• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 Games - 1 Year Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

B]Game 5: Phoenix Wright: Dual Destines[3DS]42:35 (wtf?) [/B]

Kinda different than I thought the PW games would be, a lot more simple and a little bit less serious than I thought it would be. Pretty long too, was I just incredibly slow or something? Fun overall but I probably wont play another game in the series for a long time, if ever.

Updated my post here

Is the 42:35 time from the 3DS play log (or whatever it's called)? As far as I know that tracks all time the game is running, so if you left the 3DS open on pause or whatever while the game is running that time still gets added.

Weng

Game 1: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) - 78 hours, finished January 16
Great Zelda game, great use of motion controls. Would have benefitted from a sky with more to explore and 50% less Fi/hand holding/item reminders.

Game 2: Super Mario Bros. (Wii U) - 3 hours 26 minutes, finished April 11
My first time playing this classic (with save states at the start of every level
and one in the middle of 8-3
, otherwise it'd have taken me probably 10 times as long).

Game 3: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) - 35 hours 27 minutes, finished April 20
100% and all puzzle pieces. Saving time attack and hard mode for later. I really had a lot of fun with it. I think it's as good as DKCR if not slightly better.

flkraven

Finished my 5th game this year, Crysis!:

Original Post

Quick question for those that have played Crysis 2 and Crysis 3:
Is it more about fighting humans or more about fighting aliens? The human/nanosuit fights were awesome in Crysis 1, but the alien stuff sucked balls.

donny2112

Is the 42:35 time from the 3DS play log (or whatever it's called)? As far as I know that tracks all time the game is running, so if you left the 3DS open on pause or whatever while the game is running that time still gets added.

Having finished two cases of the game, so far, that's not an unreasonable time for completing the game, in my opinion. It'll probably be one of my longer games done this year. :lol

Krafter

Original Post

Up to 4 in the first 16 days, killing off co-op backlog. I Am currently halfway through Bully, creeping up on a Platinum in Spy Hunter, mopping up a few trophies in Star Wars the Force Unleashed, and well into killing off various PSP backlog games. On a blistering pace, but largely because I'm stuck at home with an injury. Whee.

Duxxy3

I'm moving at a good pace so far, as I've already finished 10 games.....though most of them I had started playing last year, but hadn't gotten around to finishing.

10/52 finished (beat story mode/single player campaign)
0/52 100% Completed

Updated post here

I may do something like this after getting through my 52.

Stretch goal: 100% 10 games. I am not a completionist, at all, I finish games and immediately move on, so this may be even more challenging for me than finishing 52 games.

updated post here

Finished Mass Effect! I might have been victim to over expectations on this game. it was good, but i wouldn't put it in my top 10 list any time soon. The combat was meh, but the story mostly made up for it. music was also above average. I never really connected to any of the other characters, and about 2/3 of the way through i found myself playing just to finish it. That said, i will probably still play # 2 and 3.

Next up is The Last of Us. I've played through the first hour and it totally delivered. cant wait to go through the rest of it.

Ouroboros

Game 1: The Last of Us - Time : TBD (Finished)
PS3 exclusive and GOTY. Really enjoyed it from begining to end. I can see why people really loved this game.

Holding this post until I get home and list my games. This will be a challenge indeed!

Listonosh

Sorry if this was asked before, but does each episode of Walking Dead season 2 count as one game, or the whole season together counts as 1?

Game 1: Gundam Breaker - 24 hrs.
Game 2: Zangeki no Reginleiv - 27 hrs.
Game 3: Dark - 21 hrs.
Game 4:: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 - 23 hrs.
Game 5:: God of War: Ascension - 11 hrs.
Game 6:: Crysis 2 - 9 hrs. 30mins.
Game 7:: Sengoku Basara 4 - 45hrs.
Game 8: Resident Evil 5: Desperate Escape 1hr. 24mins
Game 9: The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 & 2 4hrs.
Game 10: Splinter Cell: Blacklist 24 hrs. 37 mins.
Game 11: Toshinden (Wi) 4hrs.
Game 12: P.N.03 2hrs.
Game 13 : Fable Anniversary 19hrs.
Game 14: Condemned 2: Bloodshot 14 hrs.
Game 15: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 12 hrs.
Game 16: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 16 hrs.
Game 17: Dark Souls II 101 hrs.
Game 18: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z 4 hrs.
Game 19: Sengoku Musou 4 50 hrs.
Game 20: Demon's Souls - 8hrs. 24mins.
Game 21: Deception IV - 11 hrs. 27 mins.
Game 22: Ragnarock Odyssey Ace - 40 hrs. 24 mins.
Game 23: Bound by Flames - 20 hrs.
Game 24: Blood Will Till - 42 hrs. 3 mins.
Game 25: Drakengard 3 - 18 hrs. 50 mins.
Game 26. Strider(Ps3) - 12 hrs. 20 mins.
Game 27. Strider 2 - 46 mins.
Game 28. Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition - 30 Hrs. 45 mins.

http://www.raptr.com/wyvernshido
http://www.backloggery.com/wyvernshido

Yasawas

Sorry if this was asked before, but does each episode of Walking Dead season 2 count as one game, or the whole season together counts as 1?

I think it's up to how you perceive it. I see it as one platinum trophy, one game, but you can count it as five if you like. It's a personal target after all.

Updated original post here.

Finished my third game this year, A Link to the Past, for the first time ever. Awesome game, though I think a lot of what may have been revolution at the time has long since become zelda convention. I'm excited to play A Link Between Worlds and compare the two directly as first play experiences without any nostalgia.

donny2112

The touching in-game story of the flute boy in the forest with the turnaround in the credits really got me, then, and still brings a happy smile now thinking about it. Gameplay-wise, yeah, it established/refined a lot of the now-standard Zelda formula.

Up to 4 games completed. Not bad of a start so far

I updated my original post

So this week i finished FFIV and Papers Please.

Edit:
Now i'm up to 6 games down. Granted these last 2 were on my backlog and i knew they were short so I went to get me some cushion

DuncanR2N

Neo Member
Updated Post

Finished up with Ratchet & Clank. Took me three complete playthroughs as I was determined to 100% (all gold bolts, skill points and gold weapons) without using an exploit or glitch. Gaining enough bolts for the RYNO and all the gold weapons can be done pretty easily as long as you do 3 straight playthroughs.

So I've counted that as one, but I really did beat the game 3 times in 2014 so not sure how to count that...

Finished my third game this year, A Link to the Past, for the first time ever. Awesome game, though I think a lot of what may have been revolution at the time has long since become zelda convention. I'm excited to play A Link Between Worlds and compare the two directly as first play experiences without any nostalgia.

You know I finally got around to beating that game 2-3 years ago and was amazed at how well an SNES game held up to the games of today. It really is a fantastic game.

daegan

Game 1: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) (18 hours)
# Absolutely delightful, although I wish the dungeons had been longer. May go back through it in a few months.

Game 2: Yakuza 4 (PS3) 25:57
# Amazed I only have like 6% completion after seeing the ending even :O What a great game though. I hadn't touched the series since the original demo for the American release of 1...was very pleasantly surprised putting this in on vacation. I need to play a couple smaller games to get my pace back up there now.

some updates!

Game 3: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (PSV)
# Really enjoyed this a lot. Excited that the sequel is coming later this year!

Game 4: Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes (PS4)
# Took me 3 hours. HAH

Game 5: inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4)
# Unbelievably gorgeous. I wish there was more variation in the missions that lead to the takeover missions but that's never been a strong suit of inFAMOUS and, honestly, it's a lot of fun anyway.

Sendou

Updates

Weeks gone 2. Games beaten 4.

My Backloggery.

Game 1: Portal 2 - 21 hours according to Steam which may or may not be accurate.
# I had played the singleplayer a year or two ago. Now I finally got around playing the co-op (shoutouts to Burnburn). Absolutely stellar game. I will probably try the user made content next but for now I'm considering this game beaten since I have beaten Valve's content.

Game 2: Super Mario 3D World - 41 hours 43 minutes according to Wii U logs. It's accurate but also contains some idling.
# Completed it 100%. All stamps (which includes completing each level with all characters), all green stars and all golden flagpoles. A really fun game! EAD Tokyo still has it. At first I was slightly negative about the game but it grew on me the more I played. The last level was really hard and took me between 200 and 300 tries.

Game 3: The Last of Us - No idea how long it took.
# Completed on normal without using the listening mode. Impactful game to say at least. I just want to see a day where a video game of this scale can tell a powerful story without adding a massacre to the mix. Presentation of this title was just outstanding. Gameplay wasn't bad either it just wasn't as good.

Game 4: Cook, Serve, Delicious! - 30 hours according to Steam.
# Good game. Considering it beaten now that I have a 5-star restaurant, extra challenges done (except the very last), all foods bought and upgraded and all equipment purchases (not counting the very last few or even one from ClickStarter). Remaining content including the final renovation would just include too much grinding and I don't find it one. I already saw most of the content of the game. I enjoyed the game. Really a quality title even if a little repetitive. There's just something fundamentally satisfying about the gameplay. Of course we never have enough food related video games.

Next up Shin Megami Tensei IV, NES Remix (I wonder what I'll consider beaten here. Maybe all stages with three rainbow stars but we'll see), Persona 4 Arena and Left 4 Dead 2.

SuperHans

Okay 3 down, so still on track for 1 a week. I've 3 out of 4 of the chapters in RE6 done too so should finish that during the week too.

Game 3: Super Mario 3D World - 9 Hours
# I haven't 100%'d it but I'll leave that for another time. Absolutely fantastic game. Great level design, music, graphics, just everything about it. I played the whole game with a huge smile on my face. It's really saddening that more people won't get to play this due to low Wii U sales.

Update

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
In

Game 1: Dragon's Dogma, PS3
I was gonna call this one complete earlier than I did. Defeating the Dragon just didn't feel like the end. Pushing through the end game content was a lot more fun. Fantastic RPG I put a lot of time into the last few weeks of '13 as well, so maybe this one shouldn't count.

Game 2: Super Mario 3D World, Wii U
played this with the kids so took a loooong time to get through but I feel it sharpened my skills, I had to get good enough to get all the stars and stamps in one go through

Game 3: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Xbone
boring as fuck and the aircraft carrier level made me so fucking angry that they had the wrong service ranks on the flight deck.

Game 4: Persona 3 Portable, PSP(played through ppsspp)
Played through P3 with FeMC for the first time. I like her more than the male MC unexpectedly. I hope she doesn't end up lost and forgotten.

Game 5: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, PC
Possibly my favorite game in the franchise now. Everything felt so streamlined and right. And Aveline is a tremendously interesting character. I hope she gets another game.

Game 6: Assassin's Creed 3, PC
Just incredibly underwhelmed. Not a fan at all. I had to force myself through it. If it weren't for this thread, I don't think I would have. I have the Tyranny DLC but I don't know if I want to handle it.

Game 7: Mega Man Powered Up, PSP(played through ppsspp)
Played through it on hard as Mega Man S. Love this game so much, such a shame it flopped. It and Maverick Hunter X were both so good.

Game 8: Catherine, XBox 360.
9.5 hours on normal. Got the True Freedom ending. Took me half the game to really get into the mechanics of the game but I loved the puzzles once I wrapped my head around it. Though I will say it felt like the difficulty peaked around world 7 and started dropping off to where the final level was among the easiest.

Game 9: Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost, PS3
Put in 38 hours in under two weeks, finished every arcade route and mission. Still gonna be playing with GundamGAF, but in terms of content to finish, it's all done.
My god I love this game. I'm a hardcore gunota, but I haven't played a game in the series since Gundam vs Gundam for PS2 and the fanservice, the refined gameplay, all the little things I love it so much. High entry price though as got the Premium G Sound Edition, so I was in about $110. But it was worth it for all the nostalgia of all the classic Gundam music.

Game 10. Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-bit Land. 3DS.
Neat platformer, some janky hitboxes and buggy as all get out. I beat a couple levels when I turned into a spaceship in a non space ship level and just flew to the end. Not particularly good or bad. Also a waste of the license

Game 11. Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Xbox 360.
52 hours. I loved this game so damn much. I love the trilogy in general, much moreso than most but this was especially fantastic. Kinda bummed the series is over.

Game 12: Ducktales Remastered. PC
4 hours. Steam. Fun throwback but it felt off for reasons I can't explain.

Game 13: NES Remix. Wii U
Very fun, played it pretty much all day, lol. Look forward to part 2! I wish there were more "remix" style parts and fewer preform easy task style levels. But a lot of the easiness may have come from simply being so damn familiar with some of the tasks.

Game 14: South Park: The Stick of Truth. PC
19 Hours on Steam. Loved it, I wish there were more to it, it was like being in one really long, really awesome episode

Game 15: Peggle 2. XBox One.
No clue how many hours I put in, but it was in 20-30 minute chunks over the last few months. Just finished the last challenge today.

Game 16: Titanfall. XBox One.
Played through the campaign a few times, not mega interested in the multi, it was a gift anyways. Very meh. Fun mechanics, but annoying to try and follow the story in the middle of combat.

Game 17 Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon because I DON'T KNOW!, PC
Steam, 26 hours. This game gets a bad rap because I DON'T KNOW! I played with my kids and it was a lot of fun, lots of references and callbacks to the series. Fun hack and slash gameplay, and you keep unlocking new characters and NPCs through the entire game, had a ton of fun.

Game 18 - Scribblenauts Unmasked. PC
13 Hours. Completed the main storyline, and dicked around alot. Fun game. Scribblenauts premise is showing its age though

Game 19 Dragon's Crown. PS3.
Not sure on the time, but it's been in increments since late last year. I enjoy it a lot. Not sure how well it did, but a fun couch coop game I hope gets a third game or at least a translation of Princess Crown.

Game 20 - The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds 3DS
Fucking phenomenal. One of my favt games in the franchise, I want to see more of Lorule

Game 21 - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD - PS3
44hrs. I avoided the series when it came out because it just didn't interest me. I enjoyed the game as dated as parts of it are now quite a bit, Dunno if I wanna tackle Chain of Memories on the same disk tho

Game 22- NES Remix 2, Wii U.
Rainbow starred everything.

Game 23 - Fly, Catbug Fly - Android.
Consider it beat since unlocked all the levels, upgrades and accessories.

Game 24 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD. PS3
Never had the patience to work my way through it on PS3, but once I got into them I loved the micromanagement

Game 25 - Conception 2. PS VIta.
I don't know how to tell how many hours, but a goddamn lot since I did everything you can prior to new game plus. Severely underrated IMO.

Game 26: The Walking Dead: 400 Days, PS3
Took about an hour on PS3. The game seemed utterly pointless. Just quick vignettes for random characters

Game 27: Super Mario Bros. 3 3DS VC.
Played it on a whim today, don't remember why it was on my 3DS, but I enjoyed revisiting it. Muscle memory was still there 100%, couldn't put it down until the curtain fell.

Game 28 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. PS4
Finished all the Ops finally. Not a lot of content but fuck am I excited for Phantom Pain

Game 29: Game & Wario Wii U.
Got all 240 pops. Very fun little collection, spent a lot of time in multi with the kids

Game 30 - Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, PS3
Been playing in bits and pieces since its release, finally just SS'd the last mission I needed.

Game 31: Senran Kagura, 3DS
Completed all the missions with Hanzo Academy. Fun beat em up, looking forward to more of the series

Game 32: Space Ace, PS3(PSNow)
Played via PSNow since it is free. Though it almost feels like cheating putting it here, as it is what it is.

Game 33 - Doctor Who Adventure games 1 -City of the Daleks PC
Steam, about 2 hours. Very simple game. Strangely though I dont remember ever purchasing or installing the game, but it was there in my steam queue so I played through City of the Daleks.

Game 34 - Xenoblade Chronicles.Wii(via Wii U)
Been plugging away at this forever, 202 hours Wii. Really didn't want it to end but there was nothing left to do other than take on the big bad.

Game 35. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D 3DS
Played it with my son. Took a little longer than it should have since I had to redo a lot of levels he abused super guide on, lol.

Game 36. Towerfall Ascension. PS4
Played through Quest mode with my daughter and then did trials. Very cool game. I thought quest mode would be a lot longer though

Game 37. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition, PS4
Simple top down shooter, played through it coop with my daughter. Downer of an ending though.

Game 38. The Wolf Among Us Episode 1, Faith. PC
As a huge Fables fan I've been waiting for all the eps to be out to get started and boy is it good and am I excited to see where the series goes.

Game 39, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl, 3DS
Very addictive, very cool. I loved pretty much everything about this. Making maps, the management, the battle system. I think I might go pick up a copy of EO4.

Game 40, Super Mario Bros 2.(JP/Lost Levels), 3DS VC
Holy fuck this game was hard as balls. I abused save states more than any other VC game. This game is brutal, no wonder it didn't release here until All Stars

Game 41 Monaco: What's Yours is Mine PC
Played coop with my daughter, very fun local coop game. Got tough as hell in that last run of missions.

Game 42. Gundam Breaker, PS3
Completed all the missions. Love the game, I really hope Bandai revisit the format in the future. I do believe I spent more time in the hangar picking parts and painting my MS than I did fighting though, lol.

Game 43. Battlefield 4 PC, Origin
Finished the SP campaign. Played it in small chunks. It infuriated me. As a member of the naval special warfare community(An SB1) there was so much that looked right(the ships), but so much that was so dumb and wrong(equipment, PPRs, uniforms, mixing up mission roles that marines and navy would be doing as a joint tf, having no clue the type of damage a ship can take or the capabilities of a strike group, etc) it just made me so fucking mad it took months to fucking meander through. Shit on a shingle.

Game 44. Batman: Arkham Origins, PC, 15 hours
I enjoyed it for what it was. It felt smaller than City, which is good. But still too big. I miss the claustrophobia of Arkham Asylum, and Knight sure as hell isnt going to deliver that. Nevertheless, completed the core game, did most, but not all of the missions. Wrapped up the story as I just felt like putting this one to bed.

Game 45. Mighty Gunvolt, 3DS
Very short, but I enjoyed it with all three characters. I'm excited for Might no. 9 even more now. I'm also considering importing galgun.

Game 46: Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, PS3. 97:58
Finally unlocked everything, golded every mission, got every card. The best of the 4 Gundam Musous by far, I just wished there was more of the back half of the Universal Century and WAY less SEED.

Game 47: FarCry: Blood Dragon, 6 hours
Just fantastic all around. The 80s vibe, the mechanics, just all around fantastic, I was sad that it ended

Game 48: Yoshi's New Island, 3DS
once I got over the graphical style I really enjoyed it. Fun platforming, lots to collect, highly enjoyable.

Game 49 Alien Isolation, PS4.
Finished it on normal. Such a breath of fresh air, it wasnt perfect, buti missed this kind of game. very tense, everything very deliberate.

Game 50 Bound by Flame, PC, 13 hours
Unremarkable wrpg, but fun even though i hit a game breaking bug requiring rework

Game 51 Gunman Clive, 3DS 30:22
Been sitting on my 3ds forever and i finally ran through it. So damn good.

Game 52 Bayonetta 2, Wii U
Phenomenal all around. Finished it on 2nd Climax, going back for more later but done for now, it'll be a damn shame if there is never another one.

Yasawas

66 hours deep in Bravely Default and still about three chapters to go, it's a long one. I did this though:

Game 5: Naya's Quest (Flash) - Completed 18/1/14. 1:31

I was iffy about counting this when I started with it but it's definitely a game and I did finish it so here we are. Took me longer than anticipated too but maybe I'm just a bit slow. I loved VVVVVV with all of my shitty heart and Terry Cavanagh apparently has so many great ideas for games he can just give them away for free like this. It's an initially awkward-feeling isometric environmental puzzle game where the perspective is constantly playing tricks on you, you have a button to flip between two views to help you work out where you can stand, and once you're a wee bit in and feeling cocky big Terry adds a number of twists on this to make it a bit more challenging. Some are a bit rubbish (the hexagon one, the one where the directions become straight compass points) but it never goes on long enough to drag the game down and the ones that do work, which is most of them, are fucking rad. I had a great time with this, and would happily chuck him a fiver for three or four hours worth of this on 3DS. It's like what I thought Echochrome was going to be before I bought it and found out it was boring and awful. Nice one Tel.

http://terrycavanaghgames.com/nayasquest/

Original post.

Ganzor

Game 1: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 19h 33m
# I really liked this game. Think i found most secrets in the game. 60 FPS and good use of 3D. Some bosses where a bit to easy though.

Game 2: Titanfall - 42h
#Playing this game with friends is a blast, i love the fast gameplay and the use of titans.

Game 3: Dark Souls 2 - 53h
#I loved the first Dark Souls and the 2nd game is also great. The game is way better on pc now but i do miss how the overworld was connected in the first game.

Game 4: Transistor - 11h
#I liked this game alot, very nice graphics and soundtrack. The combat is also very good, the way you can combine the diffrent abilities is awsome.

Game 5: Wildstar - to many
#The leveling is like every other MMO, the humor is great and i love the challenge of the pve content.

Game 6: Mario Kart 8 - 30h 11m
#Great game, very fun to play online and with friends.

Game 7: Game & Wario - 11h 10m
#Very short game, could need some more multiplayer games, the game called Gamer is awesome though and usese the gamepad in an interresting way.

Game 8: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 42h 49m
#I have played the game before on the gamecube and remembered alot of the puzzles. Other then that the game looks stunning in 1080p and if you haven't played it before i will give it high recomendations.

kubinsky

alright, im late but i'm in :)

Game 1: Bravely Default - ~40 hours
# loved it! great music, lovely artstyle
and awesome job-/battlesystem.
have seen both endings but i haven't tried the secret boss yet.
completed

Game 2: Mario 3D World - ~20 hours
# my first non-2D Mario after Mario64. Played most of it in 4 player coop and we were having an absolute blast. Im just missing "that one level" and the charakter stamps, may 100% this later.
completed

Game 3: Rayman legends - ~23 hours
# awesome 2D-platformer with lovely graphics!
completed

Game 4: Layton and the diabolical box - ~14 hours
# I think the story was a step down from layton 1, but the puzzles were better.
completed

Game 5: Operation Flashpoint Dragon rising- ~9 hours
# played it coop, had a great time :)
completed

phierce

I'm in!

Game 1: Warframe - 100+ hours.

Game 2: DCUO - Max level, gave it a shot.

Game 3: Metro: Last Light - Credits

Game 4: Bioshock Infinite - Credits

Game 5: AC4 - still pillaging and plundering, will see credits soon

Game 6: FFXIV - too many hours

Game 7: Uncharted 2 - Credits

Game 8: Uncharted 3 - Credits

Game 9: CoJ: Gunslinger - Credits (pretty damn good game for $14.99)

Game 10: Tomb Raider - Credits (better than expected)

Game 11: Dead Nation - lots of co-op.

Game 12: Wipeout 2048 - racing daily.

Game 13: Smart As - I do the daily quiz every day (guess this counts?).

Game 14: Dark Souls 2 - Credits and so much more (great f'n game and it has slowed down my progress for this challenge).

Game 15: Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath - Credits

Game 16: InFamous Second Son - still playing, will platinum soon.

Game 17: MLB 14: The Show - 1 RttS season down, many more hours to come.

eh why not

might motiviate me to complete my backlog

Game 1: Persona 3 Portable - 112:56
BEATEN
loved every second

Game 2: Tales of Xillia - 0:00
# INSERT INFO AND COMMENTS HERE

Game 3: Bayonetta - 6:07

Game 4: JET SET RADIO HD - 7:08

Game 5: Fire Emblem: Awakening - 0:00

Game 6: Uncharted 3 - 0:00

Game 7: Yakuza 3 - 23:42

Game 8: Grand Theft Auto 5 - alot

Game 9: Persona 4 - 92:55
BEATEN

loved it
Game 10: Senran Kagura Burst - 30:00

Garcia

Yep. I'm totally in. :)

Game 1: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen - 36:22 hours. - [Finished]
# It is an average RPG. What made it jump from "epic levels of storyteling" straight into average quality was the complete absence of Party Chat. It really is a game changer and now that I'm playing DQV it's really easy to tell that function alone is one of the saga's best additions and strengths. Blessed be its fast battle speed option though.

Game 2: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - ~60 hours . [Finished]
# Very disappointed. I actually struggled throughout most of the game and only enjoyed a fraction of the entire adventure. Too much problems to list in such a small space but off the top of my head I can mention the things I liked and disliked the most: Loved some of the boss battles and hated the lack of immediate bonfire teleporting.

Game 3: Super Hexagon - ~9 hours so far. (on-going)
# I haven't touched it for 4 days straight now but will do so very soon in order to finally beat the last stage: Hyper Hexagonest.

Game 4: Bioshock 1: Survival Mode. ~3 hours. (on-going)
# Been a year since the first time I beat it. What an amazing game, although Survival can be quite an annoyance! Bouncers and Big Daddies are made of Titanium on that difficulty. Not enjoyable even one bit.

Game 5: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. ~4 hours. [Finished]
# Impeccable storytelling from start to finish. Gorgeous visuals, clever puzzles and a completely unexpected ending. I haven't had so much playing playing a game of this nature since ICO! You should really ought to give this one a try if you enjoy Team ICO's games. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Game 6: BRAID - ~2 hours. [Finished]
# I was completely blown away by the cleverness of the game from start to finish. I wasn't expecting it to be so damn good. The ending took me by surprise and I almost fell of my chair. Definitely one of my favorite puzzle games to this very day. A perfect marriage between gorgeous visuals and top-notch gameplay. Impressive game.

Game 7: Tales of Xillia. ~ 24 hours (on-going)
#

Game 8: ICO ~ 3 hours (on-going)
# 3rd. playthrough. Been 5 years since the last time I played it.

Game 9: Shadow of the Colossus ~ 4 hours (on-going)
# 4th playthrough. 2 years since the last time I 100%'d it.

Game 10: Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride ~38 hours [Finished]
# Great storytelling, fantastic interaction between characters, fast combats, memorable boss fights and vile villains. DQV delivers quality in every aspect and then raises the bar even more. The multi generational aspect of the game is unique and I wish more games went this way or at least tried to explore the possibilities.

It is definitely one of the most enjoyable JRPGs I've played recently.

Game 11: Electronic Super Joy ~1 hour (on-going)
#Damn hard, great visuals and soundtrack, loving it.

Game 12: FEZ ~ 2 hours (on-going)
# Gorgeous and creative. It is so, so good.

Game 13: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (102%) ~ 7 hours [Finished]
# 102%, nostalgia, great soundtrack, perfect level design. Been 3 years since my last re-run and I won't ever grow tired of playing it.

Game 14: Megaman 1 & 2 ~9 hours [Finished]
# I aimed for a perfect run (buster only [mostly], no damage) and had to learn all the boss patterns, get some help by viewing YouTube videos and read some guides in order to learn the tricks necessary to achieve such a milestone. It was very challenging and fun to do!

Game 15: Guacamelee ~12 hours [Finished]
# I played this in Co-op mode and man, I can only say: what a masterpiece. I fell in love with the visual style and the sense of humor. It chose the best aspects of mexican folklore and blended them into a very satisfactory experience from start to finish. Aiming for a 100% score is extremely challenging and rewarding which is one of the things I love the most about a good platformer.

It is a must buy for anyone who enjoys the genre. Excellent quality!

Game 16: Dark Souls 2 (coming soon)
#

Game 17: Donkey Kong Country (101%) ~2 hours (on-going)
#

Game 18: Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixy Kong's Double Trouble (105%) (on-going)
#

Game 19: Bastion
#

Game 20: Super House of Dead Ninjas
#

Game 21: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
#

Game 22: Antichamber
#

Extra 1: The Plan
#

Game 23: Kingdom Rush
#

Game 24: La Mulana
#

lyrick

I'm in

Game 1: Final Fantasy XIV:ARR - ??? a whole lot of hours -[Finished] [/B]
#It was a magnificent followup to FFXII and feels like the series is back on track. Finished the main quest line, and called it good. My soon to be inactive character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/6099333/

Game 2: A Legend of Zelda ALBW- 15:28 - [Finished]
#a simply awesome follow up to one the best games of all time, greatly done all around. Missed a few items on my run, I will go back and find them and will be playing this game again.
zlCfzRbIu_YjCiBIvF

Game 3: Bioshock Infinite (PS3) - ~12 hours - [Finished]
# Just a quick run through on normal to experience the title. I didn't find the experience very worthwhile and only completed it for the sake of this thread. If I could have my time back I would take it.

Game 4: Titanfall (PC) - 10+ hours - [Finished Campaign & lots of multiplayer]
# Awesome Fun time, will continue playing off and on throughout the year.

Game 5: Diablo 3:RoS (PC) - ?? hours - [Finished expansion content + Grinding]
# Great additions to the vanilla game, Adventure mode is fun as hell.

Game 6: Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha (PC) - ?? hours - [made it to level 19 before the reset]
# First MOBA I've enjoyed playing, but as the community grows that may change.

Ahh yea it was from the activity log, that makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up! Is there a better way to check ACTUAL playtime?

Game 6: Limbo[Vita]~3 hours
Cool game, picked this up for 3.50 on the PSN sale. I loved that this game made you feel so alone and asking over and over, where am I? What am I doing? Left lots of questions.

Whats the best way to see playtime on Vita for games that don't flat out say? Can't really access the save file to see like on PS3.

Updated post here.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Moving away from the PS1 for abit I went an blazed (aka infinite mega machine guns) through TM: Black! In the exact amount of time it took me ta clear TM2 ta boot. One of the best an fully realized game "worlds" there is. Makes me wish there were an open world version where you could get out of your vehicle an just explore everywhere inside and out.

Games Beaten: 6 / 52
Total Playtime: 17 hours, 25 minutes

link!

Lemstar

6: Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS) - 7h (01/16/14 - 01/19/14)

Trauma Center is probably about as accurate a portrayal of actual surgery as the Ace Attorney games are of actual trials, but that doesn't stop it from being impressively fun. The plot and writing are both cheesy as hell, but the operations themselves are . (Admittedly, the degree of difficulty probably has something to do with it - tone the 'boss fights' down too much and they'd get a bit dull.)

nynt9

I've played more than 20 hours of Ascension (iOS card game based on a real card game) and I will play a lot more by the end of the year. Same with DayZ. Is there a way to make these games count?

olimpia84

Very productive day for me, beat both Shadows of the Damned and Pokemon X. My tally is up to 4 games :)

See updated post.

I've played more than 20 hours of Ascension (iOS card game based on a real card game) and I will play a lot more by the end of the year. Same with DayZ. Is there a way to make these games count?

I don't think there's a written rule but I think the OP said that if you put more than 10 hours in some of those online games it should count as 'completed'.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Game 5: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

Possibly my favorite game in the franchise now. Everything felt so streamlined and right. And Aveline is a tremendously interesting character. I hope she gets another game.

Going good so far this year, up to seven already if you include part one of Broken Age. Times a bit off due to being afk but hopefully can keep going.

Game 1: Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag - 31 Hours
Main Story, still a bunch of side stuff to do but won't be going back anytime soon.

Game 2: Gone Home - 1.5 Hours
Glad I managed to avoid spoilers. Didn't find it as amazing as others but pretty cool none the less.

Game 3: The Stanley Parable - 1.9 Hours
Really enjoyed this, would say I got about half of the endings.

Game 4: Call of Juarez Gunslinger - 5.5 Hours
Again, really enjoyed this. Just some fun silly shooting, story was alright. Was cool to see all these names you recognise mentioned,

Game 5: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 10.9 Hours
Amazing art and music, gameplay good for most part but terrible boss design.

Game 6: Broken Age: Part One - 4.5 Hours
A bit short and easy but really charming and fun experience.

Game 7: Saints Row IV - 23 Hours
Greatest free weekend ever. Managed to get up to 91%, so when it hits 75% off will no doubt grab it to finish off plus do some co-op. Brilliant.

Game 8: The Swapper - 4.6 Hours
Really neat game, atmosphere is brilliant and the puzzles are fun. Did get a little frustrated near the end but the fact I stuck with it and finished it says alot.

Game 9: Retro City Rampage - 6.7 Hours
Started really well, references are fun and last for pretty much the whole game but the gameplay does not. Gets pretty boring and repetitive then just annoying. Such a disappointed as it could have been so much better.

Game 10: Thomas Was Alone - 3.9 Hours
Really enjoyed this, never got to complicated and always stayed fun. Voice over was great and music was good. Glad I finally got round to playing this.

Game 11: Sonic CD - 1.9 Hours
The only 2D sonic I never really played so good to finally get it done. Not much else to say, good Sonic Game.

Game 12: Mark of the Ninja - 5.9 Hours
Solid game, one I've been meaning to play for ages but put off for one reason or another. Great art style and stealth is handled really well.

Game 13: Guacamelee! Gold Edition - 6.6 Hours
Started to well but man this just got worse as it went on. Maybe it was me losing interest but all the battles became a slog, boss fights weren't great. Such a shame as I wanted to love it so much when I was just getting started.

Game 14: The Wolf Among Us - Episode 2 - 1.5 Hours
Good, not as good as the first Episode but still enjoyable. Won't say much due to spoilers and the like.

Game 15: Just Cause 2 - 11.5 Hours
Great fun but just got to the stage I wanted it finished so used the BOLOPatch just to unlock the last couple of story missions to get it done.

Game 16: Jazzpunk - 2.3 Hours
All sorts of random awesomeness, really enjoyed my time with it par running into a few game breaking bugs. Really frustrating to see issues like this in a game so short.

Game 17: Metro 2033 - 9.4 Hours
Glad I finally got round to play this. Great game, visuals are stunning to boot. Recommended to everyone who wants an FPS fix. Got Last Light installed but not sure when that will get started.

Game 18: Finding Teddy - 1.4 Hours
Funny one this, really enjoyed some aspects of it but as soon as you got the thing worked out it became a bit of just go here, go there. I know backtracking is bar for the course of the genre but seemed excessive here.

Game 19: Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 1 - 2.4 Hours
I enjoyed Infitte but not enough to get the Season Pass, then along came the steam sale so got it really cheap and happy I did. Best part was easily seeing some of Rapture before it all went to hell. Looking forward to see what Episode 2 brings now.

Game 20: Crysis - 8 Hours
Happy to finally play this an get it done, gameplay why it was alright but still looks really nice for a game so old. By about half way though I just wanted it over with really.

Game 21: Steamworld Dig - 5.7 Hours
I put many an hour into Motherload and can't wait till Super Motherload hits PC so this was a great way to get some of that fix. Challenege rooms and stuff were a nice break and never too difficult, looks really sharp and nice on the PC as well. Only downside, I'll always be about 400 gold short form getting the final upgrade. Annoying.

Game 22: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - 7.1 Hours
Always wanted to play this even though I never had any real care for Warhammer as a whole. Pretty fun game that does some nice things but nothing spectacular.

Game 23: The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 2 - 1.8 Hours
One of my favourites episodes so far, really enjoyed it but won't say much more due to spoilers and what not.

Game 24: South Park: The Stick of Truth - 12.2 Hours
Wow, I had my doubts about this but it was fantastic. Felt just like one long episode of South Park. If you have any love for South Park, this game needs to be played.

Game 25: Dark Souls - 26 Hours (Plus a fair bit when Steam was down)
I really wish I had got on this game earlier, from watching streams/speed runs and what not I pretty much knew everything that was coming. Still, good to get it off the list because its a fantastic game, will be on the second from day one on PC.

Game 26: Bioshock Infinite: Burial At Sea Episode 2 - 4.3 Hours
Don't want to say too much as its still kind of fresh (well when was I wrote this part up and didn't get round to posting) but really enjoyed this for the most part. Start of the game was great and again all the location were cool, now just to complete Bioshock 2 one of these days.

Game 27: Goat Simulator - 1.8 Hours
What really can be said about this? Just mindless, random enjoyment. Will hop back in at a later date to see what is going on with the workshop support.

Game 28: Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 9.2 Hours
I was one of those that really enjoyed Conviction so enjoyed this for the most part. Nothing really stand out, but as a package its all fairly solid. Paid less than a fiver so more than got my moneys worth.

Game 29: The Wolf Among Us - Episode 3 - 1.8 Hours
Don't want to say too much for spoilers sake but so good. Really enjoyed this episode and looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Game 30: Dear Esther - 1.2 Hours
It was a Sunday and I wanted to go a walk, weather was rubbish outside so played this instead. You walk, you get some story and get to see some really awesome caves. Not much else to say.

Game 31: Sonic Generations - 5 Hours
Had this sitting around for a while and always meant to get round to it. One of the better Sonic games in recent times, looks stunning as well. Might try the Unleashed mod at somepoint.

Game 32: Dark Souls 2 - 43.5 Hours
Won't say much about this, been done to death everywhere else. Really enjoyed getting in at the ground level. With the first I had already absorbed so much by the time I got round to playing it. Got a couple of optional bosses left that I might do eventually but no rush.

Game 33: State of Decay - 8 Hours.
Played a fair bit of this on the 360 so was just diving in and playing mostly Breakdown but I've had my fix. A Co-op mode for this would be perfect.

Game 34: Rogue Legacy - 7.3 Hours
Finally got round to finishing this, had a save with just the first boss beat so was good to go back and get it done. Great game.

Game 35: Batman: Arkham Origins - 10.9 Hours
Got this in a sale, glad I didn't play full price but it was still fun. Got my fix of Batman fun, luckily didn't run into too many major bugs or what not. Just by the end I was kinda done with this sort of game again. Bosses can do one as well.

Game 36: Spelunky - 14.3 Hours
Had it on the 360 and never completed it, then grabbed it on the PC and never completed but it is done. Finally. Not much that hasn't been said about this game but if you haven't played it already. Do it.

Game 37: You Have To Win The Game - 1.4 Hours
Free and it had Playfire rewards so thought why not. Pretty fun and never too frustrating. Like the style as well. Good way to kill some time for free.

Game 38: The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 3 - 1.5 Hours
Damn. So good again. Won't say anymore because of spoilers, etc.

Game 39: Saints Row: The Third - 14.5 Hours
Started this end of last week just to do some co-op with a mate then seen there was Playfire rewards so got stuck into them. Then realised two of the assassinations didn't unlock to quite near the end so...just ended up playing through the whole thing. Played it on 360 at launch but nice to play the PC version. Really good.

Game 40: Sleeping Dogs - 15 Hours
So glad I finally got round to finishing, great game. Stunning as well, really shines at night with the rain. Can tell it was going to be a True Crime game, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Game 41: Batman: Arkham Origins - Cold Cold Heart - 3.1 Hours
Mixed feelings on this, had some good moments but the final boss fight was terrible. All Batmanned our, will wait for Knight to drop in a sale I think.

Game 42: Shadowrun: Returns - 8.6 Hours
I backed this on Kickstarter but just never got round to finish it. Fairly enjoyable though, going to try get stuck into the DLC before too long and maybe try our some UGC? Game breaking bugs that cause you to roll back multiple saves can get to though.

Game 43: The Wolf Among Us - Episode 4 - 1.3 Hours
Still fairly fresh, so not much to say due to spoilers. Just wish these episodes were a little bit longer.

Game 44: Watch Dogs - 16.2 Hours
Just the main story and a couple of bits of side content that I might go back to at somepoint. Really frustrating game, could be so good but some parts are just horrid. Doesn't help it runs like garbage without some work :(

Game 45: Battlefield 2 - 6.3 Hours
Got it free on Origin so thought why not and had a bit of a FPS itch that needed to be scratched. Great looking game but generally just alright campaign. Nothing offensively bad, mixed up the missions not too bad but nothing that really stood out. But for free you can't complain too much.

Game 46: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - 4.3 Hours
I bought a game in a Steam Sale and actually completed it within a day or two. Nothing else to say.

Game 47: Rock of Ages - 3.7 Hours
Had this sitting around for a while so decided to give it ago, think I played the trial on XBLA ages ago. Really fun little game, pretty funny as well to boot. Didn't find the bosses anything special and a few levels were annoying but overall enjoyable.

Game 48: DLC Quest - 1.5 Hours
DLC Quest has DLC? Another I've had sitting about, some parts are funnier than others but for the length of it and how cheap it goes in sales it is worth it for those laughs.

Game 49: BattleBlock Theater! - 8.4 Hours
Got it cheap in the sale so just got stuck into it. Great game, can get pretty challenging on the later levels. Loads of charm about it to boot!

Game 50: FTL - 8.9 Hours
Finally. Has been eluding me for a while, finally got that good run. Won't be the last time I play it, but I got the boss beat.

Game 51: Stacking - 2.1 Hours
Had this on the 360 and got a couple of levels done so when starting again on the PC I could batter through them. Like BattleBlock, loads of charm and a really decent game.

Game 52: Little Inferno - 2.7 Hours
Not the best game to round it off but I just wanted something short, and burning everything is always a bonus. Pretty fun at times, and nice little twist of sorts at the end.

Game 53: Bulletstorm - 7.5 Hours
So much fun, had it on the 360 but never got round to finishing to was good to finally get it done. If you get the chance to play this, go for it.

Game 54: Shovel Knight - 5.7 Hours
Fantastic game. Super well put to get from the design, controls, music. Great package. Really happy with how it turned out after backing on Kickstarter.

Game 55: The Wolf Among Us - Episode 5 - 1.4 Hours
One of those I don't want to say much about with spoilers but it's been great. Really loved the universe, maybe one day I'll check out the comics.

Game 56: The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 4
As above, going good but don't want to say much about for obvious reasons. Can't wait to see how it wraps up though.

Game 57: The Expendabros - 1 Hour
I just needed something to complete, had fell off the wagon and it was free and short. Great fun and will hopefully help kickstart me to continue.

Game 58: Battlefield 4 - 6.5 Hours
It was free, free was a good price. It looks lovely but the campaign is great at all really, also the checkpoints can do one.

Game 59: Joe Danger 2; The Movie - 3.4 Hours
Fun little game, didn't do all the extra challenges and what not but enough to get me to the end. Wrapped it up at the right time as any longer and I might have started just getting frustrated.

Game 60: The Walking Dead: Season 2 - Episode 5 - 2 Hours
No spoilers so not much to say apart from I'll need to play it again for the achievements that didn't show when the episode first went live.

Game 61:Wolfenstein: The New Order - 11.5 Hours
Started this a while back so was nice to get it wrapped up. Great game, enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Might go back and do the other time line at some point.

Game 62: Lego: Marvel Super Heroes - 16.6 Hours
Actually played nearer 30 hours of this but the 16.6 was when I finished up the main story( and some side content) Played the whole thing co-op with a mate and we ended up carrying on to get the 100%. Really enjoyed it. Which leads onto...

Game 63: The Lego Movie: Videogame - 7.2 Hours
As if Marvel wasn't enough we decided to go for another, luckily this game is much shorter and doesn't have anywhere near as many collectables. 7.2 is when we finished the story and again some side content. Now on the quest for 100% which will take us up to around 10 hours but not sure when that will happen.

Game 64: Trials Fusion - 2.6 Hours
Got an Xbox One for a week of a mate and this was installed. Timed it till credits, though I'll probably go back and try improve some medals on hard and try some expert. More Trials, but doesn't have the same magic as Evolution.

Game 65: Dead Rising 3 - 15.8 Hours
Fun game, performance not the best in parts but the amount of zombies was great. At the end the back and forward nature of some quests got frustrating.

Game 66: Dead Rising 3: Untold Stories - 6.3 Hours
Maybe not the best idea straight after completing the main game. More of the same, more frustration but some good points.

Game 67: Urban Trial Freestyle - 2.8 Hours
Decent Trials clone, some of the challenges in it weren't too much fun but nice little Trials fix.

Game 68: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 13.4 Hours
What a game. Really fun all round then the nemesis system that took things to another level.

Game 69: Bridge Constructor - 2.4 Hours
It is what it is. This was in my complete anything to try hit 100 phase.

Game 70: Bridge Constructor Playground - 1.7 Hours
As above.

Game 71: Hitman: Sniper Challenge - 1.3 Hours
Like above, anything to get to the 100 games. All the challenges and what not completed, pretty fun actually.

Game 72: DmC: Devil May Cry - 9 Hours
Really awesome design in parts. A couple of the bosses and areas especially. Worth picking up cheap and playing through.

Game 73: DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall - 1.7 Hours
Again maybe not the best idea to play this right after the base game but it was still fairly enjoyable.

Game 74: Injustice: Gods Among Us - 3.8 Hours
Free weekend. Well put together game but reminded me I ain't very good at fighting games.

Game 75: Borderlands 2: Season Pass - 6 Hours
Had it since launch on a pricing error but never got round to doing any of the DLC. Good highs, terrible lows.

Game 76: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 16.8 Hours
More Borderlands. All you can say about it really, hopefully the proper sequel will have some bigger changes.

Game 77: OlliOlli - 2.7 Hours
All the basic levels complete, not always the five starts. Great game though, frustrating at times but the soundtrack is great.

Game 78: VVVVV - 2.1 Hours
Great game, great soundtrack. If you have it, play it.

Game 79: Saints Row IV - DLC Run - 2.4 Hours
Picked it up cheap at somepoint but never got around to it. Like the Borderlands 2 stuff, good highs, not so good lows.

Game 80: Peggle Deluxe - 4.1 Hours
I had only ever completed Peggle on an old iPod Classic so was good to go in and play it again. Peggle...yeah.

Game 81: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 12.7 Hours
Been plugging away at this for a while. Great kart racer, nice variety as well. Though, unlocking a new difficulty and the end making you go back and do every race again to get to the final couple? Nope.

Game 82: Far Cry 4 - 18.3 Hours
More Far Cry 3. More fun, still got some side content to do but who knows when I'll get round to it.

Game 83: FootLOL: Epic Fail League - 4.2 Hours
Good little time killer that can provide some funny moments.

Game 84: Fork Parker's Holiday Profit Hike - 1.7 Hours
Free game so no complaints really. Not much else to say either.

Game 85: Proteus - 30 Minutes
Not much of a game but still fun none the less. Just wandering about and hearing the changes in audio and seeing the different seasons.

Game 86: Offspring Fling - 2 Hours
Another one of those games I've had for ages but never got round to it. Glad I finally done, fun little puzzler that never got too taxing.

Game 87: Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory - 2.5 Hours
Fun game with some really cool ideas but got frustrating at some points when it felt the controls weren't quite clicking.

Game 88: Puddle - 3.1 Hours
Shame the controls let this down, if only it had an option to switch between the pools of liquid that got separated. Enjoyed it though.

Game 89: Eets Munchies - 0.9 Hours
This is the "I might actually hit 100, lets get stuff completed" stage. Decent game, nothing more.

Game 90: Dynamite Jack - 2.1 Hours
Fun game, no major issues. A little frustrating at times but nothing that jumped out as bad.

Game 91: Dead Pixels - 1.2 Hours
Glad I finally got round to playing this, great little game. Co-op is pretty good as well.

Game 92: The Plan - 5 minutes
Well...its free, short and a nice twist at the end. Go play it.

Game 93: Halo: Spartan Assault - 4.1 Hours
This could have been so much better. Nothing really terrible about it, just nothing that good. Ohh! Dying two seconds before the end of a mission and having to do the whole thing again? That sucks when it wasn't fun first time.

Game 94: KAMI - 1.5 Hours
The game where perfect is best, but being OK will get you to the end. Clever puzzler.

Game 95: Fortix - 1.5 Hours
It was alright, once you work out a pretty easy way to cheese it though it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Game 96: Hexcells - 2.2 Hours
Minesweeper type puzzle game. The sounds when clicking on things was great as well. No complaints.

Game 97: Ben There, Dan That - 2.1 Hours
Pretty decent point and click, but being honest only got through it to help reach the 100 target.

Game 98: Splice - 2.3 Hours
Yet another clever puzzler. Fantastic UI/Menu design as well.

Game 99: To The Moon - 3.8 Hours
Not much of a game per say but a really charming experience with the story, audio and some of the writing. Nice relaxing game.

Game 100: A Birds Story - 1.1 Hours
Pretty much the exact same as To The Moon which was to be expected. Nice way to round things off for the year.

Bankoiia

Just finished Ghost Trick on iOS. What a game. I even cried a little at the end. Updated my original post with some on-the-spot comments. It can be found here.

After three portable games I feel like playing something on a home console next.

SuperHans

Number 4 down. I don't think I'll get to have a month with such quality games again. (FE:A, Bioshock Infinite, SM3DW & Zelda ALBW)

Game 4: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 14 Hours
Completed
20th January
#Brilliant game! Loved the puzzles and how smooth the whole thing ran (60 FPS I assume). Graphics weren't brilliant but there were some nice touches here and there. A worthy sequel to A link to the Past.

Updated Post

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Update:

Game 1: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
# Got to the credits in the World Tour mode, and even continued a bit beyond that. Amazing game that is probably one of my favorite racers of all time. 9/10

Game 2: NES Remix
# Completed everything with three stars. Very, very cool game to play in small sessions. Hope they make a sequel with second generation Nes-games! 7/10

Game 3: Wario Land 4
# I never liked the original Wario Land, and was therefore not very interested in its sequel. However, thanks to a recent episode of retronauts, I decided to pick up a few. I found Wario Land 2 to be well crafted, but a bit boring, but Wario Land 3 and 4 seriously blew my mind with their awesomness. Where WL3 played a bit like a metroidvania-game, earning new abilities, and having you really think and explore, WL4 was more of a regular plattformer. While a bit on the easy side, the level design was just so masterful that it was hard not to love it. Definitely recommended for everybody! 9/10

Game 4: Sonic Advance
# I always loved the 2D Sonic games on the Mega Drive, and have for a long time been thinking about trying out the games available for the GBA. I think the game was pretty fun, although, most zones were way to easy. I remember back in Sonic 1, you was somewhat challenged already on the second zone (Marble Zone), but here, only the sixth and final zone was difficult enough to kill you - and then mostly from cheap speeding to your death-kills. Anyways, the zones themselves were large and well made, with opportunity for both exploration and speeding through, which is just how I like my sonic-games. Looking forward to check out the sequel later this year! 6/10

Game 5: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
# The first Castlevania on the gba was also the last Igavania i hadnt completed untill now. For its time it was probably pretty great, but seen in the light of its far superior sequels, this one feels pretty poor now unfortunately. The music is great, but the level design feels very random, and the DSS-system is very poorly thought out. On the plus side, the game is much more challenging than later games, thanks to it being pretty hard to stock up on potions and such, making the game really satisfying to conquer. 7/10

Enthus

I was totally going to do this challenge, but then I started playing WoW again a while ago. I've probably already failed now.

Yasawas

Boom.

Game 6: The Room (& Epilogue) (Android) - Completed 20/1/14. About 2:30

I've had smartphones since the piece-of-shit OG iPhone but there are only about five games in that time I've enjoyed and this is the first one I've ever finished. It's 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors without the talking and it's great (I adore 999 btw). The controls can be a bit fiddly now and again on a Nexus 7 (I would rather have had a button to zoom out than do a goatse motion) and it loses steam towards the end of the main game but those are harsh criticisms for a title that cost a couple of quid. Fantastic stuff and I eagerly await the Android release of the sequel which I hear is even better somehow.

Original post.

jf DOOM

Putting in for this. Don't know if I'll make it to 52 but definitely getting in as many as I can.

Game 1- Don't Starve (ps4) really fun game. Flew through it and unlocked all the standard characters. Adventure mode is a little too involved.

Game 2-Trine 2 (ps3) had this sitting on my hard drive for months, finally sat down and flew through it. Looks great and had a blast with it.

Game 3-Borderlands 2 (ps3) played it on 360 on release but never finished it. Once it went free on Plus I couldn't get enough of it.

Next game up is Brothers. I hear it's short really looking forward to it.

mekes

Just finished my 4th game - Shadows of the Damned. I would definitely have played some of the games I own a little sooner if I had any idea what they were and who made them!

Updated my post

I think I'm making some good headway so far this year, might as well give it a shot.

Game 1 - Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag ~ 30 hours (Completed January 12, 2014)

I'm finished the campaign, but I will definitely be going back to complete this one 100%. Will update as such.

Game 2 - 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors ~ 15 hours (3 endings complete)
How many endings does one have to get to say they are done with it? How do I even know when I have the "best" ending?

Game 3 - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons ~ 3 hours (Completed January 6, 2014)
It was a touching game, but I don't really remember having much fun playing it. I'm glad that I experienced it, but I don't see myself ever going back to it.

Game 4 - Dark Souls ~ 17 Hours (in progress)
My first time playing. I think I still have a long way to go. I've hit the point where I love it though. It takes a while to grab you, but when it does...

Game 5 - Rogue Legacy ~ 7 Hours (in progress)

I don't know that it is possible for me to beat this game, but I'm enjoying beating my head against the wall. I had no idea before this very minute that I've put 7 hours into this game.

Game 6 - Devil May Cry: DmC ~ 2 hours (in progress)

Downloaded off PS+. I love the combat, but the platforming is unnecessary and the story is just as bad as any other DmC game, just in a different way.

Game 7 - Kentucky Route Zero ~ 1 hours (2 acts completed as of January 20, 2014)

FluxWaveZ

Game 2 - 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors ~ 15 hours (3 endings complete)
How many endings does one have to get to say they are done with it? How do I even know when I have the "best" ending?

There is a very clear ending to that game and it is very much based on the fact that there are multiple endings. If you get stuck or just want to critical path the game, follow a 999 ending guide to the true ending.

oggob

Likely to not get anywhere near 52 Games across the year, but look to use this as a track of games that I have played...

OVERALL STATUS : 28 Complete, 22 In Progress - Clicking on the Game Number (#XX) will link to the updated post with some small comments about the game.

COMPLETE
Completion #01 : Game #01 : PixelJunk Shooter 2 (PS3 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 90%)
Completion #02 : Game #02 : Contrast (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #03 : Game #04 : WRC 3 (Vita | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #04 : Game #08 : Doki Doki Universe (Vita/PS3 | ~11hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #05 : Game #09 : Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward (Vita | 40hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #06 : Game #10 : Doki Doki Universe (PS4 | ~11hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #07 : Game #11 : Stick It To The Man (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #08 : Game #13 : Kung Fu Rabbit (Vita | ~6 hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #09 : Game #14 : Stick It To The Man (PS3 | ~6hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #10 : Game #15 : Danganronpa : Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita | 46hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #11 : Game #26 : Stick It To The Man (PS4 | ~3hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #12 : Game #20 : Hatsune Miku : Project Diva f (Vita | ~75hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #13 : Game #29 : God Of War (Vita | ~13hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #14 : Game #30 : God Of War II (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #15 : Game #23 : MotoGP 13 (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #16 : Game #07 : Jetpack Joyride (Vita | ~204hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #17 : Game #31 : God Of War II (PS3 | ~17hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #18 : Game #32 : PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4/Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #19 : Game #33 : Flower (PS4 | ~8hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #20 : Game #34 : Flower (Vita | ~8hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #21 : Game #35 : Ratchet & Clank (Vita | ~15hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #22 : Game #36 : Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4 | ~12hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #23 : Game #25 : Octodad : Dadiest Catch (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #24 : Game #37 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (Vita | ~19hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #25 : Game #40 : Ratchet & Clank 3 : Up Your Arsenal (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #26 : Game #03 : Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Vita | ~37hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #27 : Game #47 : Danganronpa 2 : Goodbye Despair (Vita | ~66hrs | Trophies - 100%)
Completion #28 : Game #46 : Velocity 2X (Vita | ~25hrs | Trophies - 100%)

IN PROGRESS

Game #05 : Everybody's Golf (PS3 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 18%)
Completed Stage 1, so that is for me, defeating the first final challenger, this has opened up the real final challenger, but currently leveling golfers to max and trying to crown all the challenge requirements. No doubt this will be fully completed but will be still far off 100% the game trying to get a Hole In One or Albatross, not to mention all the Rising, Homing and Spiral shots.

Game #06 : Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (Vita | ~42hrs | Trophies - 100%)
The Road to 100% Completion, so you can't really "complete" the game, this will be a track of obtaining the final trophy (Play For 100hrs), estimates put my time total at approximately 35hrs at the beginning of 2014.

Game #12 : Rayman Legends (Vita | ~60 Days | Trophies - 82%)
The game was completed last year, with only 3 trophies remaining in the game.
+ Win a diamond cup at the end of a Challenge (Completed - 19th Feb)
+ Reach the final level of Awesomeness (In Progress)
+ Gather 1 million Lums to unlock the final Hero (In Progress)

Game #16 : Luftrauser (Vita | ~7hrs | Trophies - 76%)
Bought this on a whim after all the comments the Luftrausers / PSN thread... game is like crack, one of the best quick go / just one more game games available. Completely suck at it, but still having some fun.

Game #17 : Smart As... (Vita | ~20hrs | Trophies - 76%)
PS+ strikes again... have only done 65 Daily challenges... John Cleese is pretty cool and the game works alright at the moment, seems like a cheapish game to make, Sony could really try to make a series out of it. Very close to finishing this off, just need to organise myself around some time in the daytime with the AR Cards and all that stuff.

Game #18 : Infamous : Second Son (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 70%)
Good story complete, will clean up the city and then move onto Expert and the Evil story.

Game #19 : Stealth Inc : A Clone In The Dark (PS4 | ~4hrs | 15%)
2nd run through, 100% completed the Vita/PS3 version last year and have started this again... having been a while between drinks, there were some rooms in Sequence 1 that confused me once again... game is still awesome!

Game #21 : FEZ (Vita/PS4 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 57%)
First time playing, need a big break from the game as I was starting to lose it with learning the Alphabet and Number system. I did spoil one puzzle for myself, which I would have never have worked out in a million years, other than that... still going strong but need to dive back in.

Game #22 : Mercenary Kings (PS4 | <1hr | Trophies - 0%)
Heard this might be Vita bound also, retroactive CrossBuy, so will be waiting to see if that comes about as I think I would much prefer this game on the handheld.

Game #24 : Trials Fusion (PS4 | ~5hrs | Trophies - 10%)
First ever Trials game for me, where I can see the appeal of the game, but I have too much on at the moment to really get stuck into it.

Game #27 : F1 Race Stars (PS4 | ~15hrs | Trophies - 41%)
This was previously started a long time ago, but I wanted to finish it off to remove from my HDD on the PS3. It's not a traditional Kart game, power slides are out, so you really have to slow around hard corners, but overall the stylised versions of the tracks around the world are quite fun.

Game #28 : MotorStorm Apocalypse (PS4 | ~2.5hrs | Trophies - 8%)
Recently got a 3D TV and wanted to try something out, this was something that was just there and so I started it... HA!

Game #38 : New'n'Tasty : Oddworld - Abe's Oddysee (PS4 | ~6hrs | Trophies - 28%)
Currently at the Zulag 2, the new style looks amazing, but there are certainly some control 'issues' to get used to, but recent patches make the game control more like the original which I am happy about.

Game #39 : Ratchet & Clank 2 : Going Commando (PS3 | ~10hrs | Trophies - 17%)
Replaying the PS3 version also... PS3 version is much easier on the eyes, but the Vita version still plays fine.

Game #41 : Surgeon Simulator (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 5%)
Not taking this seriously, this is more about stuffing around if and when I feel like it.

Game #42 : Pix The Cat (PS4 | ~1hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Game is pretty tough, have enjoyed what I have played of it, but need to work on my runs.

Game #43 : Pix The Cat (Vita | ~3hrs | Trophies - 4%)
Game is pretty tough, have enjoyed what I have played of it, but need to work on my runs.

Game #44 : Driveclub (PS4 | ~7hrs | Trophies - 24%)
Connection issues aside, game looks and plays fantastic, nice to come back and try and improve times and get all stars.

Game #45 : Let's Fish! Hooked On (Vita | ~10hrs | Trophies - 18%)
This was on sale way in the past and I never started it up, this was started in the lead up to some of the bigger games on the Vita to fill some time.

You can see the budget for the game was small and there are some huge inconsistencies across the game, the actual gameplay is also very simplistic and repetitive. Aside from all that, it's a nice distraction to play something I haven't really played before. If they streamlined the game abit instead of padding it with 4 characters, it could have been far more enjoyable.

Game #48 : The Playroom (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - 18%)
Was just messing around with this to see if the kids like the robots, will return to clean up one day.

Game #49 : Peggle 2 (PS4 | ~4hrs | Trophies - 18%)
I don't know why I bought this, I like the game but yeah I don't know... will be another on and off game over time.

Game #50 : Grand Theft Auto V (PS4 | ~2hrs | Trophies - ??%)
Just started, looks great and 1st Person mode kinda makes it a whole new game.

JC Lately

Well, why not? Might actually motivate me to clean up this 80+ game back log.
Not sure how successful I&#8217;ll be with monsters like Xenoblade, SMT IV and Fallout: New Vegas on the pile, but WTH! I&#8217;ll give it a shot.

Game 1: Virtue's Last Reward- 38:24 Hours
# What can I say about this game that numerous OT's and LTTP threads on GAF haven't said already? I'm closing in on the True Ending now though; Everyone route is complete save Pi. I think i have an inking about what the Nonary/AB game is trying to accomplish this time around, and if I'm right its going to be epic.

Game 2: Loren The Amazon Princess- 35 Min
# Played the demo of this VN/RPG a while back from the developers website, but decided to wait until it got to Steam to pull the trigger on buying it. Still pretty early, obviously, haven't seen anything that I didn't already see in the demo.

Game 3: Farcry 3: Blood Dragon - 0 min

# Just picked this up on the 14 for '14 PSN sale. Havent stated, but cant wait to dig into it. :)

olimpia84

Game number 5 beaten!

Game 5: Rain (PS3) - 3hs
# Absurdly easy and short but the game had a very enjoyable setting and emotional story, not to mention a fantastic soundtrack. Reminded me of Ico in several ways.

LGom09

#5. Gone Home -- Jan. 19 -- 1:30:00
Well executed, but it doesn't really seem like a story worth telling. I actually briefly misunderstood the ending and I think the way I saw it is more interesting than the actual ending.
I thought that when you find the final journal it implies that Sam actually told no-one about any of the stuff that happened and it's all just in her journal, but then I remembered that I was controlling a person reading the journal and Sam talks about telling her parents anyway. I'm kind of upset that's not what happens because I think that would be a cool, thought-provoking ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom