• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Def Media Lovefest: The war is over and we can all go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

twinturbo2 said:
If MS releases an Xbox 360 Blu-ray player, I can save money over buying a PS3. :D

Unless the 360 is getting a major redesign, it would be quite inferior to the PS3 as a BD/DVD player.

Raistlin

ManaByte said:
Also, Disney's Home Video Moratorium APPLIES TO HIGH DEFINITION.

Once a Disney title goes OOP, it stays OOP for seven years.

Has that ever been officially stated ... because it is absolutely retarded?

It's fine to do it with BD's that are released date-and-day with the DVD counterpart, but they should do at least some catch up with previously released titles.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Onix said:
Has that ever been officially stated ... because it is absolutely retarded?

It's fine to do it with BD's that are released date-and-day with the DVD counterpart, but they should do at least some catch up with previously released titles.

Why should they? Why give up 10 years of milking Blu-Ray for blowing their entire vault at once? People used the EXACT SAME EXCUSE when DVD came out and Disney just laughed and swam in their money bin.

Raistlin

Xisiqomelir said:

:lol :lol :lol

riphddvd.jpg

Oh snah!

At 5pm Tokyo time we will feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of HD DVD fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Raistlin

ManaByte said:
Why should they? Why give up 10 years of milking Blu-Ray for blowing their entire vault at once? People used the EXACT SAME EXCUSE when DVD came out and Disney just laughed and swam in their money bin.

You mean with previously released VHS titles? I didn't realize they had done that ...

... in that case, carry on. I = pwned.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Onix said:
You mean with previously released VHS titles? I didn't realize they had done that ...

... in that case, carry on. I = pwned.

Yes, when DVD came out everyone was screaming at Disney to release ALL of their classics on DVD immediately.

So Disney released some like Pinnochio, Little Mermaid, Dumbo in "Limited Issue" non-anamorphic shit DVDs with recycled LD transfers for a couple months and then pulled them.

Laughed at the crying fanatics on the internet.

And then announced the Platinum line.

Raistlin

OokieSpookie said:
lulz...
hddigest smackdown forums are on lockdown

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=44114

These forums are on LOCKDOWN!!!

It appears that with the recent news, we are getting A LOT of rule violations, so here is how it's going to be:

Effective at ~8:15pm PST

Any rule violation NO MATTER HOW SMALL will result in a 1 week - 1 month ban from this site. That means ANYTHING. Call someone a sissy, and take a week off. If you are able to post multiple offenses before we catch up to you, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked... no warnings!!! If you think I'm joking... push me.

People who have been around these forums know that I don't make 'idle threats'. I will permanently ban you, and sleep like a baby! There are rules for a REASON. If you follow them, you have nothing to worry about... break them, and pay the price!!!

Secondly,
Any and all sock-puppet accounts will have both accounts permanently banned (the puppet, and the puppeteer) , and we will block your IP from accessing High Def Digest. For those who don't know what a 'sock-puppet' is, it's an account created with the sole purpose of breaking the rules.

We as moderators can see A LOT of things that normal members can't (like your IP address), and we will be removing people who are breaking the rules on purpose.

You have been warned!

HOLY SHIT!!! :lol :lol :lol

Raistlin

polyh3dron said:
AAAAHAHAHAHHA

Look at what you started Deathnote!! LOL

I'm actually wondering if that was part of it.

Crap ... they've probably been reading this thread, and were worried about a GAF onslaught :lol

teiresias

Yeah, now that HD-DVD is getting bad press LOCKDOWN!!! - whatever. Such action was probably never considered during the Paramount exclusive news.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Snah spelled "March" without the "r". :|

FIRST AND FINAL WARNING:
I hope you image freaks get the baiting out of your system in this thread, because once that Toshiba capitulation press release goes up, I'm locking this up and treating all BR bait images like Evilore treats Shawn Michaels .gifs outside of the wrestling threads. I'm as pleased as anyone to have this war over with and HD-DVD's head on a stake, but you'll have your pound of flesh here and nowhere else.

Have fun and see you in the morning.

teiresias said:
Yeah, now that HD-DVD is getting bad press LOCKDOWN!!! - whatever. Such action was probably never considered during the Paramount exclusive news.

Because they are a bunch of pussies and the Unofficial HD-DVD fansite since outside of AVS, there is no equivalent to www.blu-ray.com for the morons.

Costanza

Banned
bishoptl said:

FIRST AND FINAL WARNING:
I hope you image freaks get the baiting out of your system in this thread, because once that Toshiba capitulation press release goes up, I'm locking this up and treating all BR bait images like Evilore treats Shawn Michaels .gifs outside of the wrestling threads. I'm as pleased as anyone to have this war over with and HD-DVD's head on a stake, but you'll have your pound of flesh here and nowhere else.

So it's not staying open till Uni/Para make their announcements?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
We have no idea when those Universal/Paramount announcements are going to roll in, but Toshiba's is imminent. Frankly, leaving this thread open after that doesn't make much sense to me. It's been all "ha-ha" posts or apologist screeds - with the exception of a few posters who've scurried back to their holes, you know who you are - and I want to wrap this sucker up.

Be happy that Blu-Ray won out, and let's move on to discussing HD movies.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
bishoptl said:

FIRST AND FINAL WARNING:

Aw man, you can't keep the thread open for a little longer? I'm going to sleep soon, and I want to get my ya-yas out... :D

Xisiqomelir

bishoptl said:
We have no idea when those announcements are going to roll in, but Toshiba's is imminent. Frankly, leaving this thread open after that doesn't make much sense to me. It's been all "ha-ha" posts or apologist screeds - with the exception of a few posters who've scurried back to their holes, you know who you are - and I want to wrap this sucker up.

Don't forget to archive it too :D

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If Toshiba's PR goes up tonight and one of the JPN-based admins doesn't close this thread overnight, I'm doing it in the morning.

And pushing it into the archive.

edit: :lol Snah changed the image to the correct spelling of March. You're welcome.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
bishoptl said:
If Toshiba's PR goes up tonight and one of the JPN-based admins don't close this thread overnight, I'm doing it in the morning.
Aw, I want to close this thread with one more Michael Bay exploding pool gif. :-(

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Another day of Blu-Ray circle-jerking? The format war is over, gentlemen, no need to keep sucking each other's popsicles.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Allright, I'll be going to bed, but if this thread is locked, I want to see the last post consisting of this:
30lnl9g.gif

Oh, and I want this thread in the best of forum.:D

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
bune duggy said:
I somehow think this thread will be sans mourning.

and how likely is that TF BRD thing to happen? I mean, will I have my TF fix by March?

Transformers, Top Gun, Face Off, Blades of Glory, and a few other Paramount titles were pressed and packaged before the announcement so they're ready to go to stores.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
bishoptl said:
We have no idea when those Universal/Paramount announcements are going to roll in, but Toshiba's is imminent. Frankly, leaving this thread open after that doesn't make much sense to me. It's been all "ha-ha" posts or apologist screeds - with the exception of a few posters who've scurried back to their holes, you know who you are - and I want to wrap this sucker up.

Be happy that Blu-Ray won out, and let's move on to discussing HD movies.

I suspect those will be within days, especially with all these rumors of transformers on blu-ray comin up.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
ManaByte said:
Transformers, Top Gun, Face Off, Blades of Glory, and a few other Paramount titles were pressed and packaged before the announcement so they're ready to go to stores.
Is Days of Thunder getting a Blu-Ray release?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
twinturbo2 said:
Allright, I'll be going to bed, but if this thread is locked, I want to see the last post consisting of this:
30lnl9g.gif

Oh, and I want this thread in the best of forum.:D
Consider it done.

bishoptl said:

FIRST AND FINAL WARNING:

Now THAT'S a mod.

No sarcasm at all intended.

Farewell, thread, we'll miss you. But you are officially without a purpose, and the recent idiocy and hunting other forums for material bears this out.

ManaByte said:
OK, but will they release them all in one fell swoop or spread them out?

I think I answered my own question: if they release them all at one time what will they release for the rest of the time while ramping up production all over again on other titles? Ok, so I guess they will be staggered. I just hope that TF and Top Gun are in the first week of releases.

rc213

I just saw a report on KCAL about the Blu-Ray win. They had some random dude who had just bought a HD DVD player a couple days earlier and how crazy it was that the format was now dead, Ended with the guy showing off his AppleTV player. :lol I seriously doubt that shit wasn't staged. :lol

Sallokin

So will someone create an official BR movie thread after this closes to discuss upcoming releases/pq etc... or does one exist already?

Sallokin said:
So will someone create an official BR movie thread after this closes to discuss upcoming releases/pq etc... or does one exist already?

Exists already.

"The HD Movie Thread" is the title.

OP is me.

Search should turn it up.

Costanza

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
Exists already.

"The HD Movie Thread" is the title.

OP is me.

Search should turn it up.
It should be stickied to make it easier to find. I really doubt its going to be nearly as active as this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom