• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animales de la Muerte - Another high voltage wiiware game

titiklabingapat said:
Just saw the video, jesus christ, is this game violent.

and fucking gross.
Booooo. The trailer made my jaw drop. It looks fun as hell. I loved Smash TV and this game looks to be awesome. Coming from someone who is usually turned off by that's over the top gory (I'm not digging Ninja Gaiden2).

Bizzyb

Banned
:lol @ that trailer

Wow these guys really came out of nowhere and now all of a sudden there are 3 promising games I can't wait to play

how the hell did that happen??

Bizzyb said:
:lol @ that trailer

Wow these guys really came out of nowhere and now all of a sudden there are 3 promising games I can't wait to play

how the hell did that happen??

2rpwevk.gif

batbeg

OMG OMG OMG High Voltage I love you so much already. You too WiiWare, so good! I'm impressed that we're already going to see what has to be an M-rated title (not counting Last Flight which we have less details on), and with such an awesome premise behind it to :D

This and Gyostarr are both looking to be some insanely fun multiplayer awesomeness.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I love the art style. The look on the kids faces when he gives them guns... :lol

I'm just surprised they didn't shop this to XBLA first. The usual media groups will no doubt go nuts when they see the mix of ultra violent and ultra cute.

Flakster99

Yup, I'm impressed! This has an 80's, early 90's graphical adventure vibe going for it, looks downright twisted, chaotic fun.

SapientWolf said:
I love the art style. The look on the kids faces when he gives them guns... :lol

I'm just surprised they didn't shop this to XBLA first. The usual media groups will no doubt go nuts when they see the mix of ultra violent and ultra cute.

Actually, when they were showing off their games to publishers, a lot of them assumed it WAS for the 360. The reason they probably chose WiiWare is because there's a lot less red tape.

RagnarokX

EktorPR said:
Nope.

Muerte = Death

Muertos = Dead

"Animales de los Muertos": So, the animals belong...to the dead? Um, nope.

"Animales de la Muerte": Animals of *Death* (concept). Yep, ring the bell.
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead...

turk128

JoeFu said:
Looks awesome. My favorite out of the three shown so far. Love the Billy and Mandy look to the game too.
Cartoon Network should just get Voltage to do a Billy and Mandy game with same engine. This looks seriously fun.

ivysaur12

Banned
Ok.

High Voltage wins the Wii.

turk128 said:
Cartoon Network should just get Voltage to do a Billy and Mandy game with same engine. This looks seriously fun.

They actually already made a Billy and Mandy game :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
this is just awesome for wow ware - high voltage +1 respect

Nocebo

I really hope WiiWare takes off in the way small time developers hope it will. It might mean promising full Wii games in the future.

pulga

Banned
legend166 said:
Ethelred is rollling in his grave.

:lol :lol

RagnarokX said:
Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead...

No, just no. Trust us native Spanish speakers, "Animales de los Muertos" does not make sense. "Animales de la Muerte" is perfect. As someone else said before, de los Muertos would imply the animals belong to the dead. Those movies you mentioned DO make sense seeing as the night, dawn, day, whatever did belong to the dead.

Seriously guys, stop trying to argue this point with us. :lol

RagnarokX

pulga said:
:lol :lol

No, just no. Trust us native Spanish speakers, "Animales de los Muertos" does not make sense. "Animales de la Muerte" is perfect. As someone else said before, de los Muertos would imply the animals belong to the dead. Those movies you mentioned DO make sense seeing as the night, dawn, day, whatever did belong to the dead.

Seriously guys, stop trying to argue this point with us. :lol
And how do you know that the animals do not belong to the dead? That dead glowing skull seems to own the zombie animals.

I'm impressed. This is the first WiiWare game I actually find true to the purpose of WiiWare. Just now, I got the feeling that this is how Zack and Wiki should have been more like.

pulga

Banned
RagnarokX said:
And how do you know that the animals do not belong to the dead? That dead glowing skull seems to own the zombie animals.

You can't see me but I'm rolling my eyes

shit they're about to pop out of my head

Nocebo

DEAD RABBIT said:
I'm impressed. This is the first WiiWare game I actually find true to the purpose of WiiWare. Just now, I got the feeling that this is how Zack and Wiki should have been more like.
Yeah, I wish I could have shot Wiki in the face too. :lol

Wow this could be a system seller to me!
RagnarokX said:
It says "muerte", muerte is death not dead and it really should translate to something like "Death Animals".

Penguin

I know a lot of people are talking about WiiWare launch but you do realize this game is slated for a Sept release, right?

Burai

shitonmychest57
This looks amazing. High Voltage + creative freedom = win.

I was bloody sceptical to start with, but Nintendo are living up to their promises.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just watched the videos at IGN. I don't care much for killing (zombie) animals, but... Game seems pretty fun, and multiplayer +1, so I'll surely keep an eye on it.

Lobster

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
So, these High Voltage guys...

There's potential in this company.

Lots of potential...

This will probably suck like the majority of their games.

amirite?

No I'm not. Those shovelware games were obviously funding them to make games like these.

batbeg

DEAD RABBIT said:

There is so much in this post that is just wrong.

hokahey

Eteric Rice said:
So, these High Voltage guys...

There's potential in this company.

Lots of potential...

Yup. They are about the only third party saying the things Wii owners want to hear and so far appear to be at least trying to put their money where there mouth is.

I'm pretty excited for their Wii Ware titles so far. We'll have to see about Conduit.

Neomoto

:lol WiiWare is getting so much great announcements. It's putting Wii retail announcements to shame (actually, also in pretty much everything else like graphics/quality etc).

High Voltage Software is kicking ass on Wii. Probably one of the better "no idea who they were before" up and coming developers this generation. The game looks great, I really hope they will find great succes since they are really trying to make serious efforts (also in genre's that Wii could use more). Gyrostarr already is a day one for me, can't wait to see more of these 3 games and the 2 unannounced ones.

nny

Will there be any eagle-throwing-goats-off-cliffs action? That's what true animales de la muerte do.

EktorPR said:
Nope.

Muerte = Death

Muertos = Dead

"Animales de los Muertos": So, the animals belong...to the dead? Um, nope.

"Animales de la Muerte": Animals of *Death* (concept). Yep, ring the bell.

This man knows his shit.

Top Bottom