• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPGamer's Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment Interview

Aru

Teknoman said:
Man...I came here thinking a new Vandal hearts was coming.

What do you mean ?
Vandal Hearts: FoJ isn't a remake. It's a prequel, so it's a new game.

Anyway, I don't see the point of showing screenshots of a game if it's in pre alpha state. Not representative of the final game at all.

I really hope the game doesn't look like that.

Demigod Mac

At least they are aware of the disappointing cartoony art style. Whether they do something about it remains to be seen.

VH1 and 2 had great art styles, even though different. This... doesn't feel appropriate.

Teknoman

Aru said:
What do you mean ?
Vandal Hearts: FoJ isn't a remake. It's a prequel, so it's a new game.

Anyway, I don't see the point of showing screenshots of a game if it's in pre alpha state. Not representative of the final game at all.

I really hope the game doesn't look like that.

Whoops, made the mistake of just skimming things. In that case, its nice the series is coming back, but I hope they somehow go back to the style of the older games.

I'm glad to know those screens are pre-alpha. I hope the final shots and character designs are more polished. Looking forward to this, hopefully they'll put VH I & II on PSN in the coming months.

Aru

Gunloc said:
I'm glad to know those screens are pre-alpha. I hope the final shots and character designs are more polished. Looking forward to this, hopefully they'll put VH I & II on PSN in the coming months.

This.

So E3 videos were released recently.

The game looks terrible. I don't know why they couldn't just go back to VH1's design, with its gory blood and dialogue, and interesting plot arcs.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I wanted to play it at E3, but didn't have the time. I watched someone play briefly, it looked good to me though very slow...

I'll still likely get it day 1, it just doesnt seem all that exciting yet

Alex

Every interview blurb I've read has mentioned Vandal Hearts II in a positive light, that doesn't exactly instill much confidence.

It's not like Vandal Hearts was some magical formula, it was just a simple FE/SF-like with 3D maps, great art, great characters, a cool story, BLOOD GEYSERS and an overall very solid "feel" to it.

Vandal Hearts II was a travesty though, much like Alundra II and what the fuck ever tipped them off that anyone EVER carried a torch for that piece of shit is beyond me.

I'll say one thing though, at least (in memory at least) VH2 had solid art direction and style. This game is just freaking hideous.

If you can't do it right, just keep it dead.

Top Bottom