• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quest 3 Inside Out Upper Body Tracking out now.

MarkMe2525

"Quest 3 developers can now integrate three major new features to improve both virtual and mixed reality.

Inside-Out Body Tracking (IOBT) and Generative Legs were announced alongside Quest 3 as coming in December. Occlusion for mixed reality via the Depth API was previously an experimental feature, meaning developers could test it but couldn't ship it in Quest Store or App Lab builds.

All three features are now available as part of the v60 SDK for Unity and native code. Meanwhile, the v60 Unreal Engine integration includes Depth API, but not IOBT or Generative Legs."

I've been excited for this update. No more awkward hand positions or arms going through your body. I love the idea of determining your direction of motion with your body vs the current solutions of using the headset or controller.

I wonder what else we can expect developers to do with this tech.

Edit: I forgot to add my obligotory referral link! www.linktr.ee/markgulfcoast

Last edited:

yurinka

"Quest 3 developers can now integrate three major new features to improve both virtual and mixed reality.

Inside-Out Body Tracking (IOBT) and Generative Legs were announced alongside Quest 3 as coming in December. Occlusion for mixed reality via the Depth API was previously an experimental feature, meaning developers could test it but couldn't ship it in Quest Store or App Lab builds.

All three features are now available as part of the v60 SDK for Unity and native code. Meanwhile, the v60 Unreal Engine integration includes Depth API, but not IOBT or Generative Legs."

I've been excited for this update. No more awkward hand positions or arms going through your body. I love the idea of determining your direction of motion with your body vs the current solutions of using the headset or controller.

I wonder what else we can expect developers to do with this tech.

Edit: I forgot to add my obligotory referral link! www.linktr.ee/markgulfcoast
Interesting, I have to test this.

Top Bottom