• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto to unveil Pikmin Movies at Tokyo Festival?

They did get the spelling right in the penultimate paragraph, but I think that was an anomaly.

Variety said:
Pimkin game characters are midway between animal and plant life and first appeared in 2001. They most recently appeared on Wii in 2013.

As expected.

Porcile

Reminds me of the IGN writer who used Pikman repeatedly throughout a article with seemingly no idea he was writing it wrong.

ryanofcall

Ohhhhhh and I thought these stupid "Pikmin Safari"-videos were the thing Miyamoto was working on for so long :D
Really looking forward to this!

So... NintendoXStudioGhibli films a possibility in the future if these proofs of concept are well received?

Or is Kawakami just there, not necessarily acting as a Ghibli representative?

These are the types of things a journalist should try to find out before running a story, but given that the author didn't know about Pikmin or the Wii U, he had likely never heard of Ghibli either.

Munkybhai

My friend got really into Pikmin 3 whilst we were working nights at the hospital, but she would always call them Pimkins, even after I corrected her, because she thought it was cuter.

ryanofcall

My friend got really into Pikmin 3 whilst we were working nights at the hospital, but she would always call them Pimkins, even after I corrected her, because she thought it was cuter.

My girlfriend loves Pikmin 3. It's her favourite videogame of all time, but she calls them Blumins because they look like flowers ("Blume" = "Flower" in german)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
movie poster leaked

Yx4Cd8X.jpg

wsippel

Banned
So... NintendoXStudioGhibli films a possibility in the future if these proofs of concept are well received?

Or is Kawakami just there, not necessarily acting as a Ghibli representative?

These are the types of things a journalist should try to find out before running a story, but given that the author didn't know about Pikmin or the Wii U, he had likely never heard of Ghibli either.
Kawakami is the chairman of Dwango, the owner of Nico Nico. If I had to guess, I'd assume he's there to announce that the shorts will be streamed on Nico Nico or something. Nico Nico has apps for both 3DS and Wii U, and Nintendo and Dwango seem to have a pretty good relationship. Unsurprising, considering Nintendo is one of Dwango's major shareholders - they bought 1.5% of the company when Kawakami needed money.

Brofield

typos aside, I actually can't wait for this!

CGI? Voice acting? Cartoon? Silent except for music and ambience? Text bubbles? The possibilities! I can't wait for this to come up!

DizzyCrow

As noted on Cinra, the film is the result of things he wasn't able to explore in the game version of Pikmin. The movie is broken into three episodes called "Midnight Juice," "The Treasure Inside the Bottle," and "One Tough Day."

The movie's done in CG and will be shown in 3D. It's not yet known how long the movie will be.

Pikmin Short Movie will be screened at next month's Tokyo International Film Festival and also shown at Toho Cinemas Nihonbashi free of charge, with tickets given out via raffle. Details on that will be provided on a later date.

Source

Being 3D I really hope they make a version for watching on 3DS.

Kawakami is the chairman of Dwango, the owner of Nico Nico. If I had to guess, I'd assume he's there to announce that the shorts will be streamed on Nico Nico or something. Nico Nico has apps for both 3DS and Wii U, and Nintendo and Dwango seem to have a pretty good relationship. Unsurprising, considering Nintendo is one of Dwango's major shareholders - they bought 1.5% of the company when Kawakami needed money.

Well, that makes sense, I wasn't tracking what Dwango was. There goes my hopes and dreams.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The film is a compilation of three shorts “The Night Juicer,” in which Captain Olimar makes his favorite juice; “Treasures in a Bottle,” in which Pikmin meet a strange treasure; and “Occupational Hazards,” an adventure at a construction site.

Sounds cool.

Effect

A simple google search could have cleared up all of the mis-spellings and misinformation in this article if the writer gave a single F.

gogoud

A simple google search could have cleared up all of the mis-spellings and misinformation in this article if the writer gave a single F.
Gaems journalism lololilololollolol

Seriously gaming journalism is niche.
Media journalism doesn't really care. They flounder all the time when it comes to video games. They have one intern who plays games and doesn't play the games they talk about. Simples. It happens on most major publications. We lol at it here. But it's a serious issue. Gaming doesn't get the spotlight it deserves and that's why we get these kind if articles.

Top Bottom