• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nero "Devil Triggers" For 2008

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
4119620071226_112221_8_big.jpg

4119620071226_112222_9_big.jpg

4119620071226_112222_10_big.jpg

4119620071226_112221_7_big.jpg

4119620071226_112220_4_big.jpg

4119620071228_174748_0_big.jpg

Cardon

The Special Edition package looks nice. Still don't know if I'll pick it up unless that art book is as good as the previous DMC ones.

Do we have a higher res of the steel case? It's a nice package but the cover looks so "bad" due to the...gray. It'd be nice if it had the colour cover on the front *tears*
Linkzg said:
yeah, it looks really cool how he deals with it, having like a spirit fight out of him.
SHA-man-KIIIIING

kbear

steel case + art book isn't $10 worth of value for me

$10 value to me: CE's like Lost Planet which had all that + an action figure or Bioshock with the Big Daddy figure, etc

Does anyone know if the artbook is part of the Special Edition or if it is one of the EB/GS "bonus" items. Because I already pre-ordered it from EB's website and I'm wondering if in a few weeks they're going to change the SKU to "DMCSE + bonus"

Greg

I can't get over how clean this game looks... if anyone understands what I mean by that.

Can't wait!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Kittonwy said:
Just as long as DMC4 is Capcom's first PS3 game and not Lost Planet because I sure as hell ain't buying Lost Planet.
Indifferent2.gif

I still wish Dead Rising was PS3 first game :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I really wanted the Ibony and Ivory pistols for the special edition. :/
The screens look kick ass as usual though. I'm really starting to like Nero as the new character. He fits the part right.

Kyoufu

Kaako said:
I really wanted the Ibony and Ivory pistols for the special edition. :/
The screens look kick ass as usual though. I'm really starting to like Nero as the new character. He fits the part right.

Poor man's Vergil :(

hopefully his DT is Vergil

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kyoufu said:
Poor man's Vergil :(

hopefully his DT is Vergil
I loved Vergil; so freaking badass. I was hoping that he'd make some kind of appearance in DMC4 as well, but didn't the creator say that he won't be in it?
Made me very sad...

Kaako said:
I loved Vergil; so freaking badass. I was hoping that he'd make some kind of appearance in DMC4 as well, but didn't the creator say that he won't be in it?
Made me very sad...

It seems almost certain from the trailers so far that Vergil is involved in the story in some shape or form.
His sword, Yamato, was in the last traile.r
Probably as Nero's DT like Kyoufu said.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ninja Kn1ght said:
It seems almost certain from the trailers so far that Vergil is involved in the story in some shape or form.
His sword, Yamato, was in the last traile.r
Probably as Nero's DT like Kyoufu said.
I skipped the last trailer, because they said that it was spoiler heavy. -_-
In that case; Hype meter rising +5

Kaako said:
Made me very sad...

o_O

Press: So RE4 is exclusive on GC, so it will never come to PS2?

Kobayashi: No, RE4 will stay on the GC. I would know since I'm heading the project as executive producer.

Press: So, will Vergil be in the game?

Kobayashi: No.

Detect a pattern? No, not the fact that Kobayashi is behind all Capcom games that end with 4.

Day 1 purchase confirmed!

I've never played DMC 1,2 or 3... Should I play those before this one? Or will it not even make a difference?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Jirotrom said:
i see i'm not the only one that caught this... btw where is the 360 version?

EDIT: nero is
vergil's son
Is that for real regarding your Nero comment?
Or are you speculating? o_O

DeathWasHere said:
I've never played DMC 1,2 or 3... Should I play those before this one? Or will it not even make a difference?
I say play 1 and 3(Special Edition) if you get a chance. Definitely worth it imo.

Wow. Just wow. I'm officially pumped for this game now. I need to replay the other ones in preparation. It'll be interesting to see the mini book of game art it comes with too.

DeathWasHere said:

Any story references that needs to be known DMC4 will catch you up on.

As for getting the dmc anniversary pack (dmc1, dmc2, dmc3:se) simply get those for the sake of playing 2 of the best action games of last-gen. But you don't need to for dmc4, no.

ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-
ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA-ORA

cant wait for this game :-D

MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-
MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-
MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-
MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-MUDA-

So is the special edition different from the collector's edition? The case seems different and there is no art book being advertised with the CE. How does this all work, pre-order collector's edition from any retailer and it gets upgraded to special edition?

Dave1988

Isn't this shot from the European CE? The US gets the CE with the soundtrack, the animu DVD and making of DVD (Blu-Ray?).

Will be picking up the European CE. I was thinking about getting the US one but I refuse to pay for the shittacular anime bundled with it ;p

Top Bottom