• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island: Definitive Edition Listed by South African Retailer

mankoto

African retailer Loot.co.za is listing a Dead Island: Definitive Edition for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

The game is listed as due out on November 13.

Dead Island publisher Deep Silver has yet to announce a current-gen version of the original game. A sequel, Dead Island 2, is in development for release in 2016, but recently dropped its developer.

Source: Gematsu

Bessy67

Man, all these next gen ports and the only one I really want (Mass Effect Trilogy) is pretty much confirmed to never be happening. The only good thing about Dead Island was the trailer anyways.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ididntaskforthis.jpg

Seriously, between this and Prototype as well as Darksiders 2, i'm thinking this shit is just getting out of hand...all i wanted was a KH HD remaster back, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy pack, a Batman Arkham Pack and a FF12/DQ8 pack.

Not completely pointless games like this, especially considering how redundant it is with Dying Light on shelves

jond76

Banned
I will await to hear if there's any improvements. This was one of my fave games last Gen. So screw you guys, I may get this. Blah!

antitrop

It's alright. The story and characters are some of the worst I've seen in years though.

You are not wrong, they're atrocious.

I thought the gameplay was good enough to overlook that, though. What was harder to overlook was every mission being an extremely basic fetch quest. Other than that, great game.

Shizuka

I like how quick publishers decided to do "HD" ports of last-gen titles just by calling them "definitive editions".

LewieP

Deep Silver, how about Saints Row 1 & 2 & 3 'definitive edition' instead?

Also an actual definitive edition of Saints Row 4.

Edit: If they get a competent porting house to do Dead Island, but High Voltage Software to do Saints Row 4, I will shake my head in disappointment.

If any game from last gen deserves the High Voltage treatment, it's Dead Island.

I loved Dead Island but a definitive edition? lol. It better come with improvements. Dying Light is the one to get if you want a definitive edition DI game.

sleepykyo

I don't know if I can go back to playing DI after DL. I would have given Dead Island 2 a chance, but nope to a definitive edition of Dead Island.

Isn't that game in development hell with multiple development teams getting axed? I bet Deep Silver needs all the money they can from this port...

They're having development troubles? Shocked, i am not.
Depending on the tone and gameplay Deep Silver is going for, DI2 might have a chance to differentiate itself from Dying Light.
If it's total shit from constant development hell then the rest is history.

This could be a test bed for Deep silver as they try to figure out what to do with dead island as a series now that Yeager has been kicked off of 2, if the remaster sells, continue working on it, If not, dead island 2 isn't worth the investment to them.

red731

1355.gif

I feel like Dying Light literally killed Dead Island as a franchise.

Like I don't know if I can think of any other releases like that, where a single title almost made another franchise irrelevant.

Top Bottom