• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animales de la Muerte - Another high voltage wiiware game

Looks awesome and the controls sound good too!

Looks downright hilarious too, and there seems to be quite a bit of (good) voice acting with nice cutscenes (How does this fit into 43MB again?)

Looking forward to this one! Should scratch an itch that hasn`t really been catered to since Conker`s BFD :D

JoeFu

Banned
Looks awesome. My favorite out of the three shown so far. Love the Billy and Mandy look to the game too.

Neo Child

Banned
JoeFu said:
Looks awesome. My favorite out of the three shown so far. Love the Billy and Mandy look to the game too.

Was just about to say the girl looks like Mandy, albeit a bit more violent....

Penguin

JoeFu said:

Haha so glad you said it. Thought was the only one who saw a Billy and Mandy vibe from the characters. :lol

fernoca

Nuclear Muffin said:
Looks downright hilarious too, and there seems to be quite a bit of (good) voice acting with nice cutscenes (How does this fit into 43MB again?)
Pretty much how Angel Studios compressed the contents of both Resident Evil 2 discs into one 64 MB cartridge, nearly a decade ago.

Able developers have no problems creating compression routines/programs/algorithms for their games...

Not to mention, that cutscenes seem to be using ingame/realtime models (i.e. not stored/prerendered movies) s...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Why is it that WiiWare Third Party games are about 100 times better than the retail games? Is it the lower price which suits Wii games more or is it Publishers? I probably just answered my own question didn't I?

PS: Still waiting on that HDD Nintendo, will pay good money for it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
mysticstylez said:
(neutral) jj984jj
Stupid Member
(Today, 07:23 PM)

Need I say more?

Get over the lack of a HDD issue already.
He's not being stupid in wanting it, though.

The lack of it doesn't bother me that much actually, but I'll say I'm totally on the side of the people that mention it every time. With so many interesting games being announced to the service all the time, HDD support is more and more becoming a necessity.

fernoca

Windu said:
Why is it that WiiWare Third Party games are about 100 times better than the retail games? Is it the lower price which suits Wii games more or is it Publishers? I probably just answered my own question didn't I?
Probably different devs/teams..
Heck, aside Square Enix and Konami..where are EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Take Two, etc [i.e. the same ones that throw port after port after shovelware after low quality game, and then complain their games are not selling on Nintendo consoles]..??

Usually small devs, try to make their small games the best they can (visuals, music, gameplay, etc..) because they know they can't afford making a bad game that will tarnish their reputation and stop any future projects they may have..

Then, you have "ex-Naughty Dog team" making that horrible game for WiiWare (which name I gladly don't remember)..so who knows..

Alaluef said:
He's not being stupid in wanting it, though.

The lack of it doesn't bother me that much actually, but I'll say I'm totally on the side of the people that mention it every time. With so many interesting games being announced to the service all the time, HDD support is more and more becoming a necessity.

People bitched about voice chat in Wii online games and we have still yet to recieve that, what makes people think they will release a HDD?

Lhadatt

Windu said:
WiiWare carries lower risks than traditionally published games.

Something like Audiosurf would have had a hard time getting published if not for Steam. The lack of overhead really does make digital distribution of niche games a profitable undertaking. Lower the barriers to entry, and you'll get a lot more entrants to the market!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Animals of the Death"? Doesn't make sense.

Methinks it should be "Animales de los Muertos".

Vinci

Danish
mysticstylez said:
People bitched about voice chat in Wii online games and we have still yet to recieve that, what makes people think they will release a HDD?

Considering the state of Nintendo's online, do we really trust them to try for voice chat without it completely ripping the thing apart?

animals of the dead sounds right.

but anyways, it looks good though. i'm going to assume with low expectation. Offline multiplayer only?

Dante

Wii ware games at this point are looking a lot more interesting to me then retail Wii third Party games, which is not a bad thing at all.

fernoca

ZealousD said:

Keep in mind that when picking the name, they probably just put a name to sound in spanish (just threw a few words in spanish: the game has animals, animals means animales...you can kill animals and they can kill you too, so death is a theme in the game; death means muerte in spanish..OMG, Animales de la Muerte), but not to make sense in spanish (again, like Viva Piñata.."Viva is an expression usually used when something good happens.the equivalent of saying "Hooray!"..)

gutshot

Windu said:

PS: Still waiting on that HDD Nintendo, will pay good money for it.

Probably has something to do with the risk/reward factor. Publishers have no balls whatsoever.

DarkSloth

I really hope the mariachi music is in the actual game. The game has this very charismatic vibe that I'm really liking right now.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ZealousD said:

Yeah...Just doesn't sound right and I'm hardly fluent in Spanish (anymore).

But man that Luchadore kicking the skull right out of the elephant's face if awesome.

EDarkness

I just watched the video and man, that game looks pretty cool. I picked up Alien Syndrome a while back because of the promise of a good shooter and it wasn't even close. This game looks like the kind of game it should have been. <sigh> Another Wiiware game to pick up. Don't know where I'm gonna get all the time needed to play them, though. Heh, heh.

Nicktals

Banned
This looks awesome. Definitely going to buy this one, as long as it's not over 10. Hell, I probably still would. I think I'm gonna like Wii Ware.

High Voltage is the new THQ.

And actually what the Wii just needs.

We only need for the games to be actually be good to seal the deal though!

Art is OUTSTANDING, btw.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I will buy everything this company puts out!

Not enough good Wii games, and these guys have some great ones coming up!

TheWolf

Banned
heh, their WiiWare games look infinitely more interesting than The Conduit. this is my fav of the bunch. love the humor and production value of the stuff in the videos. actually has some good VA.

EktorPR

ZealousD said:

Nope.

Muerte = Death

Muertos = Dead

"Animales de los Muertos": So, the animals belong...to the dead? Um, nope.

"Animales de la Muerte": Animals of *Death* (concept). Yep, ring the bell.

I'm going to have to do some serious rearranging of my fridge come the Wiiware launch, Nintendo have really attracted a lot of talent to the service.

PkunkFury

wow this looks awesome

I love the animal crossing murder rampage feel. The nets for capturing the animals are especially AC :lol

Top Bottom