• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

Don't really get why people have such a hard on for Aizen. Most of the series all he did was sit on his ass and look smug. He only did shit once Kubo wasted our time with hundreds of pointless battles, and for what? Aizen could have done it in 1 second. People hated Aizen and liked him only due to his trolling. Then he goes crazy.

Because his bullshit is fucking entertaining compared to this boring self serious stuff going on now.

Aizen is a terrible character, but a great villain.

Because. He's the only hope we have left. Only Aizen saving the story can justify all of the two-minute chunks we've spent looking at Bleach chapters.

Pretty Much.

Don't really care as much for his motivation tbh but the way he does business is hilarious especially given how broken he was before and after the Hougoukyo stuff.

Hell I even rank Facebook as second best villain because of his trolling lol

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Well you're certainly describing an arc, just a lot of different parts of it. Yamamoto does very little in it overall, but he does, without too much spoiling:

- Wrap dudes in fire right at the start
- Intervene to help out against a big chimera monster
- Fight an arrancar with his bare fists

Which of those do you remember?

Also, did Ichigo fight Ulquiorra yet? To completion?

Shiiiit, yeah Ichigo did. I remember that. They definitely fought and Ulq faded off into dust or something.

edit:

Just picked up at around 354, probably a good a place as any. Thanks for leading me in the right direction for google!

Also . .

BLEACH 354
Seriously though..

AN ENTIRE PAGE FOR THE WORD HEART? No wonder I stopped reading it weekly all that time ago.

...oh fuck. it's the "WHOEVER SAID THE ESPADA NUMBERED FROM 1-10" chapter. The dumbest reveal of all time.

Maybe I won't pick bleach back up again after all.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Ha aw. It's pretty stupid up until around the 380s, but then shit takes off into Pretty Fuckin Sweet for a long time. Push through!

Fiiiineeeeee. I remember hearing a lot of great things about some Quincy arc, so I'll push through I guesssss.

edit: I definitely remember this, but damn this dude looks incredible.

espada-1-grim-reaper.jpg

Because his bullshit is fucking entertaining compared to this boring self serious stuff going on now.

Pretty Much.

Don't really care as much for his motivation tbh but the way he does business is hilarious especially given how broken he was before and after the Hougoukyo stuff.

Hell I even rank Facebook as second best villain because of his trolling lol

Bleach fans literally think the FKT fights were better then this? You're joking. Bleach is terrible. This arc is slightly better then the last arc. I don't fucking understand how tsundere you people are. Everyone hated Bleachs last few arcs, everyone. Between the glacial pacing, or the shit fights. Now Bleach fans think the last 2 arcs were amazing? Fucking A it's bizarro world.

I'll tell you why Aizen sucks. Aizen sucks because he made us sit through hundreds of chapters of shit when he could have just done the job himself.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach fans literally think the FKT fights were better then this? You're joking. Bleach is terrible. This arc is slightly better then the last arc.

Except that its too late to drum up a reason to care about these bad guys. Its just a mook squad and the Quincy God whose motivations are random and sort of out of the blue.

Amikami

Banned
tumblr_mzuirdfgzi1tq92k0o1_500.jpg

Supposedly Kishimoto's editor giving his condolences.

It seems Kishimoto Masashi's father passed over the weekend which is why the manga is on break next week. Now I feel like an ass for complaining. RIP. Just thought I'd share in here.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, that sucks. :( RIP.

Ashita Dorobou 1-30.5 (end)
It started off promising, but I didn't like the middle/ending developments.
Beta Ashita's death was legit sad, but grown up Ashita wasn't super compelling, so the plot fell flat when it was being driven by her. And this whole thing happened because she was tsundere (which felt really forced most of the time)? lol

Hajiotsu. 1-5
Super cute. I love innocent series like these.

Koe no Katachi 22
Was that sort of a
confession from Shouko, or am I reading too much into it
?

Not to mention the unfortunate implications of her taking him back after he decked her, although in fairness, they're in what, eighth, ninth grade?

Yeah, there's that too. The guy would need to do a lot for her to forgive him, and even that probably wouldn't be portrayed too well.

But yeah, it's probably easier to tolerate considering the ages. Kids make shitty mistakes.

scy

Not to mention the unfortunate implications of her taking him back after he decked her, although in fairness, they're in what, eighth, ninth grade?

It'll be handled when that one guy ends up being super evil and he shows up to save her. Everything back to normal!

tumblr_mzuirdfgzi1tq92k0o1_500.jpg

Supposedly Kishimoto's editor giving his condolences.

It seems Kishimoto Masashi's father passed over the weekend which is why the manga is on break next week. Now I feel like an ass for complaining. RIP. Just thought I'd share in here.

Was his dad killed by a 9 tailed fox?

I'll see myself out

Was his dad killed by a 9 tailed fox?

I'll see myself out

GOD DAMN! O_O!

Also all you Bleach haters, please tone it down a bit. Just because Beam is gone and not shitting up the thread with defense doesn't mean you should go ham on hating Bleach.

We were avoiding Wednesday GAF for the most part and I'd like to keep it that way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It'll be handled when that one guy ends up being super evil and he shows up to save her. Everything back to normal!

The ironskin thing is a really weird menstruation allegory.

Gunslinger Girl - Vol. 1

Watched the first episode of the anime and liked it, was told that the second season was shitty so decided to just read the manga and go back to the anime.

Really digging it this far. Henrietta is a lot more... happy than in the anime, in which she just acts like a robot (from what I watched). Triela is awesome, but then again any girl that wears a suit gets a plus from me. It can be a tiny-bit silly at times, but does a good job of taking itself seriously and kinda fucked up at points. I also prefer the manga's art to the anime's, though that's something the second season veers towards.

MCD

The Breaker: New Waves

I was expecting the kid to be more...I don't know, resolute?

Good to see the old man putting bitches in their place.

Furyous

The Breaker: New Waves

Shit got real last week then it became realer this week. I want 9AD to use that Satsui no Hado. Has Shi-Hoon surpassed his ability from the previous manga? One day Shi-Hoon will shock his master with his growth and I will laugh.

Bleach fans literally think the FKT fights were better then this? You're joking. Bleach is terrible. This arc is slightly better then the last arc. I don't fucking understand how tsundere you people are. Everyone hated Bleachs last few arcs, everyone. Between the glacial pacing, or the shit fights. Now Bleach fans think the last 2 arcs were amazing? Fucking A it's bizarro world.

Not sure where you reading this from (certainly not from my post)

I'll tell you why Aizen rocks. Aizen rocks because he made us sit through hundreds of chapters of shit when he could have just done the job himself and gave no fucks

FTFY :trollface

Also my condolences to Kishimoto

Mortemis

Banned
Breaker New waves

So what now? Old man and goomoonryong fight with Shioon crying "no! stahp!"? Also gmr pissed me off, please tell me he's just acting like scum to Shioon, and not actually straight up scum. Shiho's death must really got to him. It'll be extra enjoyment when he sees her necro'd.

MCD

Breaker New waves

So what now? Old man and goomoonryong fight with Shioon crying "no! stahp!"? Also gmr pissed me off, please tell me he's just acting like scum to Shioon, and not actually straight up scum. Shiho's death must really got to him. It'll be extra enjoyment when he sees her necro'd.

Shioon will destroy him. Just you wait.

Shishunki Bitter Change 04

Another interesting chapter. I think the girl now in the guy's loneliness is definitely pretty interesting and something I wouldn't mind seeing addressed more in this series and if they are going to do anything about it.

exarkun

Breaker New Waves

Yessssssss Goomoon is going to get that ass tapped by the Elder. But like other I thought Shion would have been not so puppy in love type thing with his older teacher. The repeated "I wanna tell everything thats happned to me" is a bit out of line with who he has slowly become.

But if Goomoon starts to beat up the Elder, Shion is gonna teach him a lesson! The apprentice will become the master!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Breaker New Waves

Just realized he still probably thinks Shioon can't do anything because he broke his ki center or whatever it was called. Definitely echoing what others are saying here Shioon will get in a shot out of nowhere.

LeleSocho

Banned
Well that explains why he's gone super sad a chapter right after the other.

Nichijou 97
LGkaW7s.png

Everyone passed through this Yukko... everyone.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Bleach 361

Goddamn, this is so slow. Per chapter, about two things happen. Two . . miniscule things. This can not be called pace in any way shape or form.

That being said, having it all at once, it's way better than trying to read it weekly. Love the art on the old death dude and his ridiculous scythe.

EDIT:

Awww shiiieeeeet, the Vizards. Damn it's crazy that it's all coming back to me. I definitely remember this, I think I'm about to catch up in a couple chapters.

Aizo

Banned
Blaster Knuckle - Ch. 1-2
I'm pretty sure it's actual title is Brass Knuckle, but Blaster Knuckle sure sounds more badass. This could go on forever. I'd never get sick of seeing klansmen get punched in the face by Victor Freeman. This reminds me of why I loved Django Unchained so much. It just feels so good to see these guys get beat up.
According to the (the mangaka) Wazarai Shizuya's wikipedia page, he, Mori Kouji (Holyland), and Miura Kentarou (Berserk) have been friends since they went to the same high school. Also, according to this same page, he was Miura's assistant at some point. I think the inspiration he drew from that time is quite apparent. Between Blaster Knuckle and Wazarai's other series, Mori's Holyland and Jisatsutou, and Miura's Gigantomakia, it seems that they are all interested in hand to hand fighting styles.

Aizo

Banned
While searching for images of Blaster Knuckle, I found out that this is a real thing.
Someone should buy me one.

Product review of Knuckle Blaster Stun Gun said:
I purchased this after I was confronted by some punks demanding that I hand over my money. I'm a relatively fit guy, but I was no match for them. That is when I realized that I need to protect myself. The day after I bought this product I went to the very same Wal-Mart parking lot when I was first mugged. I approached the group of hooligans standing outside the entrance, concealing my secret weapon.

I cooly asked "Remember me?".
One of them looked up and said, "Have you come back to buy some Samoas or Thin Mints? My Girl Scout Troop needs to raise more money!"
I replied with "you're not taking my money this time". "But sir, they're delicious!", she said.

I whipped out my Knuckle Blaster Stun Gun hand and shouted "WRONG MOVE BITCH!" The five girl scouts ran away screaming.

As I pounded my chest in victory, I accidentally activated the stun gun and applied 950,000 Volts to my right nipple. I woke up 4 hours later to the sound of heavy footsteps. Those Girl Scouts had brought their fathers. But I was ready. I lunged at the largest one with a cry of "RAGGLE FRAGGLE!!!" and hit him in the stomach. He hit the ground harder than a fat kid on a jungle gym.

As the others began to circle around me, I changed techniques. Holding both of my hands in tight fists, I rased my arms to my sides and initiated the helicopter spin. They all backed off, fearing my impressive RPM. After a while I started getting dizzy, and one of the fathers decided to try to tackle me. As he ran to me stood there, dizzy and queasy; time was going real slow. Then I remembered. I had eaten lunch at Chipotle and the burrito was fighting its way back up my stomach.

I turned toward my enemy and launched a stream of projectile vomit at him, knocking him to the ground. Then I started singing "Let the bodies hit the floor." I grabbed my Knuckle Blaster Stun Gun and shoved it into my mouth, running headfirst at my foes, electrocuting them with my teeth. Eventually they were all unconscious, and I walked home victorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom