• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Enslaved- Odyssey to the West (If Last of us was a character action game)

Tizoc

I enjoyed Enslaved when I played it on PS3, but the poor fps and what have you soured the experience.

Thankfully nearly a year or so ago, Bamco put the game up on Steam, allowing one to experience the game in proper 60 FPS glory.

However the one thing that greatly disappointed me about the game is how much the textures leave to be desired
90B456A39E1C85C731E7CBEE5ACD7881CE3CDA4D

54408783D77F57EDD6BCE7B8EADFD4E726BC4EF4

FFF98C494A9BC4EBE40E85A555E5D63C117827FE

E6C843EC052775B36FB0625EB23B4231323E06B9

If only this game's textures could be inproved it would've looked much better.
Non the less the game's visuals do have merit to them, especially in the mocap and facial expressions/movements which NT did a wonderfu job with.

Gameplay-wise...it's pretty basic and simple, like 'baby's 1st action game'. I played the game on Easy managing to beat it within 6 hours! On Normal I might've taken 1 or 2 extra hours, but if you plan on playing this Easy or Normal are the way to go.

I didn't play the bonus Pigsy DLC on PC, but funnily enough, this ran muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better on PS3 than th base game.

As for the Last of us thing, it was mentioned o me by someone in my steam profile regarding the game and I can kinda see some resemblance.

Bought it on Steam and I'm enjoying this game a lot. The higher frame rate really makes an impact, the controls are so much more fluid than what they were on the 360.

The graphics still hold up very well, the character models and animations are still quite impressive.

I'm currently on chapter 5, hope the game gets even better.

Tizoc

Gameplay wise I wouldn't say so, but it's still a fun short romp as long as you put focus on the interaction between the 3 characters.

Sanctuary

(If Last of us was a character action game)

Wouldn't it just be called Uncharted, since it's basically just "Uncharted with the stealth mechanics it so desperately wanted to work in the previous games"? People always get in a fit over such a simple description, but that's how the game played. It was a slower version of Uncharted that relied on stealth. It isn't just the "ND element" either.

Anyway, the best thing about Enslaved was the graphics and character interactions. The gameplay itself was way too basic and as you said, "Baby's first action game".

Amazing game and story. So glad PC only gamers got to experience it.

Yeah it doesn't look the best 4 years on but a decent port is better than no port at all.

I bought and finished it on PS3 and did the same on Steam.

Oh and the way the explained the Andy Serkis flashes throughout the game, at the end was really surprising and well done.

It's a beautiful game albeit a little repetitive. Didn't care for the story but I enjoyed the road trip feeling it had.

Wouldn't it just be called Uncharted, since it's basically just "Uncharted with the stealth mechanics it so desperately wanted to work in the previous games"? People always get in a fit over such a simple description, but that's how the game played. It was a slower version of Uncharted that relied on stealth. It isn't just the "ND element" either.

What? Uncharted plays nothing like TLOU, it's like saying Max Payne is just a more fluid Gears of War.

Fezan

Was a decent game enjoyed it. It was more like team ico game without emotion or subtlety instead of Nd game

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
A good game, but it has its flaws.I got pretty burn out by the end (wtf at the ending?) and i gave up halfway through the pigsy dlc.

I just finished it for the first time on Steam two weeks ago. I really enjoyed the gameplay, simple as it was. But what really stood out to me were the character interactions. The mo-cap really helped to sell these characters.

Sanctuary

What? Uncharted plays nothing like TLOU, it's like saying Max Payne is just a more fluid Gears of War.

Do you remember the first stealth section in Uncharted 2? That's essentially how all of TLOU plays out, except way less janky than what was seen in the Uncharted series. You'd think that people would remember that there was more than just platforming and non stop mass murdering (can even do it via stealth takedowns!) going on in Uncharted, even though it happened a lot.

Top Bottom