• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Heart R Vita localization [confirmed by producer]

Takao

Banned
And digital, right? All of these announcements today! :O

There hasn't been a Vita game that wasn't available digitally in North America.

Gamestop Exclusive? Guess they are fronting the bill for localization?

It's more like this was going to be digital-only but Gamestop thought they could make some money. Namco, and Gamestop have done this in the past with One Piece on 3DS, and Vita.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ugh, they're really going through with it.

I'm all for more Tales games being released in the West... but this one...

Wow so many Vita localisations. Is this a good Tales game?

Story's good according to those talented at Japanese, while the changes made from DS to Vita are not so good and make it an inferior game.

Flamfas

Crying for Kaji, he even improved ToH's battle system and added a hi-ougi ...

Wow so many Vita localisations. Is this a good Tales game?

I've only played the first few hours, but yeah it's fun. You're going to get a lot of comparisons with the DS version, and I honestly think neither version is better - DS had some better qualities while this version also has some improvements

FSLink

Banned
Awesome. Gamestop exclusive is kind of disappointing, but more Tales is a good thing.

EDIT: Judging by the price I guess we're not getting the "Link Edition". :p

Cornbread78

WAIT, WHAT!@!! IS this REAL??????????

YEESSS!!! Finally!

giphy.gif

FSLink

Banned
How big is the possibilty that this is just a mistake of Gamestop?
I hope we get a Bandai Namco confirmation soon.

Having it labeled as Gamestop exclusive instead of nothing at all is kind of interesting. If it was just a placeholder, I'm sure we'd just get that placeholder date and nothing else.

Yazuka

OMG!? This is true!?
Well, as I said in another thread. I would be getting a Vita if Hearts came out . So I'm getting a new Vita in the future.

Cheeky

I need a gif of somebody chilling on a beach and then suddenly getting hit by a huge wave. Or something along those lines.

Because thats what kind of happening right now.

Come on Sega, PHANTSY STAR NOVA. COMPLETE THE CIRCLE!

Cabal

This is great news! I want Innocence as well though. Too bad they could get them both localized, because I don't see them going back at this point. That said, day 1 bought. Vita is having a pretty good day.

Heyt

Banned
I hope this does not affect the fan translation of the superior DS version. So many years waiting.

Great news though. R is still a good game and still retains many of the good things of the original game.

Hugstable

Banned
LOL I see many people hating on this game in both this topic and the last. Honestly how many of you actually understand Japanese and played both the DS version and this to completion to where you can differentiate what was taken out. Is it even stuff that makes that big of a deal. Lol they are finally releasing some JRPG for the Vita and people that probably haven't played either are already claiming its inferiority.

And those complaining about the graphics... When has this series ever been cutting edge in graphics outside of the nice sprites for the older 2d games?

Atlas157

I hope this does not affect the fan translation of the superior DS version. So many years waiting.

Great news though. R is still a good game and still retains many of the good things of the original game.

How is the DS version superior?

Top Bottom