• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Xbox shift" - Capcom cancels 4 PS3 games? (not particularly credible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyram

Yukan Fuji is reporting that Sega, Capcom and other major makers are moving towards making more Western-oriented games, and in doing so, are shifting to the Xbox (i.e. "away from Sony" - their words, not mine).

For example, in the beginning, Capcom announced they were developing 5 games but this has now been reduced to 1, with 4 projects having stopped, according to industry insiders.

In addition to PS3 development being difficult, the machine has not sold as well as expected so game makers are shifting to Xbox, which has sold very well in the West. How well the game machine can sell will depend on how much effort companies put into making games for it. By this reasoning, PS3 looks to be approaching a serious condition.

http://www.yukan-fuji.com/archives/2007/03/post_8741.html

This shit needs to stop!? Really. The machine just came out it hasn't even been a year and it's doom and gloom. Don't we all agree that games are what matter? So it's pretty obvious that until more games start hitting sales will be low. Xbox is getting lots of games because its been out for a long time and developers have had more time for it. Not because it's a "better" machine or games are better on it.

Get over this please people.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
miguel_c_hammer said:
I fail to believe that they're going to completely ignore the Japanese market.

Would you believe it if Capcom is receiving generous money hats from Microsoft?

ant1532

Banned
It was a trap!

08.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Remember the EGM rumor from around November? The issue said that Microsoft was looking to buy Capcom.

tsktsk

Sounds good. I like videogames.

If Microsoft actually plans on buying Capcom wouldn't they start by putting a stop to this whole DMC4 on PS3 thing?

Woo-Fu

Banned
miguel_c_hammer said:
I fail to believe that they're going to completely ignore the Japanese market.

...or is it a matter of the Japanese market completely ignoring the "next gen" and sticking with a ps2wii combo? I get the feeling they might want to leave next gen gaming in the arcade, where they only have to pay for it a round at a time.

I thought dmc was doing well in development, but I guess you can't use one games engine for 5 totaly different games in the long run.

Personally i'm just looking foward to a lost planet 2.

Well when they say 4 projects, maybe it was 4 un-announced projects. So it's gone from 5 games we don't know about to 1 game we don't know about.

I don't think games we already know about such as DMC4, RE5 and Monster Hunter are included.

Mrbob

bauerbailout.gif

I'm wondering what Konami and SE thinking right now. They are pouring millions (10s of millions?) into MGS4 and FF13 right now, and the PS3 install base just won't be there for either game.

cvxfreak said:
If this turns out to be true, uh oh.
I had more faith in you cvx :(

Look. I may be wrong but I firmly believe that theres no way Sony will lose Devil May Cry and any other "Sony staples". Even if that is the case then Sony is working on their 1st party studious very hard as has been shown lately.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Vark said:
What makes more sense in Japan, a Wii title, or a PS3 title?
thread title says "shift to xbox" what makes more sense in japan PS3 title or xbox title? especially a "western" title?

Grayman said:
How did capcom making games for gamecube do again :lol

They made 2 of the best games of that generation. Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4. :p

Plus looking at sales of Dead Rising, Lost Planet and Street Fighter 2 I don't think Capcom has anything to worry about in the 360 market.

neoxavean

Banned
Grayman said:
How did capcom making games for gamecube do again :lol

Well, GameCube ended up being the overall loser in terms of install base.

So I guess they don't want to repeat their mistakes again.

I don't believe this report. Almost impossible they'd drop either DMC4, RE5, or Monster Hunter 3 at this point. Especially with how well the PSP version sold.

DCharlie

Banned
.Especially with how well the PSP version sold.

The PS3 global userbase is the problem though isn't it?

Maybe if Euroland does go ape sh1t for the PS3, then they'll reverse the decission?

Is this a confirmation or is it just a rumor from the Japanese equivalent of kotaku?

Either way this thread should be good. Just by coincidence Im eating popcorn right now. Yes, I am a fatass.

duckroll

Hey Jonny, maybe next time you'll be kind enough to tell them that this is just an extract of some pure speculation from a Japanese TV show? I don't understand why you're posting this, it's not a rumor or news. It would be like someone in the US starting a thread about how Business and Technology on CNN or Fox News speculates that the PS3 is doomed. :p

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Wario64 said:
Remember the EGM rumor from around November? The issue said that Microsoft was looking to buy Capcom.

tsktsk

THis has been going on longer than that rumor. Microsoft has had a hard-on for capcom for the longest time.

hadnt there also been rumors of a Dead Rising port on PS3 with co-op or somethin? must've been that "untitled Capcom PS3 action game" listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom