• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Game GIF Thread of Glorious 50fps

tkscz

ibXy0vspvYfm9.gif

Same here, this game was full of them, although as a kid I was quite torn playing this as I really loved Robocop and Terminator so I did not really want to kill anything, I considered both to be pretty badass, but having them both in one game was awesome either way.

And yes to go back to what you said again, not enough games with goopy death animations, I love ragdoll etc but they need to start combining it with a bit of gore, it's like they have gone gore shy for the most part.

We need a new Solider of Fortune with PhysX blood and chunks, I think.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Haha, this was fun :p

xenorim_by_roderickartist-d71gz8d.gif

This is the absolute coolest.

Oh jesus what weapon is that? Is that in vanilla Skyrim? That's straight viscious.

I haven't mentioned it yet and I don't know that anyone else has, but I really am appreciating these SM3DW GIFs. Game looks so great.

Wish I could with Firefox :(

Shit takes ages to load gifs sometimes.

That's not a firefox problem. That's a "Holy shit theres are all like 15mb GIFs my bandwidth is dying nooo~~~" problem.

shocktrooper

Neo Member
Sof 2 had such a detailed damage system. Shoot a guy a hole in the head then use the knife to slice out small pieces of grey brain matter. Good times, good times.

More AC4 with free cam hack and sweet fx continued from the end of the last page

assgif1_by_justinakach0ppa-d71fo9d.gif

Pretty amazing stuff! I love that one.

I really want to get into making GIFs. Maybe that should be my new years resolution :p

I just need to get a handle on recording video. Then converting that video. I have a few nifty ideas...

Crisium

You actually get points for killing your non-Zombie neighbors?

But I thought Zombies at them all? Or is the title revisionist history from the violent protagonist?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
floorchange.gif

Saw this game on one of the pages, but I have no idea what it is... someone please tell me!!!! :) Edit: answered my question... took a little while to find - Assaul Android Cactus.

tkscz

Why can't we have jRPGs like this? *tear*
Imagine a Breath of Fire like this instead of that mobile crap. Or a Suikoden. Or a new IP.

*sigh*

Hopefully FFXV will deliver.

You might want to play Xenosaga or The Last Story. Both amazing JRPG's.

ibe5U7Q8ew82hQ.gif

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Mega Man 2

ihaKneGJumvc1.gif

I made my own version of this GIF.

intro_by_aloo81-d71l7az.gif

So crisp and crunchy!

I saw this GIF earlier in the thread and I really liked it but there's some improvements that I think others might appreciate knowing.

You need to try out "Nearest Neighbor" resizing and resize in values that are multiples!

For example, this is what the video looked like originally for my GIF above.

intro_small_by_aloo81-d71l79v.gif

What's worth pointing out is that it's in the original aspect ratio of the game (no stretching) and for this example, the original resolution. (The original resolution doesn't matter as long as it's not being stretched out of the original aspect ratio.)

For most GIFs, people end up resizing to cut down on the file size, or in this case make it more easily visible.

The problem is that when resizing, they often just use whatever the default resizing method is, like Bicubic or Lanczos and just resize to something that's reasonable. For most things, thats totally fine and a great idea, but for games with pixel art it should absolutely be avoided in favor of Nearest Neighbor resizing and resizing to either a multiple or divisible of the original.

With pixel art, when resizing with something that isn't Nearest Neighbor the end result is often fuzzy in comparison to the original visuals on screen, and when resizing to an odd size that isn't a multiple you end up with visuals looking slightly distorted.

Rather than just talking about it, let me show you.

3x size of original resized with Bicubic resizing.

intro_bicubic_by_aloo81-d71l7vr.gif

Compared to my original GIF, you start feeling the glaucoma coming in thick.

Here is 187.5% resized with Nearest Neighbor.

intro_odd_nearest_by_aloo81-d71l7va.gif

In this case, you can see the background oddly shimmering and at the end Megaman looks slightly distorted. Depending on what degree of difference this is from the original image, you'll end up with different degrees of distortion to the original image.

Another other small tip is that - in general - you're better off starting small and resizing larger for Pixel art because sizing down can be inaccurately resized and look slightly off (not as bad as resizing up usually).

Caayn

Awwhhh was hoping that you were talking about the actual GameCube version not an emulated one :( Sorry that I wasted your time, I just now notice the mouse cursor in the lower left corner of your first gif.

DJIzana

Why can't we have jRPGs like this? *tear*
Imagine a Breath of Fire like this instead of that mobile crap. Or a Suikoden. Or a new IP.

*sigh*

Hopefully FFXV will deliver.

FFXIV will be pretty close to that once it gets its Direct X 11 patch. It's looks damn amazing even without it. You get those random leaves floating around too. ;)

dsvoid

Neo Member
I am still very salty that looping embedded HTML5 videos or APNGs have not caught on. gifs are prohibitively huge.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I am still very salty that looping embedded HTML5 videos or APNGs have not caught on. gifs are prohibitively huge.

APNG's are way bigger than GIF's in most instances!

This swiss widescreen hack is amazing to say the very least, more resident evil remake but this time in non stretched 16:9

resiwidewow_by_justinakach0ppa-d71o4mu.gif

Since REmake is all pre-rendered backgrounds, even though the character models aren't being stretched the actual environment and backgrounds are. The art was made for 4:3 so there's nothing outside of those bounds for it.

But holy shit at that swiss thing, that's a total game changer. Downloaded it.

Do you have a screenshot version of this? It would be awesome to make this a Steam Custom Icon.

You have given me inspiration to make such a thing, in a very similar format. But the sword makes it tricky. Here's something for now. (Sorry the logo is a little blurry, I must have accidentally offset a layer without realizing and I don't have the .psd anymore)

skyrim_steam_icon_by_roderickartist-d71pbj7.png

Spazznid

You have given me inspiration to make such a thing, in a very similar format. But the sword makes it tricky. Here's something for now. (Sorry the logo is a little blurry, I must have accidentally offset a layer without realizing and I don't have the .psd anymore)

skyrim_steam_icon_by_roderickartist-d71pbj7.png

Have the sword go the other way and replace the I ins SKYRIM

riflen

I spent some time recently looking at anpg. If the size of gif files is what bothers you, then forget about apng. Its improvements over gif are millions of colours and frame rates above 50.

Have the sword go the other way and replace the I ins SKYRIM

Hmm that'd be intersting. TBH though, for now, I like this attempt alot more-

*This is Confidence-Man's Screenshot*
(He hasn't really showcased it here on GAF much, but he has done awesome stuff with the new cloud shadows causing sunlight on the distant mountains. Beautiful.)

Anyway:

skyrim_by_roderickartist-d71qfpj.png

doemaaan

Sorry. Off topic, but does anyone know the source of this gif? Been trying to find it for months. Didn't wanna create a new thread just for it...

ibzxd7fj4h8ktv.gif

Top Bottom