• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Winds (WiiWare) = instabuy

Dragona Akehi said:
It'd be nice to buy it and support a small developer but you know, no space.

same here.

I was hoping it would be less space, but apparently its 200-some. I will spend at least $50 once Nintendo has a way of running stuff off my SD card, but until then I will just not bother with it. Hell, if they even only speed up the time it takes to transfer stuff, I might not be as pissed. When it takes less time to download a game than it does to transfer it to an SD card, then that is a problem.

Teddman

Just blow away the Virtual Console games you (unwisely) bought and re-download them later. But as if, y'all know you never play your virtual console purchases anyway.

Teddman said:
Just blow away the Virtual Console games you (unwisely) bought and re-download them later. But as if, y'all know you never play your virtual console purchases anyway.

I actually only keep the multiplayer games/pick up and play games on my Wii, I had to put games like Paper Mario and OoT on my SD (which took forever).

and I do play my VC games a lot.

Dragona Akehi said:
It'd be nice to buy it and support a small developer but you know, no space.

This. I seriously don't know what to do when Wiiware launches here in Europe.

Mario Kart channel, Wii Fit channel, Everybody Votes channel, Internet channel, Mii Contest channel, Nintendo Channel and saves = no room for anything other than a couple of NES games.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

ccbfan

Unless this game is unbelievably good, I'm gonna have to pass. My Wii memory can't handle a backlog like my shelf can.

At this point it pretty much has to be freakin amazing or can't wait must play now for me to buy a Wiiware game or a VC game.

I already got burned once and had to delete half my VC games. (Much faster to re-download than use the SD card). So whats the point of buying a game unless I have a crazy urge to play it right at that moment since by the time I feel like playing it, I probably would have had to delete cause I have no space. So pretty much Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Rondo of Blood, Ogre Battle 64 and Earthbound are the only VC games I'll buy.

Plus more stuff like the MK channel is probably on the horizon, so the storage space is going to get less and less. I fear how big the Animal Crossing Channel is going to be.

Sorry Lost Wind unless there's a long drought where I have nothing to play and no new games to buy. If I still remember you instead of the other hundred VC/Wiiware games I didn't buy because I felt they weren't "storage worthy". Maybe I'd give you a chance.

Cowie

if you don't buy this game, its on your hands when wiiware ends up being carnival games and fucking poker.

Nicktals

Banned
ccbfan said:
Unless this game is unbelievably good, I'm gonna have to pass. My Wii memory can't handle a backlog like my shelf can.

At this point it pretty much has to be freakin amazing or can't wait must play now for me to buy a Wiiware game or a VC game.

I already got burned once and had to delete half my VC games. (Much faster to re-download than use the SD card). So whats the point of buying a game unless I have a crazy urge to play it right at that moment since by the time I feel like playing it, I probably would have had to delete cause I have no space. So pretty much Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Rondo of Blood, Ogre Battle 64 and Earthbound are the only VC games I'll buy.

Plus more stuff like the MK channel is probably on the horizon, so the storage space is going to get less and less. I fear how big the Animal Crossing Channel is going to be.

Sorry Lost Wind unless there's a long drought where I have nothing to play and no new games to buy. If I still remember you instead of the other hundred VC/Wiiware games I didn't buy because I felt they weren't "storage worthy". Maybe I'd give you a chance.

Keep in mind that you can easily 100% it in one night. Then delete it, only to redownload if you ever get the urge to play again a few months down the line.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I cleared space up just for this! And I'll do the same for Toki Tori, these developers deserve the support. The rest of the games can wait until I get a HDD though.

I'm really enjoying this so far, it plays out at such a relaxing pace and the presentation (both visual and sound) is wonderful. I just can't stop playing it!

ruffles

Where the fuck is the 2nd shrine? Is close to the bouncy shroom and the rock that is movable nearby? And why us manipulating the torches so hard? :(

Owzers

FoxHimself said:
This. I seriously don't know what to do when Wiiware launches here in Europe.

Mario Kart channel, Wii Fit channel, Everybody Votes channel, Internet channel, Mii Contest channel, Nintendo Channel and saves = no room for anything other than a couple of NES games.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

" We're making piles and piles of money, lol gamers." At least, that's how i picture it.

MWCShay

ruffles said:
Where the fuck is the 2nd shrine? Is close to the bouncy shroom and the rock that is movable nearby? And why us manipulating the torches so hard? :(

second shrine gives you the power to manipulate the torches and water too

Crushed

Fry Daddy
TheGrayGhost said:
Why can't you buy it?

I'm in a generous mood. Give me your Wii Number, and I'll give you mine.
No, that's okay. I was just being silly because I'm strapped for money as it is. :lol

Weenerz

Banned
Just got the abiltiy to make vortex, I just dunno wtf to do after that. I go into the crab room and kill the crab and now I'm lost.
HALP!

MWCShay

ruffles said:
I mean when
the explorer guy tells me there is a shrine to the west of where I was sleeping

there is just keep going west of where you found the wind spirit, and stay at the bottom if I remember right.

Crushed said:
No, that's okay. I was just being silly because I'm strapped for money as it is. :lol

Shame, I would've gifted it to you. I have a connection with the Wii Points cards...

I'm only 22 minutes into it, and I'm impressed at the seamlessness of the game, right from the subdued title screen into the start of the game and into the (surprisingly good) platforming.

ZeoVGM

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
The #1 rule of being a NeoGAF mod: Bitch about Nintendo at any and EVERY opportunity.

Don't be an idiot.

They absolutely SHOULD bitch about the space on the Wii. There's downloadable content and now games and there's SHIT for space.

MercuryLS

Banned
omg rite said:
Don't be an idiot.

They absolutely SHOULD bitch about the space on the Wii. There's downloadable content and now games and there's SHIT for space.

Isn't it pretty easy to just get a big SD card and put games on that? Or am I missing something.

antispin

ruffles said:
I mean when
the explorer guy tells me there is a shrine to the west of where I was sleeping

Keep heading left-wards, so to speak. You need to jump over the bridge that collapsed at the beginning of the game, to reach the cave with the second shrine.

Hate to go OT, but please try the other games -- Pop, Defend your Castle, and TV Show King are all good! Clicky here for impressions.

Agent X

Gold Member
I got LostWinds and played it for about a half hour. It's fun, and has some beautiful graphics and music. Even if it is a short adventure overall, so far it seems like it's one that's worth playing.

Stalfos

MercuryLS said:
Isn't it pretty easy to just get a big SD card and put games on that? Or am I missing something.
It actually takes more time than you would think to copy over to an SD card, but yeah its really not that big of a deal unless you want instant access to all your games all the time. For me personally I don't have a problem moving some games over to an SD card because I know I won't play them again for a while, and when I do want to play them again its easier than downloading them again to move it back from the SD card.

Still Nintendo should allow us to play stuff off of the SD card.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
finally this game is mine! all those months in blocks saving pay back!

beautiful, beautiful art direction. very original mechanics. soothing atmosphere. kudos, frontier!

*avatar changed in celebration of developer's spirit*

antispin

If you want to be heard on the Wii space issues, the best way to do so would be to sign up to send data on the Nintendo channel. Let's inundate their servers with our ever-shrinking flash capacity! WHO'S WITH ME!!?

ArtG

I'm stuck:

I'm in the Old Mines. I just hit a switch (one of those rings that you pull up) that releases a piece of the floor. There is a flying flower that I can take, but when I use it, there is a guy in the ground that comes up and snatches me, or the flower doesn't have any power to get all the way up the ledge on the other side. Help!

Akai

ArtG said:
I'm stuck:

I'm in the Old Mines. I just hit a switch (one of those rings that you pull up) that releases a piece of the floor. There is a flying flower that I can take, but when I use it, there is a guy in the ground that comes up and snatches me, or the flower doesn't have any power to get all the way up the ledge on the other side. Help!

Well that's exactly what you have to do: take that flower, float down enough to pass the "stalactite" and before you get within the enemy's reach use slipstream to float up to the ledge...Shouldn't be all that difficult...

ArtG

Akai said:
Well that's exactly what you have to do: take that flower, float down enough to pass the "stalactite" and before you get within the enemy's reach use slipstream to float up to the ledge...Shouldn't be all that difficult...

Christ. :lol I'm a retard. Totally forgot about slipstream...

Seriously, buy this game and stop whining about the damn bar fridge. Its really brilliant work and these independent developers need our support. Its 10 bucks you cretins! :D

Link Man

Banned
Akai said:
Or you can defeat the enemies by jumping over them, trapping them in the air with a vortex, and smashing them into the ground.

beef3483

omg rite said:
Don't be an idiot.

Yeah, but not in this thread. This thread is about the quality of Lost Winds. If you don't have the space, and have a strange aversion to clearing a little space, then just don't comment. No reason to add OT negativity. This thread is pretty much derailed now. What's sad is that the mods helped do it.

angelfly

Really want to pick this up but I'm still not sure about (having no space doesn't help either). It looks very interesting but I watched a video of it being played and it just seemed slow. It looks like a very soothing game though.

Go319 said:

No, it's only in NA.

Terrell

TheGreatDave said:
It's unacceptable to me. I'll never buy another Virtual Console game until this shit is sorted. And if I run out of space after deleting them all and filling it with WiiWare, I won't buy another WiiWare game. That simple.
See, I don't know why anyone should waste time convincing the stubborn to use SD cards to solve a storage problem when they're clearly protesting. Except it's a protest about absolutely petty inconvenience.

If this is all that stops them from owning a good game, they didn't want the game in the first place and are just using this topic to wave the banner of their cause. AGAIN. Like we didn't hear them in every single WiiWare thread since the beginning of creation.

So don't waste your time, really, they weren't going to buy it anyways.

MercuryLS said:

It takes a long time to transfer a game to an SD card, longer than you would expect. The thing is that Nintendo has 2 USB ports and an SD card slot, yet they still have problems finding a practical way of managing memory. It is terrible considering large sizes of Wiiware and N64 games. Considering how simple it would be have games run off the SD card, they still havent after all this time.

I am still considering moving another couple games to play Lost Winds, but this is seriously bullshit. I am even willing to buy a Nintendo branded price jacked external hard drive to have more memory, yet they arent doing that either.

and for reference, it would most likely take over an hour to free up enough space on my Wii to download this game. I even deleted all the channels I didnt use to free up space, yet Nintendo still forces me to have the forcast and news channel despite the fact that I can't even use them because I don't do the wii connect 24 thing. It is such a mess.

nincompoop said:
It seems pretty glitchy, I was in the cave where the second chest is, in a room which was occupied only by two switches next to each other and a piece of fruit hanging up next to a wall, when all of a sudden my character collapsed and died for no apparent reason whatsoever. (Nothing in the vicinity was capable of damaging me.) Has anybody else encountered anything like this?
Did he fall a moderate-to-long distance? That causes damage unless you slow him down.

Tenbatsu

Lost Wind is awesome for a small developer effort, only downside is that its short and no map. The graphics are gorgeous.

Top Bottom