• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zodiac Boys

A bunch of short stories of what if the Dragon and Rabbit from the Chinese Zodiac were dating each other and of course were bishounen.

A wide range of some were pretty cute to some were ok.

Sawattemo Ii kana 2
tumblr_mywswoTWog1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Even if it hadnt had an update since the early part of 2013 it still was extremely memorable. The tale of Masami and Shirou and their case of stumbling in on their brothers having passionate action scene in the room is still something unforgettable and then their dilemma of being awakened and trying to cope with their own feelings provide good drama further enhanced and explored in this the second chapter. Shirou and how he had to deal with is feelings and even expressing some desire for Masami enough to actually get caught in the moment and have to use the laundry for the sticky situation after experiencing such an intense reaction from visualizing them together after simply holding hands and then Masami as well though wanting to get much closer with Shirou and using the bathroom for that moment, provide tons of good moments for me. I hope things can improve but Shirou going the gf route is pretty saddening. Hopefully she says no so that Masami can try to get him.

Senyuu 2 37

ak4PSIql.jpg

Drawing Senyuu is hard.

Senyuu 2 38

FAI5Hcrl.jpg

Oh god, what power. Nooooooo!

Senyuu 2 39

YtVYrpAl.jpg

Love at first sight (again) knows no distance.

Senyuu 2 40

6Kh4nogl.jpg

I don't want to work but I don't want to stop getting paid. Ah, the troubles of being an adult.

Soma

The Dream of an Elephant (Oneshot)

Can't say I would've ever expected to see a short story showing the relationship between Joseph Merrick (The Elephant Man) and Jack the Ripper but coming from someone like Dowman Saymen, it actually feels really natural.

Intriguing, sad, and oddly romantic.

minty_jpg

Sawattemo Ii kana 2
tumblr_mywswoTWog1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Even if it hadnt had an update since the early part of 2013 it still was extremely memorable. The tale of Masami and Shirou and their case of stumbling in on their brothers having passionate action scene in the room is still something unforgettable and then their dilemma of being awakened and trying to cope with their own feelings provide good drama further enhanced and explored in this the second chapter. Shirou and how he had to deal with is feelings and even expressing some desire for Masami enough to actually get caught in the moment and have to use the laundry for the sticky situation after experiencing such an intense reaction from visualizing them together after simply holding hands and then Masami as well though wanting to get much closer with Shirou and using the bathroom for that moment, provide tons of good moments for me. I hope things can improve but Shirou going the gf route is pretty saddening. Hopefully she says no so that Masami can try to get him.

Thanks for sharing this. I really liked that the "sex" didn't get too graphic, it's hard to find a good yaoi story without the corny manga sex.

I didn't like the part where Masami aroused Shirou by commenting on his dream from the night before. I felt it was out of character.

But that cliffhanger though...gah!!

dumbyugi

Gunka no Balzer 1-12

Really good stuff so far. It took me a few chapters to get used to the art but I don't hate it. I hope it continues to be as enjoyable to read as I keep reading.

Protag

Banned
Whats the concensus on Trigun Maximum? Loved tenfirst two volumes, and kind of like to think it could have ended there.

I disnt get too far in Maximum, liked it, and was wondering if its worth it to collect volumes 1-14

Soma

Whats the concensus on Trigun Maximum? Loved tenfirst two volumes, and kind of like to think it could have ended there.

I disnt get too far in Maximum, liked it, and was wondering if its worth it to collect volumes 1-14

I liked it better than the anime but I haven't really watched/read either in a really long time.

Things got kinda weird and a little confusing towards the end but I enjoyed Trigun Maximum quite a bit.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say MangaGAF, this might seem like a weird question but, is there a romance manga where the "winning couple" is not readily apparent from like, the 1st chapter and all that? I mean, where the readers can't easily guess who is gonna get paired with who.

Say MangaGAF, this might seem like a weird question but, is there a romance manga where the "winning couple" is not readily apparent from like, the 1st chapter and all that? I mean, where the readers can't easily guess who is gonna get paired with who.

What about that one where the chick goes back in time and transforms into a dog to prevent a car accident?

LeleSocho

Banned

Oh boy, i better skip responses to this post.
SenaXMamori 4 evah

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95918149]What about that one where the chick goes back in time and transforms into a dog to prevent a car accident?[/QUOTE]

What's the title?

upandaway

Are you asking for recommendations or just in general? Because the only thing I can think about is
Molester Man
but you already read that

dumbyugi

Ichigo 100% comes to mind though that's a little different to what you're after. Also Eyeshield 21 isn't a romance series but I'll mention it just for Lele.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Are you asking for recommendations or just in general? Because the only thing I can think about is
Molester Man
but you already read that

Recommendations. I felt like reading something in the romance genre that is unlike the typical norm.

Or, maybe not strictly romance manga but manga with romance in them, that would be fine too.

Mozaik Role 01

Manga series based off vocaloid songs seems to be the new rage now, which interest me so.

Not much in the first chapter, besides an interesting dream and how this story will be themed around doppelgangers. Looks interesting at least.

upandaway

Recommendations. I felt like reading something in the romance genre that is unlike the typical norm.

Or, maybe not strictly romance manga but manga with romance in them, that would be fine too.
Atypical romance manga, huh.. romance is like the one genre with the least deviance, haha. Maybe flawfuls or survivor will know something.

Kiritorisen

A cute little one-shot about a girl who listens to a pianist practicing and wondering what she means to him.

Pretty cute and romantic. I like it especially about wondering how much the other person values you.

Kieli

Nothing gives me a bigger schwing! than discussing power levels/tiers. Especially if it's for a series like Hunter x Hunter or Fate/stay in the kitchen where interesting abilities are involved.

A lot of shoujo mangas start that way, like Hana Yori Dango.

The best I've read with that kind of plot is Cat Street.

Sarishinohara 01-02

A story about a vocalist who gets kicked out of her band and meeting the new vocalist who is going to replace her.

It's not bad so far. Definitely has that nice cute romance starting to build up and I do wonder how the girl is going to face the band she was kicked out of now that it is coming back into her life.

Kurita

Mozaik Role 01

Manga series based off vocaloid songs seems to be the new rage now, which interest me so.

Not much in the first chapter, besides an interesting dream and how this story will be themed around doppelgangers. Looks interesting at least.
At least it's a dope song

Lain

I was thinking that the Fate/zero manga is way more explicit/lewd than the Fate/stay manga. And by more explicit, I mean that you see Sakura
endure the training with the cock-worms.

Aizo

Banned
Okay guys. Need help. What would you recommend for someone's beginner manga? No horror.
Why don't you love me?
Thanks for sharing this. I really liked that the "sex" didn't get too graphic, it's hard to find a good yaoi story without the corny manga sex.

I didn't like the part where Masami aroused Shirou by commenting on his dream from the night before. I felt it was out of character.

But that cliffhanger though...gah!!

DTL found a new friend! Awh!

dumbyugi

I feel like i have read every romance manga on earth. ( no yaoi ) im having a hard time looking for stuff to read.

Without knowing what you have and haven't read, here are some suggestions:

Bonnouji
Ginen Shounen
Hatsukoi Limited
Midori Days
Prunus Girl
Sayonara Piano Sonata
Seishun For-get!
Touch
Suki mo Yoi
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou (Lewd)

These are all finished series that I think are worth checking out.

kasane

If Eyeshield 21 is any indication, id rather not. How a manga with such a good sense of motion becomes such static garbage is beyond me.

I never really watched eyeshields adaptation? Is it bad? I heard from my friend that there was 1 minute left in the game then lasted for one episode :lol

Wiseblade

I never really watched eyeshields adaptation? Is it bad? I heard from my friend that there was 1 minute left in the game then lasted for one episode :lol
I only watched the first two episodes. The animation was embarrassing. Poor pacing wouldn't surprise me either, wasn't it an ongoing anime?

dumbyugi

I haven't seen the Eyeshield 21 anime but I've heard some of the music from it and it was pretty good. My sister said she might watch the anime, I guess I should tell her not to bother.

Goumontou wa Nemuranai - Nightmare Dream 1

The God
dess
of Gothloli is Smiling On Me Today - Part 1.

The three (self-professed) daughters of the deceased 'Lord of Torture' invite the FeMC, a torture engineering expert, to create more fiendish devices for their tower. This first chapter was too light-hearted to get an accurate reading on how twisted it'll become (if at all), but the ending plus the Horror / Psychological / Seinen tags make me hopeful that it'll at least be darker than the art suggests.

Clockwork Planet 1

The God
dess
of Gothloli is Smiling On Me Today - Part 2.

Set in the distant future where the Earth is effectively maintained by a vast network of gears. The MC is a machinery fanatic who, like many MC's before him, has his life irrevocably changed when a coffin containing an automata girl is inexplicably dropped on his home. I was about to mark it down as an another uninspiring mysterious girl shounen, but the promise of the duo becoming one half of history's greatest terrorist group is reason enough to keep an eye on it. The heroine having an unexpectedly sharp tongue on her doesn't hurt either.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
A lot of shoujo mangas start that way, like Hana Yori Dango.

The best I've read with that kind of plot is Cat Street.

I just finished reading this all the way to the end. I usually heavily dislike the typical "perfect girl-perfect boy couple" trope that this manga also unfortunately shows, but well.... I can't honestly say that I didn't enjoy my time reading it, so thanks for this rec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom