• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWGOK 257

so sad, i guess. so considering satyr has apparently infiltrated every level of new hell, one would assume that this has been going for several years now. so why was vintage even a thing? how did they not know about this beforehand? why did we have to sit through that entire awful school in the past arc just so keima could give tenri a letter? why haven't we seen chihiro in over a year?

why is this so awful?

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku 01

JP2SEwgl.png

Your little too girl crazy girl joins this high school that has nothing but cultural clubs. And supposedly these clubs do battle against each other?

I'm interested in the premise. The first chapter was pretty much having the main character gets accepted which wasn't bad. She's frantic and goes by the beat of her own drum which is pretty silly. I'm hoping this at least meets up with the synopsis so far of cultural clubs fighting each other.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kyuusen no shima 7

Huh.

That is a definition of nice I guess.

BTW, it's really hard to take the drama in this series seriously when the protagonist has gigantic ass and boobs pressing against his head as they try to get into this really serious plotline.

Desmond

When did Fuji and Satan first show up in Beelzebub? I was at the chapter where Oga and Furuichi go to the US, and am now caught up, but I had no recollection of Fuji when he popped up.

duckroll

Manga News has conflicting news though. On one hand, they say that the series could be ending with the conclusion of the Winter arc, apparently because there's a blurb that says "As the first year of school draws to a close, so too does the main story draw to it's conclusion". But at the same time they point out that the final volume for the Winter arc comes out in May, and it's not being solicited as the final volume of the series. So maybe it's not ending, or there might just be another arc after this?

∀ Narayan;97514621 said:
Knights of Sidonia: I started reading this last weekend and am now re-reading through everything available. I find this to be as enjoyable as Attack on Titan, which is to say that it's very good. If you haven't checked Nihei's latest work out yet, you really ought to.
Will wait for the anime to see if its a series worth checking out hyped since you say the source material is addicting and good.

Dude is gonna cut your ass
Gonna place you in his full course boy

...I miss Toriko :(

Ya know Komatsu would be quite the sexist character if he was a girl.

Useless and constantly whining and crying, dependent on the big strong man, only thing he's good at is cooking.

It really would be.
I don't know if you read it up to the last chapter but there are hints that now he might go on the growing phase, i still don't dislike him in the least but it would be a good thing to see him grow.

He should have that ancient cooking book in one hand and his melk knife in the other

And attack the gourmet monsters by hitting their weak points for massive damage like the
Cola arc

Hamatora 1
tumblr_mzlptpWtTh1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Manga for Winter season's best anime is fantastic. I was fully prepared for it to just be a straight up adaptation of the anime but was glad to be wrong since it seems to be telling the origin story of sorts for Nice and Murasaki. I hope more are planned at least, as it is just so strange to see how Murasaki is with Nice at this point in time and all that killing intent. Certainly my impression of Murasaki and Nice is much different as based on how close they are in the anime. Will certainly keep reading.

Hime-dol!! 16 (end)

I would have preferred if the father had got teary eyed and such at seeing his baby on stage seeing her dream instead of just walking off and not showing no emotion at all even afterwards. I mean this is a comedy of sorts and would have been nice to see some sentimental feelings.

Hope the next story is still school based but maybe not in the idol area, I dont think its a genre that is good for JUMP.

Hime-dol!! 16 (end)

I would have preferred if the father had got teary eyed and such at seeing his baby on stage seeing her dream instead of just walking off and not showing no emotion at all even afterwards. I mean this is a comedy of sorts and would have been nice to see some sentimental feelings.

Hope the next story is still school based but maybe not in the idol area, I dont think its a genre that is good for JUMP.

Idol could work in jump if it was idol battle shonen

gunbo13

Gate - Thus the JSDF Fought There

fEXzb9j.jpg

Garbage. Trope anime generic crap hacked into a fantasy bloody setting. Stupid characters including the chibi goth girl. Looked ahead and saw like weird nude sex scenes in future chapters. So dropped.

Coming off reading Titan, I'm looking for a similar decent seinen read. Really not feeling getting caught up on TWGOK, Nisekoi, Daisy, other shojo, etc... Maybe something like Berserk or Vinland Saga...

Recommends please. Manga bets also an option for any takers. :)

dramatis

It's managed to stay up thanks to WSJ's fucked up ranking system. If the volume sales rise thanks to the anime, prepare for five more years of nothing.

Of course, TLR always ranked at the bottom but sold well and stuck around.
I don't think Nisekoi will be around for more than two years at most. Maybe if it keeps serializing, you'll get Nisekoi ~Darkness~, but TLR ended at 18 volumes, and at its height (anime bump) the initial volume sales didn't pass 300k. Nisekoi seems to be on track to do the same.

For all its initial popularity, the series got quickly overtaken and overshadowed by Assclass and Shokugeki. Another 'fresh' shounen romcom will probably show up in Jump in another year that will actually survive and feast on Nisekoi's remains.

Coming off reading Titan, I'm looking for a similar decent seinen read. Really not feeling getting caught up on TWGOK, Nisekoi, Daisy, other shojo, etc... Maybe something like Berserk or Vinland Saga...

If it helps, ∀ Narayan just recommended Knights of Sidonia: "I find this to be as enjoyable as Attack on Titan, which is to say that it's very good."

Unless you're talking about another Titan.

http://i.imgur.com/fEXzb9j.jpg[IMG]

Garbage. Trope anime generic crap hacked into a fantasy bloody setting. Stupid characters including the chibi goth girl. Looked ahead and saw like weird nude sex scenes in future chapters. So dropped.

Recommends please. Manga bets also an option for any takers. :)[/QUOTE]

How many chapters were you in? I really like iit. Some recommendations:

Shoukoku no Altair
Arms Peddler
Donyatsu
Gunka no Balzer
Akame ga Kill

[B]Mob Psycho 100 49[/B]

Ice cold Mob. Ice cold.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think Nisekoi will be around for more than two years at most. Maybe if it keeps serializing, you'll get Nisekoi ~Darkness~, but TLR ended at 18 volumes, and at its height (anime bump) the initial volume sales didn't pass 300k. Nisekoi seems to be on track to do the same.

For all its initial popularity, the series got quickly overtaken and overshadowed by Assclass and Shokugeki. Another 'fresh' shounen romcom will probably show up in Jump in another year that will actually survive and feast on Nisekoi's remains.

If it helps, ∀ Narayan just recommended Knights of Sidonia: "I find this to be as enjoyable as Attack on Titan, which is to say that it's very good."

Unless you're talking about another Titan.
There hasn't been a generic romcom in Jump that's stuck around or been nearly as popular as Nisekoi in several years. It doesn't have to sell better than TLR did to not get cancelled.

Not a yandere, Kougyoku is
being controlled by Sinbad.
lol

Guessing it's either one of these two scenarios that happened

• Alibaba had decided to join the Kou Empire and then Sinbad (seeing everything happening through Kougyoku mind) was like "Oh no you didn't"
  • Alibaba releases Kougyoku is being controlled by Sinbad and he was like "Oh no you didn't"

All in all someone will say "Oh no you didn't"

Quixzlizx

8♀1♂ 01-29

So basically a guy gets tossed into a cage with eight other girls.

And surprisingly he's actually doing many things with them. So basically as smutty as advertised.

So what's a name for this series that actually allows me to search for it?

Thanks, although it seems like the scans have stalled.
\/\/

upandaway

fEXzb9j.jpg

I haven't gotten into it yet but people are really hyping up Kingdom, it looks pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom