Battlefield 4 is still as fun in its best moments as anything I've played. It's telling that I've put in more hours in the session I just finished than I've spent playing the Titanfall beta. DICE/EA really, really, really, REALLY need better quality control, but Battlefield is still Battlefield.

Game 17: Card City Nights (PC) - 7:06 - 100% COMPLETED February 23
I bought Card City Nights on a whim, thanks in part to its low sale price (50% off the regular price of four bucks) and in part to Playfire's rewards beta, which gives you Green Man Gaming purchase credit for getting achievements in Card City Nights. What I wasn't expecting was how deep the card battling game turned out to be. It may not have the lasting power of, say, Hearthstone (so I've been told), but there's a couple of competing viable strategies and a lot of flexibility in how you build your decks. You could choose to run your opponents out of cards, or overwhelm them with attacks, or disable all the cards on their board so they can't play any new ones, or rotate the hell out of everything, and so on. And you can do a lot of this stuff with the same deck build even, adapting to the strategies of your opponents. The game also has an endearing art style and surprisingly catchy music. The one downside, I suppose, is that a lot of people found the game too easy, but I'm kind of okay with that myself. Definitely worth its normal price of four bucks, let alone the two I paid.

Game 18: Lego City Undercover (Wii U) - 16:45 - COMPLETED February 24
15 months after buying a Wii U, I've finally gotten around to actually finishing a Wii U game. Lego City Undercover is exactly the sort of thing Nintendo needs a lot more of in its portfolio--quality third-party games that appeal to kids and adults alike while using the Gamepad in interesting ways. (I know the game was published by Nintendo so technically it's not third-party, but it certainly feels like a third-party game.) That said, the game isn't without its flaws. Load times are abysmal--I've routinely clocked the time to get into a game at a minute or more. While Lego City does a lot of things decently, it does none of them well. Driving feels awful; cars suffer from understeer until you hit a certain point, and then you get massive oversteer and skidding. Platforming is routinely hampered by odd camera angles. Combat is far too simple and occasionally annoying. The list goes on. But ultimately, it's hard not to like Lego City Undercover, even if it overstays its welcome. If I were an eight-year-old kid, it'd probably be the best game ever.

Game 19: Descent (PC) - 8:54 - COMPLETED February 28
This game is almost 20 years old now, but it still flies like a dream thanks to the DXX-Rebirth project. I realized on this playthrough that I've never played anything beyond Trainee in either Descent 1 or 2, and that plus two decades of rustiness meant my Hotshot playthrough (on which I spent nearly two of my nine hours in campaign) was doomed to failure. Rookie, on the other hand, was pretty reasonable, with just enough touch and go parts to make things tense. I may be biased (I used to run Descent fan sites as a kid) but I'd say Descent is still worth playing all these years later. On to Descent 2!

Game 20: Out There (Android) - 2:47 - COMPLETED March 4
I honestly did not expect to finish a roguelike game this year. I just assumed they'd all be like FTL or Binding of Isaac, where I'd make slow, unpredictable progress towards my final goal until eventually I hit a ceiling of some sort through which it would take hours of effort and luck to pierce. Out There, on the other hand, has decided to be merciful by allowing me to see one of its (apparently) many endings. If FTL is like an episode of Star Trek in roguelike form, Out There is more like the genre's Space Oddity: a much more lonely and quiet place, where suffocation or lack of fuel are greater threats than laser beams and armed intruders. I liked it a lot, and I'll keep trying for the other endings for as long as I can avoid that cursed roguelike ceiling.

Game 21: South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC) - 13:26 - COMPLETED March 8
It's hard to believe we could ever get a good South Park game but here it is in all its glory. The Stick of Truth isn't just that, though; it recreates everything I remember about the TV show so well that it feels like you're playing an interactive season of South Park. The difficulty is a little on the easy side (though the combat doesn't really get boring ever) and some of the fart tutorials could be better explained (especially the "use A and D to tune your fart" prompts that look like you're just supposed to mash the keys). And of course, if you're not interested in South Park's gross-out brand of satire (including abortion and anal probe minigames, natch), you definitely won't want to play this. But for me, The Stick of Truth has accomplished the impossible: it's made me appreciate South Park for the first time in years.

Game 22: Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3) - 47:26 - COMPLETED March 26, 100% COMPLETED April 9
I think this might be the longest I've ever spent on a single Atelier runthrough. Escha & Logy is a pretty good Atelier game--a lot of the systems introduced in Ayesha have been refined for the better, the synthesis is just as addictive, and the cast of characters is decent enough. That said, the pacing of the game seems off compared to prior games--the reintroduction of regular assignment intervals, something last seen in Atelier Rorona, helps to keep you on track during the game but can also feel confining at times. Anyways, I've already unlocked a bunch of endings, which I'll be playing through in the next few days, and then it's on to a second full playthrough with Logy. Maybe. Probably. We'll see?

Game 23: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PC) - 25:28 - COMPLETED March 27
This runthrough was basically me creating a new Barbarian character, power leveling him to level 60 by various means (that didn't actually involve playing through the whole game in one go), and then playing through all of Reaper of Souls in both co-op and solo sessions at various levels. My co-workers, who have been playing D3 on and off for the past two years, liked Reaper of Souls because they said it forced them not to sleepwalk through boss fights like they'd grown accustomed to over the months. Meanwhile, I've never had an "easy" boss fight until the night Reaper of Souls came out, as my newly level 60 Barbarian ran one of my co-worker's alts through all the bosses on Normal to get the free legendary and ended up killing Diablo in five seconds flat. So Reaper of Souls seems kind of neat, and the extra levels and new loot are cool, but it's really just more of post-Loot 2.0 Diablo III as far as I'm concerned. Luckily, I like post-Loot 2.0 Diablo III, so more of it isn't a bad thing

Game 24: Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea (PC) - 7:08 - COMPLETED March 30
Ran through both DLC episodes in one go, almost a year to the day after playing through the original Infinite campaign. Burial at Sea feels very dark, which I guess makes sense given the overt noir influences of the first episode. But to me it felt like the first episode was really only there for connective tissue; the real heart of Burial at Sea's story is entirely contained in the second episode, and it's a pretty drastic departure in both tone and gameplay from everything else we've played in Bioshock Infinite's universe. All I know is that I'll be spending some time reading through the spoiler thread for Burial at Sea Part 2 now. Worth playing through if you have any attachment to the Bioshock universes.

Game 25: Descent 2 (PC) - 8:31 - COMPLETED March 31
All credit to the Parallax AI programmers. Whereas Descent 1 felt occasionally brutal thanks to the instant-aim, instant-hit Vulcan bots that would bleed you dry, Descent 2 feels brutal because of some dirty level tricks (hurray for disappearing walls hiding robot ambushes) and a lot of really annoying AI bots. The Thief-bot was a fantastic addition to the Descent canon; no other enemy makes you hate life as much as the one that steals your weapons and flees from the scene of the crime. On the downside, there were a few times when the Guide-bot couldn't get me to the level exit in time, and one instance where somehow I got walled into the reactor room with no way out. On to Descent 3, though I'm hoping its more modern design will mean homing weapons aren't nearly as dangerous.

Game 26: Infamous: Second Son (PS4) - 17:05 - COMPLETED April 16
Easily the best Infamous I've ever played, and easy to recommend to PS4 owners. The Seattle of Second Son feels more like a real place than most other open-world settings (though there's still a lot of visible copy-pasta), the plot is streamlined enough that it doesn't get in the way, and the characters are so much more likeable than in the Cole outings. Even the side activities are, for the most part, better than previous Infamous games. The glaring weak point, besides the usual "holiest saint or darkest demon" dichotomy of the series (which by now is obviously a part of the Infamous signature and should be taken as intentional), is the relative lack of story missions. It feels like you spend most of your time finding blast shards and spraying graffiti, which is okay but caters to my OCD tendencies more than my sense of fun.

Games 27-52 and 53-??

COMPLETED GAMES 27-52
Game 27: Fez (PC) - 4:33 - COMPLETED April 19
Not bad, Phil Fish, not bad. Fez is, at its heart, a game about exploration and secrets--an arcane language that begs to be deciphered, mysterious hints of all sorts, cubes that can only be found through Konami code-esque input strings, and so on. I've technically gotten 100%, but as far as I can tell that only means I've completed the bare minimum, as I've seen people with 209.4% completion (and some possibly fake screenshots of people with a lot higher?). There are whole categories of secret areas I haven't figured out how to access--for example, what's with the apparent underwater structures?--so I'll probably jump in a few more times to see if I can unravel things. We'll see if I succeed.

Game 28: Typing of the Dead: Overkill (PC) - 3:18 - COMPLETED April 21
So the actual typing bits are pretty fun, as it turns out. Some of the trick phrases they throw in are fiendish, and in general the game reminded me that I'm actually not that great at typing without looking at the keyboard (which you kind of need to do in certain situations for maximum effectiveness). But the dialogue is some of the worst I've ever heard in a game, and I play a lot of niche Japanese RPGs. It unfortunately doesn't help that it's intentionally groundhouse-level bad, either (though some of the dialogue at the end at least shows more self-awareness than I expected from a game where "motherfucker" is every third word of the script). More worrying, though, is that the game is three hours long, and the non-typing version of this was once a full-priced Wii game. Maybe with guns it's a fuller experience. As it is, it's a fun bargain-bin PC release, as long as you don't mind the tired repetition of the word "fucking" (seriously, guys, we get it, you're sooooo adult, move on please).

Game 29 - Descent 3 (PC) - 9:20 - COMPLETED May 6
Oh, Descent 3. I wanted to like you like I did fifteen years ago, really I did. But you've aged horribly--where Descent 1 and 2 feel pretty fresh thanks to the improvements on their open-sourced code, Descent 3 is mired in the late 90s technologically speaking. Direct3D support is glitchy, and many important screens are rendered at 640x480 (the map, for example) even though I can force 1920x1200. And then there are the gameplay changes. Robots don't react to taking hits from most weapons, though the Vauss tosses them around as if they have no weight. And the levels almost never feel right--they either feel too big or too small and you always get caught on the geometry. Finally, the mission design is abysmal at times. A big step down from the first two games, especially now that almost two decades have passed.

Game 30 - Monument Valley (Android) - 1:42 - COMPLETED May 8
Short and sweet, this one. Though I think it maybe works better as a piece of interactive art than as an actual game, there's definitely enough Escher-esque geometry puzzles here to keep you amused for a while. It also feels better than what I remember of echochrome, another puzzle game with a similar mechanic that came out a few years ago. And did I mention it's gorgeous? Plenty of opportunities to use the photo mode in this game, that's for sure.

Game 31 - Starlight Inception (PC) - 6:16 - COMPLETED May 17
I feel awful saying this, because the development team (just 13 in total that I counted!) are probably very nice people. But this is not a good game. I can't bring myself to even say it's mediocre. Let me put it to you this way: I played through Hydrophobia TWICE (in original and Prophecy editions), and actually liked it despite the many issues. This? No. I can't. This game is awful in its current state, and I sincerely hope Escape Hatch can fix the problems but I'm not sure it's possible. Everything from the flight model to power management to mission design to the upgrade system to the narrative and cutscenes to the on-ship sections--everything has at least one significant problem that detracts from the experience. Do not buy this game. Play Freespace or Wing Commander or Strike Suit Zero instead.

Game 32 - Rymdkapsel (Android) - 5:09 - COMPLETED May 19
A super cool real time strategy game that focuses mainly on the base-building aspects of the genre and gussies them up in a slick, minimalist aesthetic. You build a compound with minions you control only indirectly (think Dwarf Fortress), and before long you have to defend the compound from swarms of enemies that come at ever decreasing intervals. Every game eventually ends in your death as you're overwhelmed by waves of enemies, so it's not about winning so much as surviving as long as you can. It's a game that really forces you to think about your base layout and your supply chains, which must be perfect if you're to avoid wasted time (and every second counts here). Lots of fun and makes you think, but with only one map the appeal is ultimately somewhat limited. Still, easy to recommend!

Game 33 - Type:Rider (PC) - 1:49 - COMPLETED May 20
HOPE YOU LIKE SHITTY PHYSICS AND INCREDIBLY POOR CHARACTER CONTROL IN YOUR PLATFORMERS BECAUSE THIS GAME HAS PLENTY OF THOSE THINGS. This game is a good reminder of everything I hate in platformers, and why I often steer well clear of them. The only thing this game has going for it is an appreciation for the history of typography (which is kind of the point of the game so it's like I'm praising water for being wet) and some gorgeous audio-visual treatments, especially the Helvetica and Futura levels. But as someone who once wrote a whole paper on the transition from Garamond to Didot in French typography and adores video games, I would much rather have seen those audio-visual treatments used on an informative website rather than an incredibly frustrating platformer.

Game 34 - Icarus Proudbottom's World of Typing (Web) - 1:30 - COMPLETED May 25
The best typing game I'll play all year, I'm pretty damned sure. Also: making the player type out the credits is the best way ever to make sure the player actually remembers who did what!

Game 35 - Super Time Force (360) - 6:55 - COMPLETED June 1
This is probably about as difficult a game as I am likely to finish; on at least two occasions I hit a point where I thought I'd never be able to finish the game. But eventually I'd find a way to improve my time enough (or stay alive long enough) to get past, and difficulty spikes aside, this is a Super Fun game to play. If I had one complaint (besides the difficulty spikes!), it'd be the feeling of juggling too many controls at once. The way diagonal shooting works is a big reason--I don't think the lock-aim button works that well. I think I'd prefer if the game played more like a twin-stick shooter, and you used the triggers/bumpers to jump/time-out/charge. I did like the humour and the colourful cast of characters, and every boss battle was a blast.

Game 36: Heileen 1: Sail Away (PC) - 1:26 - 100% COMPLETED June 15
Playfire Rewards got me to play this. It's not bad as visual novels go, I guess, but the romance side of things seems half baked. The developers of the game tell you straight up that you have three options for romantic partners in the game, which is actually a bit unfortunate because it would've been nice to have more options for partners. Worse, though, is that the partner you end up with only sort of feels like the product of your own choices, versus some random combination of events conspiring to give you a partner you didn't necessarily ask for. Later Heileen games apparently add more gameplay systems to the mix, so hopefully they're less trifling. An aside: the chorus to this song has been stuck in my head ever since I saw the subtitle of this game.

Game 37: Watch Dogs (PS4) - 27:57 - COMPLETED June 16
I don't want to say this game is bad, because it's not. At its best, Watch Dogs is like an open-world Splinter Cell--sneaking around, hacking cameras, sabotaging transformers and steam pipes, knocking out fools before they ever spot you. But at its worst, Watch Dogs does its utmost to make you feel powerless--police chases you can't escape (unless you take public transit, which everyone knows is a foolproof way to lose the cops), a city environment that offers painfully few ways to protect yourself, checkpoints that reset way more of your progress than you expect, dialogue sequences you can't skip, side missions that drop you into the deep end with cement shoes. By the time I got to the final act I was ready to be done with this game ten hours ago, and then it decided to rob me of even the limited powers I once had. If it's possible to hatefuck a game, I certainly did it with Watch Dogs. And yet, I can't call it a bad game, exactly. Just one that pissed me off at the start and never quite managed to win me back.

Game 38: Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers (PC) - 2:26 - COMPLETED June 22
Another Playfire Rewards playthrough. Tiny & Big has a great soundtrack and a high degree of polish (dialogue aside--some of it is clearly written by non-native English speakers). Though it has its frustrating moments, particularly at the end when I had to switch from controller to mouse/keyboard to cut things quickly enough, it was overall a pleasant experience that manages to bring something fresh to 3D platformers.

Game 39 - Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC) - 12:43 - COMPLETED July 12
Aside from a final boss battle that tricks you a little bit (protip: just keep shooting, ignore the animation) and a host of technical issues on PC (idTech 5 sucks, especially on AMD cards), the new Wolfenstein is a leftfield success. It has a surprising empathy for its characters, even as it dumps them into a barely plausible (but always entertaining) pulp sci-fi universe of Nazi robots and inhumane genetic experiments. And though its occasional meditations on things like race relations aren't anything to write home about, it's amazing to think this is the latest iteration in a series that began with only you, a pixelated gun, and a bunch of pixelated Nazi grunts yelling "Achtung!"

Game 40 - Gunpoint (PC) - 3:13 - COMPLETED July 13
Gunpoint is really a giant puzzle game cloaked in a sometimes noir, sometimes sassy spy aesthetic. Everything about the game feels pleasing: the shattering of pane glass as you jump through a window to tackle a guard; the bzzzt! a re-wired power outlet makes as you flick a light switch to shock a guard; the thud when you pass through a security camera you've wired to a trapdoor, removing the floor from underneath a guard; a whole bunch of other things involving guards. Aside from the copious amounts of sarcasm in the writing, I also enjoyed the various categories you were graded on, including violence, noise and speed. More games could use an invitation to play things differently just by grading you on it.

Game 41 - Jelly Defense (Android) - 9:09 - COMPLETED July 13
As tower defense games go, this one is extremely polished but very flawed. In order to save all the crystals on some maps, you have to follow what feels like a very particular build, dictated by the paths of the jellies (which is not shown to you beforehand), the limited range of the workhorse towers (red cannons, for example) and what is often a very tight budget. That would be fine except for two things: one, a single screwup requires you restart the whole level, meaning you often lose five to ten minutes of progress--unconscionable for a mobile game. Two, the final level REQUIRES that you have ten perfect maps, so you'll have to go back and replay maps until you finally get them right. Then there's the fundamental flaw of a mobile game requiring gameplay sessions of twenty minutes or more, but NOT offering an auto-save or suspend save function. Jelly Defense is an early Android game, and it shows.

Game 42 - Tales of Xillia (PS3) - 42:45 - COMPLETED July 20
Xillia starts off very well, with a cast of playable characters almost uniformly likeable (offset by a few really obvious freaks as side characters for no apparent reason). The storytelling really takes a dive near the end, so the final package isn't as compelling as its first hours. Also, if you don't take advantage of the ability to switch your main character, combat gets fairly repetitive pretty quickly--unlike Graces f or Vesperia, you gain access to pretty much all of your significant combat abilities very early on, and from then on it's a matter of pushing that basic system to its limits. All in all it's a decent Tales game, though with obvious rough edges. Hopefully the sequel will clean things up.

Game 43 - Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PC) - 6:56 - COMPLETED July 20
A cracking good time for the most part, despite some segments I really disliked (basically any escape-the-fire-or-spikes gauntlet sequences). The puzzle stuff was fun, and the challenge rooms were nice breathers from the action (though many of them didn't actually require you to think that hard). Giving you multiple optional objectives was a nice touch too, though the idea of replaying levels to get all the objectives was much more appealing when I started the game than it is now.

Game 44 - Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland (PS3) - 26:46 - COMPLETED July 27, 100% COMPLETED August 14
Atelier Rorona was my first Atelier game, and I wasn't great at it. I think I at least managed to avoid the bad ending, but I certainly don't recall thinking about trying to get any of the game's special endings, let alone all of them. Five games later, and I'm back at the scene of the crime, except someone's fixed all the holes in the walls and put a fresh coat of paint over everything. The many changes don't alter the game's fundamental character, for good and ill--it means the game still feels a little long in the tooth compared to its successors, but it still retains the charm of the original while offering concessions here and there to how the more modern games play. The best example: you can now pick which of the unlocked endings you want to see, which is what I'll be doing next. And then, it's time for overtime!

Game 45 - Duke Nukem Forever (PC) - 7:45 - COMPLETED August 3
When I was in high school, I gave the Michael Bay epic Pearl Harbour so much shit. Here was a movie full of blowing shit up and people shooting things and yelling at whatever, and it all looked incredibly stupid to someone who'd watched plenty of decent war movies that weren't just mindless spectacles of explosions. But it occurred to me that in order to truly criticize it, I'd eventually have to go see it, and I wasn't ready to go that far. If only the person who deemed watching Pearl Harbour a line that shall not be crossed had convinced the me of today not to play Duke Nukem Forever.

Game 46 - Metrico (Vita) - 2:32 - COMPLETED August 15
Charts and graphs are supposed to illuminate hidden truths and make complex data easy to intuit. Metrico is a puzzle platformer that drapes itself in the aesthetic of charts and graphs, but to opposite effect: its later levels frustrate intuition and reward brute force data gathering through trial and error instead. Solving puzzles isn't a matter of recognizing patterns, because there are no patterns--no way to tell if a certain platform moves by twisting the Vita or pointing it at a light source or killing yourself by getting crushed by another platform, except to try everything and see what works over and over again. I was once intrigued by the game's premise and aesthetic, but now I'm glad I got this for free through PS+.

Game 47 - Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (MULTIPLAYER) (PC) - 10:01 - COMPLETED August 19
It turns out ten hours is just enough time to go through all the stages I normally encounter when playing a good multiplayer game: the joy of discovery, the euphoria of the initial unlocks and realizing you can actually shoot people and not die, the confidence of your first few hours, and finally the deep, unyielding disappointment when you inevitably encounter a day when you lose every single game and you now expect more from yourself and your teams than you did at the start. So thanks, EA, for the three-day trial. Your game is pretty sweet, but I feel like from here on in only pain, suffering and self-hatred awaits me.

Game 48 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC) - 3:06 - COMPLETED August 24
Not bad. The control scheme's a little hard to get used to, but the story's pretty good, if somewhat predictable. I wouldn't say it affected me the way it seems to have affected a lot of other people, though.

Game 49 - Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 (PC) - 11:03 - COMPLETED September 1
Pretty much the only qualms I have with this game are that a) the camera and part selection controls are a little finicky, and b) the way the game increases the challenge is mostly through asking you to replace parts that are harder to get at and require you to pull apart more of the car. Other than that, I'm surprised at how good this simulator is. Definitely not sim-bundle garbage, that's for sure! I look forward to the sequel; hopefully they'll be able to push the mechanics (no pun intended) further next time.

Game 50 - Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) - 12:20 - COMPLETED September 4
I've never played a Professor Layton game before, so I was surprised at just how easy the game was to pick up and play for short bursts. I've played a few really great handheld games before, but few seem as suitable for short commutes and stolen moments as Curious Village. The puzzles occasionally feel a bit unfair (riddles in particular sometimes feel like you were tricked by unclear wording) and the ending, while touching, also feels a bit off. But generally, it's a really likeable game. Now I guess I have to go track down all the others before I play Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, which arrived a few days ago.

Game 51 - DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) - 21:11 - COMPLETED September 12
The most significant flaw with DanganRonpa is that, for a murder mystery game, it's rather linear--that is, it walks you through each of its cases and doesn't let you miss a single piece of information. It's great in the sense that you don't have to pixel hunt for clues like an old-school adventure game, but it does take the wind out of your sails a bit when you realize there's no way to overlook or miss anything. Once the story gets its hooks into you, though, it's hard not to burn through an entire chapter or two in one go. Definitely looking forward to seeing when the sequel holds.

Game 52 - Destiny (PS4) - 17:55 - COMPLETED September 18
I'm still not sure about how much I like this game. Its missions are repetitive, the story is awful, and there aren't very many planets in the game. But on the other hand, the gunplay is surprisingly satisfying, and I really like the way Destiny blends single-player campaign, co-op raids and traditional competitive multiplayer so that each feels like a component of a greater whole, rather than the strict separation of concerns that reached its zenith in Call of Duty games (which literally launched a different client for multiplayer). Ultimately I think what Destiny lacks is compelling single-player content, even taking into account the fact that it's basically first-person Diablo with guns. But it's a really solid foundation to build on; I just hope Bungie fleshes it out in the weeks and months to come.

GRAVEYARD
Rogue Legacy (PC) - 8:02 - Will probably come back to this, but I don't really expect to finish the game at this rate.
Ibb and Obb (PS3) - 0:13 - Maybe later.
Monaco (PC) - 2:08 - I don't seem to be enjoying this enough to realistically keep it on my plate. This might be a good candidate for a revival in a few months, though, especially since it's supposed to be a pretty short game.
The Last Remnant (PC) - 8:45 - Decent game that fell off my radar somehow. I'll pick this back up when things quiet down a bit.
Puzzle Quest (PC) - 0:43 - Not clicking with me so much, but this seems like the kind of game you can play in small doses anyways so I'll probably come back to this.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising (PC) - 1:46 - Three failures in a row on the second mission (two game overs, one crash) sapped my desire. Maybe later.
99 Spirits (PC) - 0:55 (4 hours played in 2013) - Again, probably a game I'll tackle in small chunks. It's very repetitive, which doesn't do it any favours.
Strike Vector (MULTIPLAYER) (PC) - 1:30 - In the running for biggest gaming mistake I've made this year, though I feel like I should give it a few more chances before writing it off.
Loadout (MULTIPLAYER) (PC) - 0:53 - Fun, but I'm not sure I really plan to play this on a regular basis.
Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP) - 22:45 (1 hour played in 2013) - On hold.
Oozi: Earth Adventure (PC) - 0:28 - On hold.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - 16:33 - On hold for a less JRPG-heavy period.
Zone of the Enders 2 (PS3) - 2:21 - I got to Vic Viper, died once, then stupidly quit the game instead of trying to return to the boss fight and saving. Now I'm back at Deimos and I've lost the will to play any further.
Bravely Default (3DS) - 39:49 - I assume I'll come back to this, but every time I think about playing more I somehow can't bring myself to do it, even though I've mostly enjoyed it.
Pressure (PC) - 0:56 - Very clearly a sometimes game. Will come back.
Oni (PC) - 1:44 - Might just be too old for me to play again. Oh god, the checkpoints.
Papers, Please (PC) - 1:13 - I feel really bad about this one because it's good, but it also makes me feel real bad about myself. I've already managed to let two people get murdered.
Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360) - 1:17 - Uhhh... maybe later. The driving is exhausting and that's kind of the whole game, so...
Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP/Vita) - 0:32 - On hold while this whole Type-0 HD stuff percolates a bit. If it's coming soon, might be better to play that instead.
Brutal Legend (PC) - 2:37 - Every time I think about returning to this, I remember how that first RTS battle went and shudder.
Deception IV: Blood Ties (Vita) - 2:00 - I will one day get back to this, potentially soon, but for now...
Batman: Arkham City (PC) - 4:26 - Third time's the charm, maybe? I'm far enough into the game that it's probably worth chipping away at this, but I feel no urgent desire to keep playing.
Counterspy (PS4) - 2:20 - What exactly are you supposed to do when one side's at DEFCON 1? Who knows?

Macheezmo

I tried this last year only counting games I had not beaten before and only made it to 42 total. I lost about a month to Xenoblade which I never even finished. If I were to do this and count games which I have beaten before, I could see this being doable for me.

yaffi

Okay, I'm in!

Game 1: Yakuza: Dead Souls - ~28h - PS3
Had it sitting around for a few years now. Started the game in early December and while it wasn't bad, it became really repetitive quite fast. So I just rushed through everything, after having done almost all the substories and stuff with the first three characters. Story was fine; the cast (and the typical Yakuza humor) and zombies make anything bearable anyway.

Game 2: Anarchy Reigns - ~6h - PS3
Fucking cool game. Cool characters, cool fights, cool music, cool everything. Imagine this on PS4/Xbox1 with next gen graphics. I actually liked what little story it had too.

Game 3: The Puppeteer - ~??h - PS3
What a lovely game, but it could get somewhat chaotic at times. I really liked the characters and their bantering.

Game 4: Outland - ~10h - PS3
It was kinda fun and the color-switching mechanic was well done. There was a noticeable spike in difficulty toward the end that almost killed my enjoyement of the game. There was no story that's worth mentioning. Combat was fine.

Game 5: Killer is Dead - ~12h - PS3
Fun gameplay, liked the style and the story gave me brain damage. Aki Toyosaki was unbearable. Don't know what to say else. Also it had the perfect length.

Game 6: Alan Wake + DLC - ~21h - PC
I really liked the plot and the character Alan Wake. It was like playing an episode of The Twilight Zone. What I didn't really like was the actual gameplay; it felt kind of sluggish and there were just too many enemy encounter.

Game 7: Alan Wake's American Nightmare - ~6h - PC
This one was a bit more open worldish and it played a bit better. Plot was great again.

Game 8: Bastion - ~9h - PC
It's a really nice looking game, but the rest was just boring.

Game 9: Diablo III + RoS - ??h - PC
Played through the main campaign again for the Addon, then played through the addon. I didn't really feel like doing anything else after that. It's an awesome game nevertheless.

Game 10: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR - ??h - PC
After playing this for around a year I feel like I'm done with this. It was great while it lasted.

Game 11: Tomb Raider - ~20h - PC
I never liked the old Tomb Raider games, but this one was really great. Might be because I love Third Person Action Adventures (and Uncharted). I even went to collect everything and that's something I very rarely do.

Game 12: Spec Ops: The Line - ~6h - PC
It's a good TPS, but I didn't really care for all the controversy around it. It just played really nicely and didn't overstay its welcome.

Game 13: The Last of Us - ??h - PS3
It's a good game with a good story developement. The interaction between the characters was really nicely done. Gameplay was meh and I didn't like that there wasn't a lot of ammuniton, also clickers.

Game 14: Ys I - 10h - PC
Dunno what to say. It's old but still awesome. Go, Adol!

Game 15: Max Payne 3 - ~11h - PC
It wasn't really Max Payne and at the same time it was. I really enjoyed the setting. There aren't many games that take place in South America.

Game 16: Hexyz Force - ~27h - Vita
It's a nice little JRPG gem with a classic combat system. You have two main characters and you can decide which you choose first. I only played through one route since the game got a bit tedious near the end. Plot is also very classic: save the world from some evil god thing which has x different forms as final fight.

Game 17: Ys Seven - ??h - Vita
Again: It's Ys, but this time with three controlable characters. I think it worked out pretty nicely. Plot was the usual, including the Unforseeable Twist™.

Game 18: Black★Rock Shooter The Game - ??h - Vita
This game really is low-buget, but still tons of fun. I enjoyed the semi-active combat system a lot. It's also getting the idea of an apocalyptic world across very well. The plot is, well, it's there. You're the last girl on earth and have to fight off some kind of super strong alien race, including pseudo-philosophical blabla. But I'm a big BRS fan, so I knew what was awaiting me.

Unison

I will do this, if only to provide LOL value when I shame myself and come up woefully short.

Game 1- Tomb Raider (2013). Finished 13 hours.
A better Uncharted than Uncharted, but still more exhausting than fun to play by the time I hit the six hour mark. Close calls lose their effect when every escape is a near-death escape. Good riddance.

Carm

About to hit 50 for this year if I can finish The Swapper before midnight. I could have finished far more if I didn't play WoW so much. I'm looking to possibly start with the entire Dawn of War Franchise but I dunno, that may burn me out going back to back on the same thing.

12-30-14: I failed this challenge hard, the blame is on putting over a thousand hours into Marvel Heroes over the summer time and now the release of Warlords of Draenor expansion.

All on Steam cept Diablo of course: 27 total

1. Alien Breed: Impact Playtime: 5 Hours
2. Alien: Isolation Playtime: 30 Hours
3. Assassin's Creed Revelations Playtime: 50 Hours
4. The Blackwell Legacy Playtime: 2 Hours
5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadows Ultimate Edition Playtime: 34 Hours
6. Darksiders 2 Playtime: 56 Hours
7. Deadpool Playtime: 9 Hours
8. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Expansion Playtime: Guessing estimate 15 hours for expansion only
9. Dust: An Elysian Tail Playtime: 29 Hours
10. Final Exam Playtime: 5 Hours
11. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Playtime: 12 Hours
12. Lost Planet 3 Playtime: 16 Hours
13. Marlow Briggs Playtime: 6 Hours
14. The Maw Playtime: 4 Hours
15. Marvel Heroes (Story Mode) Playtime: Guessing estimate 20 hours on normal difficulty
16. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Playtime: 18 Hours
17. Might & Magic X - Legacy Playtime: 66 Hours
18. Outlast Playtime: 9 Hours
19. Roundabout Playtime: 2 Hours
20. Shelter Playtime: 2 Hours
21. Strider Playtime: 11 Hours
22. Transistor Playtime: 7 Hours
23. Trials Fusion Playtime: 7 Hours
24. The Walking Dead: Season Two Playtime: 8 Hours
25. Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team Playtime: 4 Hours
26. The Wolf Among Us Playtime: 8 Hours
27. Wolfenstein: The New Order Playtime: 21 Hours

Will have to try harder this coming year to tackle more of my Steam backlog, that I keep adding to.

Matriox

I'm down, highly doubt I'll make it but what the heck!

Game 1: Tearaway - 6 Hours
Jan 4 - A bit short on the main story, but finished at about 65%, might go back and do a completionist run someday. Very good, cute, and endearing :)

Game 2: Fire Emblem: Awakening - 25 hours
Jan 5 - First game I've played like it was Xcom, and this was far better Imo. Goty contender for me for 2013 easily.

Game 3: Persona 4 Golden - 50 hours
Jan 21 - Incredible game, possibly one of my favorite games of all time... It has since soured JRPGs for not being as good :(

Aug 6 Update: Been a little whilte and forgot to update, so my times/dates will be a guess :( At this rate I will definately not make it, not even close. I guess I have an excuse since my son was born in May.

Game 4: InFAMOUS: Second Son - 10? Hours
Mar ?? - Never finished the ps3 versions of Infamous, but this one was great. Loved the facial expressions and animations, which is mostly what I was playing for. Gameplay was alright to frustrating at times, but overall I had a good experience.

Game 5: CoD Ghosts MP - 30-40 Hours
Jan thru Mar - Played the Mp with friends/family until titanfall came out, definately a week CoD MP game in general but I had some good times.

Game 6: Monument Valley - 2? Hours
March ?? - Had a good time with this one, definately worth its small price.

Game 7: Titanfall - 50-60 Hours
Mar thru Aug - Great fun in Titanfall, Basically put this one up when I was finished with it, got up to Gen 5 and decided I was tired of following the challenges to
keep going. I played the April/May Map Pack more than the actual launch of the game which was definately where I spent most of my time.

Game 8: Bravely Default - 20? Hours
April?? - Ugh. Started out loving this game, ended up hating it.

Game 9: Tomb Raider - 10? Hours
July ?? - Man did I love this game.. I was skeptical at first but it was $30 on a digital psn sale, easily worth it and a favorite game of mine this year.

Game 10: Bound by Flame - 8? Hours
July ?? - Really enjoyed this game, far more than most it seems. I couldn't seem to stop playing and knocked it out in around 2 sittings.

Game 11: Child of Light - 6? Hours
July ?? - Great RPG, had a blast with the battle system and exploring for loot. Possibly favorite game released this year, top 3 for sure.

Game 12: Shovel Knight - 5? Hours
July ?? - As a huge fan of Megaman, this one was a great time. Although a little easy at times, definately had my fair share of deaths. Will probably play this again by the end of the year.

Mr. Luchador checking in.

Last year I managed to finish 23 games, so the aim to is to beat that. If I can finish 52 games I'll be more than happy with that!

Companion Sites

Backloggery
The Ultimate Challenge... finish my backlog. It has been left to my First Born.

Howlongtobeat
Useful for keeping track of time played when Steam is being a little broken, or playing a Non-Steam game.

Twitch
The vast majority, if not all, games are streamed on twitch for friends to watch. Feel free to drop by and watch - it also acts as 'evidence' of the challenge!

52 Game List

Game 1: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (PC)
Game 2: Assassin's Creed III (PC)
Game 3: Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)
Game 4: Portal 2 (PC)
Game 5: DLC Quest (PC)
Game 6: Aferfall: InSanity (PC)
Game 7: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PC)
Game 8: inFAMOUS (PS3)
Game 9: The Witcher (PC)
Game 10: Hotline Miami (PC)
Game 11: Sleeping Dogs (PC)
Game 12: Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville (PC)
Game 13: Deadpool (PC)
Game 14: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero (PS4)
Game 15: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
Game 16: South Park: The Stick of Truth (PC)
Game 17: Fallout 1 (PC)
Game 18: Fallout 2 (PC)
Game 19: 10,000,000 (PC)
Game 20: Papers, Please (PC)
Game 21: Hard Reset (PC)
Game 22: Resogun (PS4)
Game 23: Stick it to the Man! (PS4)
Game 24: Outlast (PS4)
Game 25: Watchdogs (PS4)
Game 26: Zombie Shooter (PC)
Game 27: Game Dev Tycoon (PC)
Game 28: Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
Game 29: The Wolf Among Us - Season 1 (PC)
Game 30: F.E.A.R (PC)
Game 31: Outlast - Whistleblower DLC (PC)
Game 32: Trine - Enchanted Edition (PC)
Game 33: McPixel (PC)
Game 34: Shadowrun Returns (PC)
Game 35: Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen (PS3)
Game 36: Destiny (PS4)
Game 37: GTA III (PC)
Game 38: Alien: Isolation (PC)
Game 39: Football Manager 2014 (PC)
Game 40: The Evil Within (PS4)
Game 41: Civilisation V (PC)

Game 42: Polynomial (PC)
Game 43: Pitiri 1977 (PC)
Game 44: KGB 1953 (PC)
Game 45: SteamWorld Dig (PS4)

Def Jukie

Game 1: Hotline Miami (PC) - Completed with all A+ scores
I played through this when it came out but felt like playing through it again because I wanted to go for the A+ scores on all the levels which proved to be a pretty good challenge on a few of the chapters. Still one of my favorite games of the last five years or so and the updated version runs a lot better than when I first played it. I'll have to try the Vita version out at some point that I got through PS+.

Game 2: The Swapper (PC) - Completed and found all hidden log files
I don't know why this game has flown under the radar as much as it has because it's fantastic. I really enjoyed the plot and overall tone of the game and thought the puzzles were mostly well designed. Having to make clones of yourself and kill them off repeatedly is an oddly disturbing sensation and I found the story to be kind of unsettling. I didn't find most of the puzzles to be all that difficult but got stuck on a couple of them for a while before they clicked. I didn't use a guide at all except for finding some of the hidden log files. I'm glad I did because I never would have found the majority of them on my own.

Game 3: Gone Home (PC) - Completed in commentary mode
This is another one that I played when it was first released. I wanted to go through it again in the commentary mode that was added turned on to hear what Steve and crew had to say about developing it. I found a few things that I missed the first time through the game that were pretty interesting. One of my favorite games from last year for sure.

Hubb

1) The Last of Us 35-45H
2) Senran Kagura 10H
3) XCOM Enemy Within 28H
4) Guacamelee 5H
5) Tomb Raider 2013 15H
6) Tearaway 6H
7) Muramasa: Rebirth 11H
8) The Guided Fate Paradox ~40H
9) Nier ~30H
10) Brothers:A tale of 2 sons 3H
11) Dynasty Warriors 8 Too many hours.
12) FFX HD 38H
13) Dishonored 14H
14) Orcs Must Die 2 11H
15) StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty 16H
16) Corpse Party 11H
17) Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising 6H
18) Noitu Love 2 Devotion 2H
Noitu was very short, but just enough varied content to keep me interested all the way through. Music was hit or miss for me, though I did really like level 3's music. Not much else to say about the game. Even though it only took me 1 and a half hours to 2 hours to beat the asking price for the game is very fair, specially when on sale.

19) Dawn of War 2: Retribution
15H
DoW2 was a nice evolution from Chaos Rising. I really liked being able to play multiple campaigns from different races, even though that resulted in shorter campaigns overall. Being able to summon regular ground units to go along with your heroes was a nice touch as well. Other than that, I recommend playing it on a higher difficulty. It becomes too easy otherwise, specially if you decide to do all the optional missions.

20) Project Diva F too many H
Diva F was a slow burner for me. I played a few songs a night before I went to bed and I finally reached "the end", for me at least. Got all the trophies I was interested in getting (no interest in leveling up friendship portion of the game), and played my favorite songs to death. Now all that is left is waiting for Diva F 2, and go back to playing DJMax. I do have to say I preferred the controls in Diva F to DJMax.

21) Batman Arkham Asylum 10H
I usually don't like back tracking in my games, but I thought it was handled well here. The melee fighting was fun, other than trying to dodge Titans and inside of dodging wide you jump over a nearby minion and still get charged. Boss fights were varied and I'm glad there were only a few dual Titan fights, because I hated those.

22) Ravenmark 15H
First mobile and probably last mobile game to be on this list. Great game, lots of content, challenging content if you try to get all 3 circles. It was a great game to play on my commute to work. Story driven SRPG, no grinding, no spawning troops, and "hero" abilities to use. My only real complaint is that sometimes the gods of randomness aren't kind. Missing 4x in a row is not fun for anyone.

23) Infamous 12H
I want to eventually get to Infamous:SS so I figure I need to start working through the first two games. I was never really interested in the Infamous series, but I enjoyed most of the time I played it. It ended a little differently than I thought. I mean the game was getting really good with the last boss fight, and then I realized it was the last boss fight. My biggest problem with the game I guess is an issue with a lot of open world games. Sometimes I feel the quests are placed to force you to travel as far as possible. Anyway I look forward to playing Infamous 2, but I think I am going to wait a bit to start it.

24) Contrast 4H
Short and Acts 2 and 3 were pretty sweet. I never really got into the puzzle genre, but between PS+ and steam bundles I am starting to accumulate a ton of them. Contrast didn't blow me away but it did keep my attention, and it convinced me to try more puzzle games.

25) Stick it to the man
5H
First off the main theme/menu music got stuck in my head too many times playing this game. Art style is nice, music is good, and my only real issue is with the controls. Specifically the hand growing out of Ray's head. Sometimes it was just a pain select the middle of three objects/people. Beyond that I enjoyed it, the humor was meh though there was a rare joke here or there that made me smile. It was an interesting adventure/puzzle game, and after it and Contrast I think it is safe to say I am going to venture out more in this genre of games.

26) Crimson Shroud 2-3H
Not a whole lot to say about this game. Very short (6ish hours), with a surprising amount of dialog to pad the game. The combat is fun, enemies are not very varied, no leveling grind (just gear if you so wish), and a kind of twist ending. I wish there was a little more fighting and I wish that Lippi didn't suck so much

27) Trine 6H
Something about steam sales that makes me want to plow through my backlog. It might be the fact that I add too many games to it. All in all Trine was much better than I thought it was going to be going into it. Combat was Meh for the most part, just something to pad the game. Puzzles were pretty good, enough platforming challenges to keep me interested, but nothing crazy hard to make me look up a guide.

28) Velocity Ultra 6H
Really enjoyed my time with this game. Levels were perfectly timed for a portable game. Got 5 minutes? Blow through a level no problem. Controls were smooth other than my only issue (which is probably more user error) is the bombs. I was pretty bad at those.

29) Saints Row: the 3rd 13H
What to say? It was over the top, though I thought they could have went even crazier than they did at places like the virtual reality section. Missions were varied enough for the most part and the cast was pretty good overall. In fact my biggest complaint about the cast is that if you focus on one person's missions it could be a long time until you see them again (if you see them again) once you finish "their" story line. As far as game play goes the game suffers from what most open world games do (to me at least). XYZ mission has 3 parts and all 3 parts are as far away from each other as possible. Unnecessary padding for the most part.

30) Banner Saga 8H
Great game and lots of fun. Can be very challenging if you go into it blind and make all the choices as you personally would (bit me in the ass a bunch). Would have been fun to play around with some different menders or even different weapon types. Hopefully they are saving that for the sequel/next part.

31) Persona 4 Arena 10H
The story line took me by surprise. I wasn't expecting such depth to a fighting game let alone a spin off. Playing through this only made me even more hyped for the sequel. That and Persona Q, I can only hope have as good a story.

32) Dragon's Crown 20H
Great game if you like 2D beat-em-ups. Played on vita and there were only a few slow downs when a ton of stuff was happening, but overall not so bad. Decent amount of grinding needed in the game, good enemy variety, and nice boss design.

33) Spec Ops the Line 5H
I'm not a big first person shooter person let alone the campaigns they normally have, but Spec Ops was pretty damn good. Not a whole lot to say other than that. It was prefect length in my opinion. To the point where things didn't feel repetitive even though there wasn't a whole lot of variety.

34) Sound Shapes 8H
Music was average, nothing too amazing but nothing to complain about either. The levels I enjoyed the most were the bike/car levels but there were too few of those. Some of the community levels are pretty good which helped make the game last longer. There weren't too many levels that came with the base game. From my understanding the DLC just adds instruments and no new levels.

35) Atelier Ayesha 30H
Good game, great art/music. It was even an easy enough Atelier game to play in one playthrough. The time limit felt like it wasn't even there.

36) Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge 10H
Never played the original NG3 so I've got nothing to compare this game to. All in all I'd give it a 6.5/10 (extra .5 because of the characters). My major gripes with the game were the freezes/load times. Not a fan of hard resetting my PS3 because the game locked up. If it wasn't for those technical issues I'd probably bump it up a point.

37) The Last of Us: Remasted 60H
Not much to say other than it is still my favorite game.

38) Ys 1 6H
Started on my PC, but finished on my friend's PSP. Looking forward to moving on to Ys: 2

39) Danganronpa 1 30H
Lived up to the hype. Cons? Some of the mini games/the tutorials, I felt the game could have done a better job explaining some of the mini games.

40) Strider 6H
No idea how people beat this on max difficulty.

41) Etrian Odyssey 4 60H~
My first EO game and it wont be my last.

42) A Link Between Worlds 16H
First Zelda game and probably wont be my last

43) Rune Factory 4 65H

44) Ar Tonelico Qoga 40H
Great soundtrack meh everything else

45) Velocity 2X 10H
Didn't enjoy the 5+ minute levels.

46) Infamous 2 11H
It was more of Infamous 1, though the dual elements were a nice touch.

47) Under Defeat HD 4H
I suck at shumps.

48) The Legend of Korra 5H
Some minor flaws, but a good $15 game.

49) Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty 4H
My first foray into R&C games, I'll have to get around to playing more of them.

50) TxK 8H
So many colors flashing across the screen.

51) Pokemon Y 43H
First pokemon game since Gold.

52) Gungnir 25H
Well only took me 11 months, but here I am 52 games done.

Seems a tad tough but I'll attempt it

21/52

Game 1: Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney Dual Destinies- 25 hours
# Beat all 5 cases, completed 1 & 2 before New Years. The ending was quite interesting

Game 2: Long Live the Queen- 9 hours (started in end of December) 1/4/14
#It's an interesting game. I got 4 endings (Shot, Sacrifice, Drowned, Queen). I like the management and variety of flags that are not completely necessary, testing if you will devote training to that or for a later flag

Game 3:VVVVVV- 1/4/14(start),1/15/14(end) 3:03 hours
found 8 trinkets and spent a lot of time on that really hard trinket

Game 4: Etrian Odyssey 4 1/6/14(start)
Probably won't finish soon but did a huge chunk of it so far

Game 5: Tales of Xillia- 1/15/14(start)
Unlikely to complete soon but I'm putting it on here to save for when I do

Game 6: Edge- 1/13/14(start) 1/25/14(end) 6 hours
# cute and simple game.The game is a little too simple and the core gimmick of the game, the edge mechanic is too particular and really annoying to use. Plus the game hides the final levels behind collecting all the prisms. I like the easter eggs though.

Game 7: Toki Tori 8 hours
I forgot when I beat it but it was a fun little puzzle game

Game 8: Ys 1

Game 9: Toki Tori 2+

Game 10: FireRed 2/20 24 hours
Playing this stubbornly using not great pokemon probably what caused it to be so long

Game 11: Crystal 8:20
Successfully sped ran this game with a Dunsparce. Even beat Red

Game 12: Pikmin 3
This was a very fulfilling sequel to Pikmin.

Game 13: Brothers
Honestly not sure how long it took me but I'm going to guess about 5-6 hours

Game 14: Steamworld Dig 3/14 -5/28 7:00
Really fun metroidvania

Game 15: Pokemon Emerald
Played a random run. It was quite interesting

Game 16: Mario Kart 8 5/30 - 7/30
Only thing preventing from beating the game is my stubborness to do 150cc to unlock the last 2 characters. Got over my stubborness and unlocked the last 2 koopalings

Game 17: Strike Force Foxx 7/15 - 7/28 5:29
Fun little choplifter clone

Game 18: Kirby's Adventure (Wii U VC) 7:11
Fun game overall. I didn't grasp the controls fully until towards the end so that probably caused me to take longer

Game 19: Game & Wario 7/20-8/2
This was pretty fun all things considered. There were a few minigames that shine and others that just use the gamepad well.

Game 20: Shin Megami Tensei 4 60 hours
Amazed I got the Neutral ending. Pretty good. Somehow the last boss fights were underwhelming though.

Game 21: ZaciSa's Last Stand
Pretty unique tower defense in that paths aren't clearly defined. Also like the art style.

Game 22: Sky Peace 8/16-8/17 :57
Fairly unique game that was a fun sidescroller. While I haven't done all the achievements, I've beaten all 10 stages. Good enough for $.99

Game 23: Turtle Tale 8/16- 8/22
Pretty bad platformer. Would advise against it. Annoyingly difficult

Game 24: Super Smash Bros. 3DS 10/13-10/28
Got all the challenges done. Fun but would not try to do a bunch of these challenges again

Game 25: Senran Kagura Burst 10/13 -11/10
Fun, a little lewd but a pretty solid plot

Game 26 Donkey Kong '94 11/11-11/27
A pretty solid game that held up pretty well. The final boss fight was cool

NaXo

Banned
Do games that I started playing this year count? I'm about to finish some games on Steam that I won't be able to beat before next year.

Anyway, I'm in for the challenge.

Game #1: F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point (PC) - 5 hours
Game was really fun, the scary parts were much more effective than in the original and the gunplay was top notch. A good game to start off the new year.

Game #2: Bastion (PC) - 5 hours
As I stated in another thread, soundtrack and art style are fantastic.

Game #3: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (PC) - 55 hours
I tried to do as much as possible in the game, that's why it took me so long to complete. Even though it was kind of dated for this year's standards, I had a blast playing this.

Game #4: The Witcher 2: The Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (PC) - 45 hours
This game, guys. I got interested in The Witcher series this year with all the hype surrounding the third entry, so I started by reading the book The Last Wish (really good, btw) and then continued with the games. While I enjoyed my time with the first game, the second one is just superior in so many levels. Graphics, story, gameplay (well, I kind of used a mod to fix this, so it doesn't count). An amazing experience overall.

I'm in!

honeymustardn - 34/52 games

1. Chrono Trigger
http://i.imgur.com/2aO8NxB.jpg

2. Papers, Please
http://i.imgur.com/0yJCzL9.jpg

3. Rockman World 3
http://i.imgur.com/5SRT28p.jpg

4. Rockman World 4
http://i.imgur.com/05A95gd.jpg

5. Rockman World 5
http://i.imgur.com/0kaEZXx.jpg

6. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
http://i.imgur.com/0ha1JTh.jpg

7. Sunset Riders
http://i.imgur.com/VaWzY4f.jpg

8. Tomb Raider
http://i.imgur.com/Jtpl1QK.jpg

9. Donkey Kong Land
http://i.imgur.com/3hbwWhB.jpg

10. Batman Arkham Asylum
http://i.imgur.com/99f5L0k.jpg

11. Bioshock Infinite
http://i.imgur.com/JBd7MFi.jpg

12. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
http://i.imgur.com/23c8OSA.jpg

13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
http://i.imgur.com/HK0va1I.jpg

14. Batman Arkham City
http://i.imgur.com/H8hRyWa.jpg

15. Half Life
http://i.imgur.com/IVpJCdY.jpg

16. Hotline Miami
http://i.imgur.com/6d0lL6N.jpg

17. Rockman 8
http://i.imgur.com/yX01ybi.jpg

18. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
http://i.imgur.com/I3Xwr0Y.jpg

19. The Stanley Parable
http://i.imgur.com/QAyFOeK.jpg

20. Half Life 2
http://i.imgur.com/Yy6j2SN.jpg

21. Mega Man 10
http://i.imgur.com/94ee3t8.jpg

22. Half Life 2: Episode 1
http://i.imgur.com/e3akBJu.jpg

23. Half Life 2: Episode 2
http://i.imgur.com/osfs0vp.jpg

24. Rockman X4
http://i.imgur.com/eDQpSRy.jpg

25. Shovel Knight
http://i.imgur.com/HG8lRgs.jpg

26. Limbo
http://i.imgur.com/VGzEOwn.jpg

27. WarioWare: Twisted!
http://i.imgur.com/1hdgpjk.jpg

28. Snatcher
http://i.imgur.com/wMnsBQc.jpg

29. Kirby's Adventure
http://i.imgur.com/2uxKkR5.jpg

30. Super Mario Bros. 3
http://i.imgur.com/DxBwF6X.jpg

31. The Walking Dead Season 2
http://i.imgur.com/b0LMhuV.jpg

32. Darkwing Duck
http://i.imgur.com/hvVXqOz.jpg

33. Policenauts
http://i.imgur.com/9hkod5m.jpg

34. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
http://i.imgur.com/lUCTRyF.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
No way I can possibly do this. I have no idea why I own 500 games.

I had set a goal to complete 50 games this year on Backloggery. What's another two games? I'm in.

Game 1: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Duel Destinies - 21:55
# Awesome writing, and the music was incredible. Bobby Fulbright's music should be used as hold music for the suicide hotline; it's so uplifting and makes me happy. I had only played the first Phoenix Wright, prior to this one, so some parts of the story were lost on me. Nothing major, though. Beaten January 1st.

Game 2: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - 47:44
# Excellent story, need Second Chapter NOW to see what happens. Fun battle system, mature dialogue without being "edgy," decent enough challenge to allow for a nice balance of grinding. Beaten January 15th.

Game 3: Earthbound - 31:24
# I love this game. The humor, writing, music, and charm is like no other game before or after it. It is extremely hard to play this game and not smile. I wish Mother 3 would come to the US. Beaten January 20th.

Game 4: Cloudberry Kingdom - 12:52
# I love these super hard platformer games like this and Super Meat Boy. I like that this one included multiplayer. My eyes really started to hurt from tuning out the irrelevant obstacles. The plane levels were my favorite, probably. Beaten January 26th.

Game 5: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - 15:59
# Very similar to Link's Awakening gameplay, so no complaints there. Story was better than LA, though, I'd say. Standard Zelda quality. Beaten January 28th.

Game 6: Fallout 3 - 29:12
# I really loved the first 15 hours, exploring the Wasteland, finding abandoned houses and stores and such. The gameplay was not that great, however, and combined with the annoying Capitol Mall area that I got lost in, and a glitched quest, it killed my desire to keep playing the game. Four years after having last played it, I came back with the goal of just beating the main storyline and if I still wanted to, coming back to the game later to do the sidequests. Worked out well and I enjoyed it. Beaten January 29th.

Game 7: The Stanley Parable - 0:56
# Withholding rating until I've explored more endings. So far, it's very Portal-ish, which is not a bad thing at all. Beaten February 15th.

Game 8: Gone Home - 1:58
# Well-written, well-acted story that I'm sure many people will be able to relate to. The atmosphere was incredible. I spent the first hour of the game terrified to turn every corner until I learned what the game was about, since I knew nothing going in. The sense of foreboding and impending doom is so strong, I kept expecting gruesome revelations. Beaten February 15th.

Game 9: To the Moon - 3:00
# Controls were garbage, but that's not the point of this game. Awesome writing. Funny, sad, unique. Very good. Loved the references to all manner of things, and the parodies/mocking of traditional games. Beaten February 16th.

Game 10: NES Remix - 9:03
# The controls are too laggy, takes too long to reset after a failure, and some of the mechanics for some games have not aged well at all. That being said, it's a great idea and with some refinement and better games, NES Remix II could be great. Also, Ice Climbers can burn in hell for all I care. Beaten February 23rd.

Meh, I play a crap ton of games so I'll give it a shot. Course I'll probably forget I'm giving it a shot 5 hours from now and never update but I'll reserve a post just Incase.

~Completed~
Game 1: Star Fox 64 3D - 4-5 hours
Completed the Hard, Medium, and Easy difficulty paths.

Game 2: Guild Wars 2 - No idea how long that took
"Beat" Guild Wars 2, which to me means killing Zhaitan. Even though I didn't finish all the story quests - my friend did though so that's why I finally did the story mode for that.

Game 3: Shogun Total War 2 - 4-5 hours
Finally beat my friend in a round (I suck at strategy games xD)

Game 4: The Last of Us - I think it only took 15 hours or so, don't feel like checking
Honestly wasn't impressed tbh; the visuals were top notch of course but the gameplay wasn't very fun to me and the story didn't impress me.

Game 5: Dark Souls 2 - Around 70 hours
Defeated all the bosses (including optionals), spent all my boss souls, leveled up my weapons to max, got to around SL 180 SM 4 million. Started NG+ but I don't think I'll keep with it.

Game 6: OoT 3D - Regular quest

Game 7: The Stanley Parable - All the endings

Game 8: Metal Gear Solid 3 HD

Games In Progress:
Slender: The Arrival - On the last level with my friends, we'll probably try to finish it in October with the Oculus Rift >:D
FTL
Final Fantasy X
The Swapper
A game of Civ 5
Torchlight 2 with friends
The Banner Saga
Kid Icarus Uprising - 9 levels in
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - 4 levels in

Games I'm considering over the summer:
All the "main" MGS games
The Mass Effect series
All the 3D Zelda games
Half Life 2 with the Oculus Rift
Euro Truck Simulator with the Oculus Rift
Persona 3 and 4
Dragon's Dogma
Pokemon

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Hopefully this'll get me off my ass to finish some games!

Game 1: Killzone: Shadow Fall - ~10 hours
Finally finished the campaign of this. The further I got into the campaign the more bitter and annoyed I became with the game. Pretty game, but a campaign that gets worse the further you go on. Also, lol at the ending, yeesh.

Game 2: Batman: Arkham Origins - ~12 Hours
Best story out of the entire trilogy for sure. A lot of things felt samey, but the story more than made up for that. Much better VA for Batman this time around too.

Game 3: rain - ~6 Hours
Cute little game, enjoyed it quite a bit. Didn't really understand the ending, though.

Game 4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - ~22 Hours
So, so much better than 3. Awesome gameplay all around. Kenway's story was actually enjoyable and had quite a good ending.

Game 5: Rage - ~11 Hours
Picked this up long ago and stopped right before the final mission. Man, was that game just a glorified tech demo. Great gunplay and enemy AI/animations though.

theDeeDubs

Game 1: Minecraft (PS3) - ~25 hours
# Rapping this up but I'll be coming back to this off and on.

Game 2: NAME - DURATION PLAYED
# INSERT INFO AND COMMENTS HERE

Game 3: NAME - DURATION PLAYED

WaltJay

Game 1: Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 17 hours played
Finished single player campaign and achieved every character's ending in Battle mode

Game 2: Civilization V - 21 hours played
Finished a campaign through Domination Victory. Obviously, I will be playing this game much more, but I think one full play-through deserves a slot on my list.

Game 3: Gone Home - 1.5 hours played
Finished the campaign. Well that didn't take long! An interesting experience, nonetheless.

Game 4: The Typing of the Dead: Overkill- 4.7 hours played
Without the power of Mavis Beacon, I don't think I would have been able to finish the single player campaign.

Game 5: The Walking Dead Season 1 with 400 Days DLC - 13 hours played
I played the first season on Xbox, but I wanted my decisions to carry over to Season 2. The second play through wasn't as impactful as the first, but it still felt like time well-spent. On to season 2!

Game 6: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara- 2.8 hours played
Games sure were short back when I was young! Glad I got this one when it was on sale.

Game 7: Gears of War Judgment- 10 hours played
Finished the main campaign, the Aftermath campaign DLC, and some multiplayer. I haven't played this game in a long time; maybe that's why it felt more enjoyable than when I first started it. It's been awhile since I started the game and the very long break sure helped. I did enjoy returning to the Gears universe, even if the game wasn't up to the original trilogy's standards.

Game 8: Batman Arkham City GOTY - Harley Quinn's Revenge- 3 hours played
Completed DLC campaign. I thought it was an interesting prologue story and I look forward to the next Rocksteady Arkham game.

Game 9: Batman Arkham Origins plus Cold, Cold Heart DLC- 31 hours played
Single player main campaign and Cold, Cold Heart DLC finished. While it isn't quite up to Arkham City's level, I thought this entry was very solid. The DLC campaign was also very well done. Overall the game looked and played great. I thought the music was fantastic as well. And I only got 1 game-ending bug!

Game 10: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified- 10 hours played
Finished the single player campaign, including the side missions. I thought the game was pretty fun; granted, it ripped off Mass Effect in more than one way, but that's not a bad thing. I'm not a huge XCOM fan so I don't know if the story was good or bad, but it kept me engaged enough to push through to the end.

Game 11: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - 10 hours played
Finished single player campaign and two DLC missions--Ghost Stream and Blade Wolf. Can we get Platinum to make all the games? I didn't mind the absurd story because the in-between was filled with Platinum magic.

Game 12: Bioshock Infinite Burial At Sea Episode 1 & 2 - 5 hours played
Finished both DLC campaigns. I finished the SP on 360 and finished the DLC on the PC. I think I'll have to consult a wiki to make sure I understand everything, but my guess is that life is a flat circle.

Game 13: Max Payne 3 - 9 hours played
Finished the single player campaign. I usually don't complain about a large amount of content, but this game felt way too long. Maybe because the schtick wore off halfway through. The back half of the game felt the a complete chore, but overall I enjoyed it.

Game 14: The Wolf Among Us - 10 hours played
I finished all five episodes. As someone that has never read Fables, I enjoyed this quite a bit--much more than I thought I would. I really enjoyed the art direction and music. I hope they make a season two.

Game 15: Titanfall - 3 hours played
I played all of the Training and Campaign Maps. Not sure if that counts as the single player. I continue to play the other maps in traditional multiplayer.

Game 16: Mass Effect 3 Leviathan DLC - 3 hours played
Completed the entire DLC. Although I completed it years after I finished the SP campaign, I thought it was a really interesting addition to the story. One day when the other story DLC goes on sale, I'll play them too.

Game 17: Stanley's Parable - 1 hour played
I played it through a few times; I'll try it some more as I'm not sure if I *got* this game or not. Is it a snarky disembodied voice simulator?

Game 18: The Walking Dead Season Two - 9 hours played
It had a lo to live up to, but in the end, I enjoyed (if that's the right word) it. I look forward to the next season.

dcassell

Banned
Boy, I've already picked up and dropped a few games that just didn't work out this year. I think I'm getting more on track to playing stuff I'm really interested in now.

Game 1: Final Fantasy: Theatrythm - 6:45 FINISHED
Beat the main 13 game story mode once on Normal, once on Master, and now I am unlocking all the Ultimate stuff. Very fun music game, but after playing it so much the past two days, I'm giving it a break. I'll pick it up here and there, but considering I beat the game twice, I think I will call it completed, and have it be a standby time waster for later this year.

Game 2: Mario 3D World - 12:00 FINISHED
Pretty good game. By the end, I was getting kind of tired of the gameplay mechanics, but I had a great time overall. Some real challenges in those final levels! I didn't 100% it, but the game didn't really make me want to.

Game 3: The Stanley Parable - 3:00 FINISHED
Quick one to put onto the list. Got all of the endings except for the obvious one that I don't want to put the time into. Amazing game. While it was short, very much worth the $9 I paid for it.

Game 4: Diablo III - 22:00 (kinda) FINISHED
I bought this the day it came out, and just finished it. After picking it up and putting it down 3 times, I got about 3/4 through a year ago. Christmas break ended, and I put it down again. Tried to pick it up once or twice, but got distracted by WoW. Just logged back into my 3/4 done character, and beat the last quarter in one sitting. Fun stuff. I can see where the fan hate comes from, but I did enjoy my time with the game. If I was a more involved multiplayer guy, I could see myself getting very into it, but I'm happy just finishing on normal. Will probably go into Diablo 2 at some point this year, yet again.

Game 5: Assassin's Creed IV - 25:00 FINISHED
And with that, I am on track. Played through about half of this when I got my PS4, and finally polished it off. Pretty good game. Drags a TON near the end, but I kept trying to get everything I could and eventually gave that up and just finished the story. Setting it aside for a month helped me enjoy it more.

Game 6: God of War I - 9:30 FINISHED
While the ending sequences dragged a bit, and I was ready for the end during the last part of the huge temple, the game was overall pretty fun. Basic, but the design of the world really appealed to me. I loved when you came back to Athens at the end and you get to see previous areas again in a new light. Very cool game. Going to play 2 very soon.

Game 7: Pokemon Y - 28:00 FINISHED
A pretty good pokemon game. My only issue was that I didn't die once the entire campaign, but it still felt great to steam roll everything with my team.

Game 8: Bravely Default - 42:35 FINISHED
I was extremely hyped for this game. I loved the first 30 hours, but ooooof, people who played know what comes after that statement. A solid JRPG. One of the only games I've hit max level in, and that was pretty satisfying.

Game 9: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 3:20 FINISHED
What an awesome experience. I loved how much emotion this game built without the use of real dialogue, and the end was actually really touching. Loved it.

Game 10: Half Life 2 - 2:00
Playing through this old favorite again on PC rather than my Xbox. Looks incredible in 1080P, and the design was way ahead of its time. Awesome to see how it inspired so many games after its release.

Game 11: Tearaway - 5:00 FINISHED
A very cool experience. Gameplay felt a little bit repetitive here and there, but overall the ending and the charm just made this game awesome for me.

Game 12: South Park SOT - 12:00 FINISHED
An amazing game. I loved every minute I played of this, and I accidentally played through all of it in two sittings. I haven't been able to play a game for that long in awhile, and I plan to do it again soon.

Game 13: Dark Souls 2 - 36:00 FINISHED
Just wow. I spent about a week just diving into Dark Souls 2, and I don't think I've enjoyed a game that much since I played through Dark Souls 1. Definitely a bit of a step back from DS1 in terms of world design, but I was too busy having fun to really notice the lack of "wow" in some of the areas. Really happy I was able to get through all of it. Every other Souls game has made me replay the beginning numerous times until I "get" it, and this one was a perfect level of hard for me. Some people may complain about that, but I loved every minute of this game.

Game 14: Dragon Quest V - 34:32 FINISHED
Great old school stuff. Story felt a lot like FF IV (in terms of writing/translation/lack thereof compared to modern JRPGS), and I liked that. It was a game really focused on the gameplay rather than cutscenes, something really refreshing after playing Persona a while back. I loved it. Just the right length, although there was a pretty significant grind towards the end after the story advances to a certain point in time (I probably spent about 4+hours grinding for the final battle/equips/best monsters). However, the final stuff was all great and not TOO cheap to pad out the ending. I loved just about everything in this game, and have picked up DQVI for play later this summer.

Game 15: Metal Gear Sold: Ground Zeroes - 3:00 FINISHED
The gameplay is great in this one, but so very short. Gets me pumped for MGS5. Very excited to hear details at E3!

Stanng243

Game 1: Knack - Beaten on Hard
# 57% Trophies earned

Game 2: WalkingDead Vita - Chapter 1-5+400 days
100% Trophies

Game 3: Skylanders Swap Force- Finished on Hard
52% Trophies

Game 4: Batman Arkham Origins - Story Finished
26% Trophies

Game 5:God Of War: Ascension - Beaten on Hard
100% Trophies

Game 6: Walking Dead Season 2 PS3 - Season 1
100% Trophies

Game 7: Skylanders Giant - Finished on Easy, Normal and Nightmare
100% Trophies

Game 8: Wolf Among Us Ps3 - Season 1
100% Trophies

Game 9: Rain Ps3 - Completed
100% Trophies

Game 10: Puppeteer- Completed
38% Trophies

Game 11: Soul Sacrifice- Magusar defeated
87% Trophies

Game 12: Dangan Ronpa Trigger Happy Havoc Completed
100% Trophies

Game 13: South Park: the stick of truth Completed
100% Trophies

Game 14: Virtue's last reward Completed
100% trophies

Game 15: Infamous Second son Completed
76% trophies

Game 16: Uncharted: Golden Abyss completed
100% trophies

Game 17: Uncharted: Fight for Fortune Completed
100% trophies

Game 18: Lego Legends of Chima completed
100% trophies

Game 19: Sound Shapes for Vita Completed
100% trophies

Game 20: Jurassic Park Chapters 1-4 completed
100% trophies

Game 21: Burgertime World Tour Completed
50% trophies

Game 22: God Of War 1 Vita completed
72% trophies

Game 23: Watch Dogs PS4 Completed
73% trophies

Game 24: Assassin's Creed Liberation PSVita completed
100% trophies

Game 25: Doki-Doki Universe completed
100% trophies

Game 26: Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate completed
100% trophies

Game 27: Stick it to the Man completed
86% trophies

Game 28: Lego Marvel: Universe in Peril PSVita: completed
100% trophies

Game 29: Lego Marvel PS4: completed
100% trophies

Game 30: Back to the future Chapters 2-5: completed
100% trophies

Game 31: Mass Effect Beaten on Normal: completed
63% trophies

Game 32: Infamous First Light: completed
42% trophies

Game 33:Stealth Inc: completed
62% trophies for the core game

Game 34: Wonderbook book of spells: completed
100% trophies

Game 35: Murasaki Baby: completed
100% trophies

Game 36: Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair: completed
100% trophies

Game 37: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and punishment completed
72% trophies

Game 38: Disney Infinity 2.0 PS3 completed
100% trophies

Game 39: God of war 2 PSvita completed
88% trophies

Game 40: Sacra Terror: Kiss of Deatj completed
100% trophies

Game 41: Skylander trap team completed
72% trophies

Game 42: Thomas was alone completed
100% trophies

Game 43: The Lego Movie Video Game completed
100% trophies

Game 44: Home PSVita completed
100% trophies

Game 45: Lego Batman 3 completed
100% trophies

Game 46: Batman Arkham origins Blackgate completed
100% trophies

Game 47: Lego The Hobbit completed
100% trophies

Game 48: Never Alone completed
100% trophies

Game 49: Saints Row 4 completed
ripped off Zinyak's head
59% trophies in the main game

Game 50: The Raven Chapters 1-3 completed
100% trophies

Game 51: Entwined Story Mode completed
52% trophies

Game 52: Senran kagura: Bon Apetit All Story Modes completed
73% trophies

Game 1: SteamWorld Dig -3DS - 5:35 1/12 (COMPLETED)
Grabbed a few upgrades so far, it's like a hybrid of Metroid and Terraria. Way shorter than I would've liked it to be. Just when the game starts really building up momentum it's over. Great game though, would strongly recommend checking it out any way you can.

Game 2: God of War: Ascension -PS3 - 7:19 1/13 (COMPLETED)
Beat it on normal difficulty, a little shorter than I expected but fun none the less. Experienced a number of bugs that I wouldn't have expected. Gameplay wise it wasn't the best GoW IMO. Still think the best in the series is III followed closely by II.

Game 3: DmC -PS3 - Got to the end of the prologue, too early for comments on this one.

Game 4: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -PC - Played through two of the chapters so far. about 3 hours.
This is my second time playing this one, I double dipped on PC and wanted to play it again. I have read about some problems people are having with the port but I haven't had any so I've been able to enjoy this title for a second run.

Game 5: Tomb Raider (2013) -PC - 11:07 1/25 (COMPLETED)

Game 6: Resident Evil 6 -PC - Finished Jake campaign, on last chapter of Chris and Leon campaigns.

Game 7: Mario Golf -GBA - Finished all of the singles tournaments, halfway done with doubles.

Game 8: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons -PS3

Game 9: Castle Storm -Wii U

Game 10: Lost Planet 2 -PC

Game 11: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon -PC

Game 12: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 -PC - (COMPLETED) Took 19 hours on Normal got 68% completion. Not as hard as the first one IMO, for as long as it was in development it was disappointing how much backtracking there was. I did prefer this open world setup to the chapters from the first game though.

Game 13: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls -PC - (COMPLETED) Currently able to solo T2.

Game 14: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater -PS3 (COMPLETED) - Still my favorite entry in the series so far.

Game 15: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker -PS3 (COMPLETED) - Really liked what new things they tried with this entry, looks like it was prrof of concept for some of the things they are doing with The Phantom Pain

Game 16: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes -PS4 (COMPLETED) - Played all of the missions and have to say if they have improved the mechanics from this game for TPP then it's gonna be a whole lot of fun.

Game 17: Infamous: Second Son -PS4 (COMPLETED) Got Platinum trophy, great game. I couldn't stop playing it.

Game 18: Bravely Default -3DS

Game 19: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy -3DS

Game 20: Magicka -PC

Game 21: Hitman Go -iPad

Game 22: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze -WiiU

Game 23: ZombiU -WiiU(COMPLETED) - 12:57 - Started this on launch day of the WiiU and just finished it today. Overall this is one of the better survival horror games of recent years. There is always great atmosphere and tension due to the penalty of losing a survivor. Sucks there won't be a follow up to iron out some of the quirks and make this concept better.

Game 24: Splinter Cell: Blacklist -WiiU

Game 25: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Directors Cut -WiiU

Game 26: Child of Light -WiiU

ScribbleD

Reserving my spot. Gonna go for the hat trick and do this + the movie/book challenge from off-topic. Miserable failure here I come!

Game 1: Trials: Evolution - 16 hours

Game 2: Batman: Arkham Asylum - 11 hours

Game 3: Mega Man X5 - 2.5 hours

Game 4: Resistance: Fall of Man - 10 hours

Game 5: Journey - 1 hour

Game 6: The Wolf Among Us episode 1 - 2 hours

Game 7: Silent Hill 2 - 8 hours

Game 8: Aero the Acro-bat - 3 hours

Game 9: DmC: Devil May Cry - 7 hours

Game 10: Ikaruga - 1 hour

Game 11: Dark Souls 2 - 40 hours

Game 12: South Park: The Stick of Truth - 12 hours

Game 13: The Ball - 4 hours

Game 14: Silent Hill 3 - 3 hours

Game 15: LittleBigPlanet - 4.5 hours

Game 16: Electronic Super Joy - 2 hours

Game 17: BIT.TRIP.FATE - 2.5 hours

Game 18: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - 4.5 hours

Game 19: Super Mario: 3D World - 11 hours

Game 20: Among the Sleep - 2 hours

Game 21: Batman: Arkham Origins - 10 hours

Game 22: Typing of the Dead: Overkill - 3 hours

Game 23: Transistor - 5 hours

Game 24: Monster Loves You - .5 hours

Game 25: Cave Story - 5 hours

Game 26: F.E.A.R 3 - 4 hours

Game 27: Pokemon Y - 16 hours

Game 28: Mega Man X6 - 2.5 hours

Game 29: Strider - 6 hours

Game 30: Wonderful 101 - 12.5 hours

Game 31: Knack - 8 hours

Game 32: Trials: Fusion - 4.5 hours

Game 33: Among the Sleep - 1.5 hours

Game 34: Shadow Warrior - 9 hours

Game 35: Shovel Knight - 4 hours

Game 36: Call of Duty 4 - 5 hours

Game 37: Guacamelee - 4.5 hours

Game 38: 30 Flights of Loving - 13 minutes

Game 39: Shadow of the Colossus - 5 hours

Game 40: Resident Evil 4 - 12 hours

Game 41: Silent Hill 4 - 9 hours

Game 42: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 7 hours

Game 43: Devil May Cry 4 - 10 hours

Game 44: Broken Age: Act 1 - 2 hours

Game 45: Braid - 3 hours

Game 46: Child of Light - 10 hours

Game 47: A Link to the Past - 6 hours

Game 48: Sine Mora - 2.5 hours

Game 49: Contrast - 4 hours

Game 50: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - 15 hours

Game 51: Beyond: Two Souls - 6 hours

Game 52: Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 16 hours

Tyrael

I really want to do this, I could just finish 25 games this year and my backlog is currently at around 80 games.

Game 1: Assassins Creed III - ~ 24 hours
The weakest of the series IMO.

Game 2: Sine Mora - 2.5 hours
A very good horizontal shooter, but a bit confuse storywise.

Game 3: Bioshock Infinite - Burial at the Sea Ep.1 DLC - 3 hours
Don't know if this aplies beeing a DLC, but it was very awesome and I'm really looking foward for the Ep.2. :)

Game 4: Bulletstorm - 10 hours
A really fun FPS with nice graphics and good mechanics. The cursing could be a bit exagerated.

Game 5: Metal Gear Rising - 8 hours
The best action game I have played since Bayonetta. I want a sequel!!

Game 6: The Super Shinobi (Revenge of the Shinobi) - 1.5 hours

Game 7: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist - 1.5 hours

Game 8: Streets of Rage 2 - 1.5 hours

Game 9: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate- 3.5 hours

Game 10: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD - 8 hours

Game 11: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - 18 hours

Game 12: Thunder Force V - 40 minutes

Game 13: Thunder Force VI - 45 minutes

Game 14: Rain - 5 hours

Game 15: Mega Man 10 - 2 hours

Game 16: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 5 hours

Game 17: Gunman Clive - 2 hours

Game 18: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - 10 hours

Game 19: Super Mario 3D Land - 12 hours

Game 20: Dante's Inferno - 8 hours

Game 21: 999 - 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - 20 hours

Game 22: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - 4 hours

Game 23: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition

Game 24: Castle of Illusion (Remake) - 3 hours

Game 25: Gears of War: Judgement - 8 hours

Game 26: Bioshock Infinite: Burial at the Sea Ep.2 DLC - 4 hours

Game 27: House of The Dead: Overkill - 4 hours

Game 28: Jamestown - 3 hours

Game 29: Broken Age: ACT 1 - 4 hours

Game 30: Contrast - 3 hours

Game 31: Yoshi's Island DS - 10 hours

Game 32: God of War: Ascencion - 9 hours

Game 33: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 28 hours

Game 34: Soul Calibur V - 3 hours

Game 35: Parodius: Non-Sense Fantasy - 1.5 hours

Game 36: Hydrophobia Prophecy - 4 hours

Game 37: Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - 39 hours

Game 38: Mercs - 1 hour

Game 39: The Swapper - 8 hours

Game 40: Asura's Wrath + All DLC - 12 hours

Game 41: Batman (NES) - 2 hours

Game 42: Batman: Arkham Origins - 24 hours

Game 43: Destiny - 12 hours

Game 44: Shin Megami Tensei IV - 60 hours

Game 45: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution - 2 hours

Game 46: Injustice - 5 hours

Game 47: Ryse: Son of Rome - 6 hours

Game 48: Portal 2 - 8 hours

Game 49: Beyond Good & Evil HD - 14 hours

Game 50: Red Dead Redemption - 28 hours

Game 51: Pupeteer - 12 hours

Game 52: Gone Home - 2 hours

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Well I'll make my start date 12/28/13

Game 1:
steam world dig - (started 12/28/13; completed 12/30/13; playtime 6:26) [comments: great addictive game. Not necessarily metroidvania but it doesn't entirely try to be]

Game 2:
Legend of Zelda: oracle of ages - (started 12/28/13; completed ##/##/##; playtime ##:##)

Game 3:
Mario and luigi: dream team - (started 12/28/13; completed ##/##/##; playtime ##:##)

Game 4:
DKCR 3D - (started 2/8/14; completed 02/17/14; playtime 11:45) [comments: great platformer. I'm ready for DKC TF!]

Game 5:
Pokemon X - (started #/##/##; completed #/##/##; playtime ##:##

Game 6:
DKC: TP - (started 2/21/14; completed 3/1/14; playtime 10:42) [comments: better than the first. David wise dah God]

Claiming this spot. I don't know if I'll be able to do it, but I will try!

Game 1: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
Loved it.

Game 2: Dark Souls 2 (PC)
Loved it.

Game 3: Call of Duty Ghosts (PS4)
It was alright. Nothing special.

Game 4: Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
Disappointed in this game. It was extremely boring compared to KZ2 and KZ3 for me.

Game 5: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
Loved it. Can't wait for The Phantom Pain!

Game 6: Titanfall (PC)
Made it to Generation 9, level 50. The game is very fun but there just isn't enough content for me.

Game 7: Mirror's Edge (PC)
Replay. Spent a lot of time taking screenshots.

Game 8: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PC)
100% sync in the singleplayer, didn't touch the MP.

Game 9: Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry (PC)
An enjoyable, yet short game that uses AC4's mechanics. Loved it.

Game 10: Battlefield 3 [Started in 2011] (PC)
Despite owning BF4 and playing that for more already, I still kept coming back to BF3. Something about it was magical. I decided to stop playing BF3 though once second assault released for BF4.

Game 11: Deus Ex: Human Revolution [Started in 2013] (PC)
Loved it.

Game 12: Assassin's Creed Liberation (PC)
I'm a big fan of AC, but this game sucked. Got 100% sync.

Game 13: Destiny (PS4)
My vote for worst game of 2014. It's as bad as Borderlands. I was so hyped for it.

Game 14: Halo 2 (PC)
It's my favorite Halo game. Replayed the campaign and also hopped into multiplayer for a bit. Took some screenshots too.

Game 15: Ryse: Son of Rome (XBONE)
I got it on sale with my Xbox One. Addicting and entertaining. Loved it.

Game 16: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (XBONE)
Loved it.

Game 17: Forza Horizon 2 (XBONE)
Not a big fan of racers, but this game was pretty fun.

Game 18: Halo 2 Anniversary SP (XBONE)
I thought it looked very good, though there were some glaring FPS issues at points.

Game 19: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XBONE)
A fun little multiplayer game, though it's nothing special IMO.

Game 20: The Last of Us: Remasterd (PS4)
Replay. Loved it.

Game 21: Resogun (PS4)
A fun little game, though it wasn't very replayable for me.

Game 22: GTA V (XBONE)
I beat this game on PS3 and didn't really like it, so I gave it another chance. The FPS mode is cool but I still don't care for this game.

Game 23: Alien: Isolation (PC)
Loved it.

Game 24: The Stanley Parable (PC)
Loved it.

Game 25: The Witcher 2 (PC)
I tried to love it but I couldn't. The combat is really bad and I had an issue that wouldn't let me progress further in the game. 19 hours.

Game 26: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC)
Didn't like it.

Game 27: Tomb Raider 2013 (PC)

Game 28: Red Faction: Guerrilla (X360)
Loved the destructible environments. Can't wait to replay it on PC.

Game 29: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)
It was okay. I'm not a big fan of super heroes and the combat was really boring.

Game 30: Batman: Arkham City (PC)
It was okay. I'm not a big fan of super heroes and the combat was really boring.

Game 31: Borderlands (PC)
Bland gunplay. Bland enemies. Bland environments. Too much loot. It outstayed its welcome.

Game 32: Borderlands 2 (PC)
Bland gunplay. Bland enemies. Bland environments. Too much loot. Funny characters were the only plus.

Game 33: Call of Duty 4 (PC)
Replayed the campaign and spent a bunch of time in the multiplayer. This is still my favorite COD.

Game 34: Dead Space 3 (PC)
Loved it.

Game 35: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC)
Played the multiplayer. It's a very fun game and it has some great maps.

Game 36: Far Cry 2 (PC)

Game 37: Dishonored (X360)
Loved it. Planning to replay it on PC.

Game 38: Crysis 3 (PS3)
Replay. Looked and ran way worse than the PC version, though I expected it. The gameplay was still as fun as it ever was.

Game 39: Crysis 3 (PC)
Replay. Looked amazing and it was pretty fun.

Game 40: Battlefield 4 (PC)
Played tons of it and loved every DLC. My time in the CTE was even better than the original game. I think I'm done though.

Game 41: Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Gave up. The combat was horrible and ruined my enjoyment of the story.

Game 42: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary SP (X360)
Replayed on Legendary.

Game 43: Dragon Age: Inquisition (XBONE)
Lost interest. Bland combat.. Thankfully this was a rental.

Game 44: Watch Dogs (XBONE)

Game 45: Bad Rats (PC)
Redeemed it on accident. I actually liked it.

Game 46: BioShock Infinite (PC)
Replay. Loved it.

Game 47: BioShock Burial At Sea (Parts 1 and 2) (PC)
Loved it.

Game 48: BioShock (PC)
Replay. Loved it.

Game 49: Neotokyo (PC)
I love this game.

Game 50: Payday: The Heist (PC)
A fun little co-op game.

Game 51: Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
Hated it.

Game 52: State of Decay (+ DLC) (PC)
Really clunky. I didn't like it, though I do see why some might.

astuka

Neo Member
I'm in!

Game 1: Enclave - 1/1/14, 12:00 PM PST to tbd
Honestly, I don't know much about Enclave. The only part I do know about it is that it was gifted to me by a pleasant fellow awhile back and the most I've played of it was about the first level and nothing more. The game is pretty cheaply made, and I'm not sure if the creators are even still in business. Then again, I don't even remember who it's made by.

The gameplay is your basic 3D half-RPG, mostly hack and slash combat. The games pretty damn easy from what I remember, so I feel like it's a good start.

Game 2: Madden '08 (PSP) - 12/31/13, 5:04 PM PST to 1/5/14, 5:35 PM PST
A weird game to start early on, but god dammit I'll do it anyway. Madden 08 was (unfortunately) one of the first games I got with my Renegade Squadron PSP besides... well, Renegade Squadron. Since sports games are pretty much infinite, my goal with this one will be to play through ONE year of franchise and successfully win the Super Bowl. Seems easy enough, right? Well as a handicap, I'll be playing as the Eagles. Here's hoping I get somewhere!

Game 3: World of Warcraft - 1/2/14, 12:00 PM PST to tbd
Probably just going to play this one halfway (level 45). I honestly don't think I need to describe what WoW is...

Game 4: Transformers (PS2) - 1/6/14, 6:30 PM PST to tbd
Speedrunning for the lulz/in honor of AGDQ. I haven't actually played it besides the first two levels, but maybe I'll do good!

~~~~~~UPDATES~~~~~~
Day 1 of 365:
Going 6-0 with the Eagles so far in Madden 08. Best games so far have been 126-0 against the Redskins and 104-0 against the Lions. Since this one is the most arcadey of all the Madden games it'll probably be extremely easy to win; more of an endurance match then anything. DEFINITELY plan on beating this one first. So far in Enclave I've unlocked the druid, plan on playing it a bit more once I've finished some work.

Day 5 of 365:
First game beat! To be honest, it was only a matter of time until I beat Madden '08. Going to focus all my energy into Enclave before I choose a new set of games.

Gamerloid

I'll need to beat at least 1 game a week. Won't be easy with college being a factor. Let's do this. Good luck to all!

Game 1: NAME - DURATION PLAYED

qq more

oh neat, i've finished 53 games this year. I can go for that again! I've been planning to marathon the Mega Man games and include some of the fangames there but not right now. Hmmm, I wonder what I should tackle first though?

EDIT: Got a game!

Game 1: Saints Row IV - ??:??
#Going to 100% this game with my friend online.

Will do! RESERVED SUCKAHS!

Game 1: COD:Ghosts-all of the campaign
-In my HONEST opinion, the best COD single player story ever and it will go down as one of my favorite FPS stories. That's the truth. Glad I played the campaign but multiplayer sucks some butt.

Game 2: Kingdom Hearts 1- 34 hours
-AWESOME FREAKIN GAME! I loved it too death. The characters were great and the locations were cool too. Gameplay was solid and the story was good(if not a little loose).

Game 3: Killzone Shadow Fall- 9 hrs
-Great game to look at and the gameplay was great BUT as the story went on the game got worse. Especially that part in the final level where a whole crap ton of enemies swarmed the room. It was a decent game but Multiplayer is very good. Ending was pretty BLEH too.

Ruprit

Game 1: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - ~6 hours
# Short, but devoid of padding or filler. Lovely art and colors; a great B-tier action game.

Game 2: Lost Planet 3 - ~11 hours
# Highly underrated. "Alien" inspired with a great story, voice acting, dialogue and some beautiful environments. Gameplay is slow and a bit tired.

Game 3: Gundam Breaker - ~26 hours
# A wonderful Diablo-style game, albeit a but difficult items not being in English. I will likely return to complete the EX missions.

It's time to fail!... a year from now. 28 games completed.

Game 1: Atom Zombie Smasher (PC) - 10 hrs, Completed: several normal campaigns and one 20,000 point campaign won.
# Good arcadey fun, that's only dampened by the game's randomness at times. Not sure how I could stomach a hardcore, perma-death campaign. The game is a little too random to be fun in a rogue-like style of play, in my opinion. If only El Presidente could bother with more than a single helicopter. May return, but I've had my fun with it. Was utterly addicted for two afternoons.

Game 2: FTL: Faster Than Light (PC) - 10 hrs (on top of 7 already there, 17 total), Completed?
# Might have to treat roguelikes with the multiplayer rule, haha. Easy isn't too bad. Destroyed the flagship on my third try. And have beaten it several times since on Easy, even had a few runs where I ran over the flagship and took very little damage. Never been able to on Normal. It seems a little too luck based; it's very easy to make it far in Normal, but end up with a terrible configuration and get trounced by the cheap 4 shield, 4 weapon, huge crew "normal" enemies you face regularly in the last few sectors. I don't know if I'll play long enough to beat normal; that would require a lot of time I imagine, a combination of being on top of your game and a lot of good luck. I did unlock the Engi Stealth ship, Rock ship, Federation battlecruiser and the Zoltan ship though. Very fun game; might not be quite done with it for the time being.

Game 3: The Swapper (PC) - 4.5 hrs, Completed.
# Beautiful, haunting environments. Excellent puzzle design; only frustrated a couple times, because of a simple alteration of a mechanic I wasn't aware was possible. Great puzzler, intriguing story.

Game 4: Antichamber (PC) - 5.5 hrs, Completed.
# Explore a funhouse and solve puzzles along the way. Sounds good to me.

Game 5: Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches (PC) - 15 hours, Completed, twice.
#This was better than the main game, quite possibly. The first encounter with the witches is so tense. Very good.

Game 6: Corpse Party (PSP via Vita) - 8 hours?, Completed.
#Terrible as a game. Slightly interesting as a story. It's like Saw in a school with mostly uninteresting anime characters, and the main character is the usual I-only-want-to-help-all-my-friends male protag. It's so easy to fail (picking the wrong dialogue option will cause you to fail an hour later..), that I just resorted to playing through with a guide. I don't know why I wasted my time playing it, it's just cheap sadism/schadenfreude, and totally out of nowhere panty shots. I started up the sequel, and the story was they're stuck in a time loop, and we're doing it all again... really? After 20 minutes of mindlessly wandering the halls, hoping I'd trip over the next trigger to advance the story, I gave up and uninstalled both CPs. Bad games, mostly same-old characters, mildly interesting story.

Game 7: Bastion (PC) - 17 hours, Completed (edit: and completed New Game Plus).
#Thought I was done beating games for the year, because all I play lately is Street Fighter IV and Titanfall. Maybe this will be the start of another burst of single player. It took two partials playthroughs, but the game finally clicked with me, and I started to really enjoy it. Earned all the achievements except score attack. I'm done with the game now.

Game 8: Splinter Cell Conviction (PC) - 7 hours, Completed on Normal.
#It was okay, and I was terrible at the game. Didn't find it interesting enough to take at a prudent pace. I was the most incompetent, messy operative. I killed everyone by recklessly spraying bullets from my magical, bottomless pistol. Occasionally, I did something clever, don't you worry about that. But I was a murderous psychopath with a heart of gold, as I spared a character when given the choice. Redeemed, Sam retired to a quiet life of brooding in front of foreign cafes. This game also fried my sound card, or at least it decided to commit seppuku during my playthrough. Thanks, game!

Game 9: Murdered Soul Suspect (PS4) - ~12 hours, Completed. The measures of progression in this game are pretty accurately measured by trophies. I unlocked 81% of them. I completed the story and collected a lot of the collectibles. I missed out on the trophy for several categories by only a few, and one or two by a few hundred miles.
#I was very surprised by this one. I thought it'd be very mediocre, being a budget title. You can tell in some respects that it was rushed out, but overall it's worth a playthrough if you like cinematic story games like Walking Dead or Beyond: Two Souls. The dialogue and voice acting are actually quite good. That was probably the most surprising of all, but it didn't come off as low budget in that department. It's a fun game, marred by a few issues and lack of gameplay mechanics. It's a very simple game, if you don't like sparse, story games, I wouldn't play it. I really enjoyed it. The ending was not particularly interesting, unfortunately.

Game 10: Stick It to the Man! (PS4) - 8 hours ?, Completed.
#Had no idea what on Earth this game was, but it won me over. It's got the charm of Nightmare Before Christmas. Clever and well written dialogue and goofy story. Simple gameplay, but enjoyable as a story experience.

Game 11: Shadowrun Returns (PC) - 16 Hours, Dead Man's Switch completed (meaning original campaign completed).
#Really liked this game. Maybe a little too simple. That last mission was brutal. I didn't die, but I felt doomed the entire time. It was a marathon. Other than the last mission, I would say the game is too easy (I played on Hard). I enjoyed the world and the characters, enjoyed the slower parts injected between the missions. Played as a rigger.

Game 12: Flower (PS4) - 3 Hours, completed.
#Beautiful game. Fun for one or two level play sessions. The final level conveys a nice sense of triumph. Enjoyable, but too simple to complete in one or two sittings.

Game 13: Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall (PC) - 21 hours. DLC campaign completed.
#I already really dug this game, and Dragonfall is SOOO much better than the original campaign. So well put together. Everything was better: the moral grayness, the writing, the characters, the mission design. They added a little Mass Effect to the game, by giving you a permanent crew with development between missions. Played a mage this time. Very good. If large expansions count, this is my GOTY 2014 so far.

Game 14: Bionic Commando (PC) - 10 hours. Story mode completed.
#I went into this with no expectations. But it was hella fun. The skill based swinging and grappling was so amazing. I actually yelled out loud in excitement several times, because sometimes the game just makes you feel that bad ass. It's a bit janky, but I tend to like odd ball games with some kinks in 'em. The shooting is a bit weak, but the traversal makes the combat so fun I don't care. Haven't had this much dumb fun in an action game in a while. I can see why a lot of people wouldn't like it though, but I loved it. Beat it in only two sittings.

Game 15: Dungeon Siege III (PC) - 20 hours. Story mode completed with Anjali. Forgot I beat this around the time of Bastion.
#It's a fun little ARPG. I like the fact there are not potions, so you have to keep fighting to survive. It's not great or worth replaying, but it's fun enough.

Game 16: Peggle (PC) - 3 hours? Completed main game.
#It's Peggle. I've played the Half Life 2 and Team Fortress themed free version, the demos and the World of WarCraft mod. I finally played an actual full Peggle game. It's Peggle!. Fun, but a little mindless. Zen balls are cool; watching the computer calculate the best path is neat to watch.

Game 17: Contrast (PS4) - 4 hours. Completed.
#It's not too bad. Had a couple neat puzzles. It has control issues that get on my nerves.

Game 18: Infamous: Second Son (PS4) - 20 hours. Completed.
#I really enjoyed this game. It's a good length for what it offers. It's not worth replaying, and would need some serious steps up in mission design if it were any longer. It was solid. Good rental, but glad I didn't give in to my impulse to buy it.

Game 19: Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) - 30 hours. Completed, lvl 66 Barbarian.
#I killed Death in Reaper of Souls. Moving on to adventure mode, which I hear is awesome. I'm hopeful. The game is more addictive than fun. But when I find myself bored or wishing for a deeper game; switching characters is enough of a refresh to bring back the spark. Or I should stop playing 6 hour sessions. Maybe that's the problem.

Game 20: Ultra Street Fighter IV (PC, PS3) - About 500 hours by this point.
#Love this game to death. I started out having trouble just getting hadoukens to come out when I wanted. 500 hours later (what have I done with my life!?) and I can now do FADC combos in real matches. I understand fighting games much more than when I started, which makes them a treat to watch. I'm still terrible, but good enough to consistently enjoy myself. Currently, I'm trying to play Adon. Can always go back to Ryu. Other current rotation is Dee Jay, Decapre and Chun Li.

Game 21: Titanfall (PC) - 28 hours. Gen 2, level something... all challenges for regen completed.
#I really like this game. I only have so much time though, so I haven't played over 100 hours like those I see in the game's OT. Really like fighting in mechs and parkour.

Game 22: InFamous: First Light (PS4) - 8 hours? Completed and platinumed.
#

Game 23: Borderlands 2 (PC) - 31 hours. Completed with Mechromancer
#

Game 24: Mark of the Ninja (PC) - 5 hours. Completed.
#I have all the achievements and have beaten the game before. Did another run through for fun. Beat the main game and the DLC level. Went stealthy predator, using Path of the Hunter the whole game. Still a fun game.

Game 25: Steam World Dig: A Fistful of Dirt (PS4) - 5 hours. Completed.
#A nice short, simpler and focused Terraria with better platforming. Enjoyed the playthrough. Good game to play while listening to audiobooks or podcasts.

Game 26: The Wolf Among Us (PS3) - 8 hours? Completed.
#

Game 27: Little Big Planet 3 (PS4) - 5 hours. Completed story mode.
#They were not kidding about that being short. However, I think this is the most fun story mode I've played in LBP. Especially Swoop, they need Swoop DLC. The last two levels were amazing, if only the whole game had been that great, it'd be GOTY.

Game 28: Hearthstone (PC) - 15 hours. Played it a bunch.
#It's pretty fun, but I'm very hesitant about spending any money or continuing to invest time. It seems to suffer from Yu-gi-oh syndrome. The power creep of "expert" cards is too much. Seems like whoever spends the most money (or time) wins. My vanilla cards can't compete against a low mana minion that grants +1/+1 and taunt to TWO other minions and other such bullshit cards.

RPGamer92

Banned
Sure I'll try it. With 3DS, Wii U, New Consoles, and PS+ I should've have enough of a backlog to do this.

Game 1: NAME - DURATION PLAYED

Slixshot

Banned
LET'S DO THIS!

Game 1: Fire Emblem Awakening - 24:26
Game 2: Mark of the Ninja - 7 hours
Game 3: A Wolf Among Us Episode 1 - 1:56
Game 4: Hotline Miami (Vita) - 8 hours platinum'd
Game 5: Killzone Shadow Fall - 5 hours campaign 4 hours multi (will probs play more multi)
Game 6: The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 - 1:15
Game 7: The Last of Us - 35-40hours (Platinum'd)
Game 8: The Last of Us: Left Behind - 6 hours (100%)
Game 9: Transistor - 10 hours (Platinum'd)
Game 10: Strider - 14 hours (Platinum'd)
Game 11: Pokemon X - 24 hours
Game 12: InFamous First Light - 7 hours (Platinum'd)
Game 13: FEZ (PS4) - 13 hours (100%)
Game 14: Towerfall Ascension - 20 hours

ranmafan

Ok I'll join this. I think 52 can be easy for me this year.

Game 1: Final Fantasy X - HD Remaster - Vita and PS3 - 35 hours so far
# Starting with a classic. I may go for the platinum on this one. But not sure yet.

Game 2: Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 (aka Yakuza 4) - PS3 - 50 hours - Completed
#Worked my way through this while playing FFX. Awesome as all games in the series are.

Game 3: Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 - PS3 - 1 hour so far
#Just started the game. Amazed by all the improvements.

Game 4: Deadpool - PS3 - 2 hours so far
#Surprisingly fun action game thats incredibly hilarious.

Game #5: South Park The Stick of Truth - PS3 - 20 hours - Completed
#Hilarious and awesome game in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom