• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week, next 3 and its done. WTF is Haruto going to do in 4-5 chapters?

I predict lonely ending for him. Would be karma for all the BS.

Might be fitting if the (ex?) girlfriend buys a car and drives over to surprise him, and literally drives over him as he is leaving the house for work, totally surprising (ending) him

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Omamori Himari 75 (END)

RlrhNP5.png

Holy shit. In a sense, both of those did actually happen. That double page harem spread = dead and ascended to heaven.

This series was always on the verge of being something really memorable, but it was consistently dragged down by the ludicrously dull MC and his awful feline waifu. Even when she went batshit at the end I still wanted to surgically extract her and replace her with a more interesting character.

What's a Tadokoro?
I don't read Soma, it was just the fact that you changed your avatar on top of the other stuff.

e:

SURPRISE

Last time I tried exercising my culinary talents I left two family members in a coma. Cooking doesn't have any appeal for me, ditto for cooking manga.

Soma's partially about cooking, but its mostly about waifus.

i-see-what-you-did-there_o_514831.gif

Speaking of Soma... any this week?

Edit: Also I've been hating on Nisekoi lately but at least it's not nose diving like Fairy Tail so I'll ease off (A man just gets antsy with no Toriko to sooth him)

They're not as fast to bring stuff out as the people who do the Big 3, so it hasn't come out, even though it will at some point between now and next Wednesday.

Quixzlizx

Nisekoi 106

The sad thing is that this is probably a top-tier chapter for Nisekoi, with Chitoge looking cute the whole time with some funny expressions. It's not like Raku is ever going to develop beyond "generically nice, clueless, and fixated on Onodera," so any enjoyment is going to come from chapters focused on one of the girls.

TWGOK 257

I'm going to be saltier than the Dead Sea if
Dokurou doesn't get to reunite with her onii-chan

The Breaker: New Waves 144

I hope shit just got extra real

Ragetown

What's going to fill the diseased hole in my heart?

But.. but it's tosh, and it's pretty good on its own merits outside of the food stuff. I'm being honest when I say I think you might like it, so if you're ignoring it just because of the food motif, give the first chapter a try sometime.
Well okay then, I'm not adverse to trying new series so I'll give it a shot soon. But just so we're clear, Grimace's promise of waifus had nothing to do with my decision at all. Nope. Definitely not.

Are you sure you are not a member of a harem then?
Nah, I'm too yandere to be in a harem. My rivals would all be dead within 3 chapters
from food poisoning.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 106

The sad thing is that this is probably a top-tier chapter for Nisekoi, with Chitoge looking cute the whole time with some funny expressions. It's not like Raku is ever going to develop beyond "generically nice, clueless, and fixated on Onodera," so any enjoyment is going to come from chapters focused on one of the girls.

I'm kind of baffled at how popular both Shokugeki no Soma and Nisekoi really are. Soma is like top 5 every week now.

Aizo

Banned
Old Boy volume 1 bunko edition
xJ5.jpg

I watched the Korean edition of the movie based on this manga somewhat recently, so I had some notion of what happens will/might happen story wise, but I feel what I've read/seen in the the first volume does a better job of defining the main character and the whole atmosphere.
Oldboy is one of my favorite films of all time. It seems we have very different views on its ending, though. I thought it was perfect, and the
cutting off of the tongue
was excellent symbolism. The vengeance is completely over the top because that guy is just insane.

I thought this manga was incredibly disappointing. It's quite good until the end, but I thought the reason for the revenge made no sense at all. It's quite different from the film.

I look forward to your thoughts!

Why did he and Eba break up now?
There really wasn't a good reason. It was almost completely random.

Centaur no Nayami

Read it all in one go.

I started reading it because it seemed like a cute slice of life except about demi-humans and monster people and whatever...

...and I got a fully realized alternate evolution world with well thought out evolutionary tracts, an enormous allegory for current world socio-political problems, a subtle and darker well written sub plot regarding a foreign power's insidious plans and one of the more progressive views of homosexuality written by a Japanese author I've seen.

Jesus Christ, what the hell is this manga? Besides amazing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've just finished BAMBOO BLADE.

I honestly think I have never read anything as... sunny, and lighthearted as this. Really positive atmosphere all around. Really enjoyed it.

Oh and...

This fucker, ahahaha.

Chapter after chapter, KINGDOM just continues to cement its status as the undisputed king of epicness. You folks should talk about it more instead of stuff like Nisekoi or Town Rage, bleh.

Kieli

How in the world has Nisekoi managed to run over 100 chapters in WSJ of all things. The thing literally is stuck in Pokemon-Ash-10-years-old-forever level of time dilation. Nothing EVER happens (and by nothing ever happens, I mean actual, meaningful development; but who am I kidding, it's Nisekoi).

Bring back Double Arts.

8♀1♂ 01-29

NhpZLqgl.png

So basically a guy gets tossed into a cage with eight other girls.

And surprisingly he's actually doing many things with them. So basically as smutty as advertised.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How in the world has Nisekoi managed to run over 100 chapters in WSJ of all things. The thing literally is stuck in Pokemon-Ash-10-years-old-forever level of time dilation. Nothing EVER happens (and by nothing ever happens, I mean actual, meaningful development; but who am I kidding, it's Nisekoi).

Bring back Double Arts.

Double Arts had a lot more potential than Nisekoi. Japanese fans have no taste.

Kieli

It's managed to stay up thanks to WSJ's fucked up ranking system. If the volume sales rise thanks to the anime, prepare for five more years of nothing.

Well, normally I don't begrudge a mangaka for finding a hit or even a semi-sustainable series. I know it's a cut-throat industry out there and I'm glad he managed to find a series that can pay his bills.

But I'm still salty Double-Arts was cancelled while the far-inferior Nisekoi is still running. Curse you, ranking system.

BLue Sky Complex 1
tumblr_mzkyd1qHkx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Yes another manga from one of the favorites in the gintama dj community as well as general BL manga (loved Slow Starter was one of my favorite manga read last year even). So this ended being a must read since it was finally down. It also starts rather slow with the characters only being introduced and just meeting though kind of indirectly in the library setting not even saying things. Curious of how bad a character Terashima may be or if he is just an actually kind person (Im thinking hes potentially on the more devious side by the joke he said at the end and smiling of sorts at Nara).

I didn't like Double Arts at all, but I'll never forgive them for cancelling MxO.

True. I was so pissed that MxO was cancelled. It was fun to read.

Not really a fan of Double Arts but Naoshi Komi did some pretty interesting one shots back in the day, which is why I was so pumped for Nisekoi. Seems like he sucks at prolonging a story though, which is a shame.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Fuck it! Let that mediocre piece of shit badly written creatively bankrupt abortion die. I'll take the wire hanger to it myself so hand me a rusty one. Seriously I not only hope it ends, I wish tendentious on someone, I won't say who, but the hope is they are never paid or are able to "create" more "art" ever again. Oh I hate Seo's work and I hate myself for ever thinking it was good.

End of an error indeed.

Senyuu SQ 01

3hyo5jQl.png

Yeahhhhh, super hyped to see this getting translated.

Basically taking the webcomic and making it into a manga. Contains the same amount of sadistic Ross and masochistic Alba.

I've just finished BAMBOO BLADE.

I honestly think I have never read anything as... sunny, and lighthearted as this. Really positive atmosphere all around. Really enjoyed it.

Oh and...

This fucker, ahahaha.

Chapter after chapter, KINGDOM just continues to cement its status as the undisputed king of epicness. You folks should talk about it more instead of stuff like Nisekoi or Town Rage, bleh.
Come on banana, you know wifu discussion are the end to all discussions :p

Toriko

One thing that keeps bothering me is Komatsu, why the hell is he sometimes portrayed as a kid(also why does he look like a kid) when he's the same age as Toriko.

Dude whines and cries to Toriko like he's his father, I honestly forgot he was actually 25 until that stuff with Melk the 2nd.

And then Zebra shows up and keeps calling a kid........

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko

One thing that keeps bothering me is Komatsu, why the hell is he sometimes portrayed as a kid(also why does he look like a kid) when he's the same age as Toriko.

Dude whines and cries to Toriko like he's his father, I honestly forgot he was actually 25 until that stuff with Melk the 2nd.

And then Zebra shows up and keeps calling a kid........

You think this is a motherfucking game? I'll cut yo face into pieces with this knife i'm tellin'ya.

Even if i knew that Toriko is on hiatus after your post i checked if the new chapter was out :(

Angry Grimace

It's managed to stay up thanks to WSJ's fucked up ranking system. If the volume sales rise thanks to the anime, prepare for five more years of nothing.

Of course, TLR always ranked at the bottom but sold well and stuck around.

You think this is a motherfucking game? I'll cut yo face into pieces with this knife i'm tellin'ya.

Even if i knew that Toriko is on hiatus after your post i checked if the new chapter was out :(

Ya know Komatsu would be quite the sexist character if he was a girl.

Useless and constantly whining and crying, dependent on the big strong man, only thing he's good at is cooking.

LeleSocho

Banned
Ya know Komatsu would be quite the sexist character if he was a girl.

Useless and constantly whining and crying, dependent on the big strong man, only thing he's good at is cooking.

It really would be.
I don't know if you read it up to the last chapter but there are hints that now he might go on the growing phase, i still don't dislike him in the least but it would be a good thing to see him grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom