• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Interesting, looks like the deflector shield now has a bit more initial range for a potential stun, what with the kick and all. Of course, now, it looks like you'll need to be a bit more careful in which way you're facing with him, as opposed to fox.

Innotech

Banned
what are the post #s Jiggy is talking about?
Im referring to his list of all the page/post # ranges or whatever.

Also, the insane detail on Falco pretty much demonstrates how this is very much beyond a gamecube game visually. I still dont know why people think the Wii isnt more powerful than a cube. It obviously is.

Innotech

Banned

Also, the insane detail on Falco pretty much demonstrates how this is very much beyond a gamecube game visually. I still dont know why people think the Wii isnt more powerful than a cube. It obviously is.

Teasel

if you already know the full list of character it's pretty easy guessing who's the next character that's gonna appear on the dojo as the update are following a specific order

Dubble

Is it just me or - out of all the final smashes shown that everybody has - am I the only one that thinks all of the Landmasters are just plain silly? XD

Falco's landmaster feels nerfed. At least with Fox you can bowl over people, but with Falco - if they know you can use it fight on and you have get on top of it in order for that opponent to carry you off the screen so that you get knocked out

.....then why in heavens name would anybody get on it to begin with? :lol

That just seems stupid. XD

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dubble said:
Is it just me or - out of all the final smashes shown that everybody has - am I the only one that thinks all of the Landmasters are just plain silly? XD

Falco's landmaster feels nerfed. At least with Fox you can bowl over people, but with Falco - if they know you can use it fight on and you have get on top of it in order for that opponent to carry you off the screen so that you get knocked out

.....then why in heavens name would anybody get on it to begin with? :lol

That just seems stupid. XD

To avoid the lazers?

I appreciate the kind suggestions, but:

I'm actually living in the United States, but will be studying abroad for 5 months. I've decided to leave my Wii behind, so I go out more. When Sakurai pushed the date to Feb. 10, it was alright, since I'd get to play for about two weeks, and that'd be ok with me.

But March 9? D: That just put it out of my reach for 6 months! ;_;

Man, if I lived in yurop, I'd have the satisfaction that I would be one amongst many. But in this case... ;_;

Crushed

Fry Daddy
I APPROVE OF THE THREAD TITLE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b20UzLecnHo

lolamadeus.gif

dude

dude
Jiggy37 said:
The Great Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37 (1500/2500 down)
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar edit: fastest turnaround ever by far :eek:
Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak
Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000:
Posts 50,001-52,500:
Posts 52,501-55,000:
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

~34.17% done! Actually slightly more since I know that at the very least the thread's resident Canadian has been compiling info from his first section.
I'm at about 1000/2500. It's weird, I read the entire Snake in Brawl thread from E3 out of boredom but when I actually do this for a reason I can't seem to find the time:lol
I'll try to finish with this today though!

A Link to the Snitch said:

:lol :lol :lol

Anyway, Sorry, I haven't finnished up, Jigs. I've been a bit sick and didn't really have the energy to slog through more Yay Sonic/WTF Delays? I'll try to do some more tonight.

Falco also looks awesome. I'm also glad that both Fox and Falco are in their 64 outfits. I mean, every other outfit design has been epic fail. Those coats are just a part of the series now. Accept it. Take everyone out of their silly little space-flight suits and give them real Starfox team uniforms. Yes, even Krystal!

And curse you Sp0rsk! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day.

Jiggy

pulga said:
Guilty as well. :lol

Jiggy, got an answer to my last post?
I think we have either until the Dojo's done or the game is out. Not sure which.

Innotech said:
sp0rsk said the thread was too significant to just die off, and deserved some kind of closure. Iam Canadian suggested that I should write some kind of huge final post since I have the highest post count, and I thought about it and said, okay, I'll do that, but we should also go through the thread and look for notable posts and then link to them on the last page so that in later times people can go back and relive some of the more interesting moments. >_>

So now people are reading through the thread and finding stuff worth quoting.

truendo said:
You guys really think Falco's spike is now a meteor smash?
I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of every spike in the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm sorry that I've not been making much progress with my section. I've got a really busy semester and haven't had enough time to look at it. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up by the end of next week, if that isn't too long.

Jiggy

We should be fine until March 9th.

...Well, more like March 8th. Any later than that and people will probably be too busy playing Brawl or getting ready for a midnight launch to care. >_>

fernoca

Asked this at the 'spoilers' thread, but was flooded with Earthbound pictures..and even 3 people quoting me to get an answer didn't get an answer anyway..so here it is: :p
fernoca said:
Quick question:
Is co-op also available online? If so; what modes?
Is more for a friend though..
Is the first Smash Bros. game he ever owns (or plays for that matter) and he already preordered it ..he's just curious about that though..since he's getting the game anyway.. :p ..and I looked at the (mess that is) IGN's Smash Bros. Launch Center...and no actual answer (not in the co-op section and neither in the Wi-Fi section)..

Teasel

umm i thought a spike and a meteor smash were the same thing (an attack that sends the opponent flying down like yoshi fair) isn't that right?

Jiggy

Home-Run Contest and Multi-Man Brawl have online co-op. I don't know if the Events or Target Smash are co-op online or just offline. Subspace Emissary, I'm pretty sure, is offline-only.

Teasel said:
umm i thought a spike and a meteor smash were the same thing (an attack that sends the opponent flying down like yoshi fair) isn't that right?
Players hit by a meteor smash can cancel the effect by pressing jump almost immediately after the hit connects. (There was actually an award for meteor cancelling, I think.) If they get hit by a spike, there's nothing they can do, which is what makes them so powerful. In SSB64 the main spikes I can remember off the top of my head were the down airs of Ness, Captain Falcon, and DK. In Melee, they turned Ness'/Captain Falcon's/DK's moves into meteor smashes, but Falco and Marth got spikes.

fernoca said:
Asked this at the 'spoilers' thread, but was flooded with Earthbound pictures..and even 3 people quoting me to get an answer didn't get an answer anyway..so here it is: :p

Is more for a friend though..
Is the first Smash Bros. game he ever owns (or plays for that matter) and he already preordered it ..he's just curious about that though..since he's getting the game anyway.. :p ..and I looked at the (mess that is) IGN's Smash Bros. Launch Center...and no actual answer (not in the co-op section and neither in the Wi-Fi section)..

I think I remember hearing it wasn't. But, Jiggy would know for sure.

*Insert JiggySignal.gif*

Edit: :lol :lol Beaten

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Jiggy37 said:
Sweet. :D This puts us at ~26.67% ~25.83% done.

Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 45,001-47,500:
Posts 47,501-50,000:
Posts 50,001-52,500:
Posts 52,501-55,000:

Of course, that's without counting the posts from 60,001 on.

Am about 40% through my section.. It's just hard finding time lol.. but this thread will last a bit longer.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
sp0rsk said the thread was too significant to just die off, and deserved some kind of closure. Iam Canadian suggested that I should write some kind of huge final post since I have the highest post count, and I thought about it and said, okay, I'll do that, but we should also go through the thread and look for notable posts and then link to them on the last page so that in later times people can go back and relive some of the more interesting moments. >_>

Well, your post count wasn't exclusively the reason that I suggested that you write the epic closing post. >_> You've been in the thread since the beginning and, from what I've read in your posts, you're a pretty eloquent writer and I figured that you could do the idea justice.

crowphoenix said:
Falco also looks awesome. I'm also glad that both Fox and Falco are in their 64 outfits. I mean, every other outfit design has been epic fail. Those coats are just a part of the series now. Accept it. Take everyone out of their silly little space-flight suits and give them real Starfox team uniforms. Yes, even Krystal!

Yes, I'd definitely like to see Krystal in an outfit that's not a skimpy tribal costume or a skintight flight suit. >_>

Jiggy

Predicting crawling, wall jumping, and the soccer ball.
(I'd call it "the football," but I can't because I don't know what people who call soccer "football" and American football "American football" call a football from American football and thus whether calling a soccer ball a football would cause any confusion.)

Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian (partly done)
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato (partly done)
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: possibly reserved for pulga?
Posts 50,001-52,500:
Posts 52,501-55,000:

Iam Canadian said:
Well, your post count wasn't exclusively the reason that I suggested that you write the epic closing post. >_> You've been in the thread since the beginning and, from what I've read in your posts, you're a pretty eloquent writer and I figured that you could do the idea justice.
Ah, well, yes, there is that. >_> I haven't really been in from the beginning, though, or at least not in any significant capacity--I was pretty quiet in here until I realized just how crazy Zeed's post count was and decided that at all odds I had to surpass it. As I was going over posts 2,501-4,000, I think I saw maybe three posts of mine. :lol

TJ Spyke

Jiggy37 said:
Predicting crawling, wall jumping, and the soccer ball.
(I'd call it "the football," but I can't because I don't know what people who call soccer "football" and American football "American football" call a football from American football and thus whether calling a soccer ball a football would cause any confusion.)

The ball in soccer and football (I am not gonna say "American Football", it's just "Football") are both called a football to those who call soccer "football". Here in the US (and I think Canada), the ball in soccer is just called a soccer ball. Since the English Smash Bros. Dojo is US based, the update will likely use the name soccer ball (I wonder if the PAL release of the game will rename the item to football).

Jiggy

Just finished my third section of posts. It actually got good toward the end, making me regret that I'd temporarily stopped at page 80 because of how boring it was becoming; between the much-photoshopped picture of Wario chasing after Kirby to eat him, people crying over too many stages being like Battlefield after Lylat Cruise was revealed (when the only stages known at that point were Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield itself, and snippets of unknown stuff from the E3 2006 trailer), and no less than 18 posters deciding Sheik was out because Zelda was based on her TP design, it was kind of fun.

Jiggy

And this is the last entry for Smash 101.
MEGATON. :eek: Feels like the end of an era... ;_;
But there are still techniques to come, of course.

Edit:
For the Ice Climbers, only Nana can do meteor smashes!
Well now, that's good and fascinating. Their forward air sucks anyway, though.

Jiggy

scottnak said:
Does that mean the Blue Icon is retired? :eek:
We've still got crawling and wall jumping to go, under techniques. Oh, and one or more other kinds of moves, but I'm not sure I'm at liberty to talk about that/those. >_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like the extra technical insights and nuances we're getting in these post-release updates. Always nice to here about the deeper elements right from the source.

Jiggy

-Via their combined powers, Meteor Smash and Bowser: Special Moves form the 36th official double update.

-Special moves advance to 23 updates; how to play (including both Smash 101 and Techniques) advances to 20.

-Mario hits 20 updates, which may be very close to its cap: Peach still needs a special moves update, but other than that, we'd need either yet another stage, yet more music, or a new character to get past that 21 mark.

-The only characters without special moves updates that use the proper formatting (regardless of whether they have a separate update section) are now Pikachu, Samus, Donkey Kong, Peach, Sheik, Ness, and Marth.

~In your face, Fri-chan! Thursy has 47 real single updates, one more than YOU, at least more than your REAL single updates, and she also has 8 doubles like you, but hers are all official and yours are NOT. In fact, she's NEVER had a stealthy thingy ever anywhere because she has nothing to hide, which makes her better than all of her other sisters! I knew you could do it, Thursday-tan! *^__^* Big hug?~

-Thursy Thursday catches up to Wednesday for how to play updates, six a piece.

-6 out of the past 6 special moves updates, whether they were stealthy thingies or not, appeared as a double update or triple update with something else.

-Lucas gets a screenshot and ties with Peach at 50, but Bowser gets ten screenshots in a day and meteor smashes both of them, along with Snake (48) and Zelda (51), on his way to 54.

-The wonder gorilla gets 5 screenshots, splitting far from his tie with Diddy, and instead locks horns with Meta Knight.
Saith DK: "Long have I awaited meeting one like thyself, nimble but without arrogance, a great warrior, a man in an iron mask. ...Dost thou sleep? Turnest about; I hath challenged thee."
Saith MK: "Before that, takest now the sword I have laid before thee--indeed, before all warriors to enter my domain."
Saith DK: "Of blades I have no need; a man of a skill such as mine will do without, lest by wielding a weapon he become overfull and overwhelm his enemies without sport."
Saith MK: "Overfull? Shouldst thou take weapon in hand, thou wouldst call thyself overfull? Then do I call thee 'overfool.' Now fall!"
Thinketh DK: I sought a duel, not a game of words...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Unfortunately, I missed the update. Blast N+ and its addicting qualities. >_>

Anyway, it's nice to see the end of Smash 101. Also interesting is that tidbit about only Nana of the Ice Climbers being able to perform Meteor Smashes. I wonder if that holds true if Nana is switched to the lead or if Sakurai was just referring to to the CPU controlled partner in general.

Jiggy37 said:
Ah, well, yes, there is that. >_> I haven't really been in from the beginning, though, or at least not in any significant capacity--I was pretty quiet in here until I realized just how crazy Zeed's post count was and decided that at all odds I had to surpass it. As I was going over posts 2,501-4,000, I think I saw maybe three posts of mine.

Huh. I had thought you'd been in this thread longer than that. Then, while I posted from time to time, I didn't really start posting heavily until around the Lucas update, which shows what I know. >_>

Anyway, my point about your writing skills stands. :D Besides, your encyclopedic knowledge about the Dojo and the thead make you ideal regardless.

Incidentally, the Lyn update, which is part of my first batch of posts, is quite possibly one of the funniest things in this entire thread. Poor Zeed. :lol

Edit: Elizabethan dialogue and Female Jiggybot make this stats report a winner. Then again, I'm pretty sure I said that last time you combined the gimmicks. Oh, well. >_<

Meta Knight is one of the few characters I can see actually using Elizabethan language...

scottnak

It's pretty weird seeing the posts that I made back when... and at the low frequency in fact... I think in the 1st set I had to do (which is the 3rd set in the list going from earliest to most recent) I only had 1 single post! Crazy.

Hum. And back on the update. Now I can attribute a proper name to this move. Always called it a Drop out. Simple enough. Hit, and they drop out of the level. Haha...

Firestorm

I've been posting pretty consistently except for a dry spell after the delay where this thread was really, really boring.

grandjedi6 said:
Meteor Smash confuses me

Just think of it as a spike that you can cancel by jumping or using up+b quickly.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
webrunner said:
Is anyone else creeped out that there was a discussion on meteor smashes just the afternoon before this update?

Maybe because Sakurai already hinted about it yesterday on Falco's profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom