• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animales de la Muerte - Another high voltage wiiware game

later

http://wii.ign.com/articles/869/869222p1.html

Animales de la Muerte plays similarly to classic fixed position shooting games like Smash TV and, more recently, Alien Syndrome for Wii (the latter of which failed to live up to its potential, sadly). Since the title has been developed specifically with Wii in mind, High Voltage has naturally been able to make much better use of the Wii remote than SEGA did. To play, you move your character around the screen with the nunchuk's analog stick and aim with Nintendo's pointer. You aren't merely limited to shooting in various directions -- you can also very quickly and accurately target enemies with pinpoint precision (using an on-screen reticule) and blast them to bloody pieces. This control method nurtures the characters abilities to run in one direction and simultaneously shoot into another. In addition, a speedy flick of the nunchuk will toss grenades at whatever spot you've got your reticule aimed. You can go it alone or with up to three friends in a four-player single-screen cooperative mode, which becomes chaotic.

animales-de-la-muerte-tba-20080424010953410-000.jpg

animales-de-la-muerte-tba-20080424010952442-000.jpg

Videos: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14249517/vids_1.html

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A good thing about WiiWare is variable pricing so a lot of stuff that would be 800pts/$10 on XBLA could be anywhere from $5-$10 on WiiWare.

A bad thing about WiiWare is that since the price is variable, it's hard to know from previews whether or not the game is going to worth it. This looks nifty, but a lot more $5 nifty than $10 nifty.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Zombie Animals? I like the premise and it looks promising. We'll see how it turns out.

Penguin

I got to say High Voltage has gone from people I've never heard of to some people whose games I need to try.

This looks and sounds awesome. And I hope they add online play and I will be there day 1.

Alphahawk

Awesome game, awesome premise, awesome everything.

I love the clip of the lovable old man violently chainsawing a zombie elephant in half...

smash tv clone??!?!?

zombie animals?!?!?

day one!!!

what does the old man say?!?

please put my babies out of the misery?!?!?

LOLOLO

Haunted

Penguin said:
I got to say High Voltage has gone from people I've never heard of to some people whose games I need to try.

This looks and sounds awesome. And I hope they add online play and I will be there day 1.
+1

So this is what happens when a dev studio is able to start their own IPs (thank Nintendo for the low entry fee!) instead of being stuck with licensed games. Interesting.

fernoca

Animales: Animals
De: Of
La: The
Muerte: Death

The name is basically like "Viva Piñata" or "Chili con Carnage". An spanish name used on a game, which visual style is basically influenced by a few mexican clichés....so Mexican theme = Spanish name... :p

That aside, the game looks cool and fun..I've always liked the combination of cute/colorful characters/worlds with blood.. and violence.. :)

MGrant

Looks promising, for $5. Although I'd figure there would have been copyright problems with the "El Mariachi" character.

plank

Yet another Wiiware game that looks better than half the retail games on Wii. Not sure about the gameplay though after Alien Syndrome and all. :/ Still Lost Winds looks like it would be my first Wiiware game to purchase. :p

Penguin said:
Some of the art is truly inspired.

animales-de-la-muerte-tba-20080424011647363_640w.jpg

Haha, indeed .

Penguin said:

Yep, I agree with this.

Scrubking

Starchasing said:
smash tv clone??!?!?

zombie animals?!?!?

day one!!!

what does the old man say?!?

please put my babies out of the misery?!?!?

LOLOLO

This game looks so freaking awesome it's not even funny. High Voltage Software is kicking ass!

dacuk

Relaxed Muscle said:
For a moment I was shocked seeing a game with the name in my language.

I hope the text in the game could also come in Spanish.
The game looks great, and has me looking for a trailer (those Cartoon Network-ish looks mix up properly with blood and violence, somehow).

I'm praying for Jack Thompson not to know about this game.

Haunted

daCuk said:
I'm praying for Jack Thompson not to know about this game.
Oh, good 'ol Jack will be occupied with GTA IV for the next couple of years, don't worry. You should pray that PETA doesn't hear of this. :p

Also, the trailer doesn't look as good as the concept art, write-up and the small screens make it look like.

Gyrostarr.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
This looks awesome.

I like how El Mariachi is stolen straight from Desperado. :lol :lol

CaVaYeRo

Relaxed Muscle said:
For a moment I was shocked seeing a game with the name in my language.

sí, sobre todo si es una maldita locura como esta!

Tempy said:
Zombie Animals? I like the premise and it looks promising. We'll see how it turns out.

no, not zombie animals. It's Animales De la muerte!!

I recommend the trailer to everyone. It's de la muerte, too.

thumbs up to High Voltaje, esas pelotas! :lol

JDSN

Banned
CaVaYeRo said:
sí, sobre todo si es una maldita locura como esta!

no, not zombie animals. It's Animales De la muerte!!

I recommend the trailer to everyone. It's de la muerte, too.

thumbs up to High Voltaje, esas pelotas! :lol
Bad puns in español are still bad puns.

samratty

Hahah, looks like Smash TV or Zombies Ate My Neighbours mixed with Ape Escape, and a bit of RE or Dead Rising thrown in. Awesome.

These High Voltage guys seem to be delivering on WiiWare (I'm still dubious on thier FPS personnally). The Tempest-esque game and this, both look awesome. Hopefully they live upto thier potentials.

Top Bottom