• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One owner buys PS4, what should he play?

EvB

In the wake of the news that The Last of Us is coming to PS4, I thought I would jump aboard the Ps4 owners ship and grab myself Sony's machine.
I quite liked the look of infamous so I have bought that and am working my way though that at the moment, very much enjoying it.

I've bought Flower as that was another game that passed me by on my Ps3.

I don't think I can stick another average FPS game , even if it has amazog 1080p graphics, so Killzone is on hold for the moment as I have a huge backlog of other stuff to do.

What should I be playing, which indie games should I be handing over cash for right now?
I've subbed to Playstation+ so I have been granted a free mcopy of mercenary kings, which I haven't sat down with properly yet.

InFamous without question is the best but you've played that.

I like Assassin's Creed 4 but you have Xbox One too.

Don't Starve is good as well.

Mumford

This. Still the best game on PS4 (outside of InFAMOUS.)

If it's still free on Plus, (I give it a 50/50 chance, I dunno for sure) you owe it to yourself to snag up a membership and enjoy the free games and any multiplayer games when you decide to buy one on PS4.

Also, check out the free to play games! They're pretty damn good, although Blacklight was the one FTP game I thought was subpar.

casnix

Get Resogun while it's still free with PS+. Even when it's no longer free, it'll still be worth it. InFamous is awesome as well.

EktorPR

RESOGUN,

And the best version of Ass Creed IV and Tomb Raider: DE money can buy.

Oh, and if you like Dig Dug and Metroidvanias, be sure to buy Steamworld Dig.

ron_bato

Since you already have Infamous I recommend Resogun. It's the most fun game I've had with the PS4 before Infamous came along, and I find myself going back to Resogun still to this day.

I also enjoyed Outlast, and I think if you're into the horror genre, it's worth a go. It isn't perfect, but I enjoyed my time with it. I will say that I didn't touch it for the first three weeks since I was too pussy to sit through it lol.

If you have not played Tomb Raider DE on the Xbox One, I also recommend it. I already played it on the Xbox 360 and I still enjoyed it, it was 30$ last week, so I guess it could be on sale somewhere right now.

Killzone is a very good multiplayer game if you are want an alternative to Call of Duty.

Final Fantasy XIV is a solid MMO too (you can try the free Beta right now on PS4)

Well if they're like capcom they don't ;)
nod-of-approval.gif

Mask

-Retail
Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete has loads of content and is a fun co-op game too.
MGSV Ground Zeroes is okay, little short, but worth a go if you haven't already got it for Xbone. 1080p too.
Injustice is a solid fighter, and was only released on PS4. You can probably find it for cheap if you like fighters.

-PSN
Resogun. Excellent arcade game.
Fez. Solid puzzle game.
Mercenary Kings (Free on PS+ this month)
Basement Crawl. Bomberman style online game.

-F2P
Warframe. Surprisingly fun, and doesn't lock you out of content like other f2p games.
Blacklight Redemption. Latest update added a COD style Zombie mode that is pretty fun.
DC Universe. Okay, if you like MMOs, but better if you like Batman or any of the DC heroes.

ShinAmano

S¡mon;107128721 said:
Nope. It also hasn't been confirmed a new Call of Duty is coming this year, but I'm telling you now: there will be a new Call of Duty.

:p

lol...this board is full of liars.

DryvBy

Hotline Miami and Mercenary Kings are the best of the best indie games on PS3 right now. Until Terraria and Minecraft hit.

As for retail, depends on what you like. Dynasty Warriors 8 doesn't look next-gen (neither did their previous titles for that matter) but it's loaded with hours of content for a good price. Couch co-op, online co-op, challenges, story, loads of characters to level up.

If you haven't played it yet, I'd even recommend Lego Marvel. It ended up being a ton of fun and the first PS4 game I got that platinum rock from.

Resogun and inFamous are the only must plays. ACIV is great but multiplat, I like Killzone Shadow Fall but apparently in the minority in that regard.

T.O.P

Banned
Same as you, got a ps4 couple of weeks ago and had an X1 till launch

i started with

-Resogun
-Infamous Second Son
-Killzone ShadowFall

After that i'm kinda at a loss on what to buy, but had some good fun with em

@oh yeah, get Outlast if you don't have a pc, loved it

SnakeEyez

S¡mon;107128721 said:
Nope. It also hasn't been confirmed a new Call of Duty is coming this year, but I'm telling you now: there will be a new Call of Duty.

:p

I may be a Junior but isn't giving false information a bannable offense? :p

Vinc

The PS+ games are great, especially Outlast and Resogun. Other than that, it's pretty barren in terms of exclusives, but I'd get every future multiplat on PS4 considering they perform better on it.

Maybesew

Resogun
Infamous

If you got ps plus early enough for free dead nation I find it to be a lot of fun.

If you didn't already play Strider, I would recommend that too.

Hellshy.

Shadowfall multiplayer is more then just a average fps IMO.
Resogun is very good.
f2p war thunder is a blast and is also coming to NA I believe this month or next.
Blacklight is a fun twitch shooter. Its in beta but has been improving
I really liked towerfall and outlast too.

bob page

Infamous
Resogun
Outlast
FF14

And if you haven't played Black Flag yet, play it on PS4- it's far & away the best looking version.

Dubz

Battlefield 4 is finally mostly working, so play that. The rubber banding seems to have subsided on all but the Naval Strike maps.

EvB

I'm struggling to find any answers here

I've played/am playing all the the multiformat stuff already.

Quite a few people have said Resogun and Outlast, but have talked about them being free, which they aren't are they worth the price of entry?

Top Bottom