• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nordic game sales 2013 NPD for the Vikings.

"The big news of this year is that we are presenting an estimate of digital sales numbers for the first time. Based on a tailored report by the American market intelligence company SuperData Research, this digital outlook together with physical sales reported by Gfk presents a more complete picture of the Nordic market. This picture totals nearly one billion euro, far more than any previous figure reported in Nordic Game Sales."

http://dataspelsbranschen.se/media/135759/nordic_game_sales_2013.pdf

Make a blood eagle on my back if old.

Doffen

2013 best selling list for the nordic:

1. GTA V
2. FIFA 14
3. BF4
4. CoD: Ghost
5. Assassin's Creed IV
6. The Last of Us
7. NHL 14
8. Skylanders: SF
9. FIFA 13
10. CoD: BO2
11. Disney Infinity
12. Far Cry 3
13. Skylanders: Giants
14. Simcity
15. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
16. Just Dance 2014
17. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
18. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
19. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
20. Assassin's Creed III

Musolf815

It's strange to me (but also makes me happy) that Sly Cooper sold well there. I believe it was a high seller in a lot of countries in the region.

It's strange to me (but also makes me happy) that Sly Cooper sold well there. I believe it was a high seller in a lot of countries in the region.

Yeah was also kinda baffled by that since there was not like there were any commercials for it or anything.

sinxtanx

I wondered why P4G was so much more popular in Sweden compared to the others

but then I noticed the glorious misspelling that was

Donkey Kong: Country Returns

Phinor

According to FIGMA (reports Finnish sales based on figures given by most big retailers), Sly Cooper was the sixth most sold game in Finland in 2013. Our top 10 differs slightly from that Nordic list:

1. Grand Theft Auto V (Take 2)
2. NHL 14 (Electronic Arts)
3. Battlefield 4 (Electronics Arts)
4. Call of Duty Ghosts (Activision-Blizzard)
5. FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)
6. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (SCEE)
7. Singstar SuomiHelmet (SCEE)
8. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
9. The Last of Us (SCEE)
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner)

edit: Just read the report and they also had Finnish top 10 there. Anyway, the point is, Sly Cooper games for some reason sell very, very well in Finland. I haven't seen any special marketing or anything so who knows.

Sly's there largely as a result of the previous games having been fully translated over there. Don't know if this one was, but the brand recognition is pretty significant as a result.

2013 best selling list for the nordic:

1. GTA V
2. FIFA 14
3. BF4
4. CoD: Ghost
5. Assassin's Creed IV
6. The Last of Us
7. NHL 14
8. Skylanders: SF
9. FIFA 13
10. CoD: BO2
11. Disney Infinity
12. Far Cry 3
13. Skylanders: Giants
14. Simcity
15. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
16. Just Dance 2014
17. StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
18. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
19. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
20. Assassin's Creed III

In general it looks just about the same as everywhere else, no? Like others pointed out, Sly Cooper does stand out.

Weird how in Sweden PS3 and X360 seem to go in pretty much neck and neck but other Nordic countries are completely dominated by PS3.

8g5f4fzpk4p.png

Digital future.

gtj1092

Great chart. Wish US NPD would do this. Crazy that Ps3 has nearly 50% of all the videogame market including handhelds and consoles. And it looks like the NDS is still competitive with 3DS.

Xilium

Digital future.

When people talk about the digital future, they are referring to the console/handheld space (PC and Mobile have been digitally dominant for a long time now). That chart just continues to prove that digital sales still hover around 10% of total sales for those systems (possibly 3%-5% higher due to the retail numbers likely including PC retail).

Great chart. Wish US NPD would do this. Crazy that Ps3 has nearly 50% of all the videogame market including handhelds and consoles. And it looks like the NDS is still competitive with 3DS.

Yeah presented really well. Handhelds is rather uncommon here were every kid runs around with an Iphone. =/

Also after Wii and DS finally die Nintendo is becoming completely irrelevant in Nordics. Handhelds have never been that big here though. Even during DS heyday it was always some home console leading the pack (PS2->Wii->PS3).

Faustek

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Yeah presented really well. Handhelds is rather uncommon here were every kid runs around with an Iphone. =/

Picking up a extra Vita and Minecraft as soon as it releases and then I'm pretty sure I can sway my god son and his friends.

seriously, whats up with kids and Minecraft?

Top Bottom