• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Tom Penny

Dat leadership

According to Sally Jenkins of the Washington Post, Griffin has “bragged to teammates that he could procure favors from the owner and influence the franchise’s direction.” Jenkins cites unnamed “insiders” in support of the report.

She also writes that Griffin engaged in “fierce finger-pointing tensions with his wide receivers” during the quarterback’s second season.

cdyhybrid

Remember when Redskins-Age thought they would have beaten us if RG3 hadn't gotten hurt? And that RG3 was better than Russell?

:jnc

So was Tebow and look where that got him.

Tebow actually won a playoff game, don't lump him in with scrubs like Bobby 3 Sticks.

squicken

All 22 view on ESPNN is great

SxBFeBe.jpg

Football royalty.

tears and erections. beautiful

There is no doubt about that, and I think Mike Evans (Texas A&M) gets drafted ahead of him. I'm always weary of WRs coming out of USC, but I think priority number #1 should be WR for the Lions.

Also some interesting stats I found out about our RBs from this year via ESPN:

Guaranteed we'll be looking at Running Back in Rounds #2-#3. Despite these stats I still like Bell and Bush, but RBs are always prone to injury so we'll need another RB.

WR in first and RB in the second or third? Are you Matt Millen?

Bell is our long term RB, Bush should be used more in the pass game. Theo Riddick showed promise and is a solid third RB. I don't think we need to waste a high pick on another RB, especially since we don't know what they'll do with LeShoure; can he be traded? If not he has proven he can at least get short yardage.

If we go WR in the first, I'm a bit wary of Evans. Sophomore, seems to have an attitude issue...yea, I've seen this story before. Watkins has had injury issues, and Mayhew has had very bad luck gambling on dudes who were injured in college...

I'd rather get a LB that can pressure QBs and lead this defense in the future. We also need another CB, probably second round. Basically my view:

1st round: LB or WR (not sure a first round CB or DE will be available, assuming Denard is gone)
2nd round: CB or DE
3rd round: C

Syrinx

Considering two first round picks were wasted on him in two years, could Trent Truck be the biggest bust ever?

Eh, it's a little early to say that. Even though he pretty much needs to completely relearn how to play runningback. And even if he does wash out wholly I still wouldn't put him above Leaf or Russell in the bust department.

There is no doubt about that, and I think Mike Evans (Texas A&M) gets drafted ahead of him. I'm always weary of WRs coming out of USC, but I think priority number #1 should be WR for the Lions.

That's funny because Evans sort of reminds me of Mike Williams. Will be interesting to see his combine times but he doesn't seem particularly fast to me.

eznark

Banned
Watched two minutes of film room and hit record. Don't want to watch the game this way but I will definitely watch it after the game.

Why the fuck is Millen there?

of course everyone is jumping on RGIII now that he had a worse season. that's just how the league is. magically these sources start showing up when you're losing. i suspect RGIII will be back to how he was in his rookie year next year when he is healthy. redskins offense will be fine, but they need to address their defense big time. very unfortunate for them that they don't have that #2 pick because they really need it

Bread

Banned
there are definitely too many guys in the room, there's not enough time to hear everyone's take on the game but they're still trying to force it.

Basically he was doing too much talking during the offseason, insinuated that -- intentionally or unintentionally -- his press conferences were becoming more about him, and that he was being brainwashed in Washington.
I remember the Preseason comments too, and he was slowing throwing Shanny under the bus.

Tom Penny

of course everyone is jumping on RGIII now that he had a worse season. that's just how the league is. magically these sources start showing up when you're losing. i suspect RGIII will be back to how he was in his rookie year next year when he is healthy. redskins offense will be fine, but they need to address their defense big time. very unfortunate for them that they don't have that #2 pick because they really need it

1 pick isn't going to fix a laughable defense like that.

bionic77

I tried guys, but this shit is garbo. I just turned the tv off and got my laptop out to do some work.

I would rather watch a Browns scrimmage than a college game. I would only make an exception if Tebow was allowed to come back to play (shirtless of course).

Top Bottom