• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IF (big if) Revolution wins this gen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyram

What will happen next gen? Will everyone, including Nintendo, just make more powerful consoles featuring the "remote" technology?

How long will the generation last? If Sony and Microsoft are beaten into 2nd and 3rd place, will they be happy to sit out the generation for 5 or 6 years, or will they start another console war before we need a new console?

Forget the fact that the Revolution might not (and probably won't) win. That's not what I'm talking about... I'm wondering how things will be if Nintendo's point (that graphics are less important than new forms of fun) is proven.

cvxfreak

A lot of people are sure of Revolution victory in Japan. Personally I think it will come out ahead there, thanks to the Virtual Console and remote. Should that happen, I'm sure Sony and MS will go after Japanese gamers with similar innovative games, if they don't do so this gen.

Win where Japan?

there is no way the rev can win the US I just don't see these GTA playing fools buying more Nintendo over Sony. I think it will do better maybe beat x360 :)

Win... NO

Wollan

With Revolution getting a 2nd or 3rd position, I think there's still a 50/50 chance all consoles will change their controllers(to a remote) next-next-gen. Basically Sony and Microsoft are taking wait and see approach.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that's a very generous interpretation of nintendo's "point." if consumers choose simple games with spastic controls over dragon quest and gran turismo and halo, then console gaming is in a sense dead. a market like that wouldn't support ambitious games or ambitious hardware -- i don't think we'd see anything like xbox 360 or ps3 again.

i could see revolution outselling everyone if it drops at $150 (at least in the beginning, a la "the ds effect"). but i think time will catch up with revolution, and 360 and ps3 will dominate the mass gamer psyche. i simply can not see nintendo being relevant beyond gimmicky games / input devices. yes, it is great the DS is making developers think of new ways to create games, as will revolution. but you're still affecting the action via a stylus, be it a pen or a dvd remote...i mean, it's novel (even nobel), but i do not forsee it holding any real weight down the road, i'm sorry to say...reprogramming 20+ years of gaming habits will not succeed in a single generation a la the revolution.

Revolution will not be a revolution, so to speak. Even if it somehow acquires the most marketshare this gen, it will not affect the next xbox or playstation in the least. It may open people's eyes to more unconventional games and interfaces and Sony and Microsoft may capitalize on this, but I highly doubt it would mean that the revmote would become the next-next gen standard.

Two handed controllers just have too much history to simply disappear in the span of a single generation.

Of course, this is all assuming the revmote is an upgrade at all.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
drohne said:
that's a very generous interpretation of nintendo's "point." if consumers choose simple games with spastic controls over dragon quest and gran turismo and halo, then console gaming is in a sense dead. a market like that wouldn't support ambitious games or ambitious hardware -- i don't think we'd see anything like xbox 360 or ps3 again.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
DjangoReinhardt said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

revpinkguy8uw.gif

Jonnyram

drohne said:
that's a very generous interpretation of nintendo's "point." if consumers choose simple games with spastic controls over dragon quest and gran turismo and halo
That's not what I'm saying either. I'm saying that graphical power is taking a back seat to new input methods and whatever else Nintendo has up it's sleeve. DQ is hardly the biggest player in the graphical field so that's not an issue. With other games, we have yet to see how the controller will be used, so my mind remains open in that respect. I imagine Nintendo isn't forcing spastic controls into every game developed, particularly from third parties, just as touch-screen input is not forced on the DS.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Jonnyram said:
What will happen next gen? Will everyone, including Nintendo, just make more powerful consoles featuring the "remote" technology?

How long will the generation last? If Sony and Microsoft are beaten into 2nd and 3rd place, will they be happy to sit out the generation for 5 or 6 years, or will they start another console war before we need a new console?

Forget the fact that the Revolution might not (and probably won't) win. That's not what I'm talking about... I'm wondering how things will be if Nintendo's point (that graphics are less important than new forms of fun) is proven.
- You are assuming that revmote tech would be the same next-next-generation. I believe there is alot of ways they could improve on the whole concept of motion-control/capture. I am certian the others will adapt what Nintendo has made for Revolution. Microsoft may even want to make it the satandrd method for controling Windows in the family-room. Question is if Nintendo can stay ahead of the curve by finding more ways to improve control.

- I dunno. most likely the other guys won't wait for another generation before implementing the Revmote idea.

- When Nintendo's proven right Sony and Microsoft will have to make a choice. TO either follow in Nintendo's direction of catering to the general/family user of games, or continue making multi-functional, powerful, set-top boxes.

ziran

ms and sony will probably adopt some version of the revmote interface.

I'm wondering how things will be if Nintendo's point (that graphics are less important than new forms of fun) is proven.
i think this point already has some validity and proof from the sales of ds sw & hw in japan.

the ace nintendo has is its most underestimated asset, amazing internal dev teams. they know how to make games people love playing. the success of their sw in japan and the world over during the last year has been incredible!

that said, i see a chance rev could have huge success in japan, but the rest of the world will be tough.

as i see it, revolution's shot at no. 1 has as much to do with how much existing gamers tire of (current) videogames as how much they (and non-gamers) enjoy new types of games and interaction.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
drohne said:
What?
Speaking at a European launch event for Dragon Quest VIII in London yesterday, project lead and series producer Yuji Horii revealed his excitement about Revolution's controller and hinted at his global ambitions for the top-selling Japanese RPG.

"When I was making Manga, I met up with the technology of computer games," he told journalists. "I loved the fact that it was interactive, that you do something and you get feedback. I thought that an interactive story where you get feedback and rewards from everything that you do would be interesting. I like the idea of interactivity with the hardware, so there, where you mention the Nintendo controller, it's a new interface, and it's exciting to have that reaction. You do something, and it reacts to you. It's human nature that to have some feedback from your actions it rewarding."

On sheets given to the press before interviews yesterday, the question, "Are they any plans to release this title on different platforms or game consoles?" was listed next to an ominous, "TBD".
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62452

:D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jonnyram said:
That's not what I'm saying either. I'm saying that graphical power is taking a back seat to new input methods and whatever else Nintendo has up it's sleeve. DQ is hardly the biggest player in the graphical field so that's not an issue. With other games, we have yet to see how the controller will be used, so my mind remains open in that respect. I imagine Nintendo isn't forcing spastic controls into every game developed, particularly from third parties, just as touch-screen input is not forced on the DS.
A-FUCKING-MEN and possibly one of the smartest posts on this entire forum for at least a week. It is upto the dev companies to pump out what they feel.

I dunno, this might just be the Nintendo fanboy inside me calling out.. but it'd be hilarious if next gen Sony and Microsoft and any other company that is coming up decides to implement the changes that Nintendo have opted within not only the handheld industry, but the console industry as well. It's been happening for years (i.e. A, B, X, Y, L, R button placement? analogue control? Z-trigger targeting?) and I just feel it'd be totally hilarious if it happens again.

Doube D

lets all just hope nintendo doesn't win. They can keep their crap (innovation) for the arcades. I want me some photo-realistic graphics and physics and traditional gamepad control.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
civilstrife said:
Revolution will not be a revolution, so to speak. Even if it somehow acquires the most marketshare this gen, it will not affect the next xbox or playstation in the least. It may open people's eyes to more unconventional games and interfaces and Sony and Microsoft may capitalize on this, but I highly doubt it would mean that the revmote would become the next-next gen standard.

Two handed controllers just have too much history to simply disappear in the span of a single generation.

Of course, this is all assuming the revmote is an upgrade at all.
I'm sorry. You are wrong. The RevMote is certain to become the new standard.

It will soon become apparent that using the old controllers is nothing more than playing the smae game over and over and over again... only with prettier graphics. RevMote will usher in a whole new generation of games not experienced before. Much in the same wway 3D games broke from the cookie-cutter templates of 2D games.

I think some of you are overestimating this remote's usefulness. It's design and implementation (IMO) looks more of like a desperate move to gain attention than actually something innovative or useful for gaming, it actually looks a lot more limiting in a different way. I only hope Sony and MS doesn't adopt such a gimmick idea as a primary means of interfacing. Although it probably wouldn't hurt to have a peripheral add-on to be used for those gimmicky days.

Andy787

Banned
drohne said:
For someone with complete disregard to capitalization, that was extremely well put. I agree.

This is why I very much hope that the Revolution is successful, but only on a scale similar to the GameCube this generation; worth owning for it's exclusives, but not by any means the market leader. I'm sure I'll love many of the Rev's titles, but traditional gaming is not broken to me, and I would be terribly disappointed if the Rev/DS's style of gaming became the "norm."

Gahiggidy

Doube D said:
lets all just hope nintendo doesn't win. They can keep their crap (innovation) for the arcades. I want me some photo-realistic graphics and physics and traditional gamepad control.
Luddite.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Smiles and Cries said:
there is no way the rev can win the US I just don't see these GTA playing fools buying more Nintendo over Sony.

revmonape4jn.jpg

Primitive GTA players cannot resist the pull of the object...that will change their world forever

xaosslug

IF (big if) Revolution wins this gen...

...I will quit gaming. lol

Seriously though, in order for a new control method to be viable, let alone successful for the gaming market as a whole there needs to be something intrinsically wrong/stale with the old one... and until Nintendo shows me personally what I can do with their controller over what I've been with what I've got, I will continue loling sat them. :p

But, if they were to won... L. Ron Hubbard help us all.

neptunes

I wonder if some of you would have been comfortable playing with d-pads forever.

and you seem to have this misconception that all games will consist of the player wailing their hands around like an Idiot, which I don't think will be the case. It can even be broken down to the slight movements of your wrists.

I think it really depends on how the revmote actually controls. Some people here are prematurely shaking their heads at something that really could take how we play games to the next level. Until we've seen some 1st-party titles running on the system, we won't have any real idea of what's possible here (imo).

Doube D said:
blah blah blah

Who's that in your avi?

[Nintex]

Nintendo will be market leader buys EA and let them make Mario party 1-98
Playstation brand is gone by the huge losses of Playstation 3 hardware sold. Microsoft doesnt even bother to bring out a next gen console and Miyamoto smiles at E3 when Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2. Gamers all over the world commit suicide and Nintendo will be 100% dominating again. The revolution will cost $500 after the competition is defeated.

ziran

but that's the thing, for me gaming is broken.

i'm bored senseless playing the same games with better graphics and a few tweaks. even the idea of going through a load of levels to get to an end boss is boring to me. only zelda:tp, for me the greatest game series ever made, has me half excited, and even then part of me thinks, not again.

i've been playing videogames over 25 years, and with every gen i've experienced an improvement in gaming with the exception of this dc/ps2/gc/xbox gen.

better graphics and improvements this gen haven't attracted more players in japan, the market has declined! and will logically continue to do so. i think without question videogames need to change so a different way of playing is available. you don't have to like it or play it.

Doube D said:
Even assuming a total industry shift to a Revolution-esque model, though, you would still have all that... just a few years later at a cheaper price with additional control features.

lancubap

If the Nintendo Revolution win........

It is too difficult to say how many possibilities has Nintendo to make his 5th home system the leader.

I know that is clear, but we must wait the games & the third party support, and overall how the Revmote will be used in the games.

For now, I think that we can see two different possibilities:

--> The worst possibility is that Revolution remains an innovative console, with good first party games, and bad third party games (overall by Western Developers). In this case, Revolution will remain an outsider and who bought the console is for First Party gmes and for NES/SNES/N64/NGC games compatibility. We suppose that Nintendo Wi-Fi connection will not be a success like the Xbox Live. The result is probably that the Revolution will sell more than Gamecube, but not by far.

--> The best possibility (what I hope) is that Revolution will change radically the videogame industry, I explain:
If it will be a situation like the Nintendo DS, at the console's launch, we'll have some good games, like Super Smash Bros. and Wario Ware that will show to the games what the console, and overall the Revmote, can do. Than after 6 months, Nintendo will deliver some big MUST-HAVE Software like Super Mario 128, a Golden Sun, a Mario Kart with Wi-Fi Connection, and Metroid Prime 3. These games will storm the industry but it will not enough without a good third party support, and I mean not necesssary a large amount of games, but some AAA games that make a good use of the Revmote.
Good games at the good time, good third party support, the incredible NES/SNES/N64/NGC library, good use of Revmote controller, with a free-charge Wi-FI Connection and an reasonable console and games price, will storm the industry and will make the Nintendo Revolution the number one.

The irony here, is that who will buy a X360 or a PS3, will probably buy also a Revolution machine, because is cheap, and because has games that there isn't anywhere else.

If a good amount of people will buy the Revolution exclusively, if , for example, 1/2 of PS3 owners and another 1/3 X360 owners buy the Revolution, these last will sell more than the others machines.

In this case, we'll have a new change into the industry like when Atari falls in early 80's.

Well, I wanna make sure that you have understood the point here: there a lot of others possibilities, and that this is only a supposition.

EDIT: grammaticals corrections.

Monk

Banned
I love how the rev controls are "spastic". When all we are told is that we dont have to move it that much. And yet that somehow translates to spastic controls. I believe there is some sense in the idea that you do a pulling action when you have to pull something.

That said i see the revolution as a beginners console not really intended for us gamers.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
JoshuaJSlone said:
Even assuming a total industry shift to a Revolution-esque model, though, you would still have all that... just a few years later at a cheaper price with additional control features.

you're assuming that revolutionesque consoles would stay about five years behind playstationesque consoles. in fact playstationesque consoles improve by a factor of about ten each generation, while revolution is only twice as powerful as gamecube. that rate probably wouldn't hold -- innovations in pc graphics would eventually trickle down even to revolutionesque consoles. but if you take nintendo at their word, graphics are already good enough, and there's no reason to move towards photorealism or any other kind of visual sophistication.

Yeah I also don't understand the 'spastic comment'. I feel like it will be really natural and easy to use. It reminds me of the DS touch screen. A lot of people call it gimmicky and make stupid PDS comments. But what amazes me is how precise the touch screen is.

And we have already heard comments that this new Revmote is precise as hell too. I think we can expect the same type of quality.

If they do win(which I doubt), then I can definitely see the others follow in their footsteps. History has shown the other companies follow after the big N. I mean look at the analog stick. Even though that one is a no brainer, look at rumble features. Sony made sure to have that copied as soon as possible.

I feel that they will release something for their current gen. Just like Sony made the PS controller analog later in its life.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
IVYLancets said:
I think some of you are overestimating this remote's usefulness. It's design and implementation (IMO) looks more of like a desperate move to gain attention than actually something innovative or useful for gaming, it actually looks a lot more limiting in a different way. I only hope Sony and MS doesn't adopt such a gimmick idea as a primary means of interfacing. Although it probably wouldn't hurt to have a peripheral add-on to be used for those gimmicky days.
Wow I've been transported back 2 years pre-DS! PSP is going to outself DS 2:1 in Japan! How's them apples sunshine?!

We are not overestimating as was stated within the thread creation's first post. It's more like a contemplative thread about how many Final Fantasy ports we're going to see on PSP.

Nightbringer

Don´t hit me for my bad english plase
A class of help for Nintendo:

Lesson 1: The marketing is good.

Promote your console and the fact that makes it different from the others and you will win a lot of people for your console.

Lesson 2: Green papers are good.

If your console needs a temporal exclusive or a total exclusive use your money for it. A temporal exclusive or a total exclusive is good because puts your image in a more higher level and increased the sales of your console.

Lesson 3: Adults have more money than kids

Don´t make Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Soccer and other things that are very scary for the adult people and make one or two good exclusive games of sports.

The example is that in Europe F1 from Sony is a hit, PES from Konami is a hit, Madden from EA is a hit in the United States.

Please Nintendo, if you can ressurect the NBA Courtside series or creating a new team for Sports game you can sold a lot in the occidental market.

Lesson 4: Some genres are important

-Sports is an important genre because milions of people enjoys this type of games.
-Racing is an important genre because milions of people enjoys this type of games.
-FPS is one of the most important genres in popularity and if we talk about Europe and the US you need some good FPS games.

End of the lessons

Microsoft has understanded this lessons and now they are the second power in the console market and any company that understand this lessons can be a winner.

But I have no faith in the sales of Revolution, I am going to buy the console because I am a big Nintendo Fan but when I see that the DS has the same errors in the catalog that the GCN has is when I lose all hope.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Jonnyram said:
Nintendo's point (that graphics are less important than new forms of fun)
This is nonsense, and they'd never say anything like this if they were able to compete in graphics the same way they as did in the past.

Nintendo's point is more like "we can't keep up on the hardware race, so we're hoping enough of you agree with us in saying that this thingamabob is 'fun'; oh and don't forget to repurchase the console titles you liked back when we cared about making systems that were technologically competitive."
Monk said:
I love how the rev controls are "spastic".
1.gif

If Webster's had animated gifs in its pages, this definitely could belong under "spastic".
lancubap said:
who will buy a X360 or a PS3, will probably buy also a Revolution machine
I wouldn't count on it.

Gahiggidy

dog$ said:
This is nonsense, and they'd never say anything like this if they were able to compete in graphics the same way they as did in the past.

Nintendo's point is more like "we can't keep up on the hardware race, so we're hoping enough of you agree with us in saying that this thingamabob is 'fun'; oh and don't forget to repurchase the console titles you liked back when we cared about making systems that were technologically competitive."

1.gif

If Webster's had animated gifs in its pages, this definitely could belong under "spastic".
I wouldn't count on it.
^^^^

Jealousy or fear?

Xrenity

Monk said:
I love how the rev controls are "spastic". When all we are told is that we dont have to move it that much. And yet that somehow translates to spastic controls. I believe there is some sense in the idea that you do a pulling action when you have to pull something.

That said i see the revolution as a beginners console not really intended for us gamers.
lol, so making the control functionality easier means it's not for 'gamers'?

Of course, you can only be a leet gamer when you press 3 buttons at a time instead of making one swift motion.

Easy control != Easy games.
You just have to think less about what buttons you're pushing.

dog$ said:

1.gif

I wouldn't count on it.

So you are telling me that someone who pulls off a 8 button combo in Tekken couldn't be considered Spastic? What about people who play DDR? Let me remind you it is one of the most popular arcade games in America.

I also love how the same people who are likely to point out that that commercial doesn't have anyone actually playing games, are likely to be the same people to use it as evidence.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Gahiggidy said:
Jealousy or fear?
Eh, the only thing I'm jealous of is how much income they make, same as any big corporation. Beyond that, though, I'm not sure what there is to be jealous or fearful of.
BudokaiMR2 said:
So you are telling me that someone who pulls off a 8 button combo in Tekken couldn't be considered Spastic?
Well I don't recall saying that, but hey if there's anything spastic about it, it's due to the person playing it instead of the hardware it's based upon.
What about people who play DDR? Let me remind you it is one of the most popular arcade games in America.
OH THANKS I FORGOT

(what the fuck kind of point is that, anyway? when something is popular it can't be considered "spastic"? why even bring that up?)
I also love how the same people who are likely to point out that that commercial doesn't have anyone actually playing games, are likely to be the same people to use it as evidence.
Hey all I see is some guy here getting all defensive about something being called "spastic" when right next to his text is someone using the thing in what I'd consider to be a "spastic" manner.

I'd still say this same thing if I owned a Rev right now.

R0nn

I just can't believe how almost everyone here seems to underestimate this controller's functionality and possibilities. Words like spastic, gimmicky and beginner's console are all over the place. Seems to me most of you just don't "get" the controller. It makes controlling games more accessible AND more immersive. That's just what it seems it's going to do. How can someon NOT be positive about that? Were you all this conservative when the analog stick was introduced as the successor to the D-pad for 3D games? As in: "I like the way it is now, screw analog!" because that's exactly the way you are now talking all over again.

Seems to me ALL you have to do with the controller in most games, is just twisting the controller a bit with movements of your wrist and that's it. So it's not spastic at all. Hands-on reports have constantly confirmed this. I don't know about you, but if numerous hands-on impressions from various sources constantly claim how natural and immersive this thing feels, I get excited about this innovation. Especially if some sources even dare to go as far as saying that traditional controllers just feel archiac in comparison (ie Edge). This claims aren't coming from Nintendo, they're coming from hands-on impressions from magazine and site editors, as well as quite a few developers who are all very intrigued by the possibilities of the controller.

Just wait and see, nearly all traditional games can be controlled by this thing, a couple of them even much better than with traditional controllers (FPS anyone?). Next to that, completely new game ideas, which can also appeal to hardcore gamers, will be created thanks to the RevCon. This controller has some serious potential to become the successor to current control schemes, just like the analog was compared to D-pad, or even D-pad to what was available before that. It CAN become the new standard within a generation, simply because previous big innovations managed to do so as well. I'm quite convinced of this. Not because it's from Nintendo, just because it's really promising technology with A LOT of potential both for hardcore and non-gamers alike. It's a 3D controller (not 2D like an analog stick or mouse for example) for 3D interfaces, that's all that is to it.

Yes, you may log this if you want and come back to it when the Rev has been on the market for about a year.

D3VI0US

How do we know Sony hasn't already copied their controller? That would be hilarious, I mean they took the N64 and came up with the dual shock, maybe they can one up Nintendo again.

Still I do think the Rev has potential to be number one worldwide but the only way for that to happen is if they cater to all of the market literally. Right now it's just a bunch of PR fluff about keeping everyone happy but to me it seems they're letting the core 16-30 male gaming crowd go to Sony and MS without a fight. I think they'll do a good job of growing their base and catering to non gamers but if it's at cost of the core then it won't happen. Rev at number 1 isn't that much of a stretch, new controller, cheap hardware, VC could be an irresistible ace in the hole if the price is right.

Xellotah

The RevMote isn't 'spastic'. In fact if the RevMote is as precise as what some developers are saying then it would probably require MORE skill to use proficiently.

R0nn

D3VI0US said:
Still I do think the Rev has potential to be number one worldwide but the only way for that to happen is if they cater to all of the market literally. Right now it's just a bunch of PR fluff about keeping everyone happy but to me it seems they're letting the core 16-30 male gaming crowd go to Sony and MS without a fight.

Yes, this part is still up in the air, but I can already say that the NDS disagrees with this statement since that platforma already has more than enough games catering to the traditional gaming crowd. Also, all games announced up 'till now for Rev are ALL traditional titles catering to a more traditional crowd. If they were all non-games there would've been much more reason to be sceptical and afraid.

The point of DDR was that, yes, just because something is 'spastic' doesn't mean it won't do well in a market. Because after that you claimed it would not outsell either of it's competitors.

dog$ said:
I wouldn't count on it.

And about Tekken. Look at someone's fingers while they are playing. You couldn't define that as 'spastic' movement of their fingers? Ok, thanks, try again.

ziran

D3VI0US said:
How do we know Sony hasn't already copied their controller? That would be hilarious, I mean they took the N64 and came up with the dual shock, maybe they can one up Nintendo again.

Still I do think the Rev has potential to be number one worldwide but the only way for that to happen is if they cater to all of the market literally. Right now it's just a bunch of PR fluff about keeping everyone happy but to me it seems they're letting the core 16-30 male gaming crowd go to Sony and MS without a fight. I think they'll do a good job of growing their base and catering to non gamers but if it's at cost of the core then it won't happen. Rev at number 1 isn't that much of a stretch, new controller, cheap hardware, VC could be an irresistible ace in the hole if the price is right.
:::...stealth troll spotted...:::

:::...beginning anti-nintendo fanbot retaliation procedure...:::

...would be an interesting point but disregards the incredible success of software from nintendo's amazing, vastly expanded, internals teams. this software will only be available on nintendo hardware and will drive revolution sales.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
R0nn said:
I just can't believe how almost everyone here seems to underestimate this controller's functionality and possibilities. Words like spastic, gimmicky and beginner's console are all over the place. Seems to me most of you just don't "get" the controller. It makes controlling games more accessible AND more immersive. That's just what it seems it's going to do. How can someon NOT be positive about that? Were you all this conservative when the analog stick was introduced as the successor to the D-pad for 3D games? As in: "I like the way it is now, screw analog!" because that's exactly the way you are now talking all over again.

Thing is: it is gimmicky right now. Nintendo hasn't shown us anything to prove that the controller is a necessary/worthwhile deviation from the status quo. As much as I agree with their thesis about the state of gaming, I need to see some compelling software before I think of the interface as anything more than a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom