• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Game GIF Thread of Glorious 50fps

tkscz

ibNdlgOnvEiV.gif

shandy706

I really want to try making GIFs in Photoshop now. I use to make them in Image Ready all the time...but I always found they look like crap.

The "free-video-to-gif-converter" does this...

iX4dNqS9Ar3r9.gif

ikNtppdMsaGH1.gif

...which isn't bad...but that Photoshop stuff looks great. I have to try PS with FRAPS over the weekend.

Watevaman

I really want to try making GIFs in Photoshop now. I use to make them in Image Ready all the time...but I always found they look like crap.

The "free-video-to-gif-converter" does this...

iX4dNqS9Ar3r9.gif

ikNtppdMsaGH1.gif

...which isn't bad...but that Photoshop stuff looks great. I have to try PS with FRAPS over the weekend.

Forza 5?

DBT85

It's not often I see Chrome using 700MB of ram in one tab, but when it is, it's in this thread.

Glorious!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
50fps? psh why not 60?

GIF's in browsers are limited to 0.02 second or longer display times for frames, which means they top out at 50fps. If you record at 60 and make a GIF out of it, it'll still be showing at 50fps, but it'll just end up showing very slightly slower than actual speed.

Loving your GIFs dude. That smoooothness is always appreciated.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The moment everyone falls in love with Super Mario World.

koopa_kollision_by_aloo81-d71avva.gif

Stare into Mario's cold dead eyes.

yellow_love_by_aloo81-d71avw3.gif

Look at this heartless bastard.

cold_hearted_bastard_by_aloo81-d71avvv.gif

Goddamn, those SMW are SUPER crisp. I feel like I should shell out for a license on dxtory... I've been using OBS since I don't like MSI Afterburner, but that's just because it has that window/other program that stays open constantly.

And people have the nerve to argue against 60fps lol

Edit:
To think that 120hz looks better than 60hz, while 60hz already looks amazing is crazy to me. Hugs my pc!

Zoolader

What's the best solution for culling in Virtual Dub? For this gif. I did

-video>frame rate>frame rate conversion>process every third frame

11828041944_400de1ce66_o.gif

KOCMOHABT

First attempt at a gif:

Ryse

upload_studio_4_6_by_jaggedsac-d71ahws.gif

the explosion is in sync with the action, looks great.

Could somebody take some longer (ish) Ryse combat and speed up the slowmo parts so the whole thing would be real time? I think it would look very impressive then.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
And people have the nerve to argue against 60fps lol

Edit:
To think that 120hz looks better than 60hz, while 60hz already looks amazing is crazy to me. Hugs my pc!

I've got a 120hz monitor. 120fps is sooooooo smooth it's amazing. It makes things on screen feel really lifelike. It's a really great experience. It sounds crazy but going from 120fps to 60fps the difference is especially noticeable. 60 just feels choppier side by side. When I was playing CoJ: Gunslisnger I lowered the settings to try and hold a stable 120 but I couldn't get it to where I liked. I decided to settle for a 60fps with higher settings and had to just turn it off after about 10 minutes because it felt so disappointing in comparison.

Goddamn, those SMW are SUPER crisp. I feel like I should shell out for a license on dxtory... I've been using OBS since I don't like MSI Afterburner, but that's just because it has that window/other program that stays open constantly.

DXtory is really great, it's been my go to lately for lossless footage.

In terms of performance compared to fraps, when using the Lagarith codec it absolutely demolishes Fraps with identical quality.

Nabs

The moment everyone falls in love with Super Mario World.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/007/d/8/koopa_kollision_by_aloo81-d71avva.gif

Stare into Mario's cold dead eyes.

[IMG]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/007/9/a/yellow_love_by_aloo81-d71avw3.gif[

Look at this heartless bastard.

[IMG]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/007/f/d/cold_hearted_bastard_by_aloo81-d71avvv.gif[/QUOTE]

<3

Spazznid

I've got a 120hz monitor. 120fps is sooooooo smooth it's amazing. It makes things on screen feel really lifelike. It's a really great experience. It sounds crazy but going from 120fps to 60fps the difference is especially noticeable. 60 just feels choppier side by side. When I was playing CoJ: Gunslisnger I lowered the settings to try and hold a stable 120 but I couldn't get it to where I liked. I decided to settle for a 60fps with higher settings and had to just turn it off after about 10 minutes because it felt so disappointing in comparison.

DXtory is really great, it's been my go to lately for lossless footage.

In terms of performance compared to fraps, when using the Lagarith codec it absolutely demolishes Fraps with identical quality.

Agreed. Warframe 120Hz is glorious.

Mirillis Action! is good also, with very small performance hit, but I usually use Shadowplay now.

warframe_gif_2_by_spazznid-d71bbm3.gif

PensOwl

Banned
It's only January and we already have the best thread of the year. Fantastic.

Those ACIV shots are very impressive in particular

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Oh? Which one? I love making GIFs!

It was one of your DmC GIFs, I remember thinking you did a good job getting the colors to look good.

Agreed. Warframe 120Hz is glorious.

Mirillis Action! is good also, with very small performance hit, but I usually use Shadowplay now.

warframe_gif_2_by_spazznid-d71bbm3.gif

I like Action! for Youtube videos, but I don't like it for GIFs because (to my knowledge) it doesn't allow you to capture lossless video which I find makes a noticeable difference in GIFs.

It's not a huge difference but it's something I recognize when I'm making them. That's why for GIFs I tend to stick with DXtory and Fraps.

Top Bottom