• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

There's a manga called Nickelodeon?

Oh my God I'm an idiot! I just realized why Attack on Titan is popular!

It's The Walking Dead of manga/anime. The Titans are zombies! Everything makes sense now! Zombies are popular as hell now, and these are just giant zombies!

tumblr_inline_mrtg47vGDi1qz4rgp.gif

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 1-4
I've only made a small dent into this massive series but I'm really liking the little I've read so far. It's good a pretty good hook with the survival angle and it gives you just enough info to keep you wanting more without ruining the sense of wonder and mystery at the same time. I don't really mind the look of the characters either and there's some real nice bits of scenery throughout this first volume.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Josei version of Lost or something. lol

7 Seeds 1-4

I've only made a small dent into this massive series but I'm really liking the little I've read so far. It's good a pretty good hook with the survival angle and it gives you just enough info to keep you wanting more without ruining the sense of wonder and mystery at the same time. I don't really mind the look of the characters either and there's some real nice bits of scenery throughout this first volume.

it does not.

Soul Cartel 107

As expected Faust found a way out of the situation (and predictable that he would stab himself), still need explanation on why Gretchen would allow herself to be done like that, doesnt make sense.

Bleach

Don't really get why people have such a hard on for Aizen. Most of the series all he did was sit on his ass and look smug. He only did shit once Kubo wasted our time with hundreds of pointless battles, and for what? Aizen could have done it in 1 second. People hated Aizen and liked him only due to his trolling. Then he goes crazy.

Usobuko

Banned
Kingdom 310

Kanmei fight is going to be one of the highest point in this battle. Not a bad build up before the main event.

Finally finished up Narutaru (Shadow Star).

I'm not having a good time trying to put it into words, but it was such a sad, beautiful story. Maybe I'll have something more to say about it later, but for now, I feel like I just need a good cry.

Maybe something lighthearted would be good to read...

Not sure if you noticed, the death scene of
Norio Koga
was his way of projecting his desire for having Takeo Tsurumaru's baby which he is unable to do so. Btw, tackle Bokurano next. It's similar in the sense of deconstruction and probably the best work of Mohiro Kitoh.

daveo42

Banned
Narutaru - The world is fucked up, but there's always a chance for redemption and a new start no matter how bad things get. Sadly, too many follow a path to destruction.

Best story of the forever.

I can't make that judgment based on the number of books/manga I've read, but it was really good

It's fucked up.
Too much for me.

It's the filth of humanity laid bare and the character reactions to it that make it good, but I can see why it would be too much for some. The loss of innocence of these characters too is tough to stomach, even if people face some of these disturbing circumstances in their lives when no one should have to experience them.

elfen lied has cute girls doing cute things, so i hear.

Yeah, I've already read that. Nice try though.

Btw, tackle Bokurano next. It's similar in the sense of deconstruction and probably the best work of Mohiro Kitoh.

I've already read and watched Bokurano, which was also a rough read but I completely enjoyed it. I also felt it's ending was much more dark and bleak than Narutaru's, even though the ending of the next to last chapter was perfect and easily brings me to tears. I'd say everyone should read it.

I'd just spoiler tag that entire line btw.

Yonafunu

Bleach

Don't really get why people have such a hard on for Aizen. Most of the series all he did was sit on his ass and look smug. He only did shit once Kubo wasted our time with hundreds of pointless battles, and for what? Aizen could have done it in 1 second. People hated Aizen and liked him only due to his trolling. Then he goes crazy.

Aizen is a terrible character, but a great villain.

Kingdom 309-311

Oh shut the fuck up Kanmei. I hope Moubu shove his mace on his mouth.

Shoukoku no Altair 44

Who would believe that bird poop could make you rich?

Aeon712

One Piece

This tournament just confused me, I thought at the start of it all Flamingo had 4 entrants that received a bye? The announcer even mentions them so I thought they were going to fight the 4 victors of the battle royals but now Diamante is there which should make 9 people left but then the announcer says there are only 5 left.

7 Seeds 1-4

One of the best survival/post-apocalyptic mangas in existence. You're in for a treat.

Mael

One Piece

This tournament just confused me, I thought at the start of it all Flamingo had 4 entrants that received a bye? The announcer even mentions them so I thought they were going to fight the 4 victors of the battle royals but now Diamante is there which should make 9 people left but then the announcer says there are only 5 left.

Don't read the panda translation.

Akito

One Piece

The plan was for Senor Pink, Dellinger, Lao G and Machvise to participate in the final round but as we know, they are kinda caught up in something.

daveo42

Banned
One Piece

Winners of the previous 4 matches plus Diamante is the direction it's going. Sounds like a bad translation.

The plan was for Senor Pink, Dellinger, Lao G and Machvise to participate in the final round but as we know, they are kinda caught up in something.

Actually, this was the original plan and you are correct. Completely forgot they announced the final round being with a total of 9 combatants, 5 being from Mango's crew.

bjork

Bleach

Because. He's the only hope we have left. Only Aizen saving the story can justify all of the two-minute chunks we've spent looking at Bleach chapters.

Anyway... one piece:

If they dissolve the shichibukai or whatever, you know what that means, right?

Buggy, 10th SH.

Tamanon

Banned
You guys know what's coming in Naruto with both of the "heroes" on the brink of death and needing to unite their power....

Fusion-ha!

Or Sasuke becomes a tailed beast somehow and inhabits Naruto or something.

daveo42

Banned
You guys know what's coming in Naruto with both of the "heroes" on the brink of death and needing to unite their power....

Fusion-ha!

Or Sasuke becomes a tailed beast somehow and inhabits Naruto or something.

I know some fans would be happy with that 2nd development.

bjork

What if Naruto ends with these guys being helped by their healers, but Konohamaru comes out and stuns Madara with a sexy jutsu*, enabling Tenten to hit Madara with 700 knives and shit?

*The sexy jutsu could be nude Sasuke, even. Final nod to the fangirls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden

Mayama spending time dealing with the consequences of punching his love interest in the face is some serious mood whiplash.

Glass Rebel

Kingdom

Yeah, Kanmei is going to bite dust but I don't think Mougou will leave unscathed either with Karin scheming stuff. Stakes is high yo.

scy

Maga-Tsuki 32 - PLOT. PLEASE. RETURN TO IT.

Shishunki no Iron Maiden 25 - I'm pretty sure the guy is also somehow a bad guy. Because that is precisely how this always goes.

Kingdom, up to 310 - To follow the proud tradition so far, Kanmei will die horribly after all his talk.

Sweet Tale (1-8 end)
tumblr_mzo09l31Tt1ravyleo1_500.jpg

The day to day life of two selfish guys living on a whim best describes the main story of this entertaining and enjoyable collection of stories from one of my favorite writers in the field. Unlike her stories of things involving supernatural dimension traveling and such, this was a more grounded and realistic take on just several individuals and situations. The main story was pretty good seeing two guys with essentially no goals in life and what not just trying to make it through this point in their lives, one essentially down on his luck and living off a friend and another just finding alternative ways to get fast and lots of money. Liked how they go on and ended up getting together and then just having their various daily struggles and such.

Favorite story was the one about the 35 year old store owner trying to make ends meet and his only employee younger guy there enjoying this business. It was an entertaining tale and probably first I read where the character was openly bisexual but still wholly fun and dramatic. Definitely worth a reread and probably shows she can also make even old characters fairly intriguing and worthwhile.

Bleach

praises be to Zeus!!!! I thought I was the only one who realized what a shitty villian Aizen was

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Alright, I think it's time for me to catch up in bleach.

Need some help with where I left off exactly . .

Aizen was coming to the city with all his . . hollow . . dudes? And the old man shinigami just started to fight.

I remember Ice dude fighting boobs girl. And all that.

I know, incredibly helpful description, anyone give me a range of where I left off?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Alright, I think it's time for me to catch up in bleach.

Need some help with where I left off exactly . .

Aizen was coming to the city with all his . . hollow . . dudes? And the old man shinigami just started to fight.

I remember Ice dude fighting boobs girl. And all that.

I know, incredibly helpful description, anyone give me a range of where I left off?

Depends, who was old man shinigami starting to fight?

Iron Maiden 25

The best conclusion would be if he just ends up with Nonoa while boring girl is left to suffer when new guy turns out to be evil and exposes her secret or something.

Of course that isn't going to happen. Main dude always has to end up with the most boring girl because that's how these series go.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Depends, who was old man shinigami starting to fight?

Oh god I have no idea. Aizen? One of the top ranked dudes before him? I think they revealed the city they were fighting in to be a fake/copy and something about 4 pillars and it was time for Yamam..moto? to step in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iron Maiden 25

The best conclusion would be if he just ends up with Nonoa while boring girl is left to suffer when new guy turns out to be evil and exposes her secret or something.

Of course that isn't going to happen. Main dude always has to end up with the most boring girl because that's how these series go.

Not to mention the unfortunate implications of her taking him back after he decked her, although in fairness, they're in what, eighth, ninth grade?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Oh god I have no idea. Aizen? One of the top ranked dudes before him? I think they revealed the city they were fighting in to be a fake/copy and something about 4 pillars and it was time for Yamam..moto? to step in.

Well you're certainly describing an arc, just a lot of different parts of it. Yamamoto does very little in it overall, but he does, without too much spoiling:

- Wrap dudes in fire right at the start
- Intervene to help out against a big chimera monster
- Fight an arrancar with his bare fists

Which of those do you remember?

Also, did Ichigo fight Ulquiorra yet? To completion?

Sweet Tale (1-8 end)
https://31.media.tumblr.com/1bbb2abea9045cbb7e15410307deeadc/tumblr_mzo09l31Tt1ravyleo1_500.jpg[img]

The day to day life of two selfish guys living on a whim best describes the main story of this entertaining and enjoyable collection of stories from one of my favorite writers in the field. Unlike her stories of things involving supernatural dimension traveling and such, this was a more grounded and realistic take on just several individuals and situations. [b]The main story was pretty good seeing two guys with essentially no goals in life and what not just trying to make it through this point in their lives, one essentially down on his luck and living off a friend and another just finding alternative ways to get fast and lots of money. [/b]Liked how they go on and ended up getting together and then just having their various daily struggles and such.

Favorite story was the one about the 35 year old store owner trying to make ends meet and his only employee younger guy there enjoying this business. It was an entertaining tale and probably first I read where the character was openly bisexual but still wholly fun and dramatic. Definitely worth a reread and probably shows she can also make even old characters fairly intriguing and worthwhile.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I think I'll give this a try regardless of the low rating on myanimelist.

Angry Grimace

Well you're certainly describing an arc, just a lot of different parts of it. Yamamoto does very little in it overall, but he does, without too much spoiling:

- Wrap dudes in fire right at the start
- Intervene to help out against a big chimera monster
- Fight an arrancar with his bare fists

Which of those do you remember?

Also, did Ichigo fight Ulquiorra yet? To completion?

He fights Wonderweiss, if you call. That's semi-near the end, I think, after the Ulquiorra fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom