• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Feb. 12th Primary Thread (Obama/McCain Beltway SWEEP SWEEP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
WHOAguitarninja said:
4iis87.jpg
All I see is a failed attempt at a phallus or a middle finger. I can't unsee it!

soul creator said:
obama will change how you view politics in the 21st century just like rakim changed how lyricism was viewed in hip-hop back when it came out in '86. "to me, MC means move the crowd" and you can't say obama hasn't done the same

hahaha

Shaking em up, waking em up
Raking em up, breaking em up...
Standing on shaky grounds too close to the edge
Let's see if I know the ledge

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hootie said:
:lol :lol :lol

Very sneaky, I would've never guessed who it could be.

Damn Lefty, this is just a whole other level of failure. :lol

I seriously doubt its the same person

grandjedi6

Jesus, this is just getting sad now.

Penn, dismissing the polls

A real sign of the times: Mark Penn, Clinton's pollster and strategist who buried us for many months in polling data and memos, is now dismissing the polls.

Recent data on who's stronger against John McCain "don't actually represent the situation we would see in a general election," Penn said in a conference call with reporters, but rather reflect "enthusiasm and momentum."

"Last week they were all touting polls that showed her losing" in Massachusetts and California, he said, saying some polls had also been wrong in the run-up to her 2000 Senate victory.

Penn also made the explicit demographic case that Hillary's coalition of women and Latinos is in some sense more robust in a general election than Obama's, which relies, he said, on independents likely to desert him.

"Hillary Clinton has a coalition of voters well-suited to winning the general election," Penn said.

GhaleonEB

grandjedi6 said:
Hahaha. This is exactly what the Daily Kos was making fun of :lol
Let's take it point by point.

Kos - Iowa didn't matter because it was a caucus state, and it's undemocratic. Same goes for every other caucus state including Maine. The only caucus state that mattered was Nevada.

Clinton - Noting that "my husband never did well in caucus states either," Clinton argued that caucuses are "primarily dominated by activists" and that "they don't represent the electorate, we know that."

-------------------------------

Kos - Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Louisiana don't matter because they have black people. Expect the same spin out of DC this Tuesday. Black people don't apparently count.

Clinton - "These are caucus states by and large, or in the case of Louisiana, you know, a very strong and very proud African-American electorate, which I totally respect and understand."

Kos - Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Alaska, and Utah don't matter because they're small Red states that Democrats won't carry in November.

Clinton - She also downplayed many of Obama's Super Tuesday victories, describing them states that Democrats should not expect to win in November.

Kos - In any case, Washington, Nebraska, and Louisiana didn't matter on Saturday because everyone expected Obama to win them anyway.

Clinton - She told reporters who had gathered to watch her tour a General Motors plant here that "everybody knew, you all knew, what the likely outcome of these recent contests were."

It's uncanny, really. :lol

Loudninja

GhaleonEB said:
Let's take it point by point.

Kos - Iowa didn't matter because it was a caucus state, and it's undemocratic. Same goes for every other caucus state including Maine. The only caucus state that mattered was Nevada.

Clinton - Noting that "my husband never did well in caucus states either," Clinton argued that caucuses are "primarily dominated by activists" and that "they don't represent the electorate, we know that."

Kos - Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Louisiana don't matter because they have black people. Expect the same spin out of DC this Tuesday. Black people don't apparently count.

Clinton - "These are caucus states by and large, or in the case of Louisiana, you know, a very strong and very proud African-American electorate, which I totally respect and understand."

Kos - Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Alaska, and Utah don't matter because they're small Red states that Democrats won't carry in November.

Clinton - She also downplayed many of Obama's Super Tuesday victories, describing them states that Democrats should not expect to win in November.

Kos - In any case, Washington, Nebraska, and Louisiana didn't matter on Saturday because everyone expected Obama to win them anyway.

Clinton - She told reporters who had gathered to watch her tour a General Motors plant here that "everybody knew, you all knew, what the likely outcome of these recent contests were."

It's uncanny, really. :lol

Wow :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tamanon said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175351&highlight=clinton+machine

This is pretty funny, considering some of the predictions and such.
Like this one...
The Experiment said:
Hillary is going to get nominated. She's made all the right moves, made all the right connections, and even got Rupert Murdoch to host a fundraiser for her. She's been planning this shit for at least 10 years now, if not closer to 15.

Obama's best bet is the VP nomination. I don't believe that race or gender have much to do with elections much anymore. Its about ideas. If there was a woman who claimed to be an evangelical like Bush in 2000, she would have done just as well as Bush. Same goes if the person is black.

Clinton's problem isn't her gender but her track record. If she has Faux News on her side, then there's a good chance that her track record will easily be eschewed from discussion. Maybe just a footnote at the very best at the end of a Hannity episode.

Obama's best chance is running for VP. Let Obama begin to start making the right connections like Hillary. He is a good enough guy but the campaign runs on money, not votes. 2012 or 2016 would be a great time for him.
Right up with Bill's "fairy tale" remark.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Been watching Hillary on and off on the CNN live stream.

She talked about the healthcare stuff, and framed it as an issue of interest group politics. Said that any plan that wasn't universal from the start would not get to universality, and that she'd be able to pass the bill by getting nurses, doctors, unions, and corporations with benefit plans on one side, to overcome the opposition of insurance and pharmaceutical companies on the other side.

She also got a question on what differentiated her from Obama (who the questioner referred to as a "shiny new toy"), and answered by outlining her strategy of enacting an agenda. Find areas of bipartisan agreement when possible, present a united front in the party when necessary (using the SS privatization fight as an example).

They were very sharp answers, and pretty telling ones. She left out the idea of creating public pressure to get things done, which left a picture of Washington as a sum of narrow interests, where the best way to get things done is to line up as many of those interests as possible.

Lefty

grandjedi6 said:
Your clone made half the posts in the Super Tuesday thread before being banned

I'm ...flattered I had a clone I guess, and as long as he supported obamamania then he is OK to me!:D

Zeed

Banned
Lefty said:
can't hilldawg just concede already and let her supporters bask in obama's hope?
OMFG :lol

Well done, for a moment there I thought Lefty was Jesus and had risen from the dead.

numble

Streams crossed
in one poll

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2008/02/usa-todaygall-1.html?csp=34
Democrat Barack Obama has edged past Hillary Clinton for the first time in a new nationwide USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. He had 47% to 44% for Clinton among Democratic adults or those who lean Democratic.

Obama's lead was well within the margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

Among Republicans and people who lean Republican, John McCain led Mike Huckabee 53%-27%. It was the first poll since Mitt Romney dropped out and the pair appeared to divide his support -- McCain picking up 11 points, Huckabee 9 points.

The poll also asked about hypothetical general-election matchups with McCain. Obama beat him 50%-46% among likely voters, while McCain edged Clinton 49%-48% among the same group.

The poll of 1,016 adults was conducted Friday through Saturday, several days after Super Tuesday primaries and caucuses across the country but before Obama swept five contests over the weekend. We offer the usual caveats: It's a snapshot, things change.

Hootie

O really?

Anyways, here's the latest Gallup Poll incase it hasn't been posted here yet.

021108DailyUpdateGraph1.gif

So close!! If he does good tomorrow, say hello to the new Gallup frontrunner!

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder after all this talk about Caucuses for activists......what will the excuse be if she loses all 3 states tomorrow?

duketogo88 said:
I smell ultimate victory for Obama!
Yeah, the momentum is gonna be hard to stop.

Between Obama's most recent string of victories, these upcoming victories, and the polls that show Obama beating McCain in a match-up, it just gets harder and harder for Hillary.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mandark said:
You're just asking for someone to say "Bitch? Toast!" and get themselves banned.
A good photoshop of that scene would work too, although I'm not sure if it'd make any sense in the "choose and perish" part.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey CNN is starting to not shill the Clinton line as much. Their headline on CNN.com has been changed from "Clinton holds narrow lead in delegates" to "Without superdelegates, Clinton trails"

OMG! Obama snores and doesn't put the butter back in the fridge!

grandjedi6

Tamanon said:
I wonder after all this talk about Caucuses for activists......what will the excuse be if she loses all 3 states tomorrow?

10 bucks says Daily Kos is right again:

Virginia and Maryland, assuming they're won by Obama, will be a combination of the "black people" and "educated people" rationalizations. Throw a little of "Obama was expected to win anyway", and you've got the trifecta

Lefty

From CNN.com

It also has become clear that the Clinton camp operates at a distinct disadvantage whenever delegates are chosen by traditionally lower turnout caucuses instead of higher turnout primaries. Obama's enthusiastic supporters flooded caucus sites in Nebraska and Washington on Saturday, propelling him to remarkably easy victories.

So what there trying to say hidden in their clinton love "Obama won because more people caucused for him then Clinton making caucuses unfair to Clinton"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom