• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Rime?

The assumption is that it will have a big presence (plus release date announcement) at the Paris Game Show.

It's still very much in development. :)

Donos

There was lots of buzz around E3...then nothing.

Do we know what's going on with this game?

Guess the dev is trying to finish the game? Dunno. Think i saw some info here three weeks ago or so. When you don't have an own PR department, constant flow of media and info is probably not so easy for small devs.

Or the TLG revival killed it :)

Shit got revealed way too early –– regardless of the size of the team, they really should understand when to reveal their games. Yes it was probably dictated by Sony marketing, the reveal that is.

Luke_Wal

If we don't get a release date (as well as mention of maybe a physical version; possibly with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture?) at PGW, I'll be shocked.

The head of the studio posted about finishing a crunch period shortly after E3,which explains why it wasn't there. Sony doesn't have a press conference at gamescom, so it's not surprising that we aren't hearing anything about it right now. PGW is the most likely place for it to popup next.

Walpurgis

Banned
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was MIA for a while but a release date came out of nowhere and now it's coming out like next week or the week after. Maybe they might do that with Rime and The Witness.

Sony should consider this game like an AAA.
Wouldn't mind if smaller games got bigger advertising pushes. Where's my Rime billboard?! :D

That EDGE cover was legit gorgeous.

15995601118_1b976bd98c_b.jpg

They recently celebrated the end of crunch on Twitter, but surely that means the game is all but done? Anyway, I'm hoping it'll come out this year, but the next five months are pretty stacked so I honestly wouldn't mind if it were a release early next year.

Jobbs

Banned
I still get confused when I hear "Rime" because I have a character in a game I'm making with that name. XD And that game, Rime, was announced like days after I wrote the character. Was friggin weird. Same spelling and everything.

Rime, Wild, No Man's Sky, and ABZU are some of the games I'm most looking forward to on ps4

I hope to see more during paris games week

kyser73

Do you have a source? First I've heard of such rumours.

I assume this is a joke.

I vaguely remember someone saying that the teaser at the PS4 reveal was created from scratch and not game-based and was basically bullshit and the team had nothing ready at all.

Was on a previous Rime thread if that's any help. There aren't that many of them.

I was really hoping to see it again at E3 this year, then I was really hoping to see it again at Gamescom. I honestly expected it to be pretty close to release by now, if not already out, but I suppose I'll set my sights on the Paris thing.

sirap

I hate that crunch is such an established and accepted part of the industry that it can be casually tweeted about like this. These are your employees lives.

Crunch time is inevitable. No matter how well planned your schedule is, it will always be there.

The best you can do as a manager is to minimize the amount of time spent in crunch, and also how severe it is.

Top Bottom