• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Football (Soccer) Thread - Season 04/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Wow, typical italian game, play like crap for 90 minutes and pop-up with the one goal you need in injury time, it's insane how well they can pull it off.

Sorry to drag it up chelsea fans, but i found this image hilarious.

34253.jpg

Solid

Looks like UEFA will punish Mourinho again.. haha what a couple turds! Jesus, get a life. The ball wasn't even in, of course he's gonna be upset.

SPORT-05s03-malet-649_368.jpg

Hooker

Chelsea advanced due to some pretty dubious calls as well against Barça... Karma I guess.

If they didn't count the goal, it would have been a red card for Cech and a penalty. And I reckon that would have been worse.

Solid said:
Looks like UEFA will punish Mourinho again.. haha what a couple turds! Jesus, get a life. The ball wasn't even in, of course he's gonna be upset.

SPORT-05s03-malet-649_368.jpg
Yeah, that cartoon is exactly like what happened :lol :lol
Look at Gallas's standing foot:
mark.jpg

his foot is practically on the line, as is carvalho's right foot

So move Gallas's left foot in the cartoon to where it should be, and therefore move everything else as well.. where does the ball end up? Just over the line.

Fowler

Pretty shocking difference between the two. Given how hard it is to get a good camera angle I don't see how Hawkeye can add anything special here.

Still, even if it didn't cross the line... penalty + red. So whatever.

ourumov

64489.jpg

I am amazed at how well this man played. I would like to know his price. We are in serious need of a decent left extreme.

Of course Vicente would be a great solution but if it was cheap it could be awesome for us.

Hooker

It took Hiddink like 3 years to get them at this level (the Koreans)

Last 2 seasons were horrible. Park much more than Lee. Someway or another this season they blossomed into something beautiful. I don't think they'd "survive" in another country with another team. First of all, the language is a HUGE barrier (they still can't speak Dutch nor English) -- secondly, the only reason they came to PSV was because someone familiar and someone who they could trust was there, their former national team coach, Hiddink

Alucard

Banned
Pssst. So when is the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Man U? I would still like to see Arsenal win something this year. :) Plus, Van Nistelrooy is a cocky bitch.

Maverick

Gerrard to replace who though?

Robben, Duff, Lampard, Gerrard? You can't take Makalele out of the equation.

Or

Robben, Cole, Lampard, Gerrard

and let Duff go? Chelsea would be stupid to sell Duff, imo. Just because Jose has some problem w/ him.

Solid

Well. It's been like this all season. Chelsea plays 4-3-3. And Makelele and Lampard is given on the midfield. Tiago, Smertin, Jarosik and Parker have all tried to play there but failed. Maybe José wants someone with the same qualtiy as the other two on the midfield.

Ashley Cole should be great since we only have one real left back. I don't think Gallas should play there, he should play in the middle together with John Terry. Read this article and you'll agree with me :p

And finally Adriano.. Hhaa, I think this deal is a little over the top. I don't Inter will let him go... unless Roman is willing to pay whatever it takes. I'd love to see him in the Premiership. He has the balance and body to play there so it should work. Kezman will prolly head over back to PSV so one striker in and another one out.

I still wonder if Geremi, Forssell, Cudicini and Smertin will stay though. They haven't played much (especially Cudicini and Geremi).

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
Dear Chelsea fans,

So long strutting around like you're ten men each in my local:

Fuck you and your fuck-all bought team that, when you think about it, means nothing you.

Enjoy the most dishonourable league win in history. Anyone in any pub over the weekend will agree that you've never seen a more plastic, false and generally laughable 'victory' in any football arena ever. It was painful for any real fan to watch. You embarrassed yourselves, a parody in it's truest form.

You might have the best team on paper but you know, it could have been any team up for sale at that time.

Pathetic.

But at least you're all well 'ard though... So that's okay.

And bummed by a bunch of car thieves too.

Cocks.

DCharlie

Banned
Folder, i hate Chelsea as much as the next man, but the results over 38 games don't lie. They were better than everyone else, and by some margin.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Why does everyone forget that Ranieri had all the money last season and didnt win a thing?

He even had a striker capable of finishing once in a while (Mutu) unlike Mourinho.

I loved Ranieri though, seemed like a really nice guy, i remember when some fans were chanting "You're getting sacked in the summer" and she got out of the dugout and shouted "No!, MAY..I'm getting sacked in MAY" :lol

Ghost said:
Why does everyone forget that Ranieri had all the money last season and didnt win a thing?

He even had a striker capable of finishing once in a while (Mutu) unlike Mourinho.

I loved Ranieri though, seemed like a really nice guy, i remember when some fans were chanting "You're getting sacked in the summer" and she got out of the dugout and shouted "No!, MAY..I'm getting sacked in MAY" :lol

"Yes the pitch is shit..... but it is our pitch" :lol

Every1 I know love the Tinker Man

Ikse

Anyone doubting Mourinho's managerial skills just has to look at his previous season with Porto. He is a class manager, that created wonders with a tiny % of the money he had in his first season at Chelsea.

He is very arrogant, which sometimes comes back and hits him in the face like the 2nd leg of the Liverpool game.

This is from an Arsenal fan.

Hooker

Yeah, Mourinho is a capable man.

But even so he's one scared little pussy. He won with Porto with defensive play. In big games with Chelsea > 10 man in the box and a lone striker swarming at midfield.

I know for certain that teams like PSV and AZ have WAY less money than he had to work with when at Porto, yet they still manage to actually entertain the people. (see the semi-finals, both getting ejected with lucky goals in injury time)

His arrogance and incapability to admit he'd done something wrong is what annoys me the most. His comments after the games just take the blood from under my nails. "The best team lost!" No bitch, that was Barça a couple of weeks ago, that was PSV the day after. Not you who never actually tried to control the game in a positive way, or actively participated in order to get the scoreline to favour you.

UEFA is probably going to punish him again for saying the linesman had scored the goal. I wonder if they can get it through his skull this time...

Folder said:
Dear Chelsea fans,

So long strutting around like you're ten men each in my local:

Fuck you and your fuck-all bought team that, when you think about it, means nothing you.

Enjoy the most dishonourable league win in history. Anyone in any pub over the weekend will agree that you've never seen a more plastic, false and generally laughable 'victory' in any football arena ever. It was painful for any real fan to watch. You embarrassed yourselves, a parody in it's truest form.

You might have the best team on paper but you know, it could have been any team up for sale at that time.

Pathetic.

But at least you're all well 'ard though... So that's okay.

And bummed by a bunch of car thieves too.

Cocks.

Co-signed.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
lol, Mourinho has an American Express commercial, I saw it on Fox Soccer Channel last night.
Mourinho1.jpg

Guileless said:
lol, Mourinho has an American Express commercial, I saw it on Fox Soccer Channel last night.
Mourinho1.jpg

"Whenever I need to buy the title, I use Roman's American Express card. I tried to buy the Champion's League with Mastercard, but it was declined. Fuck Mastercard!"

Alucard

Banned
May be a dumb question but...is the Champions League final only one leg, or still two?

Arsenal vs. Man U on the 21st for the FA Cup. Woo!

ourumov

0-2

Ronaldinho and Eto'o. The goal by Ronaldinho has been as awesome as the ones seen against Chelsea and Milan. This man is incredible.

Hooker

Oh, good, good!!

I was a bit scared that Valencia might pose to be a bigger threat than most people anticipated. Thankfully they maged to defuse it :) La Liga is 1 step closer :)

(Milan's Scudetto a huge leap further away though :()

F

Folder

Unconfirmed Member
DCharlie said:
Folder, i hate Chelsea as much as the next man, but the results over 38 games don't lie. They were better than everyone else, and by some margin.
No complaints about the team.
Just that it could have been any team. And Celsea fans are simply the worst fans ever. EVER.

Folder said:
No complaints about the team.
Just that it could have been any team. And Celsea fans are simply the worst fans ever. EVER.

You might be forgetting Millwall, Cardiff and Hull City supporters.

Who do you support btw

CelticFC#1

Free Scotland in 2008
Le Guen quits Lyon

big_md-i181571.jpg

Olympique Lyon coach Paul Le Guen announced on Monday that he was stepping down, one day after leading the club to a fourth domestic Ligue 1 title in a row. "I have decided not to extend my contract with Olympique Lyon," said Le Guen, whose deal was due to end on June 30.

The 41-year-old Le Guen joined Lyon in 2002 after the club had claimed the first title in their history.

He took over from Jacques Santini, who was appointed as coach of France.

Le Guen, who coached Stade Rennes between 1998 and 2001, led Lyon to three Ligue 1 titles, including the one they clinched on Sunday with a 2-1 victory over AC Ajaccio.

The coach said he had no plans for the immediate future. Media reports have linked him with his former club Paris St Germain.

"I don't know what I'm going to do next," said Le Guen. "The only thing I'm certain is that I'm not tired of soccer."

Former Nantes and Real Sociedad coach Raynald Denoueix, Stade Rennes's Lazlo Boloni and Lille's Claude Puel are among the favourites to take over.

Reuters - 09/05/05

A potential Man Utd boss?

Solid

Interesting. Ferguson is a great manager but he's been in United for ages. A change is clearly needed. He will have no problem to find another club if he decides to leave.

Cole isn't going to Chelsea btw. There's too much fallout from the tapping-up nonsense. However, I'm all for selling him and Reyes to Real for Owen + a good deal of cash for a top-class centre back, 'keeper and a winger.

This image pretty much puts it all to rest

mark.jpg

With one foot on the line and the other well behind it, anything between Gallas' feet is OVER the line and IN the goal.

Good luck to Liverpool for potentially their 5th European Cup and becoming the 3rd best team in Europe of all time :)

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Claudio Reyna will not play in the World Cup qualifiers and the friendly against England in Chicago this summer. He did look awful against Mexico but there will be quite a void in the midfield without him there. I say give Clint Dempsey a chance there and give LD more on the ball responsibilities previously held by Reyna.

Guileless said:
Claudio Reyna will not play in the World Cup qualifiers and the friendly against England in Chicago this summer. He did look awful against Mexico but there will be quite a void in the midfield without him there. I say give Clint Dempsey a chance there and give LD more on the ball responsibilities previously held by Reyna.
Why not? He's looked pretty good for Man City recently

As for the chelsea game, man united are looking a bit creaky these days aren't they? I don't know what that says about us in the league....

but we've got something bigger than 3rd place and an FA cup final to look forward to in 2 weeks :D

Alucard

Banned
Uhh, Chelsea's B squad? Hardly. You had Gudjohnson, Lampard, Makelele, Joe Cole, and Gallas all on the pitch. That's still pretty damn good. No Duff, Terry, Robben, or Drogba (overrated and lazy), but still pretty damn good.

Let's go Gunners. :) I really hope Henry and Ljungberg will be fit for the FA Cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom