• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you use eca amazon codes now?

goldenpp72

This is such a shit website, I used to be able to generate a code there, now it says to check their forum to do it but there is no direct link and i've been looking for about 10 minutes, anyone know exactly what to do?

goldenpp72

Costanza said:
you'd take the opportunity to save an extra 20% if you could, too :p

I didn't, and knew I could, because I knew this would happen if people abused it :/

I was gonna preorder new mario today :(

Costanza

Banned
Shins said:
20% off one game, or 10% off every game.

The latter seems more sensible to me. ;-)
I took 30% off every game I was buying this fall. That's a pretty fucking significant discount that, knowing it's possible to get, I'm not going to miss out on.

Like I said, the codes are coming back. People need to stop bitching about it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Costanza said:
I took 30% off every game I was buying this fall. That's a pretty fucking significant discount that, knowing it's possible to get, I'm not going to miss out on.

So you were part of the problem?

Bebpo

Banned
I say we burn him on the stake. I want my codes!

/never stacked codes and was an actual LEGIT $20 a year member. Damn abusing kids.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was going to become an eca member to get a code to take 10 percent off of my uncharted 2 preorder. Then i heard that codes were down. :-/

Costanza said:
I'm actually a paying member too.

COSTANZA!! is that you? You changed your avatar and i did not even know who you were lol. :lol

Reallink

Why hasn't Amazon just been outright canceling the 20-30% orders? Nowhere honors pricing and system errors anymore, so I'm not following...

goldenpp72

costanza is probably that guy who sees a register open at a store and thinks 'hey, I can get a discount..'

I guess that would take some form of bravery though, so probably not.

goldenpp72 said:
costanza is probably that guy who sees a register open at a store and thinks 'hey, I can get a discount..'

That seems unfair. I don't agree with exploiting the glitch for ECA coupons because it affected me negatively, but it's not nice to compare someone who's a pretty useful and non-controversial member of the community to a thief.

Shins

Banned
Do we measure use by post count?

Costanza said:

You cheated the system and are part of why honest people can't enjoy the normal, already nice discount, but don't want to hear complaints about it?

My heart bleeds for you. :p

goldenpp72 said:

You on the other hand, are quite a big man.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Quick, slightly-OT question: How does Amazon Prime work? Is the benefit of it JUST in regards to shipping? And is the membership fee a ONE time payment of $79 or do you pay that every year?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
They should just fucking reinvent the system such that a confirmed ECA member gets an automatic 10% discount Amazon videogame order sans the stupid and exploitable codes. I know they were talking about doing that at some point, and I hope they do.

My first year just lapsed, so I've renewed, and now that I'm a paying customer, I'm a little annoyed by the down time.

RBH

goldenpp72 said:

Wow. :lol

Obsolete Observation said:
30% off from Amazon is better than B2G1 free from Toys R Us, especially with the gift cards and pre-order bonuses. I got Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition for $47.

You guys all suck.

I probably would have used it if I had known about it. :/

1-D_FTW

I remember a while ago a bunch of people at Slickdeals made a thread because a bunch of them got a perma-ban from Amazon. Amazon said they weren't profitable customers and no longer wanted their business. I'm not sure what they were doing, if they were abusing the returns policy or what, but it's something to consider. People who ordered 30 games at 30 percent off because of exploits might have a future surprise for them.

teiresias

Well, Naughty Dog is losing a release day sale of Uncharted 2, and Insomniac is losing a release day sale of Ratchet & Clank because I can't use the codes to pre-order.

Insomniac and Naughty Dog have people like Costanza to thank for that, I hope he's happy he's ended up costing hard working developers sales of their product. I hope it was worth it.

teiresias

1-D_FTW said:
I remember a while ago a bunch of people at Slickdeals made a thread because a bunch of them got a perma-ban from Amazon. Amazon said they weren't profitable customers and no longer wanted their business. I'm not sure what they were doing, if they were abusing the returns policy or what, but it's something to consider. People who ordered 30 games at 30 percent off because of exploits might have a future surprise for them.

This is true, Amazon will completely disable your account if you're found to be a "problem" customer. It's one "ding" people have been using against the Kindle actually, because if they close the account you bought all your Kindle content on you lose it forever.

Domino Theory said:
Quick, slightly-OT question: How does Amazon Prime work? Is the benefit of it JUST in regards to shipping? And is the membership fee a ONE time payment of $79 or do you pay that every year?

You pay $79 every year. Sometimes there is a discount if you're lucky.

Main advantage is it can be shared by four family members. 2-day free shipping on any item even if it costs 1 cent. No $25 limit for free shipping. Only $3.99/item for overnight which is really cheap for overnight shipping. And release-day delivery of items whenever available.

teiresias said:
Well, Naughty Dog is losing a release day sale of Uncharted 2, and Insomniac is losing a release day sale of Ratchet & Clank because I can't use the codes to pre-order.

Insomniac and Naughty Dog have people like Costanza to thank for that, I hope he's happy he's ended up costing hard working developers sales of their product. I hope it was worth it.

Pure hilarity

Costanza

Banned
teiresias said:

lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Costanza said:

3452ahl.jpg

Cheech

I'll be honest, when I was Costanza's age, I pirated most of my games. At least he's better man than I was!

(it's been 17 years since I pirated my last game, please don't ban me ;) )

I'm glad I got in most of my preorders before the ECA codes went away, and no, I didn't stack. I did have to pay full pop for Demon's Souls Deluxe, though, which torqued me.

Hopefully the ECA codes come back soon. I wanna get Ratchet but I gotta start saving up for Christmas soon. Got a big family this year. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
Costanza said:

Well hey, now the codes aren't coming back officially thanks to all the exploiters like you. Now everyone else gets to pay $5 more per game forever.

Thanks!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bebpo said:
Well hey, now the codes aren't coming back officially thanks to all the exploiters like you. Now everyone else gets to pay $5 more per game forever.

Thanks!
It's official that they aren't coming back at all now?

Break out the lynch mob on Costanza!

kuYuri

XiaNaphryz said:
It's official that they aren't coming back at all now?

Break out the lynch mob on Costanza!

ECA said:
Amazon has decided to suspend their discount offering for the time being. The exploit in the coupons was/is too large a detractor until a new solution can be determined.

There's still a chance, but it sounds like a small chance now to me.

mr stroke

Bebpo said:

Thanks!

Latest update, direct from the ECA:
Amazon has decided to suspend their discount offering for the time being. The exploit in the coupons was/is too large a detractor until a new solution can be determined.

:(

sucks

1-D_FTW

Keep this thread updated. Because if that's the case, I'm gonna cancel my account and I don't wanna forget to do it and get billed 9 months from now.

EDIT: Until a new solution can be offered? How difficult is it to assign one code per account. Sounds like excuse mongering. Off to cancel so I don't forget.

Doodis

teiresias said:

Games industry downfall Costanza's fault - confirmed! The shame must be eating him up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1-D_FTW said:
Keep this thread updated. Because if that's the case, I'm gonna cancel my account and I don't wanna forget to do it and get billed 9 months from now.

EDIT: Until a new solution can be offered? How difficult is it to assign one code per account. Sounds like excuse mongering. Off to cancel so I don't forget.

Don't cancel it yet, the other part of the same quote says they're gonna have new merchants/offers in the this/upcoming weeks.

Well, I guess it's fitting that the person to give us the heads up about the free ECA thing is the same one that gets the best part taken away.

Bastard :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
thanks to eca im getting tekken 6 for $30 tomorrow and im getting cod mw2 hardened edition for 30% off+ the $20 in credit :lol

Despite the fact that this should have been guarded against stacking exploits that were sure to be tried by folks on the internet (AKA land of everything that just happens to have a legitimate price tag put on it by the people who spent their own skill, time, and money offering it you but you'll go ahead fuck us in the ass, ignore that price tag, and download for free anyway), I'd like this chance to thank all of the asshole stackers who fucked it up for everyone else who were playing by the fucking rules. Thanks, assholes. :lol

I was happy to find that I had a 10% coupon sitting in my account from a cancelled order I made way back when. I assume it's from an old ECA code I never used. I used it last night to order Ratchet & Clank. I guess it's the last ECA code I'll ever use :(

Thanks again, exploiting fuckers.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so im guessing everyone here wouldnt have stacked if they had the chance right?
plus there a were a ton more ppl than gaf using it so it wouldve been dead either way so like all other glitches u take advantage while its there

its the same thing when a ms point exploit pops up everyone jumps on it then if u dont get in on it ur sad :lol

Top Bottom