• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict the Batman v Superman Box Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening Weekend:

Domestic: 165m
Wolrdwide: 400m

Total:

Domestic: 400
Foreign: 600

Total gross: 1bn

bvsquad2.jpg

MCU, domestic:

marvelpwron.jpg

Man of Steel

mos51rk8.jpg

What's yours ?

lock if old.

Edit: adjusted my WW opening Weekend.

Am I missing something here?

His 1bn prediction is for the worldwide gross over the course of its entire theatrical run, whereas the previous two numbers are solely for the three-day opening weekend.

Opening Weekend: 187 domestic.

(this film seems to be jamming its thumb down on a particular nerve for large swaths of the OT populace. Two different "guess the RT threads," a spoiler thread, an Early Reactions thread, this prediction thread... It's not Force Awakens levels of "goddamn" but it's getting there)

Shaanyboi

Banned
If it's good, I think it'll do over 1 billion, but maybe just slightly over.

This movie still has an uphill battle perception-wise.

At minimum over a billion ww, over 400 million domestic, OW 160-180.

Assuming great reviews.

I'll be impressed if it does more than Avengers. I think it's possible but not likely. Maybe Justice League will break JW's record.

OW $170-$180 million

WW 850-950 million

for some reason i think this will be a slight 'disappointment' for mega box office standards and fall just short of 1 billion.

Bleepey

I said BVS would do over $200 mill opening weekend in the US and do over $1 Bill worldwide and some called me a madman. The real question is whether it will do over $2 Billion.

Flavius

Sticking with my original prediction made elsewhere hereabouts...

OW: $176
WW: $862

Well enough to be considered a success, but no giant killer, despite the IP. Won't really have legs or benefit from a devoted fanbase attending multiple viewings.

Lothars

It will do 150 Million Opening weekend and if it's really good than it will do over a billion worldwide, if it's mediocre than it will do 800 million worldwide.

Sulik2

Opening Weekend:

Domestic: 190 million
Wolrdwide: 460 million

Total gross:

Domestic: 510 million
Worldwide: 900 million

Combined: 1.410 billion

KalBalboa

Banned
I think it'll hit $800 million world wide when all is said than done, if expectations for word of mouth are in line with Man of Steel's.

It's also a hair earlier in the year than normal for this sort of movie. I'll be tickled pink if the thing breaks a billion, though.

CrazyDude

Some of you are crazy at underestimating this, but a bunch of people GAF always manage to grossly underestimates movie performances.

Some of these numbers...

No movie that opens up at $170+ ends up at less than $1B.

The Dark Knight rises made $160 million and barely got to 1 billion worldwide

It would just have to have exceptionally shitty legs due to bad word of mouth or something

Kusagari

I said BVS would do over $200 mill opening weekend in the US and do over $1 Bill worldwide and some called me a madman. The real question is whether it will do over $2 Billion.

Star Wars barely crossed 2 bill. BVS won't even be close. Doubt it even approaches 1.5

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I love these threads. You get it right, you get no props. You get it wrong, you shame quoted for pages.
I'll only do WW numbers:
WW = $300m.

Anth0ny

Lots of non nerds/normal folks have asked me about this movie. For sure we underestimate week 1.

Same here. I think people are underestimating because of Man of Steel's box office/reception.

Batman being involved here completely negates all of that. This is going to be massive.

KalBalboa

Banned
Same here. I think people are underestimating because of Man of Steel's box office/reception.

Batman being involved here completely negates all of that. This is going to be massive.

Man of Steel still broke opening weekend records and made final box office comparable to Iron Mans and such, though. It just had no legs due to the intentionally bummer nature of the story.

suaveric

There's a reason the movie is titled Batman v Superman and not the other way around. The last two Batman movies did serious money, they each hit about 1.1B worldwide. So now we have a new Batman movie, plus Superman and Wonder Woman and people think this might do worse? It would have to be absolutely terrible to not cross a billion. Maybe the time of year will have some negative effect on the BO, but after seeing what Deadpool could do I'm not really sure it does matter that this won't open over the summer.

Opening weekend: US 185M+

Grand total WW 1.2B+

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Dark Knight rises made $160 million and barely got to 1 billion worldwide

It would just have to have exceptionally shitty legs due to bad word of mouth or something

There was a certain incident in Colorado that I would think definitely impacted the box office potential of The Dark Knight Rises. It also didn't have a 3D tax for that matter.

Man of Steel still broke opening weekend records and made final box office comparable to Iron Mans and such, though. It just had no legs due to the intentionally bummer nature of the story.

Man of Steel also had 2 $200M movies open up the week after it came out.

Futureman

I haven't heard one person IRL talk about this movie... YEA anecdotal but it makes me wonder.

I'm guessing $156 million OW... $400 total domestic. I don't think it will be quite as popular as many in here are speculating.

is Easter a weird weekend to open a blockbuster? Wonder what the Easter weekend record opening is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom