• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Monster Hunter Wilds is planned for Q1 2025, insider claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
This is fake FYI, Dusk Golem has said on twitter that the screen is faked.

Insider ‘Dusk Golem’, who has a long track record of reporting information about video games before it has been made public, shared information on the game on their own Discord server (as spotted on Reddit).

Dusk Golem claimed to be hearing a lot of things about the game from various sources, and said that from what they were hearing, it was shaping up to be “by far the biggest game [Capcom] ever attempted”.

According to their sources, the game has been in development since early 2019, shortly after the release of Monster Hunter: World.
They claimed that “a lot of the scrapped ideas from World are here”, and that “the big Godzilla monster” (which it’s believed refers to Zorah Magdaros from World) will be returning.

They also said that the game is “fully open world” and is experimenting “far more” with the concept than Monster Hunter World or Rise did, and that while this could be considered a risk the “feedback is stellar so far”.
qo3yjyrl.jpg

Dusk Golem concluded by saying the game’s release window is Q1 2025 and that there have been no problems during development.

“They are banking on this to carry the whole fiscal year,” they said. “I don’t even think Grand Theft Auto 6 would make them delay it.

Last edited:
Capcom does love to release their big ones in the first quarter of the calendar year.
This. But more so I think it lines up with why they announced it at the TGAs in Dec 2023. If it was past Q1 ‘25 they wouldn’t have announced it so early. As soon as I saw it was 2025 I knew for sure it was the big March 2025 game for them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom