• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto reiterates more Nintendo movies are coming

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Super Mario Bros. Movie has undoubtedly been a massive success for both Nintendo and Illumination, setting records across the board and putting a smile on cinema goers faces. Now, legendary video game creator, Shigeru Miyamoto, has reconfirmed to Japanese news site Nihon Keizai Shimbun that there is “no doubt” that he will make another film based on Nintendo franchises. We don’t know what’s next after the success of the Super Mario Bros. Movie, but it is sure to end up being another smash hit.

Trilobit

Metroid but make it for the older crowd.

Cross between Alien and event horizon. Yeah.

I would like a cross between Alien and Prometheus. Something where Samus as a somewhat fresh space adventurer has to explore super ancient ruins alone. It should be very heavy on the atmosphere and discovery front rather than the action side. I didn't really care for Aliens as it was too much sci-fi action. The sci-fi horror of Alien made it so claustrophobically superb.

I wonder if Nintendo would allow something like that to be produced in live-action though. It would require a tight script, excellent director and big budget to not fall into the poor category of Paul W.S. Anderson's films like Monster Hunter.

Zelda's next makes most sense.

Starring Ryan Gosling.

m5zinaul8ff81.jpg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
An animated Animal Crossing film, but it's super dark and violent.

Animal Crossing mixed with Saw and Walking Dead. That would be incredible.

Nautilus

Banned
Donkey Kong and Luigi Mansion are the obvious choices for the next movie. After that? Who knows?

Everyone and their grandma knows that Zelda and Pokemon(a more tradicional one) will be made at some point, but more than that its a shot in the dark. A Star Fox film in a similar style to Top Gun would be fun(animated). But again, who knows.

F31 Leopard

Edited to be more specific
Animated movies/TV series I'd like to see.
Punch Out: Anime movie
Star Fox: Theatrical like Mario
Xenoblade Chronicles X: Anime series
Astral Chain:Anime series
Fire Emblem:Anime series
Advance Wars:Anime series
Golden Sun:Anime movie

Last edited:

Fake

Well, after the Mario movie sucess is kinda expected. There are others great canditates to become a movie.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I would like Zelda, but it's probably gonna be Smash. It's the one with the most earnings potencial.

Captain Toad
Pikmin
Starfox
Donkey Kong
Luigi's Mansion
Kirby

Animated movies for the above IPs have massive potential and could be hits with the general audience.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It would be a miss not to do a Luigi's Castle short for Halloween, showing us what happened to Luigi during his time at the castle he's found in the SMBM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom