• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Winds (WiiWare) = instabuy

Seriously. We need to support this kind of incredible ingenuity on the Wii....the whole experience (albeit short) is phenomenal.... just phenomenal.

the music, the appearance, the charm, the controls, it's just...... sex. BUY IT NAOWWW!!!!

:D

the whole game took me about 3 to 4 hours the first time, though I can see finishing it in 2 the next time round. I feel like I got MORE than my $10 worth out of this. I will play this game through probably 20 times or more. Plus we will be seeing a sequel before too long....

UNBELIEVABLE. BUY THIS!!!!

I played about 15 minutes.

It's really, really pretty. And the controls seem pretty solid. But other than that, I've achieved nothing. I assume I'm on my way to a level or something?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dragona Akehi said:
It'd be nice to buy it and support a small developer but you know, no space.

Heh, heh heh... I see what you did there

Amir0x said:
i will go to download this right no--

--oh, I can't. Because i have no space.

Oh snap! Mod conspiracy!

I had to delete stuff to download it.

And because it takes so long to copy to the SD card, I literally just deleted them.

It's so bad.

Tristam

LostWinds looked pretty but also really slow. Is this just the product of superconcentrated WiiWare hype or is it actually good?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
It looks gorgeous, but it doesn't seem to control that good to be honest. From what I saw in that short clip, anyways.

Might still buy it though, just to check it out.

By the way; how many blocks are needed for the d/l?

beef3483

Dragona Akehi said:
It'd be nice to buy it and support a small developer but you know, no space.

It plays similar to 2D Metroid. Retraversal, item/powerup based progression, and a sprawling interconnected 2D map. It has all that.

Tempted yet? You don't absolutely need every one of your VC games on the menu, do you?

Aeana

I see some people saying it's slow... it's slow, but I think it's very relaxed. It doesn't actually feel sluggish or anything. I get a Knytt vibe from it, honestly, and I find the platforming with the wind to be really fun.

pitt_norton

No space? Heard of SD cards?

It really isn't that much of a hassle... and it ensures that by setting aside any stubborn feelings and the feeling my stubborness will change the world, I get to play some cool games.

big_z

i bought this and im on the last shrine. the game looks nice, sounds okay(lacks variety) and plays so-so. It's kinda boring as you do a lot of back tracking and only die because your stupid wind didnt work and you fall to your death. Enemies do shit all.

Probably would have been finished already but the game crashed on me... :(

Stuneseht

Well i finished the game (3 hrs), and i cant wait for the sequel:D . Based on the ending, this series definitely has some legs. I felt that this game had more of a okami vibe rather than kirby cursed canvas. My only complaint is that there needs to be some kind of overworld map; the npcs don't seem to tell you were you are.

Link Man

Banned
Aeana said:
I see some people saying it's slow... it's slow, but I think it's very relaxed. It doesn't actually feel sluggish or anything. I get a Knytt vibe from it, honestly, and I find the platforming with the wind to be really fun.
Same here.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
"Boy there goes Crushed's bestest buddy."

"Wow, what a lucky person."

"All they had to do was gift him Lost Winds and they were best buds forever."

"Really? That's so amazing. I wish I could've had the chance to do that."

"I had the chance. Now I cry myself to sleep at night out of regret for the friendship I will never have."

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Put about half an hour into it, and I've found 3 of 24 somethings. Seems a bit sleepy and tranquil, but so far so good. I'm putting it aside at the moment to try out FFCC.

Nicktals

Banned
WAY too short. I beat it in 2 and a half hours, and there's really not any replayability, or challenge.

What way there was fun. But they could have done so much more with the puzzles, as well as the combat. The one Wii Ware game I was looking forward to the most, and now I really wish it had been a retail game.

What's there is great but to me wasn't worth 10 dollars.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
TheGreatDave said:
I had to delete stuff to download it.

And because it takes so long to copy to the SD card, I literally just deleted them.

It's so bad.
I did that a month ago and it took over an hour to back up all my content. Its worth getting into the habit of backing stuff up to an SD card once downloaded so when you're done playing you can simply delete it off the system's memory without any hassle.

EDIT: I'll pick this one up before the week's out.

TekunoRobby said:
I did that a month ago and it took over an hour to back up all my content. Its worth getting into the habit of backing stuff up to an SD card so once you're done you can simply delete it off the system's memory without any hassle.

It's unacceptable to me. I'll never buy another Virtual Console game until this shit is sorted. And if I run out of space after deleting them all and filling it with WiiWare, I won't buy another WiiWare game. That simple.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Crushed said:
Can someone else buy it and gift it to me.

I'll be your bestest friend.

I give you Lost Winds, you love me long time?

You give me something nice for Christmas and I'll definitely give it to you. :D

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Crushed said:
"Boy there goes Crushed's bestest buddy."

"Wow, what a lucky person."

"All they had to do was gift him Lost Winds and they were best buds forever."

"Really? That's so amazing. I wish I could've had the chance to do that."

"I had the chance. Now I cry myself to sleep at night out of regret for the friendship I will never have."
"It was nothing guys...I essentially paid $10 to get Crushed shut up and to leave us alone."

mizuk_i

I'm stuck at the end someone help please.

I have no clue how to beat the one Boss at the end. Nothing i tried did anything to him.

Nicktals

Banned
mizuk_i said:
I'm stuck at the end someone help please.

I have no clue how to beat the one Boss at the end. Nothing i tried did anything to him.

Draw the fire to his hand, then jump on his hand, press z to grab, and wind gust up to yank off the gloop.

I had to really clean the fridge out to manage to purchase Lost Winds and Defend your Castle. It really seems like having more than 3 downloaded will be a miracle.

It seems pretty glitchy, I was in the cave where the second chest is, in a room which was occupied only by two switches next to each other and a piece of fruit hanging up next to a wall, when all of a sudden my character collapsed and died for no apparent reason whatsoever. (Nothing in the vicinity was capable of damaging me.) Has anybody else encountered anything like this?

Top Bottom