• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi - Chapter Faraway Phan Thiet
iRCxChZUG2Onx.png
One of the most memorable double spreads I've come across in recent time, probably only second to that cat licking one. You know which one I mean. It's a shame only two chapters of this short story collection got translated so far.

No Game, No Life Prologue (LN)

FInally started it up, the chess game if animated ought to be fun to see but then the part bringing the world real to [ ] Neets will be a bit sad too see, at least they get brought into the game world. Looking forward to more.

Chousuinou Kei - Makafushigi Jiken File 6 and 7
BeRbkxkCcAAfkk5.png

Immolition case ending was actually surprising. Loved his conclusion and how he came to it just from being able to analyze everything instantly. And for the second case "Invisible Bullet" kind of wish I had a brain that could automatically update its feature set even.

Tsukiyo no Toratsugumi - Chapter Faraway Phan Thiet

One of the most memorable double spreads I've come across in recent time, probably only second to that cat licking one. You know which one I mean. It's a shame only two chapters of this short story collection got translated so far.

That art is so lazy it's ridiculous..

15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu 01-14

9bev1uvl.jpg

All that friendship.

All that resolve.

All that rugby action.

This was amazing.

While the ending was probably the weakest thing for this, it was still good. It's definitely too bad this got cancelled or end too soon cause it definitely had much more potential in terms of more rugby action and character development as well.

Such a good read. ;_;

Cage of Eden 1-185

Man this series was addicting as hell. The art got a lot better over time. I don't understand why the ending had to be rushed though. Was the series falling off the charts or something? It felt to me like things kept on getting more interesting with each chapter. There are quite a bit of loose ends too. The author tried to introduce Hades in the early chapters as a villain that may recur but he ended up never doing anything and his face was never shown. What was with the girl with the bloody scissors at the beginning? What becomes of Kouhei? And the ending was pretty dissatisfying as it could continue into a whole new adventure.

Are there any mangas similar to this than anyone can recommend? One with a good mystery to it?

Shishunki Bitter Change 03

Another great chapter.

It's pretty interesting that even in a happy household, she still wasn't used to it compared to her cold household.

Cage of Eden 1-185

Man this series was addicting as hell. The art got a lot better over time. I don't understand why the ending had to be rushed though. Was the series falling off the charts or something? It felt to me like things kept on getting more interesting with each chapter. There are quite a bit of loose ends too. The author tried to introduce Hades in the early chapters as a villain that may recur but he ended up never doing anything and his face was never shown. What was with the girl with the bloody scissors at the beginning? What becomes of Kouhei? And the ending was pretty dissatisfying as it could continue into a whole new adventure.

Are there any mangas similar to this than anyone can recommend? One with a good mystery to it?

7 Seeds

Ace of Diamond 41 - 44 (1/2)
BeTvg07CUAEX_RN.png

I laughed just for who he was and Chris-senpai's sense of humor potentially. Running theme of how selfish everyone was made it entertaining to see how passionate all three first years are and how they want to hold on to their positions that everyone wants even if it is extremely tiring and too intense in first week baseball camp. Hope they hold up in their first game Saturday,

Assassination Classroom 73
Good Karma moment and his best faces (outside of whenever he is devious of sorts). MIxed on the ending, good and yay since everyone makes it out safely, but to reveal that they were never seriously poisoned in the first place because the hitman are just nice people (or dont want to cause more hassle for themselves) seemed like an odd thing to do and decreased the suspense, also made the win feel cheaper and less stunning than it was. If thats what he did now, I can only imagine that other arcs will have some time of twist like this at their ends.

This and the school exam for best arcs though, hope this courage test will be equally fun as past miniarcs.

I know, but this last week I've had thinking he's gone for good has been the best.

He hasn't even been gone for a week LOL.

Anyways I feel that Sasuke dying wouldn't make the manga any better unless it was the very end or something. I guess a dead Sauce is better than a live one though.

Akito

Checked out first chapter. Not digging the art. Will go a bit more, but anything else?
King of Thorns
Psyren
And there is EX - Shounen Hyouryuu, also by the author of Cage of Eden. I didn't like it but as you liked CoE, maybe you'll have a more favorable opinion on it.

Cage of Eden 1-185

BTOOOM!!

Lain

Cage of Eden 1-185

Highschool of the Dead.

bigkrev

15 - Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby Bu 01-14

9bev1uvl.jpg

All that friendship.

All that resolve.

All that rugby action.

This was amazing.

While the ending was probably the weakest thing for this, it was still good. It's definitely too bad this got cancelled or end too soon cause it definitely had much more potential in terms of more rugby action and character development as well.

Such a good read. ;_;

Told you to skip that final chapter!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Donnyatsu and terraformers are not for me. I love the King of Thorns anime movie. Psyren is pretty interesting. I had fun with the High School of the Dead anime.

I think what I really liked about Cage of Eden is how the adventure involves the entire class and a good number of the students stand out. I also love that about GTO and Negima (Negima does it the best).

Are there any others like that as well that you can recommend?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Donnyatsu and terraformers are not for me. I love the King of Thorns anime movie. Psyren is pretty interesting. I had fun with the High School of the Dead anime.

I think what I really liked about Cage of Eden is how the adventure involves the entire class and a good number of the students stand out. I also love that about GTO and Negima (Negima does it the best).

Are there any others like that as well that you can recommend?

Battle Royale
Kamisama no Iutoori
Assassination Classroom
Rookies

Sanbanme no Tsuki 01-07

j6it4fWl.jpg

After humans have disappeared, aliens come down in order to investigate the empty planet and the culture that was once there.

A pretty fun slice of life oddly enough of aliens discovering our weird planet. It's pretty enjoyable and does place what we view as normal in a different light.

wonzo

Banned
Black Museum Springald 1-6 END

A really engrossing take by Fujita Kazuhiro (Wicked Eyes Fly to the Full Moon, Ushio & Tora) on the mythical Spring-heeled Jack that was believed to have terrorised women in 19th Century London. What really makes this is the amazing art, especially the faces:

The extra story at the end was a really nice touch and I hope the author decides to revisit the Black Museum & the (moe) curator again as there's simply a treasure trove of criminal history to go through and fictionalise.

Dresden

a girl by the sea - 11

Good to see a translation at last, but I'll wait until the rest of the volume is out. Not the kind of work that's appreciable in such small chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom