• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why isn't there a ds version of the war in somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Alcoholic drohne isn't my favorite version, to be sure.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm sitting here, and it occurs to me that there isn't a ds version of my desklamp

it'd really work well with touchscreen controls

755985_3798490abc_m.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
speculawyer said:
I still don't know why so many people are into these portable games . . . unless you are stuck in commute, play a real console.
Try putting your PS2 to sleep and tell me how that works out for you. kthxbye

RevenantKioku said:
Try putting your PS2 to sleep and tell me how that works out for you. kthxbye

My PS2 hasn't been fired up since I got bored with GTA:LCS.

However, I do think having a good ability to save the game at any time is important . . . that is one of the reasons I have a problem with DeadRising.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
You know I was just thinking that the DS could really use a mouse simulator. You know, like the one on your keyboard, not that dumbass commercial yesterday in the superbowl. You would plug the ds into your CPU, USB of course. well, bluetooth wireless ds-mousing would be cool too. And then you'd have to get a pad for it or you'd scratch it all to ****. You could use the A button for the left click and the b button for right. Double clicking has never been easier! The screen would be really useful too. It could be an extremely close up shot of 100 pixels radius around the cursor. That would be cool. I would look at nipples with my DS mouse.

RevenantKioku

speculawyer said:

However, I do think having a good ability to save the game at any time is important . . . that is one of the reasons I have a problem with DeadRising.
But the PS2 is still knocking next gen around silly. Only the DS is a decent challenger.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

RevenantKioku said:
But the PS2 is still knocking next gen around silly. Only the DS is a decent challenger.
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

WTF? I'll admit that I pine for a nextgen version of Bully. But other than that, forget it.

RevenantKioku

speculawyer said:
WTF? I'll admit that I pine for a nextgen version of Bully. But other than that, forget it.
FTW?
I just think yous trying to play like ps3/wii/360 are worth their price yet, lollzrzzreszckzx;vjz

bluemax

Banned
speculawyer said:

Dead Rising would be too easy if you could save anywhere. It would destroy all challenge. People expected an open ended game but it's really more of a classic style game.

Also drohne is awesome.

RevenantKioku

bluemax said:
Dead Rising would be too easy if you could save anywhere. It would destroy all challenge. People expected an open ended game but it's really more of a classic style game.

Also drohne is awesome.
Nah, I ain't talkin' bout that shit poor PC game style "YAY I SAVE AND RELOAD WHENVER I WANTS" I just want some mother damn quicksaves when I'm all up ins my games. And shit.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
PantherLotus said:
You know I was just thinking that the DS could really use a mouse simulator. You know, like the one on your keyboard, not that dumbass commercial yesterday in the superbowl. You would plug the ds into your CPU, USB of course. well, bluetooth wireless ds-mousing would be cool too. And then you'd have to get a pad for it or you'd scratch it all to ****. You could use the A button for the left click and the b button for right. Double clicking has never been easier! The screen would be really useful too. It could be an extremely close up shot of 100 pixels radius around the cursor. That would be cool. I would look at nipples with my DS mouse.

DSMOUSE.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
how many people are drunk up in here/?

bluemax said:
Dead Rising would be too easy if you could save anywhere. It would destroy all challenge. .

So a crippled save system was just a lame way of extending gameplay? Weak. Very weak

(And we are way off-topic.)

RevenantKioku

speculawyer said:
So a crippled save system was just a lame way of extending gameplay? Weak. Very weak

(And we are way off-topic.)
Ain't nothing crippled about it.
DON'T COME BRINGING NO WEAK SHIT UP INS UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNED.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Is Black Hawk Down set in Somalia?

I have officially now become an old person who says things like "Kids these days! I don't know how this country is going to carry on." :lol

PantherLotus said:

Xerox Corporation Presents Mouse Training: How Old is Your Mouse Hand?

RevenantKioku said:
I just think yous trying to play like ps3/wii/360 are worth their price yet, lollzrzzreszckzx;vjz

The price isn't a big concern for me. But of the PS3/Wii/360 crop, the 360 is the only one worth the price of admission (assuming you have an HDTV). The others may become worthy with more software. The Wii is close on Wii Sports alone, but two games does not make a console (Zelda being the other obviously).

IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom